• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Just got done... Won 44-20. Holy Robo-QB Batman! That Arkansas QB was total cheese the whole game. I even saved one of his best BS plays as a highlight. This was one of the many BS broken tackles then throwing for 20+yd plays that happened throughout the game. Their cheap ass shenanigans was the reason I put another score on the board instead of kneeling... ROBO-QB Bullshit!

FedEx Orange Bowl: #3 Marshall (Striker) vs. #1 Miami (CPU)
BCS National Championship: #2 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. #1 Miami (CPU)
Wow, Miami must be really damn good if they play in two bowl games. :)

BigAT said:
Again?! This is the fourth consecutive Rutgers/TTU bowl game.

Az, you going to be around tonight at all?
You guys will always play each other in the Fiesta Bowl unless one of you makes the BCS Championship. The Fiesta Bowl is Big 12 vs Big East.

TreyPowder

Hi, my name is Trey and I like this tackle football game. I'm also a ninja. I'd like to join this dynasty if possible, heard it was legit. My boy Curtis aka Natural told me about it. We used to play Madden a lot back in the day and kick rocks off his back porch. Now we just play NCAA. Let me know what's up.

My XBL gamertag is TreyPowder.

GCQuinton

Forgot about the HFA settings. Just turned them off, so it's in place for the rest of the games.

Trey, read over the rules in the OP and PM me if you're still interested. Not gonna lie, though, at this point in time I'm completely fine with the 8 folks we have along with our current pace and I'm not too hot to bring a newbie on. If you're serious about it, though, then let me know.

Nightz

KanZolo said:
N1ghtz, not sure if I'll be available tomorrow, have a long day of work. Maybe 7:30-8:30. If not I should be open wed.
I'll be home from work around 7 PST, so just let me know on here.

One of my toughest games ever, really had me doubting if I would be able to pull out the win. Miami took the ball first and went down the field mixing up the run and the pass and scored on a TD run. Even though their line isn't highly rated with two starters out they man handled my front 7 early on.

I got the ball and was stopped after a 1st down or two. It was clear Miami's Dline was dominant as their linemen would swim move over my guys almost from the snap. I tried to run some option but their DE's were getting so much push they were knocking my tackles back into Josh George.

They got the ball back and on 3rd down threw a comeback which freshman All-American Alex Washington tried to jump but missed and the WR took it to the house. Their receivers were pretty explosive turning a few short gains into big yardage throughout the game.

Even though Josh George was feeling the effects of his first BCS game and clearly affected by HFA with some major high throws and poor passes early I knew I had to settle him down some in order to move the ball. I shortened up the passing game to 3 step drops because Miami's rush was too much for any deep routes. I mixed in some runs here and there and put together a good drive capped off with a nice run by McCloud.

On Miami's next possession Patrick Nixon stepped in front of a quick slant and took it to the house. Miami's QB really played a great game and that was his only real mistake.

Tied up at 14 all Miami got the ball back and drove down the field again for a score and for the first time all season my defense was being seriously tested. By late 2nd qtr for the first time all year I seen my Dlinemen yellow and they were gassed. Guys started going down with injuries. My starting left tackle went out and I had my biggest loss on Miami's final drive of the half. Two Time 1st Team All American Damion Larkin went down with a dislocated shoulder and was lost for the game!! This was a major blow as he not only was holding up against the run well but was keeping their all-American Tight End in check.

Every time I thought I had grabbed the momentum Miami came roaring back going down the field for another score. Miami scored but left Josh George too much time on the clock. On 3rd down I completed a huge 31yard pass to Luke Ross a back WR, his only catch of the day. I went up top again for a big play to my top WR Robert Weber, his only catch as well. Miami mixed up man blitzing and zone well but I caught them in a blitz and used a pick play to get my RB free for the TD.

*HALF TIME*

I got the ball at the half only up by 7 so my game plan was to take it down the field slowly to take some time of the clock and keep my defense off the field. My offensive line finally woke up and I was able to run the ball down the field taking up the entire quarter. Miami's defense stiffened up and I had to settle for a field goal.

