• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 12 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

mik said:
LOL, nice.

I won 24-6. I'll probably lose when I replay it tonight. Because EA loves to fuck me dead.
Done yet? ;)

SonicTap.gif

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week Thirteen Games

#6 Arizona State (Az) vs Cal (Auto Nightz)
Colorado (MrCWS) vs #20 Utah
#23 Rutgers vs UConn
Oregon State (mik) vs #22 Oregon
Ole Miss (KanZolo) vs Miss State (storybook77)
#10 Northern Illinois (TheCrow) vs Eastern Michigan
Pitt (Striker) vs #24 West Virginia
#19 Minnesota (BPH) vs Illinois
#17 Kentucky (Ramirez) vs Tennessee

IDLE: Army (GCQ)

Week Thirteen Headlines

Human Games Return! Two Highlight Week 13 Action
Colorado Becomes Bowl Eligible, Edging UCLA 21-19
2011 Award Finalists Announced
Despite Season Performance, Cal Still Leads League In Recruiting

Player of the Week

Ryan McCants, HB, Oregon State
35-18 W Against Washington
25 carries for 134 yards, 3 TD

Ranked Teams

Arizona State - #6 Coaches, #6 Media, #6 BCS
Northern Illinois - #10 Coaches, #13 Media, #11 BCS
Kentucky - #17 Coaches, #14 Media, #14 BCS
Minnesota - #19 Coaches, #18 Media, #18 BCS
Rutgers - #23 Coaches, #24 Media, #22 BCS

Game of the Week

Ole Miss vs Miss State

WEEK THIRTEEN DEADLINE IS FRIDAY!

Ramirez said:
Sucks that Nightz can't play Az, might have upset his season!

The loss would've sucked, and Nightz always plays me close, but I've already clinched my division and since I already have a loss I doubt I would've gone to the national championship anyway.

BigAT

God, I can't believe I lost out on that HB recruit to you Striker. That one stings, I thought I had him locked up. He would have been my first 4-star recruit too.

I just had an absolutely miserable game against UConn. At Connecticut in the snow and I couldn't complete a pass attempt to save my life. I had a receiver slip and fall down in the snow on me twice after the ball was already in the air on the way to him. I ended up 5-16 with 2 INTs. I said fuck it and did nothing but run the ball after I was losing at halftime. The final score doesn't really tell the tale as I was only up by 1 and barely hanging on with two minutes left.

Done. I lost both my starting QB and RB early in the 3rd quarter and I had to play conservative after the backup QB threw 2 horrible INTs. Gotta love it when a WR is WIDE open and the QB throws it to the opposite side of the field I'm leading the ball to.

Nightz

Things could have been different and it may have been a meaningful game if I didn't have to go out of town. I was 5-1 when I left, now I'm 5-6, 4 of those losses were to the CPU. Next season my friend!

MrCWS83

Something got into the Buffaloes. We put 52 on Utah. Looks like I've improved my bowl destination

Vegas here we come

Ramirez

Azwethinkweiz said:
The loss would've sucked, and Nightz always plays me close, but I've already clinched my division and since I already have a loss I doubt I would've gone to the national championship anyway.

Yea, I actually didn't know you had lost, every time I checked the story board you were always winning by like 30, lol.

So, I'm not exactly a BCS expert, if I beat Alabama in the SEC Championship, I automatically get put into one of the 4 major bowls right?

BigAT said:
God, I can't believe I lost out on that HB recruit to you. That one stings, I thought I had him locked up. He would have been my first 4-star recruit too.

I just had an absolutely miserable game against UConn. At Connecticut in the snow and I couldn't complete a pass attempt to save my life. I had a receiver slip and fall down in the snow on me twice after the ball was already in the air on the way to him. I ended up 5-16 with 2 INTs. I said fuck it and did nothing but run the ball after I was losing at halftime. The final score doesn't really tell the tale as I was only up by 1 and barely hanging on with two minutes left.

Me? I didn't think we were both in contention for anyone.

Ramirez said:
So, I'm not exactly a BCS expert, if I beat Alabama in the SEC Championship, I automatically get put into one of the 4 major bowls right?

