• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Striker

Nightz said:
Done with week 4. I'm just hoping some of these 4* guards and tackles that I recruited are decent enough to start. My entire O-line with the exception of my center graduated this year lol.
I just woke up from my nap, did you get that player you and I are fighting over? lol

Those new recruits are all battling for another school and I doubt I get one. :|

Nightz

Striker said:
I just woke up from my nap, did you get that player you and I are fighting over? lol

Those new recruits are all battling for another school and I doubt I get one. :|
Lol no and I think you actually have the lead on that guy. I doubt I'll get him since I have one scholarship left and I'm trying to steal an athlete from SDSU. I'll still try to make it difficult for you though. :)

Striker

Yah I noticed I somehow skipped ahead from last week. I think I softened him up a bit more. I was able to achieve 896 pts on him. :lol

Georgia is making it tough to grab another 4* caliber, this time an OLB. I think those are my only alternatives. That and I just have 4 spots left anyways.

Crazy the top school draft classes are RUT, NEV and CAL. At least I finally made it into the top 10. Hope it doesn't take so long the next dynasty we do.

I'd be upset about my recruiting class but at this point none of these guys are going to get to play anyway. We're done in 2 seasons and I'm barely playing freshmen and sophomores as it is.

KanZolo

Azwethinkweiz said:
I'd be upset about my recruiting class but at this point none of these guys are going to get to play anyway. We're done in 2 seasons and I'm barely playing freshmen and sophomores as it is.
u so cool

Team looks good on paper this year but never know until after the progression though. That's my favorite part of the entire OD. All the work you do on the field, on the recruiting trail, in the weight room all for one moment...THE PROGRESSION.

MWS Natural said:
Team looks good on paper this year but never know until after the progression though. That's my favorite part of the entire OD. All the work you do on the field, on the recruiting trail, in the weight room all for one moment...THE PROGRESSION.
I agree with you totally. The off-season is really fun. I hope my underclassmen will progress well. If not.. I'm screwed. 3/4's of my defense were seniors this past season. This is probably one of the youngest teams I have had. Hopefully some of my new recruits and redshirt freshman will contribute this fall.

Speaking of the off-season, I wonder if EA will ever add spring games back into the game. They were used like mini-camp in Madden. If the player did well in the game, they had the chance to get a small ratings boost in addition to the off-season training. Anyway... it sucks that there are still features that were in the PS2 version that still haven't made it to the 360.

Nightz

Done. I'll be at home tonight doing some planning with the fiancee, so if you guys decide to do the offseason tonight I can pop in to do it.

KanZolo

Big Papa Husker said:
Just a heads up, it isn't showing a green "ready to advance" light on the 360 for you guys.

Az and AT are left.
probably because I have like 7 hours left and did it on website

WOO!!! I finally got a 5-Star QB!!

#2 QB Alan Cleveland

wciwdz.jpg.gif

EDIT: Son of a bitch! His accuracy is worse than last season's starters. Crap... :(

vader.jpg

I'm done BTW.

Congrats on the QB BP. It turns out the top dual threat QB of this class Bo Jean makes a sick WR which works out great since I have a backlog at QB. A few of my JUCO guys looking like Pre-season All-Americans haha.

The amount of young talent I have on this team is heads above what I usually bring in. I know I've had a top 5 class before but this class is even better than the last couple. I mean these guys are coming in ready to play DAY 1.

It's funny though because after position changes I will be like, "omg this freshman is so good he will start!" -----> PLAYER PROGRESSION "oh uh..yeah guess I'll redshirt him and start the junior." lol

KanZolo

I already beat one big ten team that has a winning record so I already have done more than that joker

edit: The backround was from an old comic image i found
oivwop.jpg

Striker

BigAT said:
Done with changes.
How is Holly, the HB you stole earlier this season? >:|

My Freshman HB Allen Gore seems ok.. just wanted an extra one-two punch to go along with him. I know it was a three way battle between you, BPH, and I. I guess you got 2x time or used some serious promises.

