• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 12 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

Ramirez

MrCWS83 said:
CWS ALERT!!!When are you planning on doing that? Gotta keep updated on the realignment of everything you know...even our dynasty has people threatening to jump ship! :O

And I thought you were just saying how this game was so great the other day. How things change so quickly in this world

I like the game, but it's been sitting unused for about 3 weeks now, and even when EA says they fix something, they don't really fix it. If I can get Gears 3 for half price, might as well do it. :p

I'll give them til the end of this week for the patch to hit before I go through with it.

Nightz

Think I'm with Ram on this one. I love the league, but with all the games coming out and not having touched NCAA in over a month, the itch to trade it in is strong.

Ramirez said:
I'll give them til the end of this week for the patch to hit before I go through with it.
If they even mention anything about a release date this week, I'll stick around lol.

Also, I don't really care about waiting for the patch to fix the player tendencies. They're all going to be gone after a couple of seasons anyway.

Ramirez

Nightz said:
Think I'm with Ram on this one. I love the league, but with all the games coming out and not having touched NCAA in over a month, the itch to trade it in is strong.

If they even mention anything about a release date this week, I'll stick around lol.

Also, I don't really care about waiting for the patch to fix the player tendencies. They're all going to be gone after a couple of seasons anyway.

Yea, if they would just give us another update that would be nice.

MrCWS83

Well Dan Beebe...I mean GCQuinton, sounds like we have the disastorous Big 12 on our hands here with multiple itches to trade the game in. I don't play any of these other games, just sports games, I asked BPH what Gears 3 was. Should we revisit the idea of a deadline for the patch to move forward since people are getting antsy in their pants?

GCQuinton

Alright, folks. In light of yesterday coming and going without patch news, people hinting at leaving A&M style and so on, here's what we're gonna do....

I'm gonna get on tomorrow morning and check for a patch. Whether it's there or not, we're pressing ahead and continuing on with the dynasty. So be prepared to cut your players tomorrow, because we're starting back up. Some people are threatening to pull out, but they've got a point. This is ridiculous.

Hopefully the game uploading issue is only tied to the bowls and it's fixed by the time we get back to that point.

And CWS, you're on NeoGAF and don't know what Gears 3 is???

tumblr_ln6brzV4Rq1qcpqfb.gif

Ramirez

GCQuinton said:
Alright, folks. In light of yesterday coming and going without patch news, people hinting at leaving A&M style and so on, here's what we're gonna do....

I'm gonna get on tomorrow morning and check for a patch. Whether it's there or not, we're pressing ahead and continuing on with the dynasty. So be prepared to cut your players tomorrow, because we're starting back up. Some people are threatening to pull out, but they've got a point. This is ridiculous.

Hopefully the game uploading issue is only tied to the bowls and it's fixed by the time we get back to that point.

And CWS, you're on NeoGAF and don't know what Gears 3 is???

[IM]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln6brzV4Rq1qcpqfb.gif[/IMG]

spongebob.jpg

mik

mik is unbeatable
Title update #2 is now available!

but only for the PS3 so far. Fuck a pot noodle.

MrCWS83

So yeah after your decision to move forward the patch comes out on PS3...so what now? Yep I didn't know what Gears 3 was, shoot me. This is the only GAF thread I'm on. I'm no good at those shooting games like CoD. Played that sparingly at the fire station sometimes but I'm strictly sports games pretty much.

BigAT

@pastapadre Bryan Wiedey
The patch for NCAA Football 12 is out on the PS3. Sounds like problems with no-huddle and the custom playbooks have already been encountered

BigAT said:
@pastapadre Bryan Wiedey
The patch for NCAA Football 12 is out on the PS3. Sounds like problems with no-huddle and the custom playbooks have already been encountered
Jesus! Really EA? Not that I expected any less.

Ramirez

One thing fixed, another 10 things broken, woooooo!

So what exactly are the no huddle problems? That's potentially game breaking if you can't run no huddle properly for end of half/game situations...

