• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
Fixed it for you

haha :lol

Really Ive said this all along,dont feel bad if you lose to Konex,its the cpu thats held your O in check.

The Drama is back boys,its about f-ing time.

Rorschach

Rollouts didn't bother me with Konex, but 100% jump passes are frustrating as hell. I heard he toned it down a bit, though.

Lonestar said:
I'm not very good at games where you look for Sailors.

God Damn Sailors....

WHERE THE **** ARE YOU?

r_shenmueii_01%5B1%5D.jpg
I'm good at those.

ryo.gif

AZ Greg

Cloudy said:
You want me to stay in the pocket and get sacked? If you blitz, I'm gonna get outta there, man :lol

Don't quit dude, you're not a bad player...

Don't worry I'm not gonna quit. But 98% of my D plays were 2 man under or 3 man under. You just feel like you're getting blitzed because you're spending so much time waiting for your receiver to get to the middle of the field so you can throw him a jump ball.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Only QB I cant stop on rollouts is Vick >_< DCX put up 35 points on me with that quick biznatch.

Only game with the pitiful Texans where I have given up 30 pts or more.

edit - Konex I dont think you cheese,id like to see you PLAY more of a roll in the game :p

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
AZ Greg said:
Don't worry I'm not gonna quit. But 98% of my D plays were 2 man under or 3 man under. You just feel like you're getting blitzed because you're spending so much time waiting for your receiver to get to the middle of the field so you can throw him a jump ball.

This made me LOL at the screen.

Please, refrain from doing that again.

Zep

Banned
You guys must not play with regular people...(we're elite). Bitches up here at college do that shit all day long and i've just become immune to it...They actually make me play worse in league games because it's like playing a whole new game. Just ask Konex...hes never beaten me in......4 games?

Lonestar

I'll have to say, that gamecast is a devilishly good time waster.

HOLY SHIT, it's 1:30 am....and I don't feel sleepy, even with work in 5 1/2 hours! Must be my continuing Insomnia Saga! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeee

DMczaf

What pisses me off about Gamecast is that it was in the Madden survey they sent out, along with online franchises and spectators mode.

Gamecast is great and all, but I would have GLADLY taken those 2 over it!

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
What pisses me off about Gamecast is that it was in the Madden survey they sent out, along with online franchises and spectators mode.

Gamecast is great and all, but I would have GLADLY taken those 2 over it!
Also, it's way broken. Lots of stuff there that I didn't call and isn't even in my playbook or overlaps/repeats. I would have killed for spectator mode and franchises. >< I don't think they could pull either off, though. I would gladly give up gamecasts for steady online play.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DaddyZ said:
I found out about it playing Wellington! It's a very cheap defense! I didnt know!!!

I thought you said you weren't going to use it in league play?

Here's the gist of it fellow, with the gap press D, the line stunts in such a way that the oline just doesn't block it. I may not have the best offensive line in the league but he managed to sack me 6 out of I think 17 or 18 total times I called a pass play. I adjust pretty well, be it by going to shotgun or bringing extra protection or whatever, but that was just unstoppable.

If DaddyZ is going to use it to gain an advantage over players, then he should be banned from the league. How long before we start manually blitzing DBs, spreading the line, and controlling WRs?

Lonestar

Wait, that defensive play is cheese??? I only said so after looking at CK's and DZ's game, that DZ used it alot, 2 to 3 times in a row at times. What formation is it under? It looked like a nickel package, 4 down lineman and 2 LB's.

Zep

Banned
Wellington said:

Hes talking about the game with you...:lol I told you I would never use "that defense" in a league game.

Sorry Lonestar, I can't tell you!

Fifty

What the ****. Matrix, you did play Bonsevan?

this is insane.

Ravens lost 37-40

-7 rushing yards

502 passing yards (no player stats!)

This is what happens when I stupidly put a DIVISION RIVAL in charge of my team. I'm such a fool. Now the TEXANS are ahead of me in the standings, and 37 points of offense is uncredited. I let my homo friendship with Matrix cloud my judgement!

Zep

Banned
Fifty said:

this is insane.

Ravens lost 37-40

-7 rushing yards

This is what happens when I stupidly put a DIVISION RIVAL in charge of my team. I'm such a fool. Now the TEXANS are ahead of me in the standings, and 37 points of offense is uncredited. I let my homo friendship with Matrix cloud my judgement!

