• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

ColdBlooded33 said:
I havent seen him on since tuesday. thats before the schedule changed for me and CK. Now i gotta play him and he isnt around. :(

That could be true, but sometime this week I know I saw him online. Setup a notification for when he signs on and then you'll know if he signed on at some point.

CP opponents: find someone in your "area" to play your games against the cardinals. i will put the cardinals under the MrSparkle sn so stats can be entered.

username: MrSparkle
password: friend

Mrbob

Hmmm seems like Maestro is an untrustworthy person!

He begs me to rematch him over AIM and says he'll be there at 8:10 central. Well it is now 8:30 central and he hasn't shown up!

Looks like that blocked XP will haunt you forever!!!!!! :D

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
sableholic said:
I think people have told you numerous times that hes banned from GAF. Why don't you try iming him? I've seen him on plenty of times this week.

That's what you get for thinking no one's said he's banned.

Anyway lets try to get in everyones games asap :D

hgplayer1

my next two games are against DJ and Lonestar.

I think DJ is getting back in town tomorrow so Im going to try to set something up with him.

Lone I should be available most of the weekend if the week advances.

dammit I need a win!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Remember when playing football video games used to be fun?? :(

I played a borefest with AzGreg today. The lag was low enough that we could play, but bad enough that it was impossible to pass.

And has anyone else noticed that the Oline is worse since the update? It could have just been our game but we both got eaten up with sacks all game.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
ColdBlooded33 said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Plummer Roll-Out Strikes again!

Its funny because i know exactly what play your talking about. I know exactly what play it is in the playbook also. Its just hard as **** to stop even if you know its coming

I am pretty disappointed with this play because of the D-Line Spread rule. Since we can't spread the D-Line, we can't protect against Roll-outs and running plays to the outside. If the D-Line rule doesn't change next season, I am out.

vumpler

If anyone needs a sub as the cards from here on out I'll do it :D I just got passed on just how I pass so I think it will be an easy cross over. :D Anyone who wants an unexpected loss just let me know.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Who the heck was playing as the Cards?

Chad...

RCP: 6 YARDS :311 AVER: 51.8 TDS: 3 YAC: 122

bluemax

Banned
vumpler said:
If anyone needs a sub as the cards from here on out I'll do it :D I just got passed on just how I pass so I think it will be an easy cross over. :D Anyone who wants an unexpected loss just let me know.

I have to play against the cards soon, but after the way you kicked my ass earlier with the Bengals I don't want to play you again until I have to.

vumpler

WTF is with gamecast? How does it work? I haven't had a game show up since 9/22!?!?? I've played like 10+ games since then!??!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I think that performance should net you a 4 game suspension. 21 points in the 4th quarter dude, 38-28 would have sufficed. Stop Passing.

vumpler

sableholic said:
That is pretty lame.

I ran out of bounds on a wide open over the middle for like 60 yards in the fourth and just ran it up the middle burning clock. If you would have seen the cards can bust it open at any time. On 3rd and 12 I'm not going to just give up the game and let him come back. I move the ball like natti does. If its a bust out play its a bust out play. I still managed the clock by burning all I could in the 4th. If rudi breaks it up the middle when the cards are still showing incredible potential on offense I'm not going to let it be a 3 point game. I'm not the panthers in RL. You don't have to play to lose. I was doing nothing out of the ordinary. The game would have never ended the way the score was at the end of the 3rd. If I wouldn't have kept control of the ball I would have lost. Look at the game against the broco's. It was the same type game except I made 2 really impressive stops on the cardsi n the 4th. Otherwise its the same type game all over again.

Anyway its my bye week this week so I'll use this extra time to learn how to play better D throughout the game so that I don't have to rely on my offense to win games. Then sable and lone can be just as excited when I win a game :D With FMT and True coming up later in the season I'll be lucky to make it to the playoffs. So if you think its me getting cocky thats not even in the least bit true. FMT will give me a good game, but I think I might be to much for him this time ;) Last time we played he was Cal and I was the Sooners. I think I have a chance this time if I can slow down Vernon a little bit.

vumpler said:
I ran out of bounds on a wide open over the middle for like 60 yards in the fourth and just ran it up the middle burning clock. If you would have seen the cards can bust it open at any time. On 3rd and 12 I'm not going to just give up the game and let him come back. I move the ball like natti does. If its a bust out play its a bust out play. I still managed the clock by burning all I could in the 4th. If rudi breaks it up the middle when the cards are still showing incredible potential on offense I'm not going to let it be a 3 point game. I'm not the panthers in RL. You don't have to play to lose. I was doing nothing out of the ordinary. The game would have never ended the way the score was at the end of the 3rd. If I wouldn't have kept control of the ball I would have lost. Look at the game against the broco's. It was the same type game except I made 2 really impressive stops on the cardsi n the 4th. Otherwise its the same type game all over again.