Miami drives down the field with some pin point passing and cap it off with an amazing 32 yard run where half my defense got pancaked and the other half stiff armed lol. I get the ball back and go 3and out after an awful over throw of a wide open WR for a 1st and two WR drops. Clearly HFA was still effecting George. Miami started with good field position and moved the ball but I was able to stop them and force a FG.

So Josh George took over from the 20yd line with 3minutes to go. I know he had been struggling with his accuracy all game so I threw a short screen pass to Charles Parker who has been quiet all day. He makes a few moves and bursts down the sideline, making one more impressive cutback on an 80yd catch and run!

This quick score left Miami with too much time on the clock. The QB picked me apart all the way down to my own 40yd line where I had them at a 3rd and 1. They called time out and came out in a big set. I played all out run and we stopped the RB for no gain. They called another time out and came out on 4th in an unbalanced line. They ran their big FB on a dive and the defense finally stepped up and gang tackled him for no gain! GAME OVER!!!

Definitely one of the best games I've played all year.

[Bolded sections have an accompanying highlight]

tl;dr :
1. Miami jumps out to 14pt lead
2. I fight back and score 28 in the 2nd qtr
3. Miami comes back to tie it up in the 4th
4. Big 80yd pass puts Nevada up by 7
5. Nevada stuffs Miami on 4th and 1 to win the game

Striker

Finished my Orange Bowl! I thought I was heading into losing territory for a second there in the second half. OU fumbled their second kickoff of the game, and I recovered. I figured I would take advantage of this and go PA deep, but their DL did his best Reggie White impersonation and destroyed two of me OL and their S picked up the lose ball and scored. Only up a TD there, but thankfully my offense held on afterwards, and my defense knocked out OU QB Jeff Franz for the final four or so minutes. My run game did pretty well and kept dashing the Sooner defense.

With Cooper's breakout season, I wonder if he is thinking of breaking bank and entering the NFL Draft. :(

EDIT: I didn't have any HFA problems; my QB is a 77 ovr and OU were the "home team".

Glad we decided to only pretend we were disabling HFA for the bowl games.

GG, AT. I couldn't stop you on offense for the most part. And I almost turned off the game after that bullshit fumble return for a TD.

BigAT

Rutgers over Texas Tech in the Fiesta Bowl, 31-21. GG Az.

My defense showed up in a big way throughout the game. An interception on Texas Tech's opening drive set me up with extremely good field position, resulting in a 13 yard TD pass on the following play. I managed to hold Andre Estes to 4.1 YPC (I'll take it). Total stats for the RU defense: 4 sacks, 3 INT, 1 FF/FR, 2 TDs. Things got oddly close at the end when I lateraled (still no clue why) and lost an onside kick I had recovered, giving TTU 14 points in like 30 seconds.

Rutgers would like to take this opportunity to honor Senior FS Devron Galloway for winning the Bednarik Award and Junior Rob Ferwerda for taking home the Thorpe Trophy.

GCQuinton

Azwethinkweiz said:
Glad we decided to only pretend we were disabling HFA for the bowl games.

GG, AT. I couldn't stop you on offense for the most part. And I almost turned off the game after that bullshit fumble return for a TD.

The only two games that were affected by HFA are BPH and MWS's game. HFA has been off since this morning. Anything else that happened after that is just the wacky CPU being wacky.

Well AT can attest to it being on. I know he knows it was on because once he realized my receivers couldn't hear my audibles, he started pumping up the crowd.

BigAT

Azwethinkweiz said:
Well AT can attest to it being on. I know he knows it was on because once he realized my receivers couldn't hear my audibles, he started pumping up the crowd.
Yeah, I noticed your receiver do the "I can't hear" animation late in the game, but I didn't notice much beyond that. Not that I would if I had HFA, but I assumed you were the home team going into the game. Did you get squibbly line routes or anything else like that during the game?

GCQuinton

Azwethinkweiz said:

Crowds get loud at neutral and home games too, ya know. Maybe your guy just didn't hear it based on his awareness?

