• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Almost feel like forfeiting my games against DCX, Cloudy, BigZep, malleymal, and mmlemay.

I'm in the same boat. I don't know why but I am getting lag against almost everyone, regardless of where they are. It did get better as the game progressed with Ian, but still, it is shit.

Rorschach said:
Yeah...rather just lose without the frustration and dragged out boredom. I have played some horrible games (ask CK!) in terms of lag, but my game against sableholic made me want to tear my hair out...it almost made me dizzy because it's not the "ok, everything is just slo-mo" type of lag, it was the super spikey kind where everything would stutter for me. Yet, somehow, he was doing just fine...

Well, I'd rather not win than sit through that horror again...and you're an even more special case since you have a qb that can run faster than anyone on my defense.

I'm not saying I won't play, though, I'm just frustrated with EA's piss poor efforts in the next gen side of things. Even the fatigue issue wasn't really completely fixed...not that it should have even been there in the first place. I had such high esteem for tiburon. :(

Where do you live? I haven't had any real lag against anyone in the central or east time zones.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
He lives out in Cali.

And he needs to fix his rush attempts for his last game. Unless he DID run the ball 83 times.

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
He lives out in Cali.

And he needs to fix his rush attempts for his last game. Unless he DID run the ball 83 times.
Maybe I did!

And yeah, I live in SoCal. No problems with west coast people and only slight lag with mountain people. Beyond that, it's been pretty bad. I can play PGR with 4 people on different continents, but I can't play 1v1 Madden against someone in the same country. :\

Anyone have NBALive for the 360? I'm curious to know how that plays with people across the country. 2K7 does great most of the time.

Fifty

Finally got a chance to catch up on the thread. Matrix and CK playing thursday?! I can't let that happen! I have to stand up for myself!

...I'll be in Toronto in time for that game. Matrix, this dance is mine. CK, I can play you whenever you wanted to play Matrix. You aren't clear in this thread if 6 eastern or "anytime past 10" works best, so PM me with your preference.

Once I get back on thursday I should be staying in T.O for the near future. If my game with Bonsevan didn't get played then I'll deal with that as well.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
Finally got a chance to catch up on the thread. Matrix and CK playing thursday?! I can't let that happen! I have to stand up for myself!

...I'll be in Toronto in time for that game. Matrix, this dance is mine. CK, I can play you whenever you wanted to play Matrix. You aren't clear in this thread if 6 eastern or "anytime past 10" works best, so PM me with your preference.

Once I get back on thursday I should be staying in T.O for the near future. If my game with Bonsevan didn't get played then I'll deal with that as well.

Dammit! :D

Anytime Thursday is good, chummmmmmmmp.

Make sure and brush up on my gamecasts. I've got something for those that do.

Mrbob

I'd like to make a motion to see if we can open up all the weeks so we can get this league done.

The patch destroys all your save files, so my franchise, superstar is all gone now and madden gamer level back to 1. This really has me steamed but the only reason I kept the game is to finish the league. Once the league season 1 is over I'm getting rid of this game.

no bob we aren't opening the league. be patient and finish the league! we're approaching the halfway point and i've reduced the # of days to advance. chill out and try not to harp on the bad things. we have to work with what we have!

maestro no it wasn't. i just put the Tie in as a placeholder. the week is still "open" so play your game asap

FrenchMovieTheme said:
no bob we aren't opening the league. be patient and finish the league! we're approaching the halfway point and i've reduced the # of days to advance. chill out and try not to harp on the bad things. we have to work with what we have!

maestro no it wasn't. i just put the Tie in as a placeholder. the week is still "open" so play your game asap

Just clarifying, did you mean you further reduced the # of days to advance or is it still 5? Also could you update the league front page so it says the new end date for this week, still says the 2nd. Thanks sorry for being a pain.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:

Phew,cause I just realized I have CK the following week using my Texans.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
Phew,cause I just realized I have CK the following week using my Texans.

