• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

hgplayer1

i may have to drop from the league. my first attempt at my preseason game was an utter failure.

there was lag immediately. vump was changing his roster before kickoff so I went to look at my depth chart. every button press caused lag.

once we got in the game he couldnt kick but then it broke loose and it was playing fine. we run some plays and each have a series and then i get dropped.

i invite vump to a private chat and he says im breaking up the whole time even though i hear him fine.

as im typing this it says ive lost connection to the EA servers.

Im not about to try to become a ****ing network technical genius just to be able to play this shit online. Ive been online playing various games for the last week with no issues at all until now.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
hg and I tried to get our game in today WOW. He lives in texas im in missouri uhh shouldn't be a problem. I've played 20+ ranked games online without really any lag and with him and I its a joke. His mic is even breaking up the lag is so bad. Even before the game starts!? Anyway we both got one series in and neither of us got as much as a first down. Call it a tie?

Lone lets get our game asap.

hgplayer1

im gonna reset all connections real quick and try again. if that doesnt work ill look into opening ports and setting up priorities and getting a degree in internet network engineering.

edit: 360 just locked up as I tried to sign out of Live while in Madden. oops I guess I made it mad

vumpler

Im sure all you need to do is update the firmware with your router. There's a button in the router settings for it im sure. Firmware are like drivers for hardware ie router, dvd burner, etc. Routers definitely need to have their firmware updated with all the xbl changes that have been made over the last year. So all router companies stay on top of their gaming community by updating their firmwares for optimization. So definitely update them.

edit: definitely check for a way to give different ip addresses priority. I don't know what it would be called with yours but mines called gamefuel because I have the Dlink gamer router :D It's excellent. It's made to give my xbox priority over everything else. So even if I am maxing out my connection with bittorrent downloads it yanks the bandwidth from everything and adjusts every 0.001 second to allocate 100% needed bandwith for my xbox. The wifey hates it when she's tried to upload something to her server and I'm on xbl because it kills her uploads hehe. we must have our priorites ;)

your guess is as good as mine. First time in this league so I don't know anybody besides the people I played so far in the tourney and the 1 preseason game.

Rorschach

CP = Cerebral Palsy...he hasn't posted in this thread at all, I think.

His AIM is Tag mln , but I've never seen him online. ><

he is always on AIM. he is banned right now at gaf, which is why he hasn't posted in the thread

p.s. HG it is your router. try playing without it and see what happens. also, you can try logging out of XBL and resetting the clock (i had problems with EA servers for the same reason)

FrenchMovieTheme said:
he is always on AIM. he is banned right now at gaf, which is why he hasn't posted in the thread
Haven't seen him on all day. Does he have people blocked who aren't on his friends list?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
vumpler said:
Who is CP? Everyone says that and I can't seem to figure out who that is o_O

CP= Chief poser... he is usually banned and wants to be like me... move on there is nothing else u need to know about him...

hgplayer1

ok heres what I did

first thing I did was go to my anti virus and internet security software on my PC and turned all the auto update settings off. I didnt think this was the problem but I had forgotten to do it in the past and just wanted to eliminate the possibility.

next I checked my router model and version at xbox.com to see if it was compatible and it is. however my firmware was upgraded to a newer version than what is shown to be compatible so I downloaded one of the compatible versions.

next i manually configured my router but stopped short of fowarding any ports. Ill do that as a last resort (i.e. right before I trade the game in). I dont see a DMZ setting which I was gonna try but this router either doesnt have the setting or its called something else.

first the ads on the 360 blades wouldnt show up so I turned off the 360 and tried again then my friends list wouldnt show anyone online. so I reset everything and it looks fine now.

I also tried the clock thing on the 360 not sure if I did it right but I signed out of my profile then set the clock to 12 am on 1-1-2005 then signed into my profile. did that off memory so if its wrong could someone explain it.

by the way the router I have is a Netgear WGT624v3 and the firmware thats in it now is 1.0.128. both of those show to be compatible according to this page http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connecttolive/xbox360/homenetworking/equipment.htm

did i miss anything?

vumpler

Doesn't look like you've missed anything actually. Port forwarding won't be an issue with the xbl certified routers. It should work have you tried a game now?

hgplayer1

vumpler said:
Doesn't look like you've missed anything actually. Port forwarding won't be an issue with the xbl certified routers. It should work have you tried a game now?

i was tring to eat while in the middle of all that but im almost done so if you wanna try again let me know.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Gunstar,I can play now if you can.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG Gunstar,thats the first time my D has played hard the whole game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
Ass on a platter? That sounds kinda gay.