At some point it was either 38-21 or 45-21. So at the 45-21 point with a 5 minute quarter you were worried he was going to come back. This is after he scored once and you scored twice. That couldn't have left much clock. So you get the ball back and score again. Something just doesn't seem right about that. Say it was 45-21 with I dunno the whole quarter left. That means he has to score 3 Tds and a fg to catch up. He hadn't scored that in the whole game....

If the gamecast was working we'd see. Who played for CP?

Oh and no one said give up the game, just play fair. Don't run up the score like Spurrier in Okinawa. No matter how you spin it, at some point you had to be up 45-21 or 45-28. Even if he had 28 thats still two TD's and a fg, I just don't see how you could have been worried.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
vumpler said:
WTF is with gamecast? How does it work? I haven't had a game show up since 9/22!?!?? I've played like 10+ games since then!??!

You have to exit the game and go back to the main menu I think, instead of just turning the system off right after the game.

So are we allowed to run up the score and pass all over people? I tend to play ball control all game because it's just tougher for the opponent to beat, but going NFL Blitz style all over the next couple of opponents would be pretty sweet. Not like I don't have the weapons for it. 4 capable ball carriers just makes me a hog.

Wellington said:
You have to exit the game and go back to the main menu I think, instead of just turning the system off right after the game.

So are we allowed to run up the score and pass all over people? I tend to play ball control all game because it's just tougher for the opponent to beat, but going NFL Blitz style all over the next couple of opponents would be pretty sweet. Not like I don't have the weapons for it. 4 capable ball carriers just makes me a hog.

Exactly. I'm sure if any of us wanted to we could just pass all over people and run up the score, but thats not why we are playing this league. At least not why I thought we were. I can play other people in ranked matches if I wanted that.

vumpler

sableholic said:
Oh and no one said give up the game, just play fair. Don't run up the score like Spurrier in Okinawa. No matter how you spin it, at some point you had to be up 45-21 or 45-28. Even if he had 28 thats still two TD's and a fg, I just don't see how you could have been worried.

Ask the Bucs player how fast someone can throw up points. I threw up 20 points in less than 3 minutes. Especially with someone like Boldin over there on the left and Pope in the slot. Its not hard.

I don't know why lions boy isn't in here explaining how he got beat. Maybe it shows up on his gamecast.

vumpler

sableholic said:
Exactly. I'm sure if any of us wanted to we could just pass all over people and run up the score, but thats not why we are playing this league. At least not why I thought we were. I can play other people in ranked matches if I wanted that.

Eh that's not why we play and no one said it was. Yeah I threw up a few yards when I needed to make sure I won, but thats how natti plays when their healthy. I'm not going to keep it close in every game and being up by 20 is not a safe win. Hell if want to get outrageous here there are quite a few other games where the score differential was a LOT greater than what it was here. Anyway natti isn't a running team. Why would I run with a passing team? That's like passing with the chargers or KC!?! It just doesn't make sense.

vumpler said:
Eh that's not why we play and no one said it was. Yeah I threw up a few yards when I needed to make sure I won, but thats how natti plays when their healthy. I'm not going to keep it close in every game and being up by 20 is not a safe win. Hell if want to get outrageous here there are quite a few other games where the score differential was a LOT greater than what it was here. Anyway natti isn't a running team. Why would I run with a passing team? That's like passing with the chargers or KC!?! It just doesn't make sense.

Your right they aren't a running team. But rudi johnson isnt a slouch and can pound out first downs in the last quarter.

