• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

dcx my game w/ Duce was sent into overtime on the final play of regulation with a TD pass and then the game was won with an 88 yard TD run in OT! Your game can't top that unless CB gets a safety on you to send it into OT!

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
ColdBlooded33 said:
and he didnt fumble!

That's a first. Foster not putting the ball on the ground!? Unheard of. So retarded the way they have him rated in this game but his stats end up about how they are in real life at the end lol. Sucks.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
vumpler said:
That's a first. Foster not putting the ball on the ground!? Unheard of. So retarded the way they have him rated in this game but his stats end up about how they are in real life at the end lol. Sucks.

Check his stats for week 7 :)

Fifty

Here's how good of a sport I am. I just lost a heartbreaking game against DaddyZ, and I'm still objective enough to call it the best game of the season. Not my best mind you, but the best I've been involved in. I walked around my apartment for about a minute frustrated as hell when I ran out of time (I was driving trying to tie it with a FG) but after I calmed down I've gotta say that was a great game. I'll take 100 losses like that before I take another BS game like the Lions game. I should never have let someone play that for me.

I think I partially figured out the lag situation. I don't know who this applies to, but it seems to apply to me. I wasn't connecting with him at all...getting the same message I got against CK, but then I disconnected my router (pain in the ass) and I was able to connect and play flawlessly. Maybe you should try this as well CK.

fifty im resetting your game with the lions. the more i think about it the more it pisses me off that 2 "buddies" are playing each other in league games in that fashion.

lions owner (vumps buddy!) you can direct your anger towards me, but bottom line is that game was an abomination with 500 yards by 1 receiver. i trust you understand where i'm coming from

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Then you should reset the last Cards game too and let someone else play it :p

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Fifty said:
I think I partially figured out the lag situation. I don't know who this applies to, but it seems to apply to me. I wasn't connecting with him at all...getting the same message I got against CK, but then I disconnected my router (pain in the ass) and I was able to connect and play flawlessly. Maybe you should try this as well CK.

I've mentioned that to CK before, as my "lag" does seem to be better when I disconnect the router and plug straight in. I asked him to try that out, but with his siblings around, using the connection for school, didn't want to. I think it went something like that. I do wish he'd try it out at least once, he might be surprised. Or not.

ianswoody

Hey y'all. I won't be able to play my game this week as I'm in Georgia right now and will be in Charleston, SC till Friday the 13th. I'll definitely be able to make up those games though if you deem alright. Otherwise, I don't mind if someone wants to play as me to keep the league going. PEACE.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Heck I'll be the Cards owner.

Im used to playing with shit ass teams and it is more legit if he puts up those numbers against me or someone else than his friend.

Stats were screwed bigtime,but im not sure if Fifty was totally screwed.He asked me to play,what if I had lost ?

I'm still all for Fifty being able to play his game over cause those starts were just wtf and I want as total sim league as much as you fmt.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Lol i'm so sick of the bullshit banter going on over these games, reset my game like you want fmt to make all you happy and i'll replay the damn game, lets go.

Lonestar

ianswoody said:
Hey y'all. I won't be able to play my game this week as I'm in Georgia right now and will be in Charleston, SC till Friday the 13th. I'll definitely be able to make up those games though if you deem alright. Otherwise, I don't mind if someone wants to play as me to keep the league going. PEACE.

hahaha, I'm supposed to play you this week...and I'm in Georgia! Co-Op Game, with REAL LIFE GAF DRAMA Afterwards. It'll be on YouTube under "Madden Cheese Knife Fight"

bluemax

Banned
Anyone know what's up with bonsevan? I imed him the other night and he was busy with school work, which is cool but I haven't heard back from him since...

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Heck I'll be the Cards owner.

Im used to playing with shit ass teams and it is more legit if he puts up those numbers against me or someone else than his friend.

Stats were screwed bigtime,but im not sure if Fifty was totally screwed.He asked me to play,what if I had lost ?

I'm still all for Fifty being able to play his game over cause those starts were just wtf and I want as total sim league as much as you fmt.
I can fill in too if someone needs a west coaster.

bluemax said:
Anyone know what's up with bonsevan? I imed him the other night and he was busy with school work, which is cool but I haven't heard back from him since...
busy playing rooflesball with his buddy.

CB3

Rorschach said:
:lol :lol I just noticed the weekly awards...sorry, fmt, I fixed it.

Rors, if your gonna be subbing for the Cards, lets play. My frustration level has reaching an all-time high. I need to let it off

DMczaf

I dont know how the **** I got the win vs. MaestroRyan, but Ill take it!

I stole that game, simple as that.

P.S.- I HATE RUNNING QBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111

that bitch snuck up on me, maybe I should do some scouting :lol

Rorschach

Damn...note to self: don't let dirt warner throw when you're clearly controlling the game. :(

Lost the game in the span of less than a minute pretty much. 2 picks returned for TDs. :'(

Cold: you forgot 2 fumbles and -9 yards for delhomme ;b

Lonestar

DMczaf said:
I dont know how the **** I got the win vs. MaestroRyan, but Ill take it!

