• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Bowl Season Games

AutoZone Liberty Bowl: #16 Marshall (Striker) vs. Arkansas State (CPU)
Outback Bowl: South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #12 Michigan State (CPU)
Capital One Bowl: #13 Minnesota (BPH) vs. #15 LSU (CPU)
Rose Bowl: #4 Michigan (KanZolo) vs. #10 Cal (Nightz)
Tostitos Fiesta Bowl: #3 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. #6 Arkansas (CPU)
BCS National Championship: #1 Texas Tech (Az) vs. #2 Rutgers (BigAT)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Bowl Season Headlines

Here We Go Again: Texas Tech, Rutgers Meet In BCS Title Game For Third Time
SD State, Michigan State, Arkansas Make Their Old Coaches Proud By Qualifying For Bowls
Ole Miss's Stuckey Takes Home The Heisman, First CPU Winner In League History
Commish: League Future Annoucement Coming Tomorrow

2016 Heisman Memorial Trophy Winner

Eric Stuckey, WR, Ole Miss

BOWL SEASON DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY!

GCQuinton

2l8x4so.jpg

COMMISH ANNOUNCES LEAGUE TO SHUT DOWN AFTER SEASON NINE

In 2018, the world ends. The GAF NCAA Football Online Dynasty world, that is.

Commishioner GCQ, in conjunction with the NCAA, announced today that all league play for the "Official" GAF NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty will end at the conclusion of the 2018 season. By setting the end date now, league members will have something to play towards before burning out of the game completely before NCAA Football 12 arrives and the madness starts all over again, according to the commish.

"This was very much a proactive move that I thought was in the best interest of the league and all of its remaining members," said GCQ. "We're deep into spring and two thirds of our cast and crew, all of which are original season 1 members, are still rolling, which in itself is amazing. Letting them know when we're putting the brakes on things allows us to recharge our batteries for NCAA '12, play some other stuff, and just take a break in general. To my knowledge no other league on GAF has even made it to seven seasons, let alone nine. The fact that we're determining our own fate instead of people just gradually dropping out is astounding.

The GAF NCAA Online Dynasty is currently in the bowl season of its seventh season. The start date of season eight is currently undetermined.

Striker

Azwethinkweiz said:
It'd be great in NCAA '12 if Clemson drops to 3 star prestige and then me and GC can play every season.
I wish we could have moved conferences this year.

Right now I'm expecting to pick a team in the Big East or ACC. Assuming AT stays at Rutgers.

GCQuinton

If you were asking me today, I'd likely be coming back to South Carolina. That can easily change over the next few months though so we'll see. I might roll with an Indy (probably Army or Navy) too, and build up (schedule and team wise) as I go along so who knows.

If I did, though, and mik came back (as I expect), that'd be three SEC teams already with MWS joining the party. Not to mention other people possibly coming on. Sheesh.

mik

mik is unbeatable
GCQuinton said:
Tostitos Fiesta Bowl: #3 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. #6 Arkansas (CPU)
Good job, Hogs!

I'll be back for NCAA 12, no question. This was too much fun. (but I may not be back in the SEC. If BYU's prestige has dropped a notch, I'll grab them instead)

Striker

Finished my game. It was windy and snowy, ugly conditions.

That said, it marked HB Randall Cooper's final Marshall game, as he heeds off into the NFL.

Goodbye old friend,

kbvwrd.jpg

I wonder if they expanded it to fit both leagues would we still merge, it seems like many of the guys in the other one aren't too keen on playing with lower rated teams.

Regarding finishing up this season, can we do all of the off-season recruiting tonight?? I really hate stretching that part of it out.

I was suprised to see both ESPN guys went with Rutgers despite them being rated lower and having lower ranked stats.

Rutgers vs Texas Tech BCS Timeline:

1. Rutgers has the superior team!
2. HFA!
3. TBD

GCQuinton

HFA has been turned off since Conference Championship Week, btw. Just sayin'!

MWS Natural said:
Regarding finishing up this season, can we do all of the off-season recruiting tonight?? I really hate stretching that part of it out.

shaq.gif

MWS Natural said:
I was suprised to see both ESPN guys went with Rutgers despite them being rated lower and having lower ranked stats.

Rutgers vs Texas Tech BCS Timeline:

1. Rutgers has the superior team!
2. HFA!
3. TBD

LAG!

Game locked up while we had it paused to get through a patch of bad lag. I just shut off my machine. I don't know if that automatically gives me the loss, but he was winning anyway and someone had to do it.

BigAT

Azwethinkweiz said:
Game locked up while we had it paused to get through a patch of bad lag. I just shut off my machine. I don't know if that automatically gives me the loss, but he was winning anyway and someone had to do it.
Want to try again tomorrow night, same time? It was pretty much unplayable how it was at the end there.

BigAT

I don't have much time for a lengthy recap as I'm running out to meet someone, but that might be the craziest play to end a game I've seen.

Down 10-3, Texas Tech forced a 3 and out forcing a punt that would give them the ball with about a minute left to drive the field for a game tying TD. Then this happened craziness happened. I don't really know how to link to highlights, but check out the video in my story for the game. Note that the final fumble was caused by my punter, Ray Guy award winner Shane Arnold!

Player of the award goes to Brad Parker, who ends his career with an amazing game in which he recorded 3 interceptions (1 user!), all of which occurred inside the 25 yard line and killed promising TTU drives.

GG Az.

Nightz

KanZolo, you around now? We have visitors coming over tonight so I'd like to start as early as possible. Otherwise we might have to wait until tomorrow.

Edit: Visitors are here. I'll post when they leave, but it might be too late.

Damn I was actually rooting for Texas Tech in that one. So that he could get one real BCS Championship before the league ended =(

Edit:

Just saw the highlight, what a shitty way to lose. But 3 INT's in the redzone where really the killer.

MWS Natural said:
Damn I was actually rooting for Texas Tech in that one. So that he could get one real BCS Championship before the league ended =(

Edit:

Just saw the highlight, what a shitty way to lose. But 3 INT's in the redzone where really the killer.

Yeah, the last play really sucked but it wouldn't have come to that if I had taken care of business in the red zone.

Azwethinkweiz said:
Yeah, the last play really sucked but it wouldn't have come to that if I had taken care of business in the red zone.
Yeah well at least you can blame it on the rain this time ;)

Perhaps in NCAA 12 you will be able to overcome the RU curse lol.

GCQuinton

Alright, so assuming the Rose Bowl gets played tonight, is there a day you guys are free to knock out the offseason stuff in one night or do you wanna stretch it out over the weekend?

GCQuinton said:
Alright, so assuming the Rose Bowl gets played tonight, is there a day you guys are free to knock out the offseason stuff in one night or do you wanna stretch it out over the weekend?
Id rather do it over one night.

Striker

All right I'm feeling better lately. Got sick over the past two days and didn't do anything at all.

If the Bowl game is played tonight or today, I am free whenever. As long as we know them out within a few hours. Tomorrow night I'll only have until 10:30 so if we start earlier, that'll be great.

Top Bottom