• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 12 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

GCQuinton

AT's playing his game now, I'm playing mine tomorrow morning, and I put Nightz on Autopilot since I'll assume he just wants to sim his. After I'm done with my game, I'm advancing to conference championship week, and the deadline for that will be WEDNESDAY.

The only human game for that week is Az and FMT, so you guys should get to planning that now.

AT's playing his game now, I'm playing mine tomorrow morning, and I put Nightz on Autopilot since I'll assume he just wants to sim his. After I'm done with my game, I'm advancing to conference championship week, and the deadline for that will be WEDNESDAY.

The only human game for that week is Az and FMT, so you guys should get to planning that now.

i'm all done for this week

az let me know your schedule. i should be around tomorrow from 3:30 pm pst to about 6 pm pst. otherwise, i could play on wednesday from 3:30 pm onward

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Conference Championship Week Games

ACC Championship: #19 Pittsburgh (Striker) vs Boston College
SEC Championship: #4 Ole Miss (KanZolo) vs #14 South Carolina
Pac-12 Championship: #1 Arizona State (Az) vs #13 Cal (FMT)
Big 10 Championship: #7 Minnesota (BPH) vs #8 Wisconsin

Conference Championship Week Headlines

Army Beats Navy 28-14; GCQ Hops On A Plane To Atlanta For Tonight's Panthers-Falcons Game
Can The Newly Engaged FMT Rock The BCS With A Win Against Arizona State?
FIU Coach Nightz's Status For Next Season Is In Question
Striker, Pitt Headline ACC Championship In First Year In Conference

Player of the Week

Greg Rabb, HB, Army
28-14 W Against Navy
19 carries for 119 yards, TD

Rankings

Arizona State - #1 Coaches, #1 Media, #1 BCS
Rutgers - #2 Coaches, #2 Media, #2 BCS
Ole Miss - #4 Coaches, #4 Media, #4 BCS
Minnesota - #7 Coaches, #6 Media, #6 BCS
Cal - #13 Coaches, #13 Media, #12 BCS
Pittsburgh - #19 Coaches, #18 Media, #18 BCS

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY!

ugh fucking garbage. 2 of my 3 interceptions were on routes that i audibled where the guy didn't do what i told him in the audible!

then i have his guy stuffed which would have setup a 3rd and 15 or so (i was up 3 at the time) at midfield but he breaks a tackle and then my guy just lets him go! 44 yard run down the drain!

one thing i hate about NCAA is they took out TOO much of the suction tackling. there has to be a line between this game (standing next to a guy but wont tackle him) and madden 09 where you were sucked into every tackle.

anyways, gg aside from that az. definitely let that one slip away :/

p.s. i hope you got the game reported az. i'm stuck on "disconnected" and then it gives me the option to reconnect or abandon game result but it doesn't actually let me select either one of them. it's just frozen :/

If it makes you feel any better, he's probably going to win the Heisman.

And yeah, it reported for me.

nay!

at least i contained him besides that run. the shotgun counter play in this game isn't indefensible but its basically a moderate gain (at worst) unless you call one of a few plays to stop it or completely compromise your defense at the line :/

nay!

at least i contained him besides that run. the shotgun counter play in this game isn't indefensible but its basically a moderate gain (at worst) unless you call one of a few plays to stop it or completely compromise your defense at the line :/

It only usually gets me 3 or 4 against the CPU. I think it works better on humans because they bite harder on the counter (as the safety or LB).

It only usually gets me 3 or 4 against the CPU. I think it works better on humans because they bite harder on the counter (as the safety or LB).

incase you didn't know, the CPU already knows the play you are going to run. you can really abuse this on run plays by flipping the play. some of the youtube vids that came out on the games release proving this were pretty funny

mik

mik is unbeatable
Whenever I play Az, I only play that shotgun counter. I just let him kill me with everything else. Fuck that play.

