• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
I was kidding,I know most of my wins lately have been cause of some bizzare things.

Why you want to fight against a curse with a cursed team makes no sense to me,in the long run it will start to piss you off.

I was thinking that the curses would cancel each other out.

2 wrongs make a right??

And your wins are legit. This past game was a mess. You take away those fumbles and I'm there with you. I stopped you in the redzone twice, that has to count for something. Someday I'll get one against you though.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ck did you message me? my bro in law is playing xbox live aracde games.

2-0 is a fluke,ill be 0-16 in the season.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

hgplayer1

Denog

Im still in. my internet seems fine. I played a game with FMT the other day and it dropped him but I think he expected something to happen.

I can play tonight but I am hella tired so dont expect a great game outta me. :lol

look for me on AIM or Live.

oh yeah I work usually until 6 CST but this week I might be working just a little later than usual. so looking for me in the middle of the work day will be a pointless.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hrm, let me attempt a breakdown of my schedule here...

v. Lonestar - L
v. Coldblooded - L
@ Karishbhr - L
v. ianswoody - L
@ Fifty - L
@ Matrix - L
v. FMT - L
@ Gunstar77 - L
@ sableholic - L
v. matrix - L
v. Denogginizer - L
@ MaestroRyan - L
v. Fifty - L
@ DCX - L
v. hgplayer1 - L
@ ianswoody - L

Gonna be a rough season. :/

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
This isnt like last year buddy! Now I have the one-up on you! So atleast one of your predictions is right!

Edit: There goes FMT putting me up against playoff teams every week! WHY CANT YOU EVER GIVE ME A WEAKSAUCE SCHEDULE!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I think everyone has a stretch during their schedule where it looks pretty crazy. Mine is the toughest I've ever had.

CB3

Truelize said:
I think everyone has a stretch during their schedule where it looks pretty crazy. Mine is the toughest I've ever had.

My stretch lasts 16 games...

Zep

Banned
Got my 360 logged up (or so my school says)...so Mlay, whenever tomarrow. Im taking it down for the night, long day!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ColdBlooded33 said:
This isnt like last year buddy! Now I have the one-up on you! So atleast one of your predictions is right!

Edit: There goes FMT putting me up against playoff teams every week! WHY CANT YOU EVER GIVE ME A WEAKSAUCE SCHEDULE!

Oh please, I remember last year I reached a tough part of my schedule and I mowed em all down. Then I got to two scrubs like Rors and FMT and I lose those two games. :(

Rorschach

Week 1 Indianapolis Colts Truelize W
Week 2 Cincinnati Bengals vumpler L
Week 3 at Philadelphia Eagles Theduce22 L
Week 4 at San Diego Chargers bluemax L
Week 5 Arizona Cardinals CP L
Week 6 at Washington Redskins sableholic L
Week 7 at Greenbay Packers AZ Greg L
Week 8 Buffalo Bills karishbhr L
Week 9 BYE L!!!!!
Week 10 Denver Broncos Cloudy L
Week 11 at Tennessee Titans JuanMR2 T
Week 12 Greenbay Packers AZ Greg L
Week 13 at Indianapolis Colts Truelize L
Week 14 at Arizona Cardinals CP L
Week 15 St. Louis Rams L
Week 16 at Kansas City Chiefs malleymal Super L
Week 17 Miami Dolphins mmlemay L

Only one win...fock. I'll at least get the rushing title, though.

I'll have your number if I somehowreach the superbowl with my awful record, CK! >:|

Zep

Banned
ColdBlooded33 said:

I can teach you how to win it all...Want some tips from the NCAALEAgue1Champion?

Zep

Banned
Week 1 Detroit Lions SirJuiceALot W
Week 2 at Washington Redskins sableholic W
Week 3 Kansas City Chiefs malleymal W
Week 4 at Arizona Cardinals CP W
Week 5 at Dallas Cowboys hgplayer1 W
Week 6 BYE W
Week 7 Baltimore Ravens Fifty W
Week 8 at Miami Dolphins mmlemay W
Week 9 Greenbay Packers AZ Greg W
Week 10 Miami Dolphins mmlemay W
Week 11 at Cleveland Browns W
Week 12 at Kansas City Chiefs malleymal L
Week 13 Washington Redskins sableholic W
Week 14 Indianapolis Colts Truelize W
Week 15 at Oakland Raiders Rorschach W
Week 16 at Minnesota Vikings MaestroRyan W
Week 17 New Orleans Saints AkaBalla W

Looks about right.

CB3

Off Topic, but i figure i better
av2.gif
This thread before someone like CK Fills it with that Fat ****

Fifty

I just disconnected from Juan. Pulled my modem in fact. Call me what you want, but I didn't have the time to play 2 games and I realized that's how long it would have taken due to the lag. As malley said...even the time clock lags, so each second takes ridiculously long.

I've been spoiled. Only playing Matrix and CK (who both live in NYC..I'm in Toronto) I don't know how I'd be able to play league games like that, and I bet that game was far from the worst people have seen. My bubble has been burst. Juan, you're in the bay area, right? Anyway, I'm sorry.

Rorschach

FMT: could you schedule me with at least ONE person that will play me? kthx

Is the whole season gonna be me hunting people down and begging them to play and then having them not show up? I went through a season like that before and it was very frustrating.