Striker

BigAT said:
Yeah, I noticed your receiver do the "I can't hear" animation late in the game, but I didn't notice much beyond that. Not that I would if I had HFA, but I assumed you were the home team going into the game. Did you get squibbly line routes or anything else like that during the game?
I was the "away" team in the game vs. Oklahoma, and my QB was a 77 ovr. I would have had squiggly's before any player on Texas Tech would have. Perhaps GQ's right about the awareness aspect - there was no HFA involved in my game and our games were played basically the same time.

BigAT

Azwethinkweiz said:
I had the squiggly lines.

It was my 94 rated impact player receiver.
Maybe he had an inner ear infection as a result of going swimming in the team hotel prior to the game?

Azwethinkweiz said:
I had the squiggly lines.
I played with HFA on and was the away team but had no squiggly lines. Although I did feel the effects of HFA during the game.

Anyways. I was bored...since I went out last night instead of tonight and I am too shook to play Deadspace 2 at the moment =P. So I was looking through stats/awards and the All-American team and had a few thoughts.

Marshall:
This was the first year I didn't win Coach of the Year so I am assuming you won it. Congrats! Well deserved what you did with that team this year.

Michigan State:
It's amazing you passed for so many yards with such a mediocre QB. Please send that beastly TE to me...he's so under used.

Cal:
Smartest coaching move. The Pac 10 get major conference love and is an instant BCS birth for you each year.

Minnesota:
Your damn entire Dline are All-Americans...WTF

Texas Tech:
How the hell do your linebackers and DE get so many tackles??

Rutgers:
How does your 3rd CB get so many stats? Do you stay in Nickle all game?

South Carolina:
Starting a true freshman QB is never the best idea lol.

2015 Best Quotes:

Azwethinkweiz said:
I don't think anyone is going to be undefeated at the end of this season.
BigAT said:
Will the thugs that have been recruited to Nevada manage to avoid appearing in the police blotter during their week of free time?
GCQuinton said:
Because waiting eight hours is surely going to kill some of you.
KanZolo said:
Why the fuck did we advance
Nightz said:
Hurry up you slackers. I can't wait for my third bye week!

MWS Natural said:
THE AGE OF JOSH GEORGE IS UPON US
YOU ARE ALL WITNESS.
Azwethinkweiz said:
GCQuinton said:
NeoGAF Online Dynasty 2015 Heisman Trophy Winner

Josh George, QB, Nevada
eYaO5.png
smiley_smug.gif

I know you don't like it, but you need to let the other teams get some first downs to get more tackles. I guess that's the only way I can think to explain all the tackles.

BigAT

The majority of the teams I face each season run spread offenses, so I'm frequently in nickel/dime for most of the game.

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
South Carolina:
Starting a true freshman QB is never the best idea lol.

He's most likely going to be the highest rated player on the team next year in the mid to high 80's. Don't know if that speaks good or bad of my team :(

That said, I blame this season's failures squarely on my assistants and the NCAA who caused my departure to begin with.

GCQuinton said:
He's most likely going to be the highest rated player on the team next year in the mid to high 80's. Don't know if that speaks good or bad of my team :(

That said, I blame this season's failures squarely on my assistants and the NCAA who caused my departure to begin with.

And microsoft?

Azwethinkweiz said:
I know you don't like it, but you need to let the other teams get some first downs to get more tackles. I guess that's the only way I can think to explain all the tackles.
Joke post?? Wait so you let teams get first downs on purpose?? I don't think my football DNA would allow me to do this lol.
KanZolo said:
My TE isn't that underused. He's like top 5 in yardage and TDs I believe.
Yeah he does have a good amount of stats I just haven't seen him win any awards or be on the All-American team since his freshman year. I'm just jealous I haven't had a good TE in years lol. You would think after my former TE won the Mackey awards more kids would be interested but each year I fail to land a major TE prospect =/
BigAT said:
The majority of the teams I face each season run spread offenses, so I'm frequently in nickel/dime for most of the game.
Makes sense, I was just wondering because I don't remember you running that much nickle dime when we played. Still impressive to have such quality CB play. Overall our team defensive stats are almost identical except I have more sacks.

