• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 12 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

GCQuinton

Army locks up its second straight winning season with a 24-13 win over Western Kentucky. Game was much closer than the final score indicates though, since we didn't get our last two TDs until the closing minutes of the 4th quarter.

We're on track to be a three star program, baby!

As far as next week goes, do any of you guys have plans that would require me to alter our regular deadlines? If not, then we roll on as normal.

GCQuinton said:
Army locks up its second straight winning season with a 24-13 win over Western Kentucky. Game was much closer than the final score indicates though, since we didn't get our last two TDs until the closing minutes of the 4th quarter.

As far as next week goes, do any of you guys have plans that would require me to alter our regular deadlines? If not, then we roll on as normal.

I won't be around most of Thursday, naturally. I'll be doing some shopping on Thursday night/Friday morning but I should be around beyond that.

KanZolo

MrCWS83 said:
I read above there was a problem with server errors and disconnects. What gives with this game? What's this next week going to look like with Thanksgiving?

EDIT: Wooooooooooo! 5 star Athlete Kenny Davis signed with Colorado
He's probably an injury prone punter with character issues.

BigAT

Battle of the undefeateds, #2 vs. #3, fight for the Big East championship and the Hippie Bowl gets top billing for game of the week? No one cares about those west coast nobodies.

Miles Schuler scored a 70-yard touchdown on the first play from scrimmage and Rutgers never looked back as they throttled West Virginia 47-14.

GCQuinton said:

i'll be gone until sunday night. i'm leaving at about 3 pm pst today so if you need to sim mine then so be it :(

nm, i play the CPU so ill play in a few mins

GCQuinton

Looks like we'll just do what we did last year then, and have whatever week we're on be from Thursday-Sunday.

It'd be great if we could get to the bowls before Thursday! Just sayin'!

BigAT said:
GAF is going dark in two hours, how are we supposed to harass Storybrook now?

he's playing his madden game at 2!

in other news, i barely beat stanford. this qb i have for cal is literally the worst QB i've ever used in any football game ever. i know he is rated an 80, so you would think it's not that horrible, but he has an arm that makes chad penningtons look like dan marinos. i can't hit any tight windows so half the time if i try a comeback route, it gets picked off because he just throws up a duck. if i run outs, same thing. the defender catches up. might have to try this other qb of mine or check out his THP because this guy i have is awful!

at least i beat stanford though. then i checked and i'm in first place in the division! on a collision course with arizona state who will smash me no doubt

BigAT said:
GAF is going dark in two hours, how are we supposed to harass Storybrook now?
Someone should make a NeoGAF NCAA "League A" Twitter or Facebook page to keep us up to date. ;P

FrenchMovieTheme said:
he's playing his madden game at 2!

in other news, i barely beat stanford. this qb i have for cal is literally the worst QB i've ever used in any football game ever. i know he is rated an 80, so you would think it's not that horrible, but he has an arm that makes chad penningtons look like dan marinos. i can't hit any tight windows so half the time if i try a comeback route, it gets picked off because he just throws up a duck. if i run outs, same thing. the defender catches up. might have to try this other qb of mine or check out his THP because this guy i have is awful!
My QB is the same way. His overall rating is decent, but he is really erratic accuracy wise. I am hoping my 4* recruit will be better. :)

GCQuinton

With the search feature back up and us not having advanced yet, let's kill some time with a blast to the past from the first online dynasty in NCAA '09!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324954

Fun fact: I'm the only founding member that's played in every year of the league thus far! But a good portion of people currently here (AT, Az, The Owl, Striker, etc.) were either in that first league in later seasons or came in '10.

Fun fact #2: This was the first, and last year, we ran an open team dynasty. The three star rule was introduced the next game in NCAA '10!

