• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 12 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

GCQuinton

FrenchMovieTheme said:
oh :/

can i pick my team yet? :D

BPH just finished his game and mik's playing now, so we'll be advancing tomorrow morning. I'll send the invite out then.

I may go ahead and keep us at 11 for now, though. I can still give everyone four human games so it's not as big a deal on the scheduling side.

Question to everybody, though. How would you guys feeling about starting to shift some of the conferences around? I know nothing's completely settled yet, but it's looking like it's never going to be so waiting around would be kinda pointless. Or we could just keep our alternate universe "everybody stays" thing going. Let me know!

I just got done... Other than a 65 yd bomb on the second play of the game, I shut them DOWN. My first drive was a 3 and out and my punt went out of bounds at the 1. Next play, they run an option and my guy hits the QB but just bumps him backwards. Anyway, my LB is about to hit him, so he pitches it to his RB that is out of bounds in the back of the endzone... LOL! It's pretty funny. I saved it to my highlights. I just pounded the ball and mixed in a few passes on 3rd down.

The Minnesota Golden Gophers are the Rose Bowl Champions!

#13 Minnesota 37
#4 Notre Dame 7

You know... I'd be fine with our alternate "stay the same" universe. Who knows if there are some glitches or bugs that are introduced when you start flipping teams around.

GCQuinton said:
BPH just finished his game and mik's playing now, so we'll be advancing tomorrow morning. I'll send the invite out then.

I may go ahead and keep us at 11 for now, though. I can still give everyone four human games so it's not as big a deal on the scheduling side.

Question to everybody, though. How would you guys feeling about starting to shift some of the conferences around? I know nothing's completely settled yet, but it's looking like it's never going to be so waiting around would be kinda pointless. Or we could just keep our alternate universe "everybody stays" thing going. Let me know!

put me in the toughest conference..... i want a piece of bigAT!

GCQuinton

FrenchMovieTheme said:
put me in the toughest conference..... i want a piece of bigAT!

This may or may not be in the OP (be sure to read that, btw!), but I did mention it somewhere in this thread: you've got to be with your team for at least two seasons before coming to me about moving them anywhere. So if you wanna roll with BigAT in the Big East, that's your only choice :\

Striker, give me a solid yes or no if you want to move and I've move Pitt and Syracuse to the ACC. If you do, defacto Big East commish powers go to AT and I'll let him choose the replacement schools.

GCQuinton said:
This may or may not be in the OP (be sure to read that, btw!), but I did mention it somewhere in this thread: you've got to be with your team for at least two seasons before coming to me about moving them anywhere. So if you wanna roll with BigAT in the Big East, that's your only choice :\

Striker, give me a solid yes or no if you want to move and I've move Pitt and Syracuse to the ACC. If you do, defacto Big East commish powers go to AT and I'll let him choose the replacement schools.

Are you inviting FMT before or after the coaching carousel?

GCQuinton

We're officially in coaching carousel, and FMT, the invite's been sent.

To speed this up compared to how we did it last year, let me know if you're interested in doing it or just wanna stay with your team in this thread or via PM.

BPH, you're up!

GCQuinton said:
We're officially in coaching carousel, and FMT, the invite's been sent.

To speed this up compared to how we did it last year, let me know if you're interested in doing it or just wanna stay with your team in this thread or via PM.

BPH, you're up!
At work right now. I will jump on when I get home - should be around 5:30-6:00.

GCQuinton

Big Papa Husker said:
At work right now. I will jump on when I get home - should be around 5:30-6:00.

If you want to stay with Minnesota, just let me know. Otherwise, I'll wait and you can roll the dice on the carousel.

MrCWS83

I'm at work today and if cc makes it to me today I'll pass on anything coming my way. I don't see anybody wanting me.

Time to get things back in order here at Colorado. We've won Big 8 titles, the Big 12, a national championship. Now it's time to win the Pac 12 conference. We're Colorado football, accustomed to winning and we're going to do it the right way.

GCQuinton

Azwethinkweiz said:
GC go see if Clemson fired their HC.

Won't know that till your turn comes up. But you probably would have had a better shot at that if you created a coach and made Clemson your alma mater.

GCQuinton said:
Won't know that till your turn comes up. But you probably would have had a better shot at that if you created a coach and made Clemson your alma mater.

