• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

well my thinking on the "no controlling WR's" is that this game is already slanted towards the offense, and there is no way to defend manual WR jet packing. again, if EVERYONE in the league played CB or Safety exclusively and you passed to the man they were covering everytime i would say go ahead and control the WR. unfortunately for every 1 instance where it would be fair to have a human vs. human wr vs. DB situation, you would have 10 Human Vs. CPU WR vs. DB situation, and the human is going to win that battle almost 100% of the time. i know it isn't exactly fair in all instances, but it is a necessary evil.

DCX

DCX
DMczaf said:
Man, you just had no luck. Even when you had a good drive going you fumbled the ball.
Tell me about it...i had a couple of stops here and there, had no running game whatsoever , Dunn is just weak( i traded Shaub and Ducket to Buffalo for McGahee ) Great game...hopefully i can do better, i adjusted well, but it was to late by then.

DCX

the entire schedule is up ladies. If you see issues with your schedule let me know.

again, games will begin NEXT WEDNESDAY!

also, something of note, all of the rosters are going to be erased and reset before the start of the regular season. there is good news and bad news with this. The bad news is that all preseason player stats will be erased :(

the good news is that all rosters will be updated with accuracy (as i get the rosters directly from nfl.com) and there will be no duplicate players! yes!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Why do I play three consecutive west coast bracket games, and then another one not too long after?

Edit: Nevermind, I guess Lonestar doesn't count as a west coaster.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Saddened by the fact I still won't play my 2 main rivals. Schedule, FOR GREAT INJUSTICE.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
FrenchMovieTheme said:
well my thinking on the "no controlling WR's" is that this game is already slanted towards the offense, and there is no way to defend manual WR jet packing. again, if EVERYONE in the league played CB or Safety exclusively and you passed to the man they were covering everytime i would say go ahead and control the WR. unfortunately for every 1 instance where it would be fair to have a human vs. human wr vs. DB situation, you would have 10 Human Vs. CPU WR vs. DB situation, and the human is going to win that battle almost 100% of the time. i know it isn't exactly fair in all instances, but it is a necessary evil.

But cmon fmt why don't we just watch the computer play the game and we call the plays then? :lol No the player doesn't catch it every time the jetpack isn't there like the real jetpack was. You can still swat the ball you just have to be there and hit A about a second maybe more towards 2 seconds before the ball gets there. I haven't seen an instance where my player actually swats and they jump over me and get it. Now I have had the ball go directly through my body and into the receivers hands, I've had it go through my head and into the receivers hands, and since there's no group tackling i've had 4 on 1 and the receiver still score a TD. But as long as we all can click over its fair. I have the most fun on defense anyway even when I'm getting tore up. I say control your WR because its not that rediculous this year. Just I would say on huge bombs no HUGE S curves. I've seen that one guy figured that one out but other than that nah it's fine. Same with line spreading if we don't control the D line then there's no irregular advantage / disadvantage to line spreading.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Lonestar said:
Saddened by the fact I still won't play my 2 main rivals. Schedule, FOR GREAT INJUSTICE.

Yeah that sucks man. I guess we both have to make it far into the playoffs. Maybe FMT can move something for us.

As far as the WR controlling goes. I will be switching to my WR in situations where I am throwing into coverage. There is no way I am going to settle for just watching and hoping my WR gets a reception when there is a human controlled defender around. That Y button can make a huge difference between a catch and an INT. The computer will not fight for position and gets knocked off the path too much. I know and have seen how jetpacking can ruin a game. I have a much bigger issue with throwing high passes to top tier WRs all game. But a good zone can fix that too.
I run the risk of taking my WR out of position for the catch as well. If you happen to switch and are not pressing the exact correct direction you will take the WR of course a bit and actually make it easier for a pick (although the game doesn't always like to catch ITs, they really enjoy just slapping at them).

We have several players that are very good at controlling safeties and DBs (k one person that controls the DBs) and I reserve the right to fight fire with fire.

note: :D I'm kinda just giving you a hard time FMT, cause I have always done this and not a single person has ever mentioned any cheese play from me. Probably cause the Falcons recievers can't jump or something. But I don't see the same exploits in this game than what we had to deal with before. The game might not be perfect, but it feels the most balanced to me.

Cloudy

Banned
I will be switching to my WR in situations where I am throwing into coverage

Or you could just NOT throw into coverage :lol Dude, you don't have to control the WR to use Y to catch. Just press Y as the ball gets there...

PS: Same goes for DBs playing defense...

The only problem I have with user controlled WRs is when they control them and just zig and zag so the cb gets confused and they get a easy reception/TD

Rorschach

One problem with my schedule is too many Eastern dudes.

DCX
DCX

(Today, 07:50 AM)
Reply | Quote

dcx8rs-full.jpg

Originally Posted by AkaBalla:
Just sent it DCX...
I didn't get anything.

DCX gaf

DCX
...who?

DCX

DCX
What's my name foo? GG dude...FYI line spreading is banneded :p Not that it mattered :D It's gonna be a long season...it's like one win in a tourney against FMT and now i have forgotten how to play...

DCX

Juice

Hey guys

Sorry, I was camping over the long weekend. I'm up for playing today if my opponent has time. Otherwise I understand and would take a forfeit if they can't play.

Lonestar

V, say anytime from about 4 PM EST to 9-10 PM? Depending on what condition my stomach will be in after eating 6 Krystal hamburgers for lunch. WHOA, TUMS!

guys everyone has about 4 games against the "other" conference. kinda difficult to schedule otherwise, but if its a huge problem i can redo the schedule :D

Lonestar

Well, I'd like 1 game against True and Ror. And I wouldn't mind being in CK, Matrix's, and Fifty's division :D Or Malley's and MM's (you know, to keep up the undefeated streak from NCAA :D )

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cloudy said:
Or you could just NOT throw into coverage :lol Dude, you don't have to control the WR to use Y to catch. Just press Y as the ball gets there...

