• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Thirteen Games

South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. Clemson (CPU)
#4 Cal (Nightz) vs. Oregon State (CPU)
#18 Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. #8 Penn State (CPU)
#12 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. Louisville (CPU)
#3 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. Hawaii (CPU)
#15 Minnesota (BPH) vs. Wisconsin (CPU)
#6 Marshall (Striker) vs. Memphis (CPU)

IDLE: #2 Texas Tech (Az)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Thirteen Headlines

Texas Tech Defeats Oklahoma, Moves Into National Title Contention
Nevada, Cal Inches Closer To Getting Into That Dance. Can They Do It?
Marshall Looks To Move Into Top Five For The First Time In School History
First Bowl Projections Of The Season Arrive

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Zach Woodard, CB, Texas Tech
42-10 W Against Oklahoma
7 tackles, INT

Rankings

Texas Tech - #2 Coaches, #2 Media, #2 BCS
Nevada - #3 Coaches, #3 Media, #3 BCS
Cal - #4 Coaches, #5 Media, #4 BCS
Marshall - #6 Coaches, #6 Media, #6 BCS
Rutgers - #12 Coaches, #9 Media, #10 BCS
Minnesota - #15 Coaches, #12 Media, #14 BCS
Michigan State - #18 Coaches, #15 Media, #16 BCS

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Game of the Week

Michigan State vs. Penn State

WEEK THIRTEEN DEADLINE IS FRIDAY!!!

BigAT

Jesus, this is the 4th week in a row since my starting RB was supposed to be back from injury that he was listed as questionable and unable to play. It's like he's in injury purgatory.

I hope Miami gets upset so one of us can have a user vs user BCS title game.

BigAT said:
Jesus, this is the 4th week in a row since my starting RB was supposed to be back from injury that he was listed as questionable and unable to play. It's like he's in injury purgatory.

Has he gone up a few points this season or did he start the season at 88ovr? My RB surprisingly went up a few points this season but I seen Estes is at 86ovr.

BigAT

MWS Natural said:
I hope Miami gets upset so one of us can have a user vs user BCS title game.

Has he gone up a few points this season or did he start the season at 88ovr? My RB surprisingly went up a few points this season but I seen Estes is at 86ovr.
I think he started at that. He hasn't really played at all this season so I can't imagine he went up at all.

Estes, who leads the country in rushing and YPC, has stayed at 87 the whole season. Meanwhile, Brown went from 87->94 over the course of the season, and he's barely in the top 25 receiving. He is a Junior though and Estes is a Sophomore. I wonder if you only get stat increases as an upperclassman.

BigAT said:
I think he started at that. He hasn't really played at all this season so I can't imagine he went up at all.
Yeah, McCloud was out for 4games and don't get much time because my starters are usually on the bench by the 3rd quarter. Why I was so surprised that he went up 2pts this season.

Azwethinkweiz said:
Estes, who leads the country in rushing and YPC, has stayed at 87 the whole season. Meanwhile, Brown went from 87->94 over the course of the season, and he's barely in the top 25 receiving. He is a Junior though and Estes is a Sophomore. I wonder if you only get stat increases as an upperclassman.

Underclassmen definitely go up 1-2pts during season but it does seem like upperclassmen get more bonus points. Josh George has gone from an 86-89 and that was the most I have seen. An increase of 7pts during the season is pretty crazy, was he redshirted and then you remove it during the season?

KanZolo

Jesus Owl Christ, Penn State did its best OSU impersonation and was murdering me.

Going in, I was wondering what kind of game this would be, since they are A-. I forced a fumble on the first play of scrimmage and thought "ah, this is going to be a fun one." I was very wrong.

It was back and forth in the 1st Q, they scored the only TD. The scored 2 more to go doen 21-0 mid way through the 2nd Q. I scored and was hoping to get a stop and score so i would only be down a score when I got the ball back after half but...

They marched down the field and got a TD with like :50 to go up 28-7. I was all like :/
but I luckily scored to bring it to 14-28 at half.

I got ball and scored within a minute (14-28) so I was like :D "comeback time." They kicked a FG on the next possession (14-31). I went down the field easily once again...until I got to the 3 yd line and they executed a perfect goal line stand.

They kicked another FG to go up 21-34 with 2:48 left in the 4th. I scored 25 seconds later with a 68 yd bomb to Mumprhey reincarnate Berry. (28-34)

Instead of running it out they continued to pass and threw a INT that was returned to the 10 yd line at 2:03 left on the clock. I scored on the next play for my first lead in the game 35-34.

But there was still plenty of time left for a Penn State university team that was playing like Joe Pa died right before the game. They quickly got into FG range but they weren't satisfied. They wanted a TD and that's exactly what they got...except it was an 83 yd pick-six by my linebacker with 30 secs left.

