• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 12 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

GCQuinton

Pending the three star rule qualifications, Drizzler will be joining the league as Air Force for the coming season. Welcome him as only you guys know how!

Service academies getting some more love!

TBirdPilot.jpg

Awwwwww yeahyuh!

GCQuinton

Bowl Games Remaining:

Music City Bowl: Miss State (storybook) vs NC State
Holiday Bowl: Oregon State (mik) vs Texas

Deadline's tonight! If they're not played or are being played by 11 ET, I'll be advancing to the offseason!

And Drizzler, the team's dynasty wire page can be found here:

http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_user_state=system#module=moduleDynastyHub&dynid=485585&sku=512A0001

Once you're in, you'll be able to do your in and off-season recruiting from either there or in-game and check on stats, but any other changes (depth charts, etc.) still need to be done in the game.

GCQuinton

Okay guys, league vote time!

With Nightz pretty much going through coaching purgatory since Season 1 finished, I've agreed to let him take over any 2 star program of his choosing as a new, created head coach on the condition of the majority of the league being cool with it.

Being the only real "trial and error" victim of the coaching carousel and, arguably, SuperSim this year, everybody else should know what they're getting into now so this is a one time thing. And with Drizzler on board, we'd be back at a full 12 members for the first time since Season 1.

In doing so, I'll also be moving FIU back to the Sun Belt so AT if you've got another team in mind to replace them let me know. Depending on the team Nightz picks, moving that team to the Big East is also an option but we'll see.

Vote away!

I don't care if you let him do that.

I'll try to play my game tonight, if not, sim it. I'm fighting a cold and won't know if I feel like playing until later tonight when I actually get a chance to relax. :(

BigAT

To be honest I would be alright with him taking a 3-star team. His situation kind of spiraled out of control after he got fired in year one, which really wasn't his fault to begin with. The fact that every one has been able to develop their team for 2-3 years is penalty enough, I don't think he necessarily needs to be bumped down to 2-star teams only.

GCQuinton

The 2 star rule is in place because I still want there to be SOME kind of penalty for being able to change teams like that, even if it is the only time I'm going to do it. I don't want people thinking "I blew it with my team but lolz its okay GCQ will let me just start over to keep the league full." The team owner's gotta have some kind of accountability and letting him start over with a 3 star team after his runs with Idaho and FIU (wins are a part of it, but the effort shown, or lack of, to actually do anything with FIU is the main thing) wouldn't be right to me.

And taking a brief look at the teams last night when I looking for Drizzler (who will likely get a three star Florida State), there aren't many but there are a couple of decent 2 star teams in BCS conferences to choose from.

GCQuinton

That's majority. Nightz will be back with a new 2 STAR school next season! He'll have plenty of options to choose from at that prestige, so that's where I'm keeping it at.

GCQuinton

Deadline's in two and a half hours! If the last two games aren't played or are being played they will get simmed! One of the schools has a prestige star likely riding on it, so I'd get to it!

MrCWS83

I think Nightz got screwed and should get a 3 star team...I understand you want to enforce some penalty but he's paid his dues the past 2 years with awful teams in Idaho and FIU.

Hey AT how about Houston, SMU, UCF,or Boise for the Big East instead of Notre Dame? Align WVU to the Big 12 instead of BYU more like the real conferences

GCQuinton

He's coming back as a 2 star team. That's not really up for debate at this point. I've already explained my reasoning for it.

I could care less about what's happening with the real life conference alignment at this point. We're doing our own thing now. Unless AT wants to keep FIU in the Big East, I'm going to swap them out and give him another team to compete with. That's totally his call.

And on that note, we are entering Season 4 so if you're a vet from S1 on a team and want to move it to another conference you can come to me and "apply" for it (aka PM me and ask). So if, say, Colorado wanted to join their bosom buddy Minnesota in the Big 10 I would be okay with that.

BigAT

I would take Nightz back in the BE with whatever team he picks, if he wants to and it makes sense. Otherwise FIU would definitely get replaced.

mik

mik is unbeatable
yeah, I went down to play it and then some complications occurred here at the homestead. Go ahead and sim it.

GCQuinton

army-logo.jpg

BREAKING: Army announces formation of exploratory committee, with intent to a join a BCS conference in 2016 or 2017

Army Football will again join the ranks of a conference, but they aren't sure exactly when just yet. The program announced tonight, as they head into the offseason to prepare for the 2014 season, that they will form an exploratory committee in the hopes of joining a BCS conference for either the 2016 (Year 6) or 2017 (Year 7) seasons.

"This was always the plan with us, but I guess I'm making it publically known for the first time," said head coach GCQ, who will head the committee. Two more seaasons as an independent program will give me a little more time to get us where I think we need to be, and afterwards we'll take that next leap."

