• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Just want to let everyone know that I'm out. Without getting into it, I don't want to play in a league where classless shit like this goes on. And I won't be back next year if MWS comes back. Good luck to the rest of you.

Azwethinkweiz said:
Just want to let everyone know that I'm out. Without getting into it, I don't want to play in a league where classless shit like this goes on. And I won't be back next year if MWS comes back. Good luck to the rest of you.
Really? I'm classless because I ran the ball in the 4th? Unless it's a blowout game I always run the ball out against anyone I've played. You are the only person who has had a problem every time we've played.

1st game: "Waah you ran option on me!!"
2nd game: "Waah you ran 335!!"
3rd game: "Waaah you ran the ball instead of taking a knee!"

If you lose you ALWAYS have an excuse, same thing vs Rutgers.

I'm glad I don't have to play you again, most boring game ever. Running bump and run man lock the entire game regardless of what I called. The same defense over and over..how realistic is that? Just because you can get away with having a shitload of talent without calling any defenses and win against other people doesn't mean you can do it against me.

If the game wasn't out of hand (winning by 21+) I don't see a problem with running the ball to end the game. It's not his fault that he broke a run for a TD. You need to play defense. The same thing has happened to me many times in my last few games with Kanzolo, MWS and Nightz and it was because I made the wrong call or overran the play. I have no problem with MWS. He is a DAMN good player.

Striker

I'm the type of person who knows when he's going to be beaten, and will accept defeat. I don't know the total circumstances here, so I can't pick and choose. However, if I'm down 14+ most often I will run, short pass to get the clock continue moving, but try to chew clock just so I'm not wasting my time any further, or his time, either. I lose I lose.

GCQuinton

Az, if you still wanna drop let me know to confirm it and I'll drop you. If you've cooled off since then and wanna stay, that works too but it's on you. As far as MWS's play style goes, it's not like you just showed up today and played him for the first time. For better or worse, you knew what to expect. Like I've always told everyone from Day 1 (and since NCAA '09 for you), if there's a problem member or someone's doing something you think is cheating/cheesing/whatever, tell me and I'll look into, and if necessary, take care of it.

For the last nine months we've been in this league, nobody's had any complaints regarding his play style so if nobody's not saying anything, there's not much I can do and I take it nobody has anything against it. And if you were just gonna drop the first week, I really just wasted my time on your schedule and two other folks have one less game to play that I could have worked in otherwise. For what it's worth, I do hope you stick around to close the league out and come back for next year since you're a dependable vet and for this kinda thing that's hard to come by.

Looks like I'll be last up after Nightz and BPH play. I'll knock it out tomorrow morning.

Nightz said:
LOL.

Luke Brothers - out 7 weeks
Matt Hampton - out 3 weeks

Both happened within the first 5 minutes of the game.
It didn't seem to matter... your QB carved up my secondary. I guess that's what happens when you recruit marginal players.. :(

Good game.

Nightz

Big Papa Husker said:
It didn't seem to matter... your QB carved up my secondary. I guess that's what happens when you recruit marginal players.. :( Oh well, good game.
GG man. I think my QB is finally ready for the big time, so I'll be working him into the system more. I thought the momentum had totally swung your way when you had the fumble return for a TD. Thankfully I was able to get some stops on D.

Nightz said:
GG man. I think my QB is finally ready for the big time, so I'll be working him into the system more. I thought the momentum had totally swung your way when you had the fumble return for a TD. Thankfully I was able to get some stops on D.
Man, your D is scary fast, especially that DE. I couldn't get to the outside to save my life, save that one option play.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Two Games

South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #1 Michigan (KanZolo)
#12 Cal (Nightz) vs. #23 Marshall (Striker)
#11 Texas Tech (Az?) vs. #2 Ohio State (CPU)
#9 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. #6 Nevada (MWS Natural)
#19 Minnesota (BPH) vs. #8 Ole Miss (CPU)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Two Headlines

Texas Tech Coach Az Storms Off Field After Loss To Nevada; Is He Done For Good?
Michigan Defeats Rutgers In Early Season Battle Of Heavyweights
South Carolina Spills Tiger Blood All Over Stadium, Beats Clemson
Minnesota Comes Up Short Against Cal, Loses 31-14

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Devin Brown, QB, Michigan
38-21 W Against Rutgers
22-28 for 275 yards
6 carries for 42 yards
4 total TD

Rankings

Michigan - #1 Coaches
Nevada - #6 Coaches
Rutgers - #9 Coaches
Texas Tech - #11 Coaches
Cal - #12 Coaches
Minnesota - #19 Coaches
Marshall - #23 Coaches

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Game of the Week

Rutgers vs. Nevada

WEEK TWO DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY!!!