Shit... the computer tried everything to screw me. My starting punt returner fumbled the catch twice and his backup once... I never received a punt cleanly without fumbling. Also their fucking ROBO-QB was 21-25 until they started spiking the ball when there was less than 2 minutes left. Luckily Maurice Parks shredded their sorry ass rush defense for 200+yds and 2TDs and my RB Robinson went for 100 more.

KanZolo said:
Instead of running it out they continued to pass and threw a INT that was returned to the 10 yd line at 2:03 left on the clock. I scored on the next play for my first lead in the game 35-34.
Wow, what a retarded CPU, they run the ball they win. DURRRR!! o_O

Striker

Got my game done. New starting QB Derek Wilson took a few hits, was suppose to sit out the 2nd half, but I kept him in knowing it's a risk injury I know I probably cannot afford. Still having a bit of trouble finding open lanes running the ball; OL hasn't done much for me. And my defense is starting to get extremely leaky, just in time to face MIN. -_-

I believe Az is left who has recruiting to do.

Sorry, I did my recruiting online but didn't need all my hours. I'm not turning on my xbox, starting up the game, and downloading the dynasty file just to show me as ready.

As someone else stated, never wait on me to do my recruiting.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Fourteen Games

#5 Cal (Nightz) vs. Stanford (CPU)
#15 Minnesota (BPH) vs. #6 Marshall (Striker)

IDLE: Everybody else! Do your recruiting!

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Fourteen Headlines

Nevada Leapfrogs Texas Tech For #2 Ranking
The Nation Has Eyes On The Big Cal-Stanford Game
The League, On The Other Hand, Are All Watching Minnesota-Marshall
Nevada's Jason George Regains Heisman Lead
Something In The Water: All Three Thorpe Finalists Hail From Rutgers

Jason George, QB, Nevada
73-28 W Against Hawaii
13-23 for 254 yards
7 carries for 149 yards
7 total TD

Rankings

Nevada - #2 Coaches, #2 Media, #2 BCS
Texas Tech - #3 Coaches, #3 Media, #3 BCS
Cal - #5 Coaches, #6 Media, #6 BCS
Marshall - #6 Coaches, #5 Media, #5 BCS
Rutgers - #10 Coaches, #9 Media, #9 BCS
Minnesota - #15 Coaches, #12 Media, #14 BCS
Michigan State - #16 Coaches, #11 Media, #12 BCS

Minnesota vs. Marshall

WEEK FOURTEEN DEADLINE IS SUNDAY!!!

DaCommish said:
Nevada's Jason George Regains Heisman Lead
Josh George! No respect I tell ya!

Minnesota vs. Marshall
Most anticipated game of the year here. Marshall is without their starting QB but Minn is known to tighten up in big games.

Azwethinkweiz said:
My only hope is the Big 12 Championship Game! Honestly though MWS deserves to go, unless he loses to Cal.
Yeah well it sucks it won't be a user vs user champ for whoever makes it.

I am so ready for this season to be over. My team was better but for some reason I didn't enjoy it as much. I guess being in rebuild mode for so long has me wanting to play with a worse team again..

Good game Striker. This sums up my game...

1273045_o.gif

* Wide open WR on 3rd down set up at least 3 pts... overthrown by 10 yards.
* Routine toss play "RB" to cover up ball results in a fumble and a TD for Marshall

Striker

GG BPH.

I was quite fortunate to be there. On the first drive defensively I slipped into a 3-4 man defense, and my S's kept lurking up, so he snapped it my guys for some reason kept over-pursuing and he was en route to a long TD. The second series came in my favor when his HB coughed up the ball and my OLB picked it up and ran 48 yards for the score. If that doesn't happen, I doubt the game ends like it does. I wasn't moving offensively until later when I got a bit of a pass game going, and Cooper getting a few nice holes.

His QB missed at least two or so receivers, one which was on a 3rd down play to his TE. Kind of makes me remember Blake's errant passes his Freshman season.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Fifteen Games

#5 Cal (Nightz) vs. #2 Nevada (MWS Natural)

IDLE: Everybody else! Do your recruiting!

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Fifteen Headlines

Cal And Nevada Close Regular Season With A Bowl Atmosphere Type Game
Marshall Enters The Top Five For The First Time In School History After Beating Minnesota
South Carolina Coach Having Bittersweet Time On The Beach After Premature End To Season
Wesley Tidwell (Texas Tech) And Mike Sanders (Marshall) Are Finalists For The Lombardi Award

Randall Cooper, HB, Marshall
21-14 W Against Minnesota
17 carries for 84 yards, 2 TD
2 receptions for 38 yards

Rankings

Texas Tech - #3 Coaches, #4 Media, #3 BCS
Marshall - #4 Coaches, #3 Media, #4 BCS
Cal - #5 Coaches, #5 Media, #5 BCS
Rutgers - #9 Coaches, #8 Media, #8 BCS
Michigan State - #12 Coaches, #10 Media, #11 BCS
Minnesota - #17 Coaches, #14 Media, #14 BCS

Cal vs. Nevada

WEEK FIFTEEN DEADLINE IS TUESDAY!!!

