• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
MaestroRyan said:
I understand DM's comments. It's alright buddy.

But considering how well I did against DM, I'm willing to bet I can beat anyone from here and out. Ready to suck it, bitches?

;)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
CP should be let back in if thats all true,wtf.

Matrix said:
CP should be let back in if thats all true,wtf.

Agreed

MaestroRyan said:
I understand DM's comments. It's alright buddy.

But considering how well I did against DM, I'm willing to bet I can beat anyone from here and out. Ready to suck it, bitches?

I hope you win most of the rest of your games for the season, otherwise you'll look kinda stupid.

DMczaf

MaestroRyan said:
When PS3 comes out, is there going to be a PS3 league? Or could we please keep Madden 360 only? I don't want to miss out :(

Even if we wanted to, Sony and their low shipments will kill any chance of a PS3 league.

Lonestar

DMczaf said:
Even if we wanted to, Sony and their low shipments will kill any chance of a PS3 league.

Correct Answer. I have no clue when I'd even bother to get one. March?

DMczaf

DaddyZ said:

If only he had will to put his foot down to end the game....its too bad he has the heart of A-Rod when it comes to winning time!!

ohsnapqu3.gif

ARTIFICIAL
DRAMA!

Cloudy

Banned
Tru we can replay that game later. I got no option to continue and I want stats not just a win. Hopefully you'll take the game seriously from the start next time...

Zep

Banned
Cloudy said:
Tru we can replay that game later. I got no option to continue and I want stats not just a win. Hopefully you'll take the game seriously from the start next time...

Aw Shit...This here is real drama!

dudes i have NO PROBLEM letting CP keep the cards. I never "took" them from him anyways, just filling in. this is what happens when you constantly get banned! the least he could've done would be to message me on XBL.

i will tell everyone right now if i don't hear from you for over a week (and i'm not saying if you dont play in over a week, im saying if you make no contact at all) i'm going to assume you're flaking out. i would say my bad, but bottom line is you have to make a LITTLE effort to make me aware of what is going on. when you just disappear and don't leave me a message anywhere then i don't have much to go on. i will talk to him later.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well I just got RAPED by Konex.

I gave him a couple of scores in the first half cause I got a frustrating phone call in the first quarter and was tanking the game. But I played honest ball in the second half and it didn't make much difference.
The lag is this game is horribly frustrating though, I can't get a pass to go faster than a duck at all anymore. It might be me though. But the lag benifits the run so much, as soon as I start running it's easy to get yards but it's only because of the lag not because I'm any good at this game.

But gg Konex, sorry I was being a dink in the first half. Just been a frustrating last three months.

To let everyone know, this is what has happened in my life since June 10th this year.

June 10th - baby boy Ryder is born. YES!! Awesome thing
June 22nd - I ruptured my left bicep tendon (tore my left bicep off my elbow)
June 29th - had bicep surgically repaired
* I was working as a general contractor, so since this injury I have not worked. I have been living off of borrowed money since June 22nd, hard to keep the spirits up*
July 14th - Grandmas cancer comes back, family goes stressed
August - feeling pretty down, still in a cast till the 19th
September 25th- wake up ready to start working out and getting back into shape and getting things done and.... break my foot. So now I can't workout upper body or do any work that requires any lifting and now I can't freakin walk. lol
September 29th - get a job that would pay me about 15,000 more a year than my last job putting my family in an excellent situation.
October 2nd - job falls through cause company decides to just promote from within
October 7th - get a phone call during first quarter of game with Konex and wife tells me the tranmission in our PT Cruiser has died and she is stranded a halfhour outta the town where her parents live. Not a huge deal, they go pick her up. But my wife doesn't ever remember to check any fluids in vehicles, if this is actually a transmission thing than it is the second time she has done this to one of our cars (I havent checked cause I never drive that car anymore). So I'm pretty upset about that situation and seeing as I'm not working yet I'm not really excited about the $800-$1000 it's gonna cost to fix it.

So that is how things have been going for me lately. I have never felt a run of poor luck like this in my life. It's been exhausting.

I know this isn't a blog but I felt bad cause I played like a jerk during my game with Konex and now I understand it didn't even give him the option to keep playing the computer when it dropped our game. He was up like 72-23 or something stupid like that too.

Cloudy

Banned
It was Plummer's first good game in a while :( Most of the scores were special teams and defense though. Or INTs in his 20 and such leading to TD runs..

PS: I was kinda pissed @ Tru for the first half so I was running it up a bit tho :lol

TheDuce22

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
dcx my game w/ Duce was sent into overtime on the final play of regulation with a TD pass and then the game was won with an 88 yard TD run in OT! Your game can't top that unless CB gets a safety on you to send it into OT!