Anyways I don't really care. I just can see why someone would call that lame. I didn't even bring it up. Moving on.

vumpler

sableholic said:
Your right they aren't a running team. But rudi johnson isnt a slouch and can pound out first downs in the last quarter.
You're right and he did, but he can't when it's further than 3rd and 4. Like I said I've got 4 awesome targets out there on the field and having those 4 targets looks a lot better than the gamble of rudi on a 3th and 11.

vumpler

Anyway this is pointless arguing, I'll figure out something here in this bye week to attempt at pleasing you sable. I was fully aware of how the game had been going all the way through, if I had to do it over again against a high powered offense like that I think I would have made the same decisions. Its just such a gamble in madden to keep the game close and I couldn't justify my decisions if for some reason he would have came back and scored on 2 big play and be back in it. I needed the win or else I would drop in my division so I secured it with that last touchdown. If this is wrong I'm sure FMT will discuss better alternatives with me and teach me how to play the shutdown D he plays. But I play vanilla D playing probably the worst version of the bend but do not break D. I can't help it I play bad D, so I have to make up for it with offense. I'll try to keep to more reasonable looking on paper but in all actuality the game was not far out of hand.

vumpler said:
Anyway this is pointless arguing, I'll figure out something here in this bye week to attempt at pleasing you sable.

See my message above yours. No need to please me I don't care. I didn't even bring it up. And I already conceded that it was pretty pointless argument.

Lonestar

sableholic said:
See my message above yours. No need to please me I don't care. I didn't even bring it up. And I already conceded that it was pretty pointless argument.

Wha, Who are you talking about???? Stop Arguing!!!!

$5 says CJ did the ole' "run a straight and let Palmer heave it 70 yards down the field, undefendable" routine ;P

Rorschach said:
The AI in an exhibition game. Seriously, vump, who did? Was it someone in the league or some random player?

lol, I'd like to know that also.

Lonestar said:
Wha, Who are you talking about???? Stop Arguing!!!!

$5 says CJ did the ole' "run a straight and let Palmer heave it 70 yards down the field, undefendable" routine ;P

round 2 begins :)

Lonestar

Looking, the 2 teams combined for "at least" 109 offensive plays. I went back and added up the plays for some of my games, and they are

CK: 73 plays (36 less)
Maestro: 84 plays (25 less)
Gunstar: 70 plays (39 less)

How do you get that many more offensive plays? 6 minute quarters?

It is 5 minutes, right?

Lonestar said:
Looking, the 2 teams combined for "at least" 109 offensive plays. I went back and added up the plays for some of my games, and they are

CK: 73 plays (36 less)
Maestro: 84 plays (25 less)
Gunstar: 70 plays (39 less)

How do you get that many more offensive plays? 6 minute quarters?

It is 5 minutes, right?

It is 5 mins. Lots of passing? 33 attempts for Carson. 37 for warner. Warners completion percentage was pretty low as well so incomplete passes will do that. Who knows it that accounts for the huge difference from your games or not, but maybe. Damn 13 more TDs on offense than the 2nd place people.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
This is funny to me 'cause I have Plax, Shockey, Toomer, and Barber out of I-Form. Add Sinorice Moss in three wide, so five really ****ing good targets for a passing game. Tim Carter is no slouch either but at that point then I'd be choosing between a fourth WR and Shockey or Barber. I'm hoping I get a few gamecasts so that I can emulate this amazing 500 yard Moore offense as I will call it. My D is pretty good anyway so I will be like the real life Bears.

Wellington said:
This is funny to me 'cause I have Plax, Shockey, Toomer, and Barber out of I-Form. Add Sinorice Moss in three wide, so five really ****ing good targets for a passing game. I'm hoping I get a few gamecasts so that I can emulate this amazing 500 yard Moore offense as I will call it. My D is pretty good anyway so I will be like the real life Bears.

Likewise, I have Moss, El, Portis, and Lloyd along with Cooley. Should be interesting once those gamecasts come out.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
Likewise, I have Moss, El and Lloyd along with Cooley. Should be interesting once those gamecasts come out.

Honestly I don't think I can get mad at it, because if he is doing it legitly he is just passing his balls off, which is what the iggles and Lions do at this point in the real NFL. Whoever is playing D against him, too, adjust!

Lone: You did not count the 6 plays between us that ended as sacks. It's really 79 plays.

Lonestar

oNCE i GET dEON bRANCH, i WILL BE UNSTAPPABLE!

eGADS, i DO BELIEVE YOU ARE RIGHT, wELLINGTON!

Zep

Banned
Wellington said:
This is funny to me 'cause I have Plax, Shockey, Toomer, and Barber out of I-Form. Add Sinorice Moss in three wide, so five really ****ing good targets for a passing game. Tim Carter is no slouch either but at that point then I'd be choosing between a fourth WR and Shockey or Barber. I'm hoping I get a few gamecasts so that I can emulate this amazing 500 yard Moore offense as I will call it. My D is pretty good anyway so I will be like the real life Bears.

Sorry...can't let you do that to me.