And the original Weekly Previews (was cool to do but way too much work each few days):

10pvuow.jpg

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week Fourteen Games

#1 Arizona State (Az) vs Utah
#9 Minnesota (BPH) vs Nebraska
Colorado (MrCWS) vs Arizona
#2 Rutgers (BigAT) vs USF
Miss State (storybook) vs #5 Ole Miss (KanZolo)
Oregon State (mik) vs Oregon

IDLE: Army (GCQ), #17 Cal (FMT), #22 Pitt (Striker), FIU (Nightz)

Week Fourteen Headlines

Holiday Apathy? Two Games Get The Sim Treatment
Ole Miss, Miss State Lock Horns In Annual Rivalry Game
Oregon State One Game Away From Bowl Eligibility
Arizona State's Deantre Lewis Holding Onto Heisman Lead

Player of the Week

Nate Combs, MLB, Army
24-13 W Against Western Kentucky
4 tackles, 2 TFL, 2 ATK, 2 sacks, FF

Rankings

Arizona State - #1 Coaches, #2 Media, #1 BCS
Rutgers - #2 Coaches, #1 Media, #1 BCS
Ole Miss - #5 Coaches, #3 Media, #4 BCS
Minnesota - #9 Coaches, #8 Media, #8 BCS
Cal - #17 Coaches, #18 Media, #16 BCS
Pittsburgh - #22 Coaches, #22 Media, #21 BCS

Game of the Week

Miss State vs Ole Miss

WEEK FOURTEEN DEADLINE IS TUESDAY!

GCQuinton

Also, if everyone knocked out their Week 14 games today/tomorrow we may have a shot at getting to the bowls by Thursday. We've only got a three game Week 15 with me, AT, and Nightz, and me/AT usually knock our games out quick (and I'll assume Nightz will wanna sim).

Depending on how fast we got through Conference Championship week, we could be on the Bowls by Thursday and I'll just leave it there until next Monday. Does that sound like a plan that works for everybody?

Also, if everyone knocked out their Week 14 games today/tomorrow we may have a shot at getting to the bowls by Thursday. We've only got a three game Week 15 with me, AT, and Nightz, and me/AT usually knock our games out quick (and I'll assume Nightz will wanna sim).

Depending on how fast we got through Conference Championship week, we could be on the Bowls by Thursday and I'll just leave it there until next Monday. Does that sound like a plan that works for everybody?

I'll play mine in the next hour.

GCQuinton

It looks like the only human matchup we'll have in conference championship week is Arizona State vs. Cal in the Pac-12 Title Game, and once we get past this week we should breeze by Week 15 fairly quickly. Az, if you and FMT wanna get on scheduling that ahead of time that'd be great.

Any updates on Miss State vs. Ole Miss?

GCQuinton

Games Left Update:

Miss State (storybook) vs #5 Ole Miss (KanZolo)
Oregon State (mik) vs Oregon

mik said he was playing his tonight. story and Owl, what's the status on your game?

And CWS, if you're using the mobile version, that's why. I guess they're still working on adding that functionality back since the site update. Sucks since that's how I do the weekly updates now via my iPad, but it's a small workaround to just use the regular site till they get that done.

:( We need a new coach. :(

And CWS, if you're using the mobile version, that's why. I guess they're still working on adding that functionality back since the site update. Sucks since that's how I do the weekly updates now via my iPad, but it's a small workaround to just use the regular site till they get that done.
I was able to post through it about 1 this afternoon. I guess the maintenance messed up the mobile site for a bit and the programmer had to recode something.

MrCWS83

I've been wanting to get rid of Bo long before this season, it goes back to last year when he'd look like an asshole on the sideline. But I would get sucked back in to believing.

Now I don't believe anymore, he sucks. We've been beaten by 27 points or more four times in four seasons. That happened just three times in 25 years with Tom Osborne. Along with that are home losses to Texas Tech and Iowa State in consecutive weeks, a Texas Longhorns team that finished with a losing record, Northwestern. As long as Pelini is the coach Nebraska will be a 9 to 10 win team, good enough to be mentioned for a possible BCS game but won't actually sniff it. Tom won't get rid of him so we just have mediocrity to look forward to. Lower the expectations

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week Fifteen Games

Army (GCQ) vs Navy
#2 Rutgers (BigAT) vs UConn
FIU (Nightz) vs Notre Dame

IDLE: Everyone else! Do your recruiting!

Week Fifteen Headlines

Ole Miss Edges Miss State In A 15-14 Thriller
Oregon State Is Now Bowl Eligible With Win Over Oregon
Arizona State Reclaims Undisputed No.1 Ranking Over Rutgers
Army Prepares To Lock Up With Navy In Storied Rivalry Game

Player of the Week

CJ Johnson, MLB, Ole Miss
15-14 W Against Miss State
4 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 sacks, FF, FR

Rankings

Arizona State - #1 Coaches, #1 Media, #1 BCS
Rutgers - #2 Coaches, #2 Media, #2 BCS