I cant believe I threw that pass that you ran back for a TD. I had a bad feeling when I picked the play and I saw your guy sitting there when I threw it. It was like fate. At least the game was fun, unlike playing DM who runs literally 99% of the time and succeeds because of the rules you set up (no spreading the line). How is that realistic? You could be in goalline defense the entire time and he would still run every play and still probably win.

Zep

Banned
TheDuce22 said:
At least the game was fun, unlike playing DM who runs literally 99% of the time and succeeds because of the rules you set up (no spreading the line). How is that realistic? You could be in goalline defense the entire time and he would still run every play and still probably win.

:lol No more artifical drama DM...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Not drama, i just hate how CARNELL runs like LT. This is how it goes when i play him

*Hand off to Carnell at the 40 yard line*

*Dan Morgan tackles him at the 39*

Somehow Carnell ends up at like the 34 yard line

*Hand off to Carnell at the 34 yard line*

*Kris Jenkins tackles Carnell behind the line of scrimmage*

Somehow Carnell ends up with a 2 yard gain.

GAH!

DMczaf

TheDuce22 said:
I cant believe I threw that pass that you ran back for a TD. I had a bad feeling when I picked the play and I saw your guy sitting there when I threw it. It was like fate. At least the game was fun, unlike playing DM who runs literally 99% of the time and succeeds because of the rules you set up (no spreading the line). How is that realistic? You could be in goalline defense the entire time and he would still run every play and still probably win.

How would spreading the line help you when I was just running the ball up the gut? What, you want me to get MORE yards?!

I had the lead, its my job to protect the lead. I never milked the clock, i just made sure the clock was always moving by avoiding incomplete passes/INTs. So you are saying Im supposed to pass the ball, when I have the lead because what? Because you cant stop the run? If I feel my QB can cost me the game at any point because of how inaccurate he is, I'm not going to pass the ball. Even if you stuck me in a 3rd and 9 or whatever, I was going to run the ball. Simple as that.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Zep

Banned
DMczaf said:
How would spreading the line help you when I was just running the ball up the gut? What, you want me to get MORE yards?!

I had the lead, its my job to protect the lead. I never milked the clock, i just made sure the clock was always moving by avoiding incomplete passes/INTs. So you are saying Im supposed to pass the ball, when I have the lead because what? Because you cant stop the run? If I feel my QB can cost me the game at any point because of how inaccurate he is, I'm not going to pass the ball. Even if you stuck me in a 3rd and 9 or whatever, I was going to run the ball. Simple as that.

Translation: Duce your garbage, suck it up.

TheDuce22

Banned
My problem was nobody can stop the run. I dont think its possible. I was in 46, 4-3 or goalline for basically the entire game. I tried blitzing, zone, shifting linebackers, crashing to one side. You name it I tried it. What else would you suggest I do? Spreading the line would have helped slow it down, ive played enough ranked matches to know that. The guys come off their blocks quicker. The lack of gang tackling and some of those bullshit animations are enough to balance out any benefit you get from spreading the line. That rule needs to go away. Also dont you think its a bit rediculous to have like a 10% - 90% pass to run ratio in a sim league.

DM anychance you would want to play a game for fun one time. I just want to see what all the hubbub is about. I kinda wanna play some more of the top players and some of them aren't on my schedule, see FMT, dm, etc. Maybe thats a good thing as it still leaves me the element of suprise if I do make it all the way. Probably a big if though, lots of tough players.

bluemax

Banned
I'd like to petition for a new AFC offensive player of the week for week 6:

LT, 14 carries, 118 yards and 3 TDs. Would've had more but for whatever reason he was subbed out by the computer in the first half after 1 carry (no idea why) and I took him out half way through the fourth quarter in a show of sportsmanship. If it wasn't for this he would've had 5 rushing TDs (Turner got the other two).

Take that Cadillac!

Also that was the laggiest game I've played yet.

Rorschach

TheDuce22 said:
My problem was nobody can stop the run. I dont think its possible. I was in 46, 4-3 or goalline for basically the entire game. I tried blitzing, zone, shifting linebackers, crashing to one side. You name it I tried it. What else would you suggest I do? Spreading the line would have helped slow it down, ive played enough ranked matches to know that. The guys come off their blocks quicker. The lack of gang tackling and some of those bullshit animations are enough to balance out any benefit you get from spreading the line. That rule needs to go away. Also dont you think its a bit rediculous to have like a 10% - 90% pass to run ratio in a sim league.
DM is cake once you realize what he's doing. And yes, the run can definitely be stopped unless it's against Washington or San Diego. Spreading the line would be inneffective against a run up the gut...that's like asking him to break away and get more yards...

As far as it being realistic, he has a great defense and a subpar offense (especially in the QB position), his best strategy would be ball control and minimalizing turnovers. His overrated defense will win it for him. :p

DM is just lucky (I bet he thanks the football gods every night) that I'm not on his schedule. He might be the first to ever go underfeated.