BigAT

Big Papa Husker said:
WOO!!! I finally got a 5-Star QB!!

#2 QB Alan Cleveland

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iFJtxt0rs_M/TUUKoIIFdNI/AAAAAAAAACY/qyaZybEo0GM/s1600/wciwdz.jpg.gif[IMG]

EDIT: Son of a bitch! His accuracy is worse than last season's starters. Crap... :([/QUOTE]
Wasn't he a scrambler? I guess that's part of what you get.

[QUOTE=Striker]How is Holly, the HB you stole earlier this season? >:|

My Freshman HB Allen Gore seems ok.. just wanted an extra one-two punch to go along with him. I know it was a three way battle between you, BPH, and I. I guess you got 2x time or used some serious promises.[/QUOTE]
He's alright. He came in at a nice OVR at 77, but his trucking is surprisingly low (70) for a power back which means he's also lacking speed. Thankfully he won't need to play much this year with Brian Smith back, so hopefully he will develop a bit after year 1.

BigAT said:
Wasn't he a scrambler? I guess that's part of what you get.
Yeah BP you can't expect everyone to be a true dualthreat QB like JG!

Team is looking real good so far BEFORE the progression. Going to be interesting to see how they look after. My only disappointment has been the 5star and high 4star Olinemen I recruited that I thought would be better. But that fact that I have a young Tony Gonzalez on my team makes this class my best yet. Is it possible for freshman to leave after one year?? lol

GCQuinton

I was the first to take care of mine. I can't manually set my status for "Ready to Advance" though because of how it's set up now compared to last year's and 09's game. Never really noticed it till my temporary leave when BigAT was filling in as commish.

Anywho, cut your players! Deadline's at midnight EST! I can't make any promises because I'll be in and out all day, but if everyone finishes today I might be able to knock the schedules out. Otherwise I'll do them tomorrow morning/afternoon.

My current 3* recruits:

Micheal Jack FB 80ovr
Marcus Murphy WR 74ovr
Cedric Lewis G (JUCO) 80ovr
Matt Hodge DE (JUCO) 84ovr
Michael Davis MBL (JUCO) 84ovr
Jammal Kearney CB (JUCO) 79ovr
Scott Rogers FS (JUCO) 79ovr
Maurice Robinson SS (JUCO) 79ovr

That's an average of 80ovr for the 3* guys in my class.

Not to overstate the importance of overall with his list. These guys are good players that fit my system. If not for a couple of good classes back to back these guys would all be starters. If you get a high JUCO guy and sit him for a year it's almost a guaranteed 85ovr player. Really a quick way to turn a mediocre team into a contender.

GCQuinton

Advanced to the preseason! Not gonna have time for schedules tonight, so I'll do them tomorrow morning and advance to the season after that.

GCQuinton

I doubt this would ever be added as a feature, but it'd be cool commish-wise if there was something where I could just set the number of human games and automatically have it rotate each year without having to do it manually.

Trying to balance that every season (especially when we were maxed out at 12, don't even wanna imagine if they doubled it for NCAA 12) is my least favorite part of all this.

GCQuinton

6qvac5.jpg

With the countdown to the ninth and final season of the NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty fast approaching, commish GCQ is pulling out all the stops to ensure these last two seasons are as engaging and competitve as possible. That begins with a move that may or may not draw some heat from members, as he announces the new "No Cupcakes" policy, going into effect immediately.

"No Cupcakes means just that...no "easy" CPU teams for members to walk over," said the commish. "Over the last two or three seasons, the number of blowouts seemed to be getting out of hand and this is my little way to address that. Simply put, unless it's a rivalry game that has to be there, you're getting a highly ranked CPU opponent. That may be a home game, an away game with HFA for them, it could be a lot of things. Get ready to strap up and deal with it!"