:lol Yeah I guess I could do that. But that's not nearly as fun. So are you saying that holding the Y button when you are not controlling the WR does indeed help them catch? I've never been too clear on that.

Note: I don't control the WR more than half a second before the catch happens. Most of the time it's fair to say that I just hit Y and don't actually get a chance to switch over to them. Same goes for defense, if the ball is in the air half the time it's better to just let the computer try for it then having me switch to them and take them off course and let the WR gain a few steps on me.

vumpler

Lonestar said:
V, say anytime from about 4 PM EST to 9-10 PM? Depending on what condition my stomach will be in after eating 6 Krystal hamburgers for lunch. WHOA, TUMS!

Lets plan on 4pm EST because I'm busy from 6pm est on. So lets do that.

Lonestar

I hope to introduce you to a fellow you might not have known of.

Mr. Alexander
187382.jpg

Hi Guys!

Of course, I might not know how to run with him as well as these online guys, busting everyone's teeth in, but I'll do my best.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
True.when do you want to run and gun against My Texans? I want to get this worthless pre-season game over with.

I really hope EA patches this game for the fatigue bug sooner rather than later. After playing about 40 games online, it is borderline cheese playing someone who runs 35-40 times with an elite back. I know that sounds weird, but it's the truth. The elite backs never get tired, and they rarely fumble. Some douche ran for 300 yards on me exclusively running goal line running plays, it was like playing NFL 2K with the steriod backs. Don't say it's just me, I know how to play this game. It's just frustrating and makes the games unrealistic. Last time I checked, we were going for realism right?!?!?

***EDIT***

If HG does not play the league, I have got dibs on the Cowboys. Someone has to represent them if HG can't, and I will gladly serve for the precious star!!

vumpler

Well in our game last night it seemed fixed. I'm ready to play my game lone if you're on hit me on xbl.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Jesus True is cursed against me,3 fumbles and only one of those was caused by the hit stick.

Wali Lundy could actually run against the Cursed Colts.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
gg Mr. Voodoo. Once again you hit me long. I don't know how I can forget about that pass everytime we play. I actually personally bit the PA that time though, so it was my bad.

Rhodes had some issues for me. 3 dropped balls. Ouch. I saw him get injured but after one play he was back in the game so I figured he was fine. I even paused to look to see if there was a spot in the menu where I could look for injuries. Nothing. It wasn't until that last timeout that I finally changed my depth chart.

I felt pretty comfortable with the Colts too even though that was the first time I've actually used them. But I guess everyone would feel comfortable with a team that is ranked 97 (I feel bad for taking them but they are cursed so that should even it out).

As for the lag: it wasn't too bad. The first drive of the game had some noticable lag but I think it got more stable (or we got used to it) as the game went along.

FMT: I really wish I had Matrix in a league game. I still have never beaten him. It's sad. :(

Note to everyone: I noticed my fatigue meter working. Or something was working. I only ever saw it after kicks though. My HB would be down one bar. Is this fatigue or is it something else?

Matrix

yea the lag wasnt too bad.

Im not sure what that meter is,i dont think it was fatigue.

GG,only reason I was able to hit you long was cause I had a run game.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
yea the lag wasnt too bad.

Im not sure what that meter is,i dont think it was fatigue.

GG,only reason I was able to hit you long was cause I had a run game.

And cause you just do that to me. Same play too. I didn't seem to have much problems passing against you though. Mannings accuracy is ridiculous. But after Rhodes got hurt I couldn't run at all.

And I totally screwed up that onside kick. I forgot how to kick, seriously. All I did was push up on the joystick. A lot of good that did me. :lol

Matrix

Your vison cone was huge :( I was jealous.

I suck at onside kicks,I never practice them though.

Matrix

Lonestar

Mother**** Chad Johnson. 2 Long Bombs, and while the ball's in the air, I called both as "he's gonna catch em" and yep, he did. 2nd one for the go ahead TD, 31-30 loss. Not bad when I had the ball half as long!

guys unless there is a huge issue with lag i'm not going to change the schedule. everything is perfectly formatted, home and away games are perfect, division schedules are perfect. for me to pluck one game to put someone up against would cause a domino effect of endless work for me. if you take a look at the schedule and can figure out an easy fix for me to get you a game in with Player X without screwing something else up let me know. otherwise enjoy your possible NEW rivalries!

p.s. shogun PMed me about LD.... sigh

Matrix

True,you dont want to play me in the season,thats a loss for you ;)

Lonestar

Well, I still demand a True and Ror game. Going into this season, me and True both stated we'd want at least one game. Unfinished business from the end of NCAA ;P

Fifty

FMT's done a great job with the schedule. It's ridiculously hard to create these schedules...I know, I helped do them for last year's league daddy league. I don't know what system FMT is using but he's right when he says just the smallest of changes can **** everything up.

Zep

Banned
signed up babe! give me the tits.

Also, wont be able to play my preseason game tonight because the school has yet to put my MAC adress into their system! K!?thanxs!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
True,you dont want to play me in the season,thats a loss for you ;)

Be a man about your record with me and don't stoop to that level. :)

Lone: we can meet in the next season. FMT if you could please try to get us a game next season that would be cool enough.

I owe him one for the complaining he did in our NCAA game. :D

Matrix

I was kidding,I know most of my wins lately have been cause of some bizzare things.

Why you want to fight against a curse with a cursed team makes no sense to me,in the long run it will start to piss you off.

Top Bottom