• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 12 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

MrCWS83

Good game. I can play D like a crazy man, just no QB and no offense doesn't give me a chance.

I like that I was able to keep your offense to 10 points and defense to 14 points. I'm glad this train wreck is over.

Good luck trying to get into the national championship game

MrCWS83 said:
Good game. I can play D like a crazy man, just no QB and no offense doesn't give me a chance.

I like that I was able to keep your offense to 10 points and defense to 14 points. I'm glad this train wreck is over.

Good luck trying to get into the national championship game

GG, man.

Yeah, defense was great for me. Burfict is an animal and was all over the place, which is what I'd expect from a 99 rated MLB.

Also FYI, user catches are illegal in this league. I don't really care but I'm just warning you so it doesn't cost you a win against someone else who may complain further down the line.

We should re-vote on the user catch issue. I think you should be able to do them only if you flip to the WR as the ball is getting to him. If you are lobbing it downfield, selecting him then sprinting is when it get cheesy. If you can control a defender for a pick I don't see an issue with user catching if it isn't cheesy.

EDIT - I typed the original post on my phone... gotta love autocorrect. ;)

MrCWS83

Thanks for the forwarning. I never had a "user catch" pop up in our game. I am used to switching to the receiver after throwing systematically and seeing people complain about it boggles my mind.

The fact that someone can take control of the receiver and make a good catch and consider it illegal is laughable. If this is the case then the defensive players shouldn't be able to take control of DB's and intercept passes either, completely at a disadvantage. I say more power to you if you can make the play

MrCWS83

Big Papa Husker said:
We should revote on the user catch issue. I think you should be able to do them only if you flip to the WR as the ball is getting to him. If you are lobbing it downfield and flipping the sprinting is when it get cheesy. If you can control a defender for a pick I don't see and issue with user catching if it isn't cheesy.
I didn't even read what you posted but we are on the same page.

Listen, I'm not going to complain if someone beats me on a play with a user catch. Some people might but not me. I've got more things to worry about with this depleted roster than user catches.

I'm going to unite as a Pac-12 member and root hard for Az to win the national title. Big games ahead for him.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Big Papa Husker said:
We should revote on the user catch issue. I think you should be able to do them only if you flip to the WR as the ball is getting to him. If you are lobbing it downfield and flipping the sprinting is when it get cheesy. If you can control a defender for a pick I don't see and issue with user catching if it isn't cheesy.
I just want it for comebacks, slants, and outs--the routes where your WRs will randomly cut their routes short and allow the DBs to get easy picks. Fuck the streaks. Those are the least of my concern.

MrCWS83

mik said:
Screw you too, pal.

;)
We have yet to meet in play, hopefully the conference schedule rotates so we can. Or I have a wonderful season with a division championship! Colorado to be back in 2013

MrCWS83 said:
We have yet to meet in play, hopefully the conference schedule rotates so we can. Or I have a wonderful season with a division championship! Colorado to be back in 2013

The division is yours so long as Clemson tries to hire me after the season is over.

GCQuinton said:
The "I Called It!" Last Game Update:

Deadline's tonight! If it isn't played or is being played by 11 ET I advance!

PM'd him last night, he hasn't responded yet but if he can't go at the time I suggested, he's free to play the CPU.

storybook77 said:
PM'd him last night, he hasn't responded yet but if he can't go at the time I suggested, he's free to play the CPU.
400px-Owl_sleeping_in_tree.jpg

Looks like he is napping.

MrCWS83

Oh you didn't know? Your ass better call somebody!!! If that game ain't bein played by 11 tonight it's gonna be simmed and advanced. That should be brainwashed in your heads by now. God damn jackwagons.

Gave Kanzolo the go ahead to play the CPU. Hoping to have some things put to bed by the time next season rolls around so I can get back to full participation.

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week Fifteen Games

Army (GCQ) vs Navy
#24 Pitt (Striker) vs UConn
#1 Rutgers (BigAT) vs Syracuse
Idaho (Nightz) vs Louisiana Tech

IDLE: Everyone else. Do your recruiting!

Week Fifteen Headlines

Rutgers Looks To Sew Up Spot In BCS Title Game
Army Aims For A Dominating Victory In A Storied Rival Game
Arizona State, Ole Miss Easily Handle Opponents
Commish Prepares League Expansion Efforts For Next Season

Rankings

Rutgers - #1 Coaches, #1 Media, #1 BCS
Arizona State - #3 Coaches, #4 Media, #3 BCS
Oregon State - #5 Coaches, #3 Media, #4 BCS
Minnesota - #16 Coaches, #13 Media, #14 BCS
Ole Miss - #18 Coaches, #18 Media, #15 BCS
Pittsburgh - #24 Coaches, #24 BCS

Player of the Week

Ryan Bass, HB, Idaho
48-7 W Against San Jose State
25 carries for 243 yards, 3 total TD

Game of the Week

Army vs Navy

WEEK FIFTEEN DEADLINE IS THURSDAY!