Yup, all the big conferences get an automatic bid for the conference champion.

Ramirez

Well, with no HFA, I think I can beat Alabama, would be sweet to win a major bowl in the first year. Currently projected in the Capital One Bowl, no thanks bros.

Also don't get why the Coaches still rank Florida ahead of me, I destroyed them, and they have one more loss than me, does not compute.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Overcame some really stupid mistakes and the loss of my starting tailback to set up a rematch with the Sun Devils in the PAC-12 Championship game. Woot.

Striker

BigAT said:
God, I can't believe I lost out on that HB recruit to you Striker. That one stings, I thought I had him locked up. He would have been my first 4-star recruit too.
You're getting the CB's I want, and I am getting the HB's you want. :(

I'll have my top three CB's leaving via graduation and I currently have just one coming in, who is a 2* and admittedly want to redshirt. Pass-defense doomed.

mik said:
Overcame some really stupid mistakes and the loss of my starting tailback to set up a rematch with the Sun Devils in the PAC-12 Championship game. Woot.
The winner will probably be playing me if I can get through Ohio St/Michigan in the Big Ten Championship game.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Big Papa Husker said:
The winner will probably be playing me if I can get through Ohio St/Michigan in the Big Ten Championship game.
Yep--I looked last night and the game was predicting you and ASU in the Rose Bowl.

TheCrow

Recruiting as a 2 star school is rough. But if I can stay as the top school for that one 5 star HB and get him to commit I'll be so happy. :D

Striker

TheCrow said:
Recruiting as a 2 star school is rough. But if I can stay as the top school for that one 5 star HB and get him to commit I'll be so happy. :D
It is. It took me a few years to get a higher school and get in constant 4* guys (never attracted 5). Maybe you can opt to move to the Big 10. ;)

MrCWS83

Big Papa Husker said:
Come on BPH, Michigan is in the Legends division with you and our Huskers. You'll be playing the Leaders division champion, Ohio State. Figure your life out

Ramirez

TheCrow said:

lol, I got the "take 200 points away from one school" achievement or w/e off of you. :p

TheCrow

Ramirez said:
lol, I got the "take 200 points away from one school" achievement or w/e off of you. :p
I was wondering who else offered him a scholarship. :) Guess I'll have to start spending more than 10 minutes on his calls. Just checked and his #2 school is more than 30% behind me so I think I'll still be fine. I hope. :(

Striker

Jesus that game vs. WVU was intense. We went into OT after WVU were able to call 3 consecutive timeouts, somehow, and my idiot K can't make anything past 45 unless he has wind help, misses it. I missed so many open WR's that game too. I would be 5-6 passing and once I throw my first bad pass, QB goes into blue which scares me considering his accuracy at times.

Thankfully Graham and my run blockers saved my ass. Also my DT had 4.0 sacks in this game pushing his season total to 11.0 on the year. He was never in the Lombardi Trophy nominations and they are already in Finalist mode so he has no chance. Just need to hope he stays at Pitt and doesn't elect to go pro. :(

Ramirez

TheCrow said:
I was wondering who else offered him a scholarship. :) Guess I'll have to start spending more than 10 minutes on his calls. Just checked and his #2 school is more than 30% behind me so I think I'll still be fine. I hope. :(

Which player is this? I recall me and you going after the same player, but you were a very distant 2nd and he was almost maxed interest for me, I don't think I'm going after the one you're talking about.

I'm still pretty new to this whole recruiting thing in the game, I never play Dynasty offline, so last years game was the first time I had done it, and recruiting with FSU is night and day compared to UK. I stupidly didn't even go after any 4-5 stars because I figured they wouldn't give me the time of day. Lesson learned for next year, but I should get some pretty decent rating bumps anyways...

Mine and Crow's guy are 1 & 2 for the Lombardi trophy I believe, I took the sack lead again last night in my game, hoping it pushes me up to number 1. :p

I was checking stats last night, and was shocked to see I was number 2 in the league in passing yards. (unless I missed someone besides Cal, and I'd probably be ahead of him since he probably got most of those yards in the sims :p)

TheCrow

Ramirez said:
Which player is this? I recall me and you going after the same player, but you were a very distant 2nd and he was almost maxed interest for me, I don't think I'm going after the one you're talking about.

Mine and Crow's guy are 1 & 2 for the Lombardi trophy I believe, I took the sack lead again last night in my game, hoping it pushes me up to number 1. :p
I think I gave up on the player that was pretty much yours, I'm was talking about a 5 star RB (Ed Fontaine). Someone gave him a scholarship and the team isn't in his top 10 so I thought it was someone else from the league.

So I guess players can't contend for trophies unless they were nominated earlier. That explains why my DE that led the NCAA in sacks didn't get a trophy in the other league. :(

Ramirez

TheCrow said:
I think I gave up on the player that was pretty much yours, I'm was talking about a 5 star RB (Ed Fontaine). Someone gave him a scholarship and the team isn't in his top 10 so I thought it was someone else from the league.

So I guess players can't contend for trophies unless they were nominated earlier. That explains why my DE that led the NCAA in sacks didn't get a trophy in the other league. :(

Oh yea, wasn't me, like I said, I didn't even look at any 5 stars. :(

mik

mik is unbeatable
Those player awards are horseshit. My TE isn't even listed among those in consideration for the best TE award--even though his stats crush the rest of the field.

MrCWS83 said:
Come on BPH, Michigan is in the Legends division with you and our Huskers. You'll be playing the Leaders division champion, Ohio State. Figure your life out
Whoops... LOL.

So how many people are left to play? ;)

Ramirez

BigAT said:
First place in the Heisman race: Jeremy Deering, HB - Rutgers.

My HB's stats are pretty close to yours, what makes your guy so special? I'm guessing less attempts and maybe a few more TDs without directly comparing them.
Games left:

Is it pretty normal for this league to not communicate much in the thread? I hardly ever see zolo post (even excluding the vacation week). :p

KanZolo

Ramirez said:
My HB's stats are pretty close to yours, what makes your guy so special? I'm guessing less attempts and maybe a few more TDs without directly comparing them.
Games left:

Is it pretty normal for this league to not communicate much in the thread? I hardly ever see zolo post (even excluding the vacation week). :p
Mind yo damn bidniss

KanZolo

Ramirez said:
lol, you're one of "those" internet guys, nvm.
and youre one of "those" jr commish types. I know I still have my game to be played, don't need your reminders. Especially since the commish already does his games left post.

Ramirez

KanZolo said:
and youre one of "those" jr commish types. I know I still have my game to be played, don't need your reminders. Especially since the commish already does his games left post.

I wasn't reminding anyone, BPH asked what games were left, I looked and posted them.

I then asked a question, to which you replied with a stupid comment. I don't think it's too far out to ask if people have a time setup to play, I didn't know something so simple could offend someone.

KanZolo

Ramirez said:
Is it pretty normal for this league to not communicate much in the thread?
As you noticed this league has less posting than The Other League. Mostly due to the personalties involved (ie. not as much shit talking). This bothers some but we played more games in the end.
Ramirez said:
I hardly ever see zolo post (even excluding the vacation week).
I have been pretty busy lately. Working on new house, working 2nd job, getting ready for vaca, being on vaca for 9 days. Plus, Owls are solitaire animals- so for the most part I keep to myself .
Ramirez said:
Have you set up a time with Story?
I PM'ed him after I got home but have not heard back so, no, there is no timetable for the game.
Ramirez said:
I wasn't reminding anyone, BPH asked what games were left, I looked and posted them.
Don't pay no mind to BPH. He thinks its funny to ask about what games are left everyday. He does this to make up for his lack of skill in NCAA.

KanZolo

MrCWS83 said:
Hey KanZolo, I was wondering what you had for lunch today?
Just stirring the pot
I had a ham/salami sandwich with honey mustard on whole wheat bread. I also had a granny smith apple, some strawberries, and cherry yogurt. Thanks for your interest!

Top Bottom