• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 12 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

MrCWS83

From the sounds of it, I assume we'll be waiting for the patch before we advance to the next year. Hopefully the timing is just right, we could be coming to a close on the first year when the patch becomes available!

GCQuinton

Forgot about the Owl's August 7 post since he didn't mention it in his latest one. I just walked in, so I'll advance now.

Not seeing any advancement from the web options yet, though. But I'll probably keep advancing from the console unless I know I won't be around to do it.

If you guys wanna hold on off on advancing to Season 2 a bit, I'm cool with it. They do say we can do everything up to "Training Results" in the offseason though, so we can just let it sit for a bit after we do recruiting until the update goes live.

And I'm not gonna say any names, but people, you don't have to PM me everytime on XBL to ask about when I'm advancing. I'm usually around when everybody plays their games, so that's when I advance, whenever that is. Just wait!

GCQuinton said:
Forgot about the Owl's August 7 post since he didn't mention it in his latest one. I just walked in, so I'll advance now.

Not seeing any advancement from the web options yet, though. But I'll probably keep advancing from the console unless I know I won't be around to do it.

If you guys wanna hold on off on advancing to Season 2 a bit, I'm cool with it. They do say we can do everything up to "Training Results" in the offseason though, so we can just let it sit for a bit after we do recruiting until the update goes live.

And I'm not gonna say any names, but people, you don't have to PM me everytime on XBL to ask about when I'm advancing. I'm usually around when everybody plays their games, so that's when I advance, whenever that is. Just wait!

Leave him alone Ramirez! ;)

GCQuinton said:

I think you have to buy some add on on xbox live before the web options show up.

MrCWS83

No no, I sent him a message, both on here and XBL, along with Az. Sorry I was just trying to make contact to try and set when we'd play the game since I am not always available!!! Haven't heard back from Az on when to play but I'm available tonight and tomorrow

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week Nine Games

Army (GCQ) vs Ohio
#14 Arizona State (Az) vs Colorado (MrCWS)
Rutgers (BigAT) vs West Virginia
Oregon State (mik) vs #17 Utah 
Ole Miss (Auto KanZolo) vs Auburn
#22 Miss State (storybook77) vs Kentucky (Ramirez)
Pitt (Striker) vs UConn
Minnesota (BPH) vs Iowa
#21 Cal (Nightz) vs UCLA

IDLE: #24 Northern Illinois (TheCrow)

Week Nine Headlines

Arizona State Just Shy Of Top Ten In Year's First BCS Poll
Return Of The Human Games! Two Highlight Week Nine Action
He Just Wins Dammit! Crow Brings Northern Illinois Into Top 25
Ole Miss's Bolden Enters Heisman Race Without The Help Of The Owl

Player of the Week

Manny Abreu, DE, Rutgers
42-7 W Against Louisville
4 tackles, 4 TFL, ATK, 2 sacks

Ranked Teams

Arizona State - #14 Coaches, #12 Media, #12 BCS
Cal - #21 Coaches, #19 Media, #17 BCS
Miss State - #22 Coaches, #18 Media, #19 BCS
Northern Illinois - #24 Coaches, #25 BCS
Kentucky - #24 Media

Game of the Week

Miss State vs Kentucky

WEEK NINE DEADLINE IS THURSDAY!

GG, man. I had a couple big plays help me get a healthy lead and then some luck on defense to finish it off. Didn't feel like I could really pass all that comfortably against you, so I figured I'd try my luck with the running game.

MrCWS83

GG Az. Really took it to me with the zone read option. I haven't seen that executed as well as you did so far. I got down and gave up on running early. I had a few tough breaks but you clearly outplayed me. Good luck to you the rest of the way and I'll be waiting for you next season!

Nightz

SuperSimming this game against UCLA confirms my beliefs that it's meant to screw you over. My QB couldn't complete any passes while the opposing QB seemingly made every third and long. CPU fake punted once and successfully went for it on 4th and long on my side of the field. A million penalties called on my team. Probably would have had better luck the past 2 games if I had just simmed normally. Good thing I'm still using the free 7 day trial for SuperSim, but I'm even debating if I should even try the next game.