Rorschach said:
DM is cake once you realize what he's doing. And yes, the run can definitely be stopped unless it's against Washington or San Diego. Spreading the line would be inneffective against a run up the gut...that's like asking him to break away and get more yards...

As far as it being realistic, he has a great defense and a subpar offense (especially in the QB position), his best strategy would be ball control and minimalizing turnovers. His overrated defense will win it for him. :p

DM is just lucky (I bet he thanks the football gods every night) that I'm not on his schedule. He might be the first to ever go underfeated.

I bet the Dolphins would beg to differ. He shut me down completely. Not sure if I was off or he was just really on, but I could get nothing going against him. That said I think the run can be stopped, I don't think 46 works well for it though.

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
All talk, and no action.

Lets take this to the FIELD!
Gotta play Jobber in a few or else I'd p'zone you right now.

sableholic said:
I bet the Dolphins would beg to differ. He shut me down completely. Not sure if I was off or he was just really on, but I could get nothing going against him. That said I think the run can be stopped, I don't think 46 works well for it though.
:lol Yeah, but you only attempted to run 7 times...4.4 avg is not bad...

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:

Run can be stopped against SD :-(

You just gotta load 9 guys in the box and blitz!

He might be the first to ever go underfeated.

ill tell you right now there is no way i'm letting that son of a bitch go undefeated. i don't care whether i am undefeated at the time or not, week 13 you're going down dmcfraudzaf!

Lonestar

Rorschach said:

Well, I do have him last game of the year. Should be an interesting game. Who'll Run and milk the clock more, Caddy or Alexander the Great?

all out blitzing isn't that great against the run, because as duce said all the RB has to do is get to the 2nd level and its essentially a free TD. the thing to remember about the run game is to be patient and not "turbo" all over the field. if someone rips off a 15 yarder on you fine. let him have his new set of downs and regroup. every few drives you may take an "all out" blitz shot at catching the offense in a 5 yard loss (and thereby dictating how the rest of the series is run, since most people wont run it again on 2nd and 15).

it is also imperative that you make the "safe" tackle a good deal of the time. it is awfully tempted to use the hit stick exclusively to make tackles. hit stick is a viable option when you are desperate for a turnover or when you have the runner dead to rights, it is not wise in other situations. using X to tackle is much safer and you still have a chance to make the strip.

the last thing i can say about playing good run D is the angles. take proper angles when going after a RB or else a 10 yard gain turns into an 80 yard TD. don't gamble away an entire drive because you are trying to makeup for a missed tackle earlier. again, be patient, have some confidence in your defense. eventually you WILL get the offense into a 3rd and Passing situation, and then you can roll out some of the more exotic pass defenses you've been waiting to use!

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
Well, I do have him last game of the year. Should be an interesting game. Who'll Run and milk the clock more, Caddy or Alexander the Great?
Hasselbeck will call to you.

AZ Greg: please get back at me about our game. I'm available tomorrow in between and after football and monday most of the day.

Well that defense certainly is stifling. I think I gave up at about the 2nd quarter. Hence the fake punt, all out passing game I was playing. I really gotta stop passing in the first half except on 3rd downs. It doesn't fool anybody and it just ends up screwing my game up. Oh and where do you live dm? Laggiest game I have ever played. Oh and Randle El is crazy.

Edit: Las Vegas, thatll do it.

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
ill tell you right now there is no way i'm letting that son of a bitch go undefeated. i don't care whether i am undefeated at the time or not, week 13 you're going down dmcfraudzaf!
Don't worry, you'll both lose to me...

DCX

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:

a_williams_508.jpg

Lonestar

ugh, that game had the feeling of preconcieved victoly for HG. A wacky animation that leads to a 78 yard TD pass, a BLAH INT ran back on me for 800 yards! Oh, and I get a Pick, looks like a Pick 6, Terry Glenn catches up to me....and Herndon fumbles, they recover at the 6 yard line. PreDestined to lose. But, Got some yards and a TD for #37 :(

hgplayer1

Lonestar said:
ugh, that game had the feeling of preconcieved victoly for HG. A wacky animation that leads to a 78 yard TD pass, a BLAH INT ran back on me for 800 yards! Oh, and I get a Pick, looks like a Pick 6, Terry Glenn catches up to me....and Herndon fumbles, they recover at the 6 yard line. PreDestined to lose. But, Got some yards and a TD for #37 :(

yeah that was definitely one of those predetermined games. you forgot to mention how lag free it was. that was the fastest online game ive played i think.

Lonestar

shitty way of saying "Congratulations, you won a Lag Free Game! Here's your reward, it's a Castration!!! With a Dull Spoon!!!"

Top Bottom