DCX

DCX
Azwethinkweiz said:
popcorn.gif

BTW running the ball is ideal in a blowout...here's the trick. There is no rules to what kind of running. So if you have a dude who excels in rushing the ball already, mre than likely he will break one even in a "milking " situation. Sucks, but nothing you can do.

You can't expect him to run dives into linemen. Some people do just that, some don't. It's the nature of different folks blah, blah.

DCX

GCQuinton

KanZolo said:
I pmed you...won't be able to play now. May have to wait to Wed

Yeah I checked the thread right before you PM'ed me and left to do some other stuff. If you can still go tonight just let me know but Wednesday works, too.

Striker

Nightz, what's your availability like today? When do you want to embarrass my team? I'll be home all day but going to sleep a little more while.

Nightz

Striker said:
Nightz, what's your availability like today? When do you want to embarrass my team? I'll be home all day but going to sleep a little more while.
Can you go at like 6 PST? I have a short window before guests come over. Otherwise I can play at like 9 or 10, which is probably too late.

Striker

Nightz said:
Can you go at like 6 PST? I have a short window before guests come over. Otherwise I can play at like 9 or 10, which is probably too late.
We can probably play that late, I might be up.

Striker

Nightz said:
I'll be home no later than 7 PST, possibly earlier.
Let's hope earlier lol. I gotta leave around quarter til. So I would like to start getting ready around 10:30 est.

I'll check in later.

Nightz

GG Striker. My defense just can't stop you whenever we play. That pick I threw was stupid. Lag spike made it seem like the hike didn't register so I hit A again. The game hikes it and immediately throws it at the covered TE. I also can't go a game without a fumble.

Edit: Is Az still in? He's my next opponent.

Striker

GG Nightz. Those first two turnovers did you in.

The lag spikes were weird. But even at one point in the 4th, I couldn't call a play unless I called it before you got your playcall chosen first. That's why I did those 2-timeouts.

HB Allen Gore looked good early, but was scaring me later, which I expect when I face the tough teams this year. The fumbles will come back to bite me sooner than later. Why I'm happy I have somebody like Kilpatrick.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Three Games

South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. Georgia (CPU)
#1 Michigan (KanZolo) vs. #4 Alabama (CPU)
#15 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. #8 Ohio State (CPU)
#3 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. Hawaii (CPU)
#20 Marshall (Striker) vs. UAB (CPU)

IDLE: #19 Cal (Nightz), #13 Minnesota (BPH)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Three Headlines

Commish Regrettably Drops Texas Tech From League Two Weeks Into Season
#1 Michigan Edges South Carolina 31-28
Thundering Herd Pull Off The Upset, Defeating Cal
Nevada Bests The Scarlet Knights of Rutgers 49-35

Terrence McCloud, HB, Nevada
49-35 W Against Rutgers
12 carries for 90 yards, 3 TD
4 receptions for 51 yards, TD

Rankings

Michigan - #1 Coaches
Nevada - #3 Coaches
Minnesota - #13 Coaches
Rutgers - #15 Coaches
Cal - #19 Coaches
Marshall - #20 Coaches

Michigan vs. Alabama

WEEK THREE DEADLINE IS FRIDAY!!!

BigAT said:
Don't really have time for a proper recap as I'm on the way out the door, but GG MWS.
Good game man it went back and forth a while. It really looked like two A offenses out there. Your one QB has some serious speed, you caught me off guard on that first play because i went right for the RB and he made me pay for it.