MrCWS83

Speaking of faking it on 4th down. When I stopped Az fake field goal in the 1st qtr, that was probably the highlight of the game for me. That's how well it went for me

MrCWS83 said:
Speaking of faking it on 4th down. When I stopped Az fake field goal in the 1st qtr, that was probably the highlight of the game for me. That's how well it went for me

True story: I tried to throw it to the "Y" receiver off the snap....there was no "Y" receiver :(

MrCWS83

Azwethinkweiz said:
True story: I tried to throw it to the "Y" receiver off the snap....there was no "Y" receiver :(
Yeah I hear ya, I was trying to throw that screen pass to the running back and he was jammed up by OL/DL and his symbol wasn't available, I jammed that sucker down a few times and when it appeared I think that resulted in a pick. I dunno there were a few in the game so it isn't clear to me hours later

mik

mik is unbeatable
I feel much better about my life after dominating Utah. A win against a ranked team, computer-controlled or not--is welcome. However, I lost my starting HB for five weeks. :(

mik said:
I feel much better about my life after dominating Utah. A win against a ranked team, computer-controlled or not--is welcome. However, I lost my starting HB for five weeks. :(

Online Dynasty injuries are broken. You'll have him back next week.

Ramirez

storybook77 said:
Leave him alone Ramirez! ;)

Hah, I knew as soon as I read that I would be the number one guess.

I don't suppose you're around to play?

edit: What times are you free at night usually Story? I'll probably be free at like Midnight tomorrow, dunno if that's too late for you.

Ramirez said:
Hah, I knew as soon as I read that I would be the number one guess.

I don't suppose you're around to play?

edit: What times are you free at night usually Story? I'll probably be free at like Midnight tomorrow, dunno if that's too late for you.

I'll make an honest attempt at midnight tonight.

Ramirez

storybook77 said:
I'll make an honest attempt at midnight tonight.

If sometime tomorrow during the day before 3 EST works better, I could swing that. Give me some times on what works best for you, you don't have to stay up til midnight if that's too late for you.

Ramirez said:
If sometime tomorrow during the day before 3 EST works better, I could swing that. Give me some times on what works best for you, you don't have to stay up til midnight if that's too late for you.

Typically anywhere between 6-7pm and 10 to midnight on weekdays. I work from 8-5. Weekends fluctuate depending on what I have going on with family and friends.

I'll try to do midnight tonight though.

Ramirez

storybook77 said:
Typically anywhere between 6-7pm and 10 to midnight on weekdays. I work from 8-5. Weekends fluctuate depending on what I have going on with family and friends.

I'll try to do midnight tonight though.

I can see if my wife will let me play at 10, I get off work around 9:30 usually. So if you can be around earlier, just check the thread, I'll post up my availability.

Ramirez said:
I can see if my wife will let me play at 10, I get off work around 9:30 usually. So if you can be around earlier, just check the thread, I'll post up my availability.
Depends on my wife as well. lol

GCQuinton

Azwethinkweiz said:
Yeah I dunno if taking army was the best decision, haha.

Crazy thing is my defense has been keeping me in games. Aside from my human games our strength of schedule is at or slightly above our team's talent level so it's not like I'm getting killed. I even hung with Notre Dame till the 4th quarter (or not looking at the box score, but it felt like it!). It just sucks that my only player on offense that can really do anything is my HB, and even on Ohio's 2 yard line for the game win my line couldn't do jack to give him space.

You guys talk about getting shitty 3* WRs, but the one I did get lucky enough to nab is gonna be a team savior!

Ramirez

GG Story, my offense couldn't get anything going.

So since my next opponent is Zolo, does that mean I play the cpu at the next advance?

Ramirez said:
GG Story, my offense couldn't get anything going.

So since my next opponent is Zolo, does that mean I play the cpu at the next advance?

Typical SEC football, that horrible throw on the rollout killed any chance I had.

Striker

Feel free to advance. I finished vs. UCONN a little bit ago. Struggled earlier, couldn't run well, and my OL couldn't pass protect. Felt like Jay Cutler out there.

I was able to throw 3 TD's in the second half and pick off the Husky QB 3 times to secure the win. Next game vs. Cincinnati will be a big game for the Big East.