I could be playing Hitokage right now >:|

Fifty

I switched your game with Duce to me and him, and you can play Juan now. You live close to each other I think so it should be problem free.

edit: Rors, this is just what I was thinking, but I was under the impression that the point of the preseason was partially to see who was reliable. If you can't contact someone, and they don't try to contact you, then their status for the regular season is up in the air. As in they could get booted. Now I could be wrong.

also, FMT make sure to check your PMs

Matrix

Rorschach said:
FMT: could you schedule me with at least ONE person that will play me? kthx

Is the whole season gonna be me hunting people down and begging them to play and then having them not show up? I went through a season like that before and it was very frustrating.

I could be playing Hitokage right now >:|

:lol

thats funny and sad at the same time.

Rorschach

Ok nm...CP is finally on...thanks, fifty. That matchup makes more sense since he's in my neck of the woods. You rock, sir!

Matrix

Cloudy said:
Wow, my sked is filled with cupcakes. Thanks, FMT :D

Yea and mines insane with difficulty and I have the worst team in the game not named 9ers :(

Shit I had the Pats and Colts as my two pre-season games,FMT hates me.

Still haven't done my 2nd preseason game cant get CP. Anyways I wont be here Friday, Sat, and part of Sunday. When does the regular season start? Any chance I can play my regular season game 1 on thursday?

Matrix

season starts the 13th.

Rorschach

W00t! Thanks to fifty, both my games are now done. GG fifty! :D

Lag impressions:
Game with JuanMR: none
Game with CP: Not a lot of spiking, but definitely really slow and distracting. Hitstick was just not an option as you can see by the amount of tackles Jordan broke (12) and the only points allowed by me. >< Highlight stick was very hard to time too.

My receivers keep fumbling..one more and they're all cut! My D is playing ok, surprisingly. I put Huff in. :D Burgess and Sapp = beasts! Hamilton won't be there next roster update, though. :( The good thing is Brayton is super fast. I'm thinking about just sticking to Walter. Brooks never throws where I want him to.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Joining the bandwagon!

Week 1 at New York Giants Wellington (locked) T
Week 2 Minnesota Vikings MaestroRyan (locked) T
Week 3 at New England Patriots Gunstar77 (locked) T
Week 4 BYE W MF'er
Week 5 Pittsburgh Steelers Shawnwhann (locked) T
Week 6 at Jacksonville Jaguars ianswoody (locked) T
Week 7 at Dallas Cowboys hgplayer1 (locked) T
Week 8 Baltimore Ravens Fifty (locked) T
Week 9 New York Jets Denogginizer OS (locked) T
Week 10 at Minnesota Vikings MaestroRyan (locked) T
Week 11 Washington Redskins sableholic (locked) T
Week 12 Houston Texans matrixadw (locked) T
Week 13 at Chicago Bears Mrbob2k6 (locked) T
Week 14 at New York Jets Denogginizer OS (locked) T
Week 15 Philadelphia Eagles Theduce22 (locked) T
Week 16 New England Patriots Gunstar77 (locked) T
Week 17 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers dmczaf (locked) T

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Why do we have to wait so long for the season to start! Most of us are done with our preseason, and by most I mean the people who matter!

Lonestar

I'm going to have to agree. Done with Preseason, so is my Week 1 opponent. You know, the guy saying "lets get this shiite started."

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Wellington said:
Why do we have to wait so long for the season to start! Most of us are done with our preseason, and by most I mean the people who matter!

Agreed. Actually I'm going to start playing my games, I'll jsut keep the written down stat sheets and enter them when the week opens. So Anyone who plays me at any time this season I'm availible from 3-5pm CST today for a game. Lets get one :)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
vumpler said:
Agreed. Actually I'm going to start playing my games, I'll jsut keep the written down stat sheets and enter them when the week opens. So Anyone who plays me at any time this season I'm availible from 3-5pm CST today for a game. Lets get one :)

While that sounds like a great idea you are going to find that the building momentum of a season will be dissipated. A lot of the fun of the season is comparing week to week stats as well as standings and developing rivalries due to records. This is really diminished if you just play ahead.

Mrbob

Wellington said:
Hrm, let me attempt a breakdown of my schedule here...

v. Lonestar - L
v. Coldblooded - L
@ Karishbhr - L
v. ianswoody - L
@ Fifty - L
@ Matrix - L
v. FMT - L
@ Gunstar77 - L
@ sableholic - L
v. matrix - L
v. Denogginizer - L
@ MaestroRyan - L
v. Fifty - L
@ DCX - L
v. hgplayer1 - L
@ ianswoody - L

Gonna be a rough season. :/

Oh shit typical wellington.

You get lucky by not having to play me!

Look on the bright side though, at least you won't have to wait for LOST to be finished before we get our game in! :D

Lonestar

Thinking back on our Game Vump, on Engram's 78 yard TD pass with 30-40 seconds left, I should have just stopped at the 5 yard line, ran out the clock, and kicked the game winning FG. Instead, I ran right in, kicked off the ball, and let you have 20 seconds to eventually get the damn one on one 50 yard TD connection with Chad, which is AUTOMATIC.

I've gotta keep my mind focused on those kinds of situations.

unomas

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
unomas let me know as soon as you get your 360 back

I just got the shipping box for it today. I'm shipping out toTexas today. Hopefully I have it back by the end of next week.

fellas relax! not everyone has played their preseason games. i need to see if some of these people can actually COMPLETE a game or two in a 6-10 day span, because if they can't they will be replaced. that is the whole point of preseason. with that said, the following people have not played a game yet:

* Browns
* Eagles
* Vikings
* Bills
* Rams

lets go fellas! everyone is signed into the league now, so there should be no excuses!

also, i need everyone in the league to vote on the poll that i put up. it's very important regarding the schedule and lag! do it!

Top Bottom