Aside from GCQ, the exploratory committee will consist of Sgt. Slaughter, Captain America, and Coach K (advisory).

BigAT

lRyjm.jpg

When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, so those that didn't select me for the exploratory committee can kiss my ass.

GCQuinton

Ol' Bobby turned it down!

Nightz and Drizz, invites are sent.

And Drizz, looks like Florida State didn't drop to three star status but Air Force did.

With that said, we're in the coaching carousel! Again, unless you get a serious offer I'm forcing your contract to stay where you are!

And with THAT said, Az you've got an offer from Norman waiting for you.

I really don't like how the coaching carousel works. Instead of letting you see all your job offers first, it makes you choose to sign a contract extension before seeing what your other opportunities are. Anyway, I declined to have my contract extended and now I have nothing. Clemson hired Mik's OC for their HC job. WTF.

Anyway, now I'm probably going to have to take a 2* team after winning the National Championship.

GCQuinton

I really don't like how the coaching carousel works. Instead of letting you see all your job offers first, it makes you choose to sign a contract extension before seeing what your other opportunities are. Anyway, I declined to have my contract extended and now I have nothing. Clemson hired Mik's OC for their HC job. WTF.

Anyway, now I'm probably going to have to take a 2* team after winning the National Championship.

Happened to me last night with Army, too. Decided to see what else was out there (just in case) and it skipped my turn. Luckily, I was still able to get a 1 Year extension when it came back to me. If it didn't just skip a person's turn when you chose that, it would be okay. But yeah, that part of it's seriously messed up.

I feel like I (and EA, to their credit actually) have been saying this from day one, too. Look at mik's OC's alma mater: CLEMSON! It matters, folks!

It's back on your turn now, though. Unless you wanna be the new head coach of Washington State, I'm gonna have to boot you and re-invite you. That said, since you did just win the national championship...

I'm fine with you taking over Clemson as a new, created coach. You'll lose your coaching history with Erickson, but you'll finally have your team. Let me know if that's what you wanna do.

Yeah it just doesn't make any sense. The coach who went to the last two National Championships can't get a job. Meanwhile, OCs and DCs are getting picked up left and right. That's just not how it works. Schools will try to pluck successful HCs if they can, and resort to coordinators if they can't get one. Not the other way around. It's just not realistic.

And yeah, just let me take over Clemson. I really don't want to start over with a shitty school.

GCQuinton

Az, your invite's been sent and I've temporarily bumped up the prestige entry limit to 4 stars so you could grab Clemson. Nightz and Drizz, you should be able to join in now. If not, let me know and I'll re-send the invite.

And with that, we're officially in the offseason! Not counting the teams above since I don't know yet, the following teams have Players Leaving to address:

Cal (FMT)
Minnesota (BPH)
Ole Miss (KanZolo) - Boy, do you ever have some stuff to address there! Sheesh!
Oregon State (mik)
Pitt (Striker)

Deadline to take care of this is 11 ET, but hopefully you guys knock it out a little sooner than that so I can set the recruiting schedule.

Az, your invite's been sent and I've temporarily bumped up the prestige entry limit to 4 stars so you could grab Clemson. Nightz and Drizz, you should be able to join in now. If not, let me know and I'll re-send the invite.

And with that, we're officially in the offseason! Not counting the teams above since I don't know yet, the following teams have Players Leaving to address:

Cal (FMT)
Minnesota (BPH)
Oregon State (mik)
Pitt (Striker)

Deadline to take care of this is 11 ET, but hopefully you guys knock it out a little sooner than that so I can set the recruiting schedule.
I'll grab mine after work. So, do guys want to leave or do they want to transfer to me? ;)

Cal (FMT)
Minnesota (BPH)
Oregon State (mik)
Pitt (Striker)

Good deal. I'll take care of it after work.

team1.png

Air Force has announced the signing of the former Thunderbird pilot / hero known as Colonel Pepe Sylvia. The Colonel is focused on bringing the long awaited Mountain West Conference title back to Colorado Springs but most of all, bringing home the elusive Commander-in-Chief's Trophy.

GCQuinton

team1.png

Air Force has announced the signing of the former Thunderbird pilot / hero known as Colonel Pepe Sylvia. The Colonel is focused on bringing the long awaited Mountain West Conference title back to Colorado Springs but most of all, bringing home the elusive Commander-in-Chief's Trophy.

army-2011-nike-pro-combat-football-uniforms-and-cleats-17-600x443.jpg

Come at me, bro!

I wish these uniforms were in the game :(

team1.png

Newly appointed Defensive Captain Cedric Parker has announced the Falcons will wear the Thunderbird helmets throughout the 2015 season stating, "We are the Pepe Sylvia's squad, he rewrote the book on how to fly the F-16 after all. Feels like the right thing to do.".

Top Bottom