GCQuinton

I'm already starting to get PMs about this so let me say if you're going to change teams in the offseason it has to be BEFORE the preseason starts. Once we get to that phase, teams are locked in for the year and you can't switch. This has been an unwritten rule for that going back to my NCAA '09 online dynasty and that's how we've always done it, but since I'm getting PMs about people wanting to see their rankings before switching teams I felt like I had to come out and address that.

Nightz

MWS, I'll be out most of the day dealing with some family stuff. I might be able to play tonight, but I'm not sure yet. I'll let you know.

BigAT

Funny that I have the top 3 finalists for the Thorpe award since it's actually kind of a down year for my CBs, ratings wise.

Azwethinkweiz said:
Lol at people wanting to see rankings before switching teams.
I had considered leaving after Josh George's senior year (if he came back). But then I signed Jared Rice who is pretty much a Josh George clone but younger so I just may stay around a bit lol.

BigAT said:
Funny that I have the top 3 finalists for the Thorpe award since it's actually kind of a down year for my CBs, ratings wise.
Funny it's the complete opposite for me. Ratings wise and on the field this is the best defense I've had but I doubt anyone will make the All-American team. I get a good amount of 3 and out's so no one really has a chance to pile up any statistics. This affects the offense as well. I start from the 40 or 50yd line most of the time so I don't get many yards. One thing though that I have gotten a lot more of is defensive TD's. Last year I probably had 3 total, this year I have 8+.

GG Nightz the way you went down the field easily on your second drive I thought it was going to be a long day for my defense. Your QB had a few bad overthrows which hurt your offense. Since your RB doesn't have much speed I didn't have to worry about the outside run much either.

Offensively your bend but don't break defense kept me from making any big plays so I just tried to be patient and take what you gave me. Overall I think the game was closer than the score indicates.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Conference Championship Week Games

Big 12 Championship: #4 Texas Tech (Az) vs. Nebraska (CPU)
Conference USA Championship: #3 Marshall (Striker) vs. Houston (CPU)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Conference Championship Week Headlines

Nevada Wolfpack Seemingly Secures Spot In BCS National Championship Game
Texas Tech And Marshall Play To Win Their Conferences
Could The Thundering Herd Slip Into The Title Game With A Miami Loss?
Josh George Moves Back Into Heisman Lead

Rankings

Marshall - #3 Coaches, #3 Media, #3 BCS
Texas Tech - #4 Coaches, #4 Media, #4 BCS
Rutgers - #8 Coaches, #7 Media, #7 BCS
Cal - #10 Coaches, #11 Media, #11 BCS
Michigan State - #12 Coaches, #9 Media, #10 BCS
Minnesota - #17 Coaches, #15 Media, #14 BCS

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK DEADLINE IS TUESDAY!!!

mik

mik is unbeatable
Striker said:
Give us spectator mode EA >:|
I've wanted spectator mode since NFL 2K1 and the beginning of online leagues. I'd love to watch the SuperBowl/National Championship games from the leagues I participate in.

mik said:
I've wanted spectator mode since NFL 2K1 and the beginning of online leagues. I'd love to watch the SuperBowl/National Championship games from the leagues I participate in.
I was in a league years ago on PS2 that had a direct feed of the championship broadcast online.

GCQuinton

Looks like Striker's playing his game now so as soon as he's finished I'll advance to the bowls.

And with that said, it's also time for the seasonal "what day are you guys free?" question for the one night offseason activities assuming we finish the bowls before Thursday or Friday.

Striker

Done.

I will now have different work hours, so that remains to be seen. I go in tomorrow to find more out. I should be ok for a Thursday or Friday scheduling, though.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Bowl Season Games

Capital One Bowl: #14 Minnesota (BPH) vs. #19 Arkansas (CPU)
Rose Bowl: #10 Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. #11 Cal (Nightz)
Tostitos Fiesta Bowl: #4 Texas Tech (Az) vs. #7 Rutgers (BigAT)
FedEx Orange Bowl: #3 Marshall (Striker) vs. #6 Oklahoma (CPU)
BCS National Championship: #2 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. #1 Miami (CPU)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Bowl Season Headlines

Will Nevada Join Rutgers As A Two-Time League National Champion?
Josh George Gives The Wolfpack Its Second Heisman Winner
Marshall Plays It's Highest Profile Game In Program History At The Orange Bowl
Shades Of mik Abound As His Former Team Faces Off Against Minnesota
Tostitos Fiesta Bowl Features Rematch Of Last Year's National Championship
Rivalry In The Making: Michigan State And Cal Face Off Again In Rose Bowl
Coach GCQ: "Jay Thompson's Already Got The Guys In The Weight Room, We're Out For Blood Next Season"

NeoGAF Online Dynasty 2015 Heisman Trophy Winner

Josh George, QB, Nevada

BOWL SEASON DEADLINE IS THURSDAY!!!

Top Bottom