I can play in 15 minutes. Does that work?

Yes.

And you're goddamned right that sounds gay. I plan on shoving Tiki's bald head so far up your ass you can taste the lube!

Matrix

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:
Yes.

And you're goddamned right that sounds gay. I plan on shoving Tiki's bald head so far up your ass you can taste the lube!

We all know what you want to do with Tiki, CK.

Well, atleast i have the unfortunate pleasure of knowing, anyway. :lol

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
matrix how was the lag?

oh forgot to post that,like no lag.This is the 2nd time ive played Gunstar and so far I get the least amount of lag when I play him.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
God Dammit FMT, what kind of ****ing league you running here? I have no players with last names starting with A! And I can't even fathom who's last name starts with an A on the Seahawks!!!

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
FrenchMovieTheme said:
matrix how was the lag?

It wasn't to bad, the game just ran a little slow.

PS. Damn, Westbrook is alot faster then Dillon. Dillon feels like he is in slow motion.

Rorschach just so you know I got in touch with CP and he said he could play tommorow. I've got him right after you thats why I was asking him about it.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
one thing that bothers me about lag, is that the games last like 2 hours because the clock lags as well....

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
xbl Lonestar 1979
AIM mike31820 (which I'm rarely on)

And I don't know what to do about adding friends, I'm maxed out as is!

DCX

DCX
Malleymal said:
one thing that bothers me about lag, is that the games last like 2 hours because the clock lags as well....
What up? I'm home i can play in about a half hour.

DCX

Rorschach

sableholic said:
Rorschach just so you know I got in touch with CP and he said he could play tommorow. I've got him right after you thats why I was asking him about it.
Cool, thanks for the headsup. I see he's on now. Good times!

Duce: if minnesota doesn't want to play you tonight, I'm available at the time you mentioned.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ColdBlooded33 said:
We all know what you want to do with Tiki, CK.

Well, atleast i have the unfortunate pleasure of knowing, anyway. :lol

:lol :lol :lol

No lag at all with Fifty or AkaBalla. Two good games and I am now 2-0 in the pre-season amigos. Took me a while to come around but it looks like I am getting back into form. The Giants' passing game in 07 is freakin lethal, holy shit. 117.2 QB rating for Eli. I am leaning a little too much on Shockey and Plax though, so I will need to work on getting the ball more to Toomer and Moss. I also need to work on my defense a little bit. It's bending further than I would like it to, but at least it isn't breaking.

Scouting sessions are back, as well.

Amazingly, I am enjoying the game with 2 BS free games. Wow.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Me too!

It's too bad about EA's shitty 360 servers. I'm gonna miss our usual season game.

:lol Scouting sessions

I'm definitely NOT going to miss them.

And what is wrong with scouting!!!

Rorschach

Wellington said:
I'm definitely NOT going to miss them.

And what is wrong with scouting!!!
Nothing. Scouting sessions bring back memories is all. :D

You should post pics of the notebook sometimes...I wonder what you wrote about me.

i saw what ck's notebook said about me

November, 2005: Had another game with FMT. From the looks of it he exhibits the following attributes:

* impregnable
* indefensible
* infallible
* moochball

One of these days I will permaban him.... one of these days...

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Hey FMT, I have a beef with something:

* No manually controlling WR's. This is a tough one to make a rule, but I have to. When you throw to a receiver, you can't switch to the receiver while the ball is in the air and make the catch. The reason is this is impossible to defense. The WR will ALWAYS do the jetpack animation, while the CB defending will do some shitty swat animation 95% of the time. This isn't fair. We tested this out in the old league and it is completely dirty. Now if you are trying to break up an interception, then that's fine, take control of the WR and do your business. Otherwise, you live with the throw you made!

This is the league rule you posted and I agree with it 100% but I have another problem just like it. When you go deep to a WR you must let the CPU control the WR but how come someone can switch to the safety and basically run into your WR and bumping him off the route. Keep in mind since this years Madden runs in slow mode online, when you are on defense you have plenty of time to adjust to the deep ball and run into the WR since it takes about 3 seconds for the ball to come down. Then on top of that the CPU almost never calls PI the Safety gets away with this 99% of the time. I personally like to see this put in as rule since I have already had several games with this problem. Please let me know what you think.

Top Bottom