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week Ten Games

Army (GCQ) vs Air Force
#14 Arizona State vs UCLA
Colorado (MrCWS) vs USC
Rutgers (BigAT) vs USF
Oregon State (mik) vs #9 Stanford
Ole Miss (Auto KanZolo) vs #23 Kentucky (Ramirez)
Miss State (storybook77) vs Wake Forest
#19 Northern Illinois (TheCrow) vs Toledo
Pitt (Striker) #22 Cincinnati
Minnesota (BPH) vs Michigan State
Cal (Nightz) vs Washington State

Week Ten Headlines

Commish Advances Before Leaving Home, So League Can Waste Time At Work Recruiting
Army Fails To Score On The 1 Yard Line, Loses To Ohio
Minnesota Edges Iowa In Overtime
Ramirez Prepares For The Wrath Of Auto Owl
Isi Sofele Climbing Again In Heisman Race

Player of the Week

Keanon Cooper, ROLB, Minnesota
44-37 W Against Iowa
3 tackles, ATK, FF, FR

Ranked Teams

Arizona State - #14 Coaches, #14 Media, #12 BCS
Northern Illinois - #19 Coaches, #22 Media, #22 BCS
Kentucky - #23 Coaches, #18 Media, #18 BCS
Miss State - #24 Media, #14 BCS

Game of the Week

Ole Miss vs Kentucky

WEEK TEN DEADLINE IS FRIDAY!

GCQuinton

Striker said:
EA servers crashing as I'm attempting to recruit. I hope I don't lose mins from those.

Yeah, looks like they're working on some stuff so I'm just gonna hold off till later today.

Slightly related, look what just popped up on the website for me...

fy3cs8.jpg

BigAT

Can we kick out the CPU? They just got a user catch against me. Yep, it actually came up as a user catch on screen. It got even weirder as the play was overturned eventually, as the player was knocked out of bounds.

Striker

Don't think I'll ever have a good defensively called game as I did vs. Cincinnati.

Zach Collaros had 4 completions and just 30 yards, picked him off 3 times, and sacked him 5 times.

Nightz

Guess the website's still not working for recruiting. Anyways, I'll just recruit later and you can sim my game against the CPU. SuperSim sucks.

I think my next game is against a human opponent. I'll be coming home late tomorrow night/early Saturday morning so I might have some time on Saturday to play before I go out of town again on Sunday.

GCQuinton

Nightz said:
Guess the website's still not working for recruiting. Anyways, I'll just recruit later and you can sim my game against the CPU. SuperSim sucks.

Did my recruiting a few hours ago from the web just fine. Don't know what's going on there today.

Ramirez

Man, I had an amazing game stats wise against Ole Miss, but my router reset, d/c me and the game ended up not counting even though I connected back ASAP. :( It was in a blizzard and I had like 8 sacks, 4 FFs, lol.

I still won the 2nd game, but the cpu was in god mode for the first quarter, was down by two scores within like 3-4 minutes. Looks like I'll have nothing but cpu games from here on out this season, boo. :p

Striker

They have those games where even backups play like Joe Montana and their WR's catch passes within a 2-deep Safety zone in double coverage, and their CB's play like Deion Sanders and Darrell Green in their prime.

Striker said:
They have those games where even backups play like Joe Montana and their WR's catch passes within a 2-deep Safety zone in double coverage, and their CB's play like Deion Sanders and Darrell Green in their prime.

It doesn't help that tendencies are broken so players tendencies go against their actual ratings.

MrCWS83

Man I just experienced an all time kick in the nuts. USC came back and beat me 21-17. My offense was inept yet again. I'm down 14-10 in the 4th qtr and my SS Anthony Perkins picked off his second pass of the game, returns this one 107 yards for a TD. Marc Tyler of USC was too much to handle and barreled his way in for the go ahead TD. Returned the kickoff for a TD only to be called back by holding which seems to be the case anytime I get a decent return led alone my first TD. Damn

Nightz

Azwethinkweiz said:
Did Nightz fix his xbox360 yet? We have a date with destiny soon.
I'm still doing some training out of town until next Friday. Going home late tonight and I'll probably go to Best Buy to switch out my 360 for a new one tomorrow. Heading back out Sunday morning and I'll be back next Friday night.

Top Bottom