How do you rush for -7 yards with the Ravens? Fifty...Matrix raped you hard!:lol

Wellington said:

Here's the gist of it fellow, with the gap press D, the line stunts in such a way that the oline just doesn't block it. I may not have the best offensive line in the league but he managed to sack me 6 out of I think 17 or 18 total times I called a pass play. I adjust pretty well, be it by going to shotgun or bringing extra protection or whatever, but that was just unstoppable.

If DaddyZ is going to use it to gain an advantage over players, then he should be banned from the league. How long before we start manually blitzing DBs, spreading the line, and controlling WRs?

So I'm guessing this will be added to the banned plays then

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Fifty said:

this is insane.

Ravens lost 37-40

-7 rushing yards

No I played the game and got screwed with just a few minutes to go with a interception for a touchdown from like his 4 yard line... Here's the stats. I couldn't get jack going running he blew up jamal every play and since he was really concentrating on stuffing jamal I blew him up in the air but at some point mcnair has to make mistakes and thats what happened.

Passing:

Mcnair:
Yards: 530
TD: 3
INT: 2
Comp: 13
ATT: 35
Long: 71

Rushing:

J. lewis
yards: 4
TD: 0
ATT: 11
Long 11

S. McNair
yards: -12
ATT: 2
Fumb: 1

Receiving:

C. Moore:
Rec: 11
Yds: 505
AVG: 45.9
TD: 2
YAC: 53
YAC AVG. 4.8
Drops: 3

D. Mason:
rec: 1
yards: 11
Long: 11

T. Heap:
rec: 1
yds: 14
TD: 1
drops: 1
long: 14

Defense:
D. Landry
tack: 7
int: 1
pass deflect: 1
fumb rec: 1
def TD: 1

C. McAlister
tack: 2
tack loss: 1
int: 2
pass deflect: 1

m. smith:
tack: 6
tack loss: 1

Kicking:
FGM: 3
FGA: 3
XPM/XPA: 4/4
FG Long: 51

Punting:
S. Koch

Number: 1
yds: 47

Kick returns:
D. Mason:
5 returns for 127 yards

punt returns:
D. mason:
4 returns for 66 yards

Fifty

Thanks for taking those down, Vumpler. It takes the lose a teeny bit easier to swallow. This news also allows me to forgive Matrix. Maybe this loss was a good thing. It's fired me up to win every game this season.

Also, can you tell me how Clarence Moore, my 3rd WR got 500 yards?!! Player of the year? Were you running money slot posts all game? :lol I'm amazed. That's gotta be one of the weirdest games ever.. I would have loved to see it. Heap is a non factor. Mason is a non factor. So is Jamal Lewis. Vumpler, I'm almost impressed.

vumpler said:
C. Moore:
Rec: 11
Yds: 505
AVG: 45.9
TD: 2
YAC: 53
YAC AVG. 4.8
Drops: 3

:lol :lol :lol

That's almost like the NCAA game we played where you filled in for Minnesota and destroyed me with their tight end!!!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
What the ****? Money routes, cheeseball D's? ****ing count me out of the league then, I don't want to deal with ****ing random public player bullshit.

vumpler

Hey moore is a beast in this game and no I don't even run corner routes. You can hit him all over. Just findout what D their playing that down and exploit the shit out of it. When you have someone that big 6'6 i think he is, and with 97 jumping he goes up for everything. Being as theres some no body guarding him its near impossible to stop.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wellington said:
What the ****? Money routes, cheeseball D's? ****ing count me out of the league then, I don't want to deal with ****ing random public player bullshit.

I blame EA. :)

Hey if it's any consolation I still don't even know how to cheese people in this game. I lose fair and square.

I really want to play my game against the Packers so I'm all caught up.

Fifty

MaestroRyan said:
forget all the cheese shit, but 500 yards from one player in a game is a little ****ing ridiculous

Yeah, and I'm bummed since he had 0 yards prior to that game. If it was Todd Heap or Derrick Mason I'd actually have one of the league leaders. Vumpler, PM me with what you did! :lol

if gap press is cheese it's going to be banned. need further confirmation on this since i've never used the play myself.

i am also disgusted with those ravens stats. give me a ****ing break man. 500 yards for one receiver is bullshit. this is a sim league, not "hey lets throw to the slot receiver!" every down. seriously considering not even posting those stats to the receiver. unbelieveable ladies

vumpler

He wasn't in the slot all the time. I had him line up as the 2nd receiver most of the time because the DB was short and trash. lol if you don't use them you don't use them.