Rorschach

I know how to stop it. :D:D:D:D

btw- I see nothing wrong with Cinci passing a lot...that's what they do. If he's passing all game, stop it and make him run. In our game, Rudi got all the TDs and Plamer had a 65.1 rating. :D

Looks to me like he has plenty of rushing attempts besides a couple of games.

I have plenty of receiving weapons, but no QB. :'(

Zep

Banned
Wellington said:
For you I've got a special gameplan. Why do you think I asked you to play Saturday. ;)

Wellie...Dont play zone against me anymore! I just gave the warning shot.

Lonestar said:
To learn how to play against GAP PRESS GAMMA ATTACK!?!

never heard of it.

vumpler throwing a gajillion times a game is nothing new. when i played him in ncaa he lined up almost exclusively in the 4 wide set. i shut him down without much trouble, but vumpler you need to realize that not everyone is going to be able to do that. you want to pass go ahead and pass, but stop running 3 and 4 wide sets exclusively. 8 receptions for 311 yards is bullshit. is this partly your opponents fault? yes. but you need to realize this is a sim league. a lot of people in the league could put up 600 yards a game passing and bullshit their way down the field. that's not what the league is about. you don't think i could just send vernon davis deep every other play and rack up some points against lesser teams?? you know why i dont? because if i wanted to play against that bullshit i would be playing exhibition against random assholes.

if this was a one time thing then cool. but you've shown repeatedly that you just want to put up some ridiculous numbers. i don't care whether the bengals really play the way you are playing (they don't), stop doing it. if you are getting these yards because your opponent is sending 9 people in everytime and you are just getting 1 on 1 passes then alright. but taking advantage of the AI, lining up in 4 wide sets to get matchups everytime, and other crap isn't going to cut it. play like you want to play, but i dont want to see bullshit like this again. call me a dick of a commissioner or whatever you want, i dont care, just dont let it happen again. you want to run that garbage when we play that's fine, don't run it anywhere else.

vumpler

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the whole post

No I completely agree. And no you told me in NCAA that 4 and 5 wide sets was not allowed in madden. I understand that and you understood why I was running it with the sooners. It was completely exploiting 1on1 coverages every time only. No cheese on my plate sir. Anyway I'll bring all i have for you when the time comes. Damn good thing its later in the season so I have time to prepare lol. But anyway what is the max amount of yards I should have then? If 311 is to much then I guess 211 is fine? I know it sounds stupid to ask what cap should be put on receiving yards but since what I am doing is to much then what would be a more reasonable amount? I'll just learn to work the clock and I think that will fix a lot of issues.

there is no "set amount of yards", but come on even you have to admit a 50 yards per catch average on 6 catches is ridiculous. just stop chucking shit deep everytime you have the opportunity. if you are getting 50 yard catches, and 40 yards are after the catch, well theres no way anyone can complain about that. but just bombing it up cause you know the DB is going to get beat is ricockulous.

vumpler said:
But anyway what is the max amount of yards I should have then? If 311 is to much then I guess 211 is fine? I know it sounds stupid to ask what cap should be put on receiving yards but since what I am doing is to much then what would be a more reasonable amount? I'll just learn to work the clock and I think that will fix a lot of issues.

I think you kinda missed the point. If your running the same play action play over and over again cause you can slide/motion someone and exploit a matchup every time it defeats the point of playing in this league. Sure you can do it a few times, but don't just keep doing it. Its like if I just did the TE corner routes all game since it almost always works. Also you never did say exactly who you played in the last game. Was it somebody in the league?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
It looks like the AI is taken advantage of when Chad Johnson has that many yards. Honestly I thought I was looking at Shawns team when I saw all the Yards CJ had. It reminded me straight up of Ohio State.

Madden just has issues though. It's too easy to take advantage of the defense if you have an incredibly high rated WR and know how to pass well. Ror can pretty much get Moss whenever he feels like it. But because I've never really figured out the nuances of Madden I have Harrison asking to be traded. :(

But an even better discussion is: who the heck used the Ravens and got 500 yards with Fifty's 4th string WR? :)

Cloudy

Banned
Check Vump's line from when he played me. I was up 17-0 then suddenly he started throwing to Chad every pass. Game over :lol

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
take a wild guess

also, vumpler who exactly was using the cardinals?

I know who, it was "Player #2"

TECMO BOWL CHEESE!

Check my game versus him in Preseason. I win if not for 2 CJ undefendable 70 yard bombs. You just have to float it out there, CJ will outpace all but 2 or 3 CB's.

Top Bottom