That just means you can run but you can't hide, bucko.

I love our division, I am glad it's the three of us in it and no losers like DM or Bob or something.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Zep

Banned
CP was telling me on XBL how your a creampuff in madden. Said your a fluke just like in NCAA...His words, not mine.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
ROFL. We'll see when it's 55-0 and I get kicked out of the league :lol :lol :lol :lol

Lonestar

Wellington said:
That just means you can run but you can't hide, bucko.

I love our division, I am glad it's the three of us in it and no losers like DM or Bob or something.

At least you didn't say my name. Remember, I tried to get into your division!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Mrbob said:
I'd like to make a motion to see if we can open up all the weeks so we can get this league done.

The patch destroys all your save files, so my franchise, superstar is all gone now and madden gamer level back to 1. This really has me steamed but the only reason I kept the game is to finish the league. Once the league season 1 is over I'm getting rid of this game.

What!?!?!?!?!? That patch killed my gamer level and everythign I had already accomplished in the game for the last two months (almost)???? What a crock!!

Lonestar

Truelize said:
What!?!?!?!?!? That patch killed my gamer level and everythign I had already accomplished in the game for the last two months (almost)???? What a crock!!

Shiiiit, I didn't need no STINKIN Patch for the game to magically erase my profile and saves! It did that weeks ago. And has repeated that same "SKILZ" about 3 times now.

Madden Gamerlevel 4, FOR GREAT JUSTICE.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Just for reference, FMT is still scared to face me. I dont get it. Its like a WWE Angle

The WWE Champion (Who happens to be a heel) acts all big and tough. The upcoming face (who is clearly better) wants a shot at the champ. The Heel (knowing he will lose) Tries his best to delay the inevitable by saying things like "Your shot will come eventually. Wait till Summerslam!"

We all know how this turns out

Just incase you dont know what will happen, just think of me as John Cena. Now you know what will happen

I wont stop till you face me you coward!

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
pretty sure i've beaten you 4 straight times. i will do it again

Using the Bills and Panthers. Those dont even count.

You want NONE of Reggie Brown. NONE

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
bluemax said:
Anyone got the Lions owners screen name? I'd like to get this weeks game in tonight...

You could always check league daddy for his screen name like youre supposed to
iconeeknq0.gif

Lonestar

I'm not very good at games where you look for Sailors.

God Damn Sailors....

WHERE THE **** ARE YOU?

r_shenmueii_01%5B1%5D.jpg

Matrix

F-ing A CONEX!

I'll take over some Packers games if I have to FMT.

AZ Greg

You played great D Cloudy I'll give you that. My O sucks this year and I got two lucky bombs, thats it. I wouldn't have minded losing especially the way I played. What makes me angry is stopping the run just to have you do your little rollout to the right with Plummer and throw a jump pass over the middle that is caught in double or triple coverage at too high of a rate. Plummer had 14 completions and I'd say 12 or 13 were jump balls. I even remember other people complaining about it and FMT telling you to try and tone it down. After playing you in both versions though it does make sense why you are liking this years.

Don't worry I won't bail and I'll play my games, just a little heated. :)

Rorschach

****...if someone like matrix fills in for the panthers, I'm ****ed.
I can fill in for the Packers. I'll even let Rodgers start, FMT!!!!

Everyone on Konex' schedule: Let's all quit after playing Konex...it'll be funny.

[edit] Nevermind! See you in week 7, sir!

CB3

What makes me angry is stopping the run just to have you do your little rollout to the right with Plummer and throw a jump pass over the middle that is caught in double or triple coverage at too high of a rate.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Plummer Roll-Out Strikes again!

Its funny because i know exactly what play your talking about. I know exactly what play it is in the playbook also. Its just hard as **** to stop even if you know its coming

Cloudy

Banned
You want me to stay in the pocket and get sacked? If you blitz, I'm gonna get outta there, man :lol

Don't quit dude, you're not a bad player...

Top Bottom