Lonestar

I've never used Gap Press, nor seen it till the Gamecast viewing. I'll try it out to see how "cheese" it is.

Does it make the O-Line literally "not block"?

Also, looking at Mr. Moore's stats, even taking away his longest reception of 71 yards, he still has a 43.4 yard per catch average, a drop of only 2 yards....

He either had most receptions of over 35 yards, or he hit another 2 or 3 65+ yard bombs. But even giving him credit for 3 more 65 yard receptions, that's still a 34 YPC average....

500 yards on a Reciever. I say the punishment should be public flailing. WHAT SAY YOU?

Zep

Banned
Lonestar said:
I've never used Gap Press, nor seen it till the Gamecast viewing. I'll try it out to see how "cheese" it is.

Does it make the O-Line literally "not block"?

Well when me and wellington played I was getting no pressure on Sheli...Then I used anything to try and generate some pressure, thats when I found 3-4 Gap Press. I never used 3-4 in madden because I always play as the rams and we are a Cover 2 defense (This game I used a 4-6 defense to try and Stop Tiki). I sacked him a good 3-4 straight times when he dropped back using Gap Press as the Lineman just shifted their feet and did no blocking in front of them. Still dont know why he's pissed, I only used it against him in a exhibition game.

Lonestar

MaestroRyan said:
fmt and i are the only players to not be scored on through the air! when i see you FMT, one of us will lose this stat!

Apparently, you haven't scored any points, as most of your games have no stats!

I KID I KID...maybe :D

And in our game, I was going Run about 85% of the time, as I was coming off Hasselback's "performance" against CK...3 INT's :(

Next Time...maybe

Hey Maestro, I will try to play you tonight. I already commited to Konex that I would play our opening game in NBA2K7 tonight. With the way work is going today, it will be a long day at the office. We'll see, watch this thread for an update.

Matrix

wow soooo much drama.

FIFTY OUR HOMO FRIENDSHIP LIVES ON!

Mrbob

Hitting the middle of the season and it seems like the Madden league is starting to break down. Seems like normal hahahahahahahahahaha!

Always a midseason crisis in GAF Madden league football!

DMczaf

Mrbob said:
Hitting the middle of the season and it seems like the Madden league is starting to break down. Seems like normal hahahahahahahahahaha!

Always a midseason crisis in GAF Madden league football!

How about you play your games, you flake. You are part of the problem. It took me 5 mins to schedule vs. Duce.

MrFlake strikes again.

do you have AIM at all? and can you handle sending me a friend request on XBL (CrimsonSavior11)

I realize you have commitments, but it is very hard for me to find 100% open time for gaming. The latest I can start is about 9:30, my game last night nearly killed me this morning.

I have AIM but not on my work computer. I am all but certain tonight is not going to work for me, work is not relenting at all. We will have to try tomorrow night or Saturday morning. Sorry for the delay, we will get it done though!!!

Matrix

DMczaf said:
How about you play your games, you flake. You are part of the problem. It took me 5 mins to schedule vs. Duce.

MrFlake strikes again.

14.09.05_child_watching_tv_200,0.jpg

vumpler

I hear ya on the mid season break down. CP has completely ditched the game lol. Anyone up for a ban or a sub on his game? lol this is retarded

vumpler

Username: CP
AIM: Tag mln
Gaming Screen Name(s): TagKC

Team: Cards

PLEASE CP COME GET OWNED, PLEASE!!!

vumpler said:
Username: CP
AIM: Tag mln
Gaming Screen Name(s): TagKC

Team: Cards

PLEASE CP COME GET OWNED, PLEASE!!!

I think people have told you numerous times that hes banned from GAF. Why don't you try iming him? I've seen him on plenty of times this week.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
sableholic said:
I think people have told you numerous times that hes banned from GAF. Why don't you try iming him? I've seen him on plenty of times this week.

I havent seen him on since tuesday. thats before the schedule changed for me and CK. Now i gotta play him and he isnt around. :(

Top Bottom