I stole that game, simple as that.

P.S.- I HATE RUNNING QBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111

that bitch snuck up on me, maybe I should do some scouting :lol

He's got a T-Jack avatar for Pete's Sake!

hgplayer1

LiveWire said:
yo hg I'm back from Dallas. I'm around all night tonight and most of tomorrow. Lemme know.

how about Saturday around 4 PM CST?

if not I pretty much have the rest of the night to play too.

LiveWire

hgplayer1 said:
how about Saturday around 4 PM CST?

if not I pretty much have the rest of the night to play too.

Can you play at all before then? If not I can play late Sat night (11PM EST) or after the Cowboys-Eagles game tomorrow night.

Zep

Banned
Wellington said:
Matrix, Daddy, Fifty, which one of you is home today? I want to try and get all these games in between today and tomorrow.

Im here...would like to play soon tho!?

MaestroRyan said:
Shawnwhann beat me with some major cheese

Here we go again. Dude we discussed this yesterday, but here you go trying to start something here.

If what you define major cheese is purposely not running the ball in the end zone to kneel out the remaining time to win from a last second field goal, it guess that is cheese. Don't be mad I outsmarted you and guranteed my win from a chipshot field goal. There is no way in hell I was going to give you a last minute drive with Michael Vick Jr. to scramble ad naseum to hit receivers on crossing patterns. Look at the gamecast folks, it will tell the story.

"Major cheese" :lol :lol

Shawnwhann said:
Here we go again. Dude we discussed this yesterday, but here you go trying to start something here.

If what you define major cheese is purposely not running the ball in the end zone to kneel out the remaining time to win from a last second field goal, it guess that is cheese. Don't be mad I outsmarted you and guranteed my win from a chipshot field goal. There is no way in hell I was going to give you a last minute drive with Michael Vick Jr. to scramble ad naseum to hit receivers on crossing patterns. Look at the gamecast folks, it will tell the story.

"Major cheese" :lol :lol

I wouldn't call it major cheese. Just tactical play, although I dont think anybody in real life would ever not score the TD. Just my two cents.

MaestroRyan said:
i understand my offense can be unstoppable when i want to be. but michael vick jr? the guy has 78 speed and has a higher accuracy rating than Vick, you can call him little Cpep if you'd like. BUT NOT THE VICK TRASH

Your offense is only a probelm when the game is as laggy as it is, and when you can scramble at leisure out the pocket when you pass the ball.I dont care what his stats are, he is fast enough to be played like he is Vick Jr. and that was how you played with him. Dont forget all the help you had with this game. Block Xtra point, chipshot field goal that did not connect because of said lag, if you are real with yourself you know you should have lost by more than 3 points. No more drama kids!!

BTW I have full confidence in my ability to stop any last second drives. The lag makes it impossible to play precise defense when needed. I took that into account while I did my play calling on offense and defense. You're ok, but I have definately played and beat better. Real talk!!

So basically you were worried your power ranking rating would go down and were trying to justify losing so that it wouldnt? Those things aren't a big deal. Fun to read, but I wouldn't be overly worried about them.

hgplayer1

LiveWire said:
Can you play at all before then? If not I can play late Sat night (11PM EST) or after the Cowboys-Eagles game tomorrow night.

well Im still at work so I guess we can try for tonight. if that doesnt work out then Im sure Ill be able to play after the Cowboys game tomorrow.

DMczaf

I hate T-Jack, forced me to play manual QB Spy instead of covering the passing lanes.

It was a good warm up though for the REAL QB Bitch. I HATE YOU VICK!

Matrix

Wellington said:
Matrix, Daddy, Fifty, which one of you is home today? I want to try and get all these games in between today and tomorrow.

I cant play today,I got my nephew over till my sis picks him up.

I'm free tommorow night 7pm eastern on.

CB3

From CP:

I go to enter my stats for the week 5 cheesefest and see the Cards were taken from me.

I could never get ahold of my week 4 opponent... Did the Cards get taken from me because I turned off aim when Vumpler wouldn't leave me the *** alone and I had a *** load of school work due the next day... Even after I told him 50 times I was too busy and we'd have to schedule a time for later when it worked for the both of us? He told me he would absolutely not be able to play the rest of the week, so I didn't even bother trying to contact him again. Was going to ask FMT to just give us a tie, until the game could be played, the next time I saw him on. I'm sure Vumpler filled you guys in on our conversation. Jesus *** christ.

Thanks for dumping me so quick from the league. *** lame.

LiveWire said:
DOLPHINS OWNER: Contact me when you're free to play. AIM: Atreides815 GT: DJ Demon J

Your friends list is full. I can play right now or sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening.

AIM: mmlemayau
XBL: dammitmattt

Top Bottom