GCQuinton

Yeah 3 stars. I'll send the invite once the season's over, but the way we advance we should be in the offseason pretty soon.

Checking for teams may or may not be useful right now since some may have changed since S1.

Welcome to the league!

GCQuinton said:
Yeah 3 stars. I'll send the invite once the season's over, but the way we advance we should be in the offseason pretty soon.

Checking for teams may or may not be useful right now since some may have changed since S1.

Welcome to the league!

yeah i didn't think about that..... well i'll just check out the list once the league has advanced and then i'll pick one!

Nightz

Thank goodness this mess of a season is over. Defense actually showed up for a little bit in that game, but my offense couldn't do a thing. And when I did have open receivers, they would drop the ball. 7 dropped passes in that game.

I'll stick around for the coaching carousel and see if I can land myself a head coaching job.

GCQuinton

Nightz said:
Thank goodness this mess of a season is over. Defense actually showed up for a little bit in that game, but my offense couldn't do a thing. And when I did have open receivers, they would drop the ball. 7 dropped passes in that game.

I'll stick around for the coaching carousel and see if I can land myself a head coaching job.

This is the first and last time I'd do it, but since you were the first person this happened with, I'd be willing to set it slide so people know what to do in the future. If you don't get another HC offer I'd be okay with booting you and re-inviting you to take up a 2 star school since you served your time in coordinator purgatory and didn't know how coaching carousel worked.

Let this be a lesson to everyone else who gets fired, though. The moment you get another HC offer, you take it! Now that you all know how it works, whatever happens happens!

MrCWS83

That picture of Jim Harbaugh bugs me. I think it's because he's a douche yet good at what he does.

This is not a shot at the newbie

Nightz

GCQuinton said:
This is the first and last time I'd do it, but since you were the first person this happened with, I'd be willing to set it slide so people know what to do in the future. If you don't get another HC offer I'd be okay with booting you and re-inviting you to take up a 2 star school since you served your time in coordinator purgatory and didn't know how coaching carousel worked.

Let this be a lesson to everyone else who gets fired, though. The moment you get another HC offer, you take it! Now that you all know how it works, whatever happens happens!
Thanks. Why a 2 star school though? Just wondering.

Nightz

GCQuinton said:
Didn't think it'd be right to let you just totally start over with a 3 like everybody else since you did get fired.
Alrighty, no biggie. I'll just never go on vacation again so the simulations won't get me fired :'( lol

Nightz said:
Alrighty, no biggie. I'll just never go on vacation again so the simulations won't get me fired :'( lol

Don't feel bad. I'm going on an 8 day cruise over Christmas so I'm pretty sure I'll be losing my job then.

GCQuinton

Army locks up their 8-4 regular season record with a 38-7 win over Navy.

Striker's last up. He's already posted saying he's going to play later today so we should be good to advance to the conference championships tonight.

GCQuinton

FrenchMovieTheme said:
recruiting is up!? gcq did you send me an invite?

We're still on Week 15, and about to be at the conference championships tonight. I'll send out the invite once the bowls are over and we're in off-season. Which probably won't be long now.

GCQuinton said:
We're still on Week 15, and about to be at the conference championships tonight. I'll send out the invite once the bowls are over and we're in off-season. Which probably won't be long now.

oh, i see what he meant about recruiting. i'll let you know within a couple minutes after we advance to the new season who my team will be. i need to take a look at the teams and their ratings after the season. don't want to pick a team now and then they raise to 4 stars or something :/

Striker

Finished my game, only two teams left who do recruit only.

Snowy game for the second week in a row. Graham went out after the 1st half by my pass game was solid and my Freshman HB Skinner piled on 60 hard yards.

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Conference Championship Week Games

PAC 12 Championship: #5 Oregon State (mik) vs #3 Arizona State (Az)
Big 10 Championship: #16 Minnesota (BPH) vs #7 Penn State 

Conference Championship Week Headlines

Rutgers Locks Up Spot In BCS National Championship...
...But Will Az And His Arizona State Squad Join Them?
Hold Onto Ya Butts! FMT Joins The League Beginning Next Season
Commish Continues "Aggressive" Pursuit To Fill Last League Spot

Rankings

Rutgers - #1 Coaches, #1 Media, #1 BCS
Arizona State - #3 Coaches, #4 Media, #3 BCS
Oregon State - #5 Coaches, #3 Media, #4 BCS
Minnesota - #16 Coaches, #14 Media, #13 BCS
Ole Miss - #18 Coaches, #18 Media, #17 BCS
Pittsburgh - #23 Coaches, #25 Media, #23 BCS

Player of the Week

Andrew Taglianetti, SS, Pitt
17-0 W Against UConn
2 tackles, TFL, 4 ATK, sack, FR

Game of the Week

Oregon State vs Arizona State

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK DEADLINE IS SATURDAY!

Top Bottom