Done. I have never played a game that was so damn cheap. I was down 21-0 at the end of the first with the RB running back the opening kickoff (finished with 250yds on 5 touches... RIGGED POS!), having a 80 yard run untouched with the linemen running downfield with him. I was able to pull ahead 24-21 in the 3rd, but then rigged mode turned on again and their RB went untouched again for 50. I gotta love how my fucking corners dropped 2 SURE pick-6's. GOD DAMN IT!

custom_1286130111138_ceciluse.jpg

MrCWS83

:( Minnesota finally lost a Big Ten game, sad day. You need some in conference competition and surprisingly nobody is in the Big 12 in this dynasty

GCQuinton

Deadline's in three hours! Don't think I have a Halo and will wait on Striker. It's no Reach that it'll get simmed if it's not played or is being played by 11 ET!

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Bowl Season Games

Music City Bowl: Miss State (storybook) vs NC State
Military Bowl: Army (GCQ) vs Ohio
Holiday Bowl: Oregon State (mik) vs Texas
Armed Forces Bowl: Colorado (MrCWS) vs Kentucky
Chick-fil-A Bowl: Pittsburgh (Striker) vs #14 Georgia
Capital One Bowl: #11 Minnesota (BPH) vs #24 South Carolina
Allstate Sugar Bowl: #4 Ole Miss (KanZolo) vs #7 Fresno State
Alamo Bowl: #18 Cal (FMT) vs #12 Baylor 

BCS National Championship: #1 Arizona State (Az) vs #2 Rutgers (BigAT)

Bowl Season Headlines

Arizona State, Rutgers To Meet Again In BCS National Championship Rematch
Minnesota, Pitt Fall In Conference Championship Games
Ghosts From The Past II: Story Faces His Old Team In Music City Bowl
FIU Coach Nightz Remains Silent About His Coaching Future

2013 Heisman Trophy Winner

Deantre Lewis, HB, Arizona State
282 carries for 1933 yards, 21 TD
38 receptions for 500 yards, 4 TD

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! BOWL SEASON DEADLINE IS MONDAY! 

MrCWS83

Deadline's in three hours! Don't think I have a Halo and will wait on Striker. It's no Reach that it'll get simmed if it's not played or is being played by 11 ET!

Ouch, that's a stinker, could have said we beat the ACC champions

Now I get to see what Ramirez did with the Kentucky program before he ran off

Happy Thanksgiving guys, I'll probably get to my bowl on Saturday at some point. Go Pack Go and Go Big Red this weekend

Ouch, that's a stinker, could have said we beat the ACC champions

Now I get to see what Ramirez did with the Kentucky program before he ran off

Happy Thanksgiving guys, I'll probably get to my bowl on Saturday at some point. Go Pack Go and Go Big Red this weekend

Go Big Red... not Go Bo Pelini.

CHRIS PETERSEN 2012! ;(

chris_petersen-300x300.jpg

GCQuinton

army-logo.jpg

Operation: Rebuild is going exactly as planned.

The Army Black Knights secured their second straight nine win season (9-4) after winning their second straight bowl game, defeating Ohio in a thrilling 17-14 Military Bowl battle.

"When I took this job, I was asked "Why?" about a million times, and its the faces of those kids in that locker room right now," said head coach GCQ. They've busted their [expletive] to get to where we are now and, like I said last year,we're only getting started. A foundation of excellence is being built here at West Point and I'm honored to be the one guiding the ship."

With the win, many media and coaching experts also expect the Black Knights to increase to a three-star prestige program, another first in program history.

GCQuinton

Wow. Nice turnaround, GC. I need to sort my shit out--I'm going the other direction.

Yeah, after that first 4-8 season I was starting to worry about it a bit but I'm definitely glad we're back on track.

And you've still got your bowl game so there's that!

We bounced back after the disaster in the Big Ten Championship and won 27-14. The score is closer than the game really was. I was up 17-0 at half and they returned the kickoff for a touchdown to start the 2nd half and they didn't score again until 2 minutes left in the game. I'm really anxious to get into the off-season and get to recruiting! ;D

Oh and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! :)

GCQuinton

Early Bowl Season Scores:

Military Bowl: Army (GCQ) 17, Ohio 14
Armed Forces Bowl: Colorado (MrCWS) 38, Kentucky 14
Capital One Bowl: #11 Minnesota (BPH) 27, #24 South Carolina 14
Allstate Sugar Bowl: #4 Ole Miss (KanZolo) 47, #7 Fresno State 21
Alamo Bowl: #18 Cal (FMT) 21, #12 Baylor 16
Chick-fil-A Bowl: Pittsburgh (Striker) 22, #14 Georgia 13

Bowl Games Remaining:

BCS National Championship: #1 Arizona State (Az) vs #2 Rutgers (BigAT)

Deadline's Monday! Laugh and grow fat!