TheCrow

It was fun (kinda) guys but I'm done. I'll see some of you in Madden. Hope you guys have a good time in the league. If only the NCAA dev team didn't hold us back. :(

MrCWS83

No huddle has been cheese after getting a first down. The ball would be spotted and the game and play clock wouldn't start until the QB or everybody offensively would get to the line. Bugged me so I hope this is addressed. Time for some football finally

BigAT said:
@pastapadre Bryan Wiedey

Is that AND as in the problem with no huddle is only with the custom playbooks or is it AND as in two separate problems.

BigAT

storybook77 said:
Is that AND as in the problem with no huddle is only with the custom playbooks or is it AND as in two separate problems.
Sounds like separate ones. I don't really care about custom playbooks and I'm not sure what the no-huddle problem is exactly.

GCQuinton

Alright guys, headed on now to advance so we'll be at the cutting players phase shortly.

If you wanna drop from the league, PLEASE DO SO NOW. I'm already contacting people on the wait list to fill Crow's spot, but if that and the other possible slots aren't filled by the time we finish off-season stuff we just move on with what we have.

Nobody here uses custom playbooks (I think), so I think the no huddle thing would be the only issue. From what I've read about it, your players just form a pile or something when you try to call the play instead of getting back on the line. Don't hold me to that, though.

GCQuinton said:
Nobody here uses custom playbooks (I think), so I think the no huddle thing would be the only issue. From what I've read about it, your players just form a pile or something when you try to call the play instead of getting back on the line. Don't hold me to that, though.

Are there cheerleaders involved?

I'm still in, problems be damned!

GCQuinton

Nightz said:
Can I take Crow's team? XD

Nope, you're still stuck in Idaho!

And here's a dedicated thread on OS for it. It's not players piling (don't know where I got that from), but it still sounds bad. In the meantime, manage your clocks better!

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/508741-no-huddle-messed-up.html

Now with video! After watching it, this doesn't seem as bad as people are hyping it up to be, but it's still bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hdUFYlFMRTc

GCQuinton

Alright folks. Cut your players! Deadline's tonight at 11 EST.

And after looking at the conference realignment stuff already planned, along with what's currently going on, I've decided I'm keeping teams where they're at for this coming season. If I start moving schools around now, a lot of conferences are going to be off because there's nobody to replace the leaving members with since a good part of them are FCS teams not in the dynasty already. And with the SEC/Big 12/Pac-12 thing, I wanna see how that completely shakes out before I move anybody.

MrCWS83

Not sure how many guys I have on my roster. Can I cut players online? I'm at the fire station today until 7 am tomorrow morning so.......??? I could get cuts done ASAP in the morning

MrCWS83 said:
Not sure how many guys I have on my roster. Can I cut players online? I'm at the fire station today until 7 am tomorrow morning so.......??? I could get cuts done ASAP in the morning

You cannot do it online.

GCQuinton

If it's not in/off-season recruiting or Supersim, you can't do it online. Feels like we've covered that before.

Anywho, I'll move the cutting players deadline to noon ET tomorrow so everyone can get it done.

BigAT

No, it's cool NCAA. I really didn't want to save my cuts at all, thanks for hard locking my system.

6130444216_a0f70c5810_b.jpg

Player tendency: "INVALID!" with player position "ERROR".

BigAT

Nightz said:
Wait...that guy is 5'5", 160 lbs...and he's playing DT. No wonder he's invalid LOL.
And from Adamsville, AL even though no one on the screen has Alabama as their home state.

BigAT

I'm not looking to pile more onto the shit heap, but it looks like cutting players is broken again this year. I got down to 70, then exited back to the dash and re-entered the dynasty (since this was broken in last year's version, I wanted to test it) and when I opened up my roster I was at 79/70. I tried a few more times just to make sure and every time I went back into the dynasty I had 79 players on my roster again.

Looks like I've got to hope for the best with automatic CPU cuts, unless anyone has any ideas.

Top Bottom