The Human Game Schedule for Season Eight is as follows:

Cal
Minnesota
Marshall
Texas Tech

Marshall
Cal
Nevada
Minnesota

Michigan
Rutgers
South Carolina
Texas Tech

Minnesota
Cal
South Carolina
Marshall

Nevada
Texas Tech
Rutgers
Marshall

Rutgers
Michigan
Nevada
South Carolina

South Carolina
Michigan
Rutgers
Minnesota

Texas Tech
Nevada
Cal
Michigan

Week One Preview Coming Up!

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week One Games

South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. Clemson (CPU)
#16 Cal (Nightz) vs. #13 Minnesota (BPH)
#1 Michigan (KanZolo) vs. #3 Rutgers (BigAT)
#4 Texas Tech (Az) vs. #9 Nevada (MWS Natural)
#25 Marshall (Striker) vs. #18 Cincinnati (CPU)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week One Headlines

The Countdown to The End Of The League Begins Today!
Can Rutgers Take Home An Unprecedented Fourth National Championship Before The League Ends?
Number Of League Heavy Hitters Colliding In Week One Action
Nevada In Preseason Top Ten For First Time In School History
Wolf Pack's Carter, McCloud Early Heisman Faves

Rankings

Michigan - #1 Coaches
Rutgers - #3 Coaches
Texas Tech - #4 Coaches
Nevada - #9 Coaches
Minnesota - #13 Coaches
Cal - #16 Coaches
Marshall - #25 Coaches

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Game of the Week

Michigan vs. Rutgers

WEEK ONE DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY!!!

BigAT

GG Kan. That just sucked, I felt like I was consistently putting my players in positions to make plays on the ball and they just stood there and stared vacantly. I don't know if it was HFA or what, but my defense was nowhere to be found. To make matters worse, I somehow lost my best CB for 5 weeks on one of the final plays of the game where Michigan was just running out the clock.

KanZolo

BigAT said:
GG Kan. That just sucked, I felt like I was consistently putting my players in positions to make plays on the ball and they just stood there and stared vacantly. I don't know if it was HFA or what, but my defense was nowhere to be found. To make matters worse, I somehow lost my best CB for 5 weeks on one of the final plays of the game where Michigan was just running out the clock.
GG, def has some bad breaks. After throwing a 75 TD pass on first play from scrimmage, it all went down hill.

Nightz

Big Papa Husker said:
Nightz are you going to be around this afternoon or tonight? I should be available to play.
I'll be around tonight (Disclaimer: PST). What's the latest you can play? I'll try to be home by then.

GCQ said:
With the countdown to the ninth and final season of the NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty fast approaching, commish GCQ is pulling out all the stops to ensure these last two seasons are as engaging and competitve as possible. That begins with a move that may or may not draw some heat from members, as he announces the new "No Cupcakes" policy, going into effect immediately.
My schedule is easier than previous years? You put UNLV back and took away my game vs Bama. Just sucks not really having a shot at a NC because of schedule and preseason ranking >_>

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
My schedule is easier than previous years? You put UNLV back and took away my game vs Bama. Just sucks not really having a shot at a NC because of schedule and preseason ranking >_>

"No Cupcakes means just that...no "easy" CPU teams for members to walk over," said the commish. "Over the last two or three seasons, the number of blowouts seemed to be getting out of hand and this is my little way to address that. Simply put, unless it's a rivalry game that has to be there, you're getting a highly ranked CPU opponent. That may be a home game, an away game with HFA for them, it could be a lot of things. Get ready to strap up and deal with it!"

Reading is fundamental. All rivalries were maintained. Any schedule you saw before I set them doesn't matter.

GCQuinton said:
Reading is fundamental. All rivalries were maintained. Any schedule you saw before I set them doesn't matter.
My point is that my rivalry game hasn't been there for 4-5 seasons. I'm not comparing it to the BS CPU preseason schedule I'm talking about past years. My rivalry game was replaced by a better CPU opponent. Anyways it's not a big deal it's just when you said "nooo cupcake schedule!!!" I thought it was actually going to be a tougher CPU schedule not an easier one lol. You take your personal time to do this stuff, which I do appreciate, so I don't want to sound like I'm complaining it was just funny.

Top Bottom