I did not. I used ASUs coach already. I thought anyone could log into the coaching carousel in any order. I was able to do it last season.

GCQuinton

Azwethinkweiz said:
I did not. I used ASUs coach already. I thought anyone could log into the coaching carousel in any order. I was able to do it last season.

You can, but until your school comes up I can't see what offers you'll get.

GCQuinton said:
You can, but until your school comes up I can't see what offers you'll get.

I may just really not understand how it works, but say for instance BPH is second on the list for a coaching job and I'm first. If I decline the job offer then he can accept it, but if he's first in the coaching carousel to choose, how is he supposed to know? That's why I figure, in theory anyway, that there's no order to doing it. Maybe I'm wrong.

GCQuinton

Azwethinkweiz said:
I may just really not understand how it works, but say for instance BPH is second on the list for a coaching job and I'm first. If I decline the job offer then he can accept it, but if he's first in the coaching carousel to choose, how is he supposed to know? That's why I figure, in theory anyway, that there's no order to doing it. Maybe I'm wrong.

In that situation, I think you'd be up first to accept or decline it since you were first on their list for that job. If you decline it, it would then go to BPH for him to accept or decline.

Nightz got fired in season one, but until his turn came up I couldn't see what schools were going to offer him anything. He turned down the only HC offer he got thinking a better one would come up if he went around again, and we all saw what happened.

GCQuinton said:
In that situation, I think you'd be up first to accept or decline it since you were first on their list for that job. If you decline it, it would then go to BPH for him to accept or decline.

Nightz got fired in season one, but until his turn came up I couldn't see what schools were going to offer him anything. He turned down the only HC offer he got thinking a better one would come up if he went around again, and we all saw what happened.

Gotcha, I just think it doesn't make very much sense as a linear process.

GCQuinton

Big Papa Husker said:
What offers do I have? I'm just interested...

Don't see any other offers right now for you, just to re-sign with Minnesota. You can decline that contract and take a chance on something else popping up after everyone else has been around, but again, as Nightz learned it may not be what you want.

GCQuinton said:
Don't see any other offers right now for you, just to re-sign with Minnesota. You can decline that contract and take a chance on something else popping up after everyone else has been around, but again, as Nightz learned it may not be what you want.
So if you advance, does it accept the contract extension or do I have to log onto my 360 to do it? If you can accept the extension, you can do it and then move on.

GCQuinton

Big Papa Husker said:
So if you advance, does it accept the contract extension or do I have to log onto my 360 to do it? If you can accept the extension, you can do it and then move on.

I just forced it, so yeah, it just shows as you accepting the contract extension.

mik, you're up! You wanna stay at Oregon State, or do you feel like turning around Rice or San Jose State as HC because those are your offers!

MrCWS83

GCQuinton said:
If we waited another season things might become a little more settled. If you're concerned scheduling might get messed up by raiding the Big East, you could consider moving some MAC or Sun Belt teams to the Big East to balance the Syracuse, Pitt losses for the time being and if the Big East eventually officially adds Houston, SMU, UCF, East Carolina, Boise, Air Force, Navy, ect. to get to 12 then you could make it have a title game like it may if it doesn't completely implode

Otherwise, as for the new additions to the ACC, Texas A&M to the SEC (west) and TCU to the Big 12, I'd be for that. Just for the sake of realism but doesn't matter much to me. Not suggesting to make any of the speculated moves until it's official but my suggestion of the MAC/Sun Belt is just to beef up the Big East if AT wants to remain in the dying conference. It's on life support and might have to pull the plug!

GCQuinton said:
mik, you're up! You wanna stay at Oregon State, or do you feel like turning around Rice or San Jose State as HC because those are your offers!
That's a kick in the pants for 2 consecutive BCS bowls, c'mon coaching carousel, you can do better than that!

Nightz

GCQ, if I get head coaching offers, but don't like them (like if they're from a 1-star school), can I still choose to go with a 2-star school?

GCQuinton

MrCWS83 said:
If we waited another season things might become a little more settled. If you're concerned scheduling might get messed up by raiding the Big East, you could consider moving some MAC or Sun Belt teams to the Big East to balance the Syracuse, Pitt losses for the time being and if the Big East eventually officially adds Houston, SMU, UCF, East Carolina, Boise, Air Force, Navy, ect. to get to 12 then you could make it have a title game like it may if it doesn't completely implode

Otherwise, as for the new additions to the ACC, Texas A&M to the SEC (west) and TCU to the Big 12, I'd be for that. Just for the sake of realism but doesn't matter much to me. Not suggesting to make any of the speculated moves until it's official but my suggestion of the MAC/Sun Belt is just to beef up the Big East if AT wants to remain in the dying conference. It's on life support and might have to pull the plug!