GCQuinton said:
Ok Mack.

MWS Natural said:
Joke post?? Wait so you let teams get first downs on purpose?? I don't think my football DNA would allow me to do this lol.

You don't have to do anything, but obviously you'll get more tackles the more your defense is on the field.

Nightz

GG. That game kinda sums up this season for me. Fumbles at the wrong and my QB being unable to make throws. Everything seemed to go downhill for me this season once Luke Brothers went out for the year. So glad he'll be back next season.

GCQuinton

Seriously, how many leagues have Nevada and Marshall as the top two teams in the country?? Another year down, folks. Well done.

That said, we're officially in the offseason! For those who have players leaving to take care of, do it! And how's everybody's schedule for tomorrow night looking for a one night offseason?

KanZolo

Pasadena, CA-The first score didn't come until 1:24 left in the first quarter after a fumble by Cal QB Terrell Graham.

Cat responded with some points off of a turnover with a 14 yd scamper by Cals RB after the usually accurate Jerome Jackson overthrew his WR by ten yards. This tied the game 7-7 with 2:08 left in 2nd quarter.

Determined to redeem himself, Jackson threw a deep corner to freshman phenom Berry for 59 yards 27 seconds later. 14-7 MSU.

With plenty of time to respond, CAL did so by connecting on a slant route with only 12 seconds remaining to tie it up at half.

Wanting to get things going right out the gate, MSU scored on the first possession after half while managing to eat up nearly three minutes of clock. 21-14 MSU.

CAL lost another fumble, this time by HB Upshaw, which lead to another passing TD by Jackson 28-14.

CAL was driving and knocking on the goal line when N1ghtz controller lost connection on a 4th down conversion leading to a sack and forced fumble. Attempting to run out some clock, MSU busted a 61 yard run to paydirt with 3:28 left to go up 35-14.

A late INT was CAL's final mistake.

GG. Got lucky on the Upshaw fumble but my D had a couple of dropped picks that were outrageous.

GCQuinton said:
Seriously, how many leagues have Nevada and Marshall as the top two teams in the country?? Another year down, folks. Well done.

That said, we're officially in the offseason! For those who have players leaving to take care of, do it! And how's everybody's schedule for tomorrow night looking for a one night offseason?
I should be around.

KanZolo

GCQuinton said:

I liked how we did it last time. 12 hour blocks.

aKggz.png

In news that should come as a surprise to no one, Nevada's Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback Josh George is leaving school to enter the NFL draft.

“This decision was difficult for me and my family,” George said. “I think it is best that I make that next step in my career and forgo my senior season and enter the NFL Draft. It was a very hard decision for me, especially after coming off the great season we had at Nevada. I’m blessed to have been around an excellent environment and have great teammates, coaches and support here.”

Opinions diverge on what kind of pro player George will be: He’s a great athlete with a good arm and coming from a pro style offense it should ease his transition into the NFL. He is expected to go somewhere in the top 5 this April.

"We appreciate Josh's many contributions to Nevada and the outstanding leader that he was for our football team," Coach Natural said. "He had one of the greatest individual seasons ever by an Nevada player and was a key part of our championship run. Josh will always be a member of the Wolfpack family and we wish him the best in his future endeavors."

The Shaker Heights, OH., native was chosen the Walter Camp and Associated Press National Player of the Year. George also won the Maxwell Award as the nation's top player and the Davey O'Brien Award as the best quarterback. The NCAA has not seen such dominance in many years with some analyst dubbing him "Newton 2.0" early in the preseason. Somehow George was able to live up to such lofty expectations.

"Before the season there were coaches in the country who didn't even who I was. Well I guess they know now", chuckled George with a big shit eatin' grin on this face.

Coach Natural has not announced who is the George's heir apparent but it is expected to be a fierce competition between last years top QB recruits and the #2 QB of the class of 2015.

NeoGaf_Network-1.jpg

This is NSN News signing off.

Top Bottom