I still can't believe that play Alex Washington made on that interception. He got beat at the line then some how made up 5 yards and picked off your bullet pass.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Four Games

South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #9 LSU (CPU)
#18 Cal (Nightz) vs. #7 Texas Tech (CPU)
#6 Michigan (KanZolo) vs. Indiana (CPU)
#12 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. #5 Miami (CPU)
#3 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. San Jose State (CPU)
#14 Minnesota (BPH) vs. Northwestern (CPU)
#19 Marshall (Striker) vs. UCF (CPU)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Four Headlines

Michigan Loses In Heartbreaking Fashion To Alabama, But Still In Title Contention
Rutgers Bounces Back And Upsets Ohio State
Texas Tech Assistants Continue To Pick Up Slack, Prepare To Face Cal
Can KanZolo Make History And Win A Heisman For Two Teams?

Rob Scott, HB, South Carolina
31-18 W Against Georgia
33 carries for 190 yards, 3 TD

Rankings

Nevada - #3 Coaches
Michigan - #6 Coaches
Rutgers - #12 Coaches
Minnesota - #14 Coaches
Cal - #18 Coaches
Marshall - #19 Coaches

Cal vs. Texas Tech

WEEK FOUR DEADLINE IS SATURDAY!!!

Just got done with my game. My defense dominated the game. They caused 6 turnovers, 5 fumbles and 1 interception; 3 of the fumbles were returned for TDs. My RB ran for 180yds and 3 TDs.

BigAT

So I tried out the Navy Option offense against Miami tonight, since I actually have the absolute perfect personnel for it, but apparently it gets your players murdered. First I lost my starting fullback for the entire season, then I lost my starting QB for a quarter, then I lost him for the entire game on the first play he returned (even after I chose the "Sit Him" option). Needless to say, I won't be running that again.

BigAT said:
So I tried out the Navy Option offense against Miami tonight, since I actually have the absolute perfect personnel for it, but apparently it gets your players murdered. First I lost my starting fullback for the entire season, then I lost my starting QB for a quarter, then I lost him for the entire game on the first play he returned (even after I chose the "Sit Him" option). Needless to say, I won't be running that again.
Did the offense actually work? I tried using it in NCAA 09 or 10 and it sucked horribly; players blocked the wrong guys, pass out of the option was almost always a sack, etc.

KanZolo said:
Honestly so terrible. Pick in endzone to lose it.
Damn dude I was just joking, didn't honestly think you would lose to the CPU with that team.
Big Papa Husker said:
Just got done with my game. My defense dominated the game. They caused 6 turnovers, 5 fumbles and 1 interception; 3 of the fumbles were returned for TDs. My RB ran for 180yds and 3 TDs.
Yesss my 335 disciple...the force is strong in you. Welcome to the Darkside my friend.

BigAT said:
It was probably because you played Miami. I noticed my players get injured more versus good CPU teams (Alabama, LSU, ARK), probably because their defenders have higher hit power or tackling.

I should start trying random playbooks like that for the challenge. Playing these WAC(K) teams is like Florida vs your local high school JV squad. I probably could have scored close to 140 points if I tried this last game. I honestly have to TRY not to score over 60, stupid EA with no OD conference invites =/

Striker

Finished my game. QB Derek Wilson broke ribs, though he wasn't playing too hot in the first place. Passes were all over the place. And he's suppose to be an accurate QB lol. Out one week. Dunno if I'd miss him facing NEV's defense in two weeks anyway. Probably throw more picks.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Five Games

#22 South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. Vanderbilt (CPU)
#4 Michigan (KanZolo) vs. #11 Michigan State (CPU)
#6 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. West Virginia (CPU)
#3 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. New Mexico State (CPU)
#12 Minnesota (BPH) vs. Wisconsin (CPU)
#17 Marshall (Striker) vs. SMU (CPU)

IDLE: #14 Cal (Nightz)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Five Headlines

FINALLY! The Gamecocks Have Returned To The Top 25!
Rutgers Back In The Top Ten After Defeating Miami
Nevada Debuts At Number Two In First Media Poll Of The Season
Devin Brown Moving Up In Heisman Running Rapidly

Devin Brown, QB, Michigan
31-28 W Against Indiana
21-29 for 406 yards, 5 TD
2 carries for 18 yards

Rankings

Nevada - #3 Coaches, #2 Media
Rutgers - #6 Coaches, #4 Media
Michigan - #4 Coaches, #5 Media