I'm not concerned with matching everything exactly like it is in real life, but there's enough to play with and still have stuff balanced. Right now, here's what I'm considering:

Pitt (Striker) and Syracuse to the ACC - If Striker nixes this then the Big East Stays put.

Two schools to replace Pitt and Syracuse in the Big East, completely of BigAT's choosing (whether it's happening in real life or not, as long as it makes some kinda regional sense).

Missouri and Texas A&M to the SEC

TCU and BYU to the Big 12

Nightz said:
GCQ, if I get head coaching offers, but don't like them (like if they're from a 1-star school), can I still choose to go with a 2-star school?

If you get any kind of head coaching offer in the carousel, that's what you get. The drop-add offer only applies if you don't get an offer.

mik

mik is unbeatable
MrCWS83 said:
That's a kick in the pants for 2 consecutive BCS bowls, c'mon coaching carousel, you can do better than that!
No shit. Come on, BYU--make me a goddamn offer, already. I'll pretend to be Mormon, for Christ's* sake.

Guess I'm a Beaver for life, GC.

*Joseph Smith's

MrCWS83

Azwethinkweiz said:
AT took the Nebraska job?

I thought he was Rutgers for lyfe!
Wow, BPH probably just shit his pants!!! Fear (no more Big Ten dominance) and anger (missing out on his dream job, mine too).

Now if this is true, who might get the Rutgers job out of this group? Definitely something to consider if someone becomes a candidate. I'm glad Nebraska got rid of Bo and got someone with their shit together. Win some titles there. AT must have felt the heat of the Big East crumbling and found stability with NU and the Big Ten.

I'd be happy if Bo left Lincoln in the near future for real!

a238ea1eee690716220761e63dd9_grande.jpg

"We had to make a tough decision in moving forward with our program. This hire will hopefully set us up for a successful run for years to come."

GCQuinton said:
Right now, here's what I'm considering:

Pitt (Striker) and Syracuse to the ACC - If Striker nixes this then the Big East Stays put.

Missouri and Texas A&M to the SEC

TCU and BYU to the Big 12
Cool

MrCWS83 said:
Wow, BPH probably just shit his pants!!! Fear (no more Big Ten dominance) and anger (missing out on his dream job, mine too).

Now if this is true, who might get the Rutgers job out of this group? Definitely something to consider if someone becomes a candidate. I'm glad Nebraska got rid of Bo and got someone with their shit together. Win some titles there. AT must have felt the heat of the Big East crumbling and found stability with NU and the Big Ten.

I'd be happy if Bo left Lincoln in the near future for real!

Rutgers already hired someone else. According to what I see on the league page.

MrCWS83

GCQuinton said:
Nah that was an error on my part when I advanced to the carousel. He'll be back with Rutgers after we advance!
Bullshit. Who's going to bring the Cornhuskers back to prominence?
Atleast Tom's in charge and not Steve Pederson. That dumb fuck really stuck it to us with the Callahan hire

Striker

Yup, GC, it's completely fine to move myself and Syracuse to the ACC. I won't mind facing new blood.

I have to go to the grocery store now, but I will be home in a bit to hop online and see any coaching changes or moves.

BigAT

I seem to remember reading somewhere when the game was first released that conference prestige is a static ranking and unaffected by moving teams around. I wonder if that is the case.

GCQuinton

In the interest of speeding things up, after the Owl gets on and picks, and immediately for every person after him going forward, unless I see someone getting a HC offer I'm forcing the contract to stay with their team. Everybody cool with that?

GCQuinton

KanZolo said:
so if theres a HC offer, it would listed before any coordinator jobs?

Yeah, if there's an HC offer you'll be able to see it with the other offers.

In the future, I'll only let people know to get on for this when they get an HC offer or I'm not able to keep them with their team on my side (as I learned the hard way today with AT/Rutgers).

EDIT: And that was quick. Owl, Virginia wants you! You wanna stay with Ole Miss or bolt for ACC Country?

Top Bottom