GCQuinton

I'll go ahead and throw this question out there now for the people around to answer it: what's everyone's schedule look like next week? Is a one night offseason even possible?

MrCWS83

I'll go ahead and throw this question out there now for the people around to answer it: what's everyone's schedule look like next week? Is a one night offseason even possible?
I go back to work Friday so I'd say that's reasonable for me from now thru Thursday...
EDIT: a one night offseason I misread. I took it as one night a week. A one night offseason is doable but isn't there a 20 minute cap or something stupid on advances? I'm in

GCQuinton

I go back to work Friday so I'd say that's reasonable for me from now thru Thursday...
EDIT: a one night offseason I misread. I took it as one night a week. A one night offseason is doable but isn't there a 20 minute cap or something stupid on advances? I'm in

It's 10, but that only applies during the regular season. Even if it didn't, that's the average time it took people to finish each around the few times we have done it.

GCQuinton

I mentioned this after we finished the last coaching carousel, but I'll repeat it now since we're closing in on it: unless a person gets a serious head coaching offer I'm forcing contracts and moving on to speed that process up.

Nightz

Sorry guys but I think I'm out. I love playing with you guys, but I just haven't been having fun the past 2 seasons. The way things are going, I'll probably be hopping around 1* programs that I have no interest in the rest of the dynasty. Sure I can take one and try to build it up, but I'm just so far behind everyone else and will probably just end up at 3* at most by the end of the dynasty, which will just get me back to where we started. I had no idea using SuperSim on the website the first season would screw me over so much.

Anyways, good luck to you guys the rest of the way. I'll most likely be back for NCAA 13.

GCQuinton

Sorry guys but I think I'm out. I love playing with you guys, but I just haven't been having fun the past 2 seasons. The way things are going, I'll probably be hopping around 1* programs that I have no interest in the rest of the dynasty. Sure I can take one and try to build it up, but I'm just so far behind everyone else and will probably just end up at 3* at most by the end of the dynasty, which will just get me back to where we started. I had no idea using SuperSim on the website the first season would screw me over so much.

Anyways, good luck to you guys the rest of the way. I'll most likely be back for NCAA 13.

Sorry to see you go, man. I just dropped you based off what you just said, but if you wanna sign back in as FIU to see if you're back for another year I can just make you an Independent. That way, you can basically do what I'm doing and scale up your level of competition as your team gets better (aside from the human games, of course).

Being a Florida school, you really shouldn't have any problems getting good/competitive that way in about two seasons.

MrCWS83

You were dealt a shit sandwich. See ya next year

BigAT

Well, nothing went right that game. I couple of little things went wrong initially, got down early and then things quickly compounded themselves and it avalanched. That shotgun counter running shit really is near impossible to stop. GG Az.

Arizona State - 38
Rutgers - 3

Well, nothing went right that game. I couple of little things went wrong initially, got down early and then things quickly compounded themselves and it avalanched. That shotgun counter running shit really is near impossible to stop. GG Az.

Arizona State - 38
Rutgers - 3

My AT demons have finally been exorcised!

GG, man. I really only ran the counter 3 or 4 times. Mostly just ran up the gut and Lewis would shed a tackle or two for a good gain. But yeah, I got up early and basically just played keep away for the rest of the game.

GCQuinton

Bowl Season Scores:

Military Bowl: Army (GCQ) 17, Ohio 14
Armed Forces Bowl: Colorado (MrCWS) 38, Kentucky 14
Capital One Bowl: #11 Minnesota (BPH) 27, #24 South Carolina 14
Allstate Sugar Bowl: #4 Ole Miss (KanZolo) 47, #7 Fresno State 21
Alamo Bowl: #18 Cal (FMT) 21, #12 Baylor 16
Chick-fil-A Bowl: Pittsburgh (Striker) 22, #14 Georgia 13
BCS National Championship: #1 Arizona State (Az) 38, #2 Rutgers (BigAT) 3

Bowl Games Remaining: