• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Ror's will always be my greatest Rival. Fire Swords and 102 yard INT returns, FOR GREAT BRUTALITY!

And I think the Week 8 matchup of the week should be me and Fifty. Look at the comparison! It's like we're the same team. #2 and #3 against the run, # 18 and #19 against the pass. 0.2 points of scoring difference per game and 0.5 points of scoring defense apart! Even the ranking has us as #13 and #14 overall!

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Rors is pretty underrated, I've always said that! He's the best rusher in the league, and he has a ridiculous vertical threat with Moss-man.
Thanks, but it's supposed to be a secret! ;b Though, this year, they underrated Fargas and Moss takes plays off (iss soo reaaaal). :\

Have you guys ever seen that animation where the ball is being delivered in the exact right spot and the receiver just runs away from the ball when it gets close to them? I thought maybe he had a phobia of footballs. He'll do this about 1 out of every 3 plays no matter the fatigue. It's funny against the AI, but it's frustrating online. I can record it if you guys haven't seen this.

Lonestar said:
Ror's will always be my greatest Rival. Fire Swords and 102 yard INT returns, FOR GREAT BRUTALITY!
:lol That's going down in the anals of GAF history. Ultimate Karmarific user pick.

PS: AZ GREG WHERE IS YOU?! I haven't seen you on aim and you won't answer my PMs...I have seen you on the forum, though. :(

Anybody know whats up with malleymal? Just wondering cause I noticed he hasn't played some of his previous games still and I got him after my bye.

Fifty

Well, I think he's banned. And he was out of town recently...not a good match. Anyway, he AIMed me asking if I could tell Matrix and CP that he's able to play tonight or tomorrow past 9 pm eastern.

I'd contact him on his AIM "Mr Black NJ"

Fifty said:
Well, I think he's banned. And he was out of town recently...not a good match. Anyway, he AIMed me asking if I could tell Matrix and CP that he's able to play tonight or tomorrow past 9 pm eastern.

I'd contact him on his AIM "Mr Black NJ"

CP is banned as well so he won't be able to read that message. I don't need to play him yet so I wasn't concerned, just stating.

Fifty

They're both very bad people. Very very bad. If this was the NFL they'd be kicked out by now. They're the Ricky Williamses of our league. We need a GA CFL where banned players can play.

williams_ricky250.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
They're both very bad people. Very very bad. If this was the NFL they'd be kicked out by now. They're the Ricky Williamses of our league. We need a GA CFL where banned players can play.

williams_ricky250.jpg

Yo, I know your Ravens play tonight, but I want to give our game one last shot. After forwarding the ports and doing the DMZ thing for our game I did not restart the 360. I did for my game with Matrix and as you know it was flawless. Maybe we could try it late tonight, I want to give DaddyZ a shot to see how it is since he lives a bit farther from me than Matrix does (South Joisey).

PS only reason I want to play you instead of Matrix with the Ravens is that I fear him with that team. He gave me the worst loss I have ever experienced in my years of Madden. :(

AZ Greg

Sorry Rorschach, been a little busy with class work and I just saw your PM. I have one more class today so I'll be home for the day about 3:30pm MST. I can play anytime after that. Post a time here that works for you or let me know on AIM.

Fifty

Wellington said:
Yo, I know your Ravens play tonight, but I want to give our game one last shot. After forwarding the ports and doing the DMZ thing for our game I did not restart the 360. I did for my game with Matrix and as you know it was flawless. Maybe we could try it late tonight, I want to give DaddyZ a shot to see how it is since he lives a bit farther from me than Matrix does (South Joisey).

PS only reason I want to play you instead of Matrix with the Ravens is that I fear him with that team. He gave me the worst loss I have ever experienced in my years of Madden. :(

A) You can play DaddyZ during the MNF if you want. No way I'm missing the game

B) You just said you fear Matrix more with the Ravens than me. I don't know whether my anger makes me want to play you more or less

If we're both around after MNF then maybe I'll play you... maybeHowever, since it's an old(er) week and there's no real time frame on it my priority will be the 2K7 game with Dsal..if you're both on. Ok I've gotta run. Good luck with Z.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"B) You just said you fear Matrix more with the Ravens than me. I don't know whether my anger makes me want to play you more or less"

:lol

I do play a better with better teams :( Only thing is I know if I would have to play Fifty's game Id have too much pressure on me and f up.I already had Fifty bitch at me and I didnt even play with the team :lol

As for my lovely Texans...
7 in a row losing streak coming up or more,my schedule is brutal.

Rorschach

AZ Greg said:
Sorry Rorschach, been a little busy with class work and I just saw your PM. I have one more class today so I'll be home for the day about 3:30pm MST. I can play anytime after that. Post a time here that works for you or let me know on AIM.
It's cool. Anytime after this post would be good. Hopefully, before MNF.

[edit] I don't see you on AIM or the forum and I have an NBA game to play, so I'm gonna play that right now. Maybe we can play after that.

AkaBalla

vumpler said:
aka when do you want to get our game in? I'm free any time tomorrow after 4pm cst

Tomorrow @ 5:30 pm est.. ?? Whats ur gamertag? I'll add you and be on my XBL @ 5 est...

Everyone My computer just shit the fan. SO i'm waiting for my new computer to come in in about 2-3 weeks. I wont be able to use aim much so please just bare with me with scheduling..........

Rorschach

I see you on the forum, but not on AIM, AZGreg. Maybe you have non-buddies turned off. Seriously...get back at me even if it's to say you can't play today....

AIM = hawakubo, btw

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
whatever router thing you were talking about, with Matrix's game or something.

But really, it was just an excuse to pay homage to The Goaline.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
whoooo lost again,raped by the Chiefs.

The losing streak begins.

Rorschach

GG AZ Greg That was such a lucky catch at the end to win it :( I pressed A, but no friggin animation!

Randy Moss is dead to me. DEAD!

Keep taking plays off, asshole! >:|

AZ Greg

Rorschach said:
GG AZ Greg That was such a lucky catch at the end to win it :( I pressed A, but no friggin animation!

Randy Moss is dead to me. DEAD!

Keep taking plays off, asshole! >:|

GG. Yeah I got lucky in the end, I thought for sure he wouldn't even touch it, or at least drop it like all my other WR's were doing. :\

Also, that was the least laggiest game I have played online. Wow, it's like a completely different game, win or lose I was having fun. EA needs to get their shit together!

AZ Greg said:
GG. Yeah I got lucky in the end, I thought for sure he wouldn't even touch it, or at least drop it like all my other WR's were doing. :\

Also, that was the least laggiest game I have played online. Wow, it's like a completely different game, win or lose I was having fun. EA needs to get their shit together!

Last second touchdown??

Rorschach said:
Chuck down the field (because I was dumb and went 4 and out) to a double covered guy which led to a last second FG. He won by 3.

Ah damn that does suck. Usually the cbs knock it down, but hey its farves specialty so why not.

Matrix

I dont want to ever use the ****ing vision cone again,with my sad as **** O-line I have no time to even use it right so I end up flat on my ass.Thats why I cant pass in this version,other versions the Texans atleast gave me some protection.

I was sacked like 6 times in my game with Malley and every time I went to throw I had intense pressure on me,without the cone I can just throw and not have to worry about this shit.I think Malley understands where Im coming from cause he said he doesnt want me to use it next game with him.

And yea I do have the cone set up already with the player I want,but if hes covered I dont have enough time to switch it off him.

You people should feel bad for me!

*runs away*

My 3 wins are total bs fluke crap.

LiveWire

mmlemay said:
Thanks for backing me up guys.

I would also like to add that after dominating him 21-0 for almost three quarters, he had scored two quick touchdowns in the last minute of the 3rd quarter. I was not about to punt and give him the ball back when I was at midfield. Also, later in the drive, I had a 4th and 2 at the 24 and I could've just as easily converted that play. I didn't milk the clock in the 4th quarter AND I kneeled the ball three straight times to end the game. You should've taken advantage of the chances you had earlier in the game but don't be calling me out for cheese because you're pissed about losing. That's Busch league. It's also Busch league to pause the game for two minutes after I converted that fourth down.

First off, I paused the game because I had to piss after drinking my sorrows away during the Redskins pitiful showing in the Meadowlands.

2nd, your play was bullshit. 4th and 1 in Madden is virtually guaranteed--and even if it wasn't, that situation, with our standard of play, calls for a punt. That's why FMT instituted rules like no manual DB blitzing, etc. If Madden 360 had EA's Fair Play (as Madden 2005 had), you wouldn't have been able to go for it in that situation (Fair Play forced a punt on 4th downs in situations where you wouldn't go for it in real life). GAF Madden leagues used Fair Play for several seasons.

Anyway, I'd like to hear FMT's opinion. I'm not calling for a replay of the game, but I think it should be recognized as bad play.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Actually, 4th and 1 is quite stoppable. If you know they are gonna run it, there are a few plays you can run to stop it.

I have noticed that alot of people are using this HB Pitch out of the Goalline formation that, While HARD to stop, not impossible if your really looking for it. The only reason it sucks it that the HB gets the ball so close to the line of scrimmage so quickly.

Anyway, I'd like to hear FMT's opinion. I'm not calling for a replay of the game, but I think it should be recognized as bad play.

i got no problems going for it on 4th and 1 considering the game essentially turns your line to shit if you go for it (which is why i didn't go for it twice against rors and lost the game b/c of it)

while i myself would not have gone for it i wont call it flat out illegal. if the roles were reveresed would you have punted? not being sarcastic about it but i think there are a lot of people in league play who would have just went for it.

Matrix

My post was ignored...HATERS THE LOT OF YOU!

:(

Matrix

Rorschach said:
I read it, but I'm too busy feeling sorry for myself to feel sorry for you. :p Your QB has a better cone, line, and arm than mine.

Carr? Maybe in real life.

Play my week 8 game against FMT for me and get back to me ;)

hgplayer1

:lol looks like we might as well scrap the rules for the league as most people are taking a "shoot now ask questions later" type of approach to questionable play.

bluemax

Banned
sableholic said:
jeez, chiefs on a roll. Do we have the toughest division? that or the AFC east.

AFC East man. We have 3 teams that are division leader capable. I could be 5-1 if I hadn't choked against Konex, plus we have Vumpler who seems to be out of control lately. I'm gonna be sad when I finish with a better record than some of the other division winners and miss the playoffs :-(

Edit: NFC North is good too, wow. And with teams that probably have worse in game ratings. Impressive.

DMczaf

Coach Mike Ditka started the week off by telling the press that "In life, there are teams called Smith, and teams called "Grabowski"....We’re Grabowskis!" The term became a rallying cry for the Bears, who were proud of their blue-collar image in a blue-collar city. Just as they had the week before, the Bears shut out Los Angeles 24-0. They dominated the game and shut down NFL Leading Rusher Eric ***. The NFC Championship game featured some high drama of its own in the final seconds. Down 17-0, Los Angeles was desperately trying to put points on the board. As QB Dieter Brock dropped back to pass, he was sacked by Richard Dent, and fumbled the ball. Just as Wilbur Marshall picked up the ball and ran in for a touchdown, it started to snow. Many surmised it was George Halas giving his mark of approval on the team.

:lol :lol

new week is up! go crazy

also, truelize, konex told me you hate madden now. if you don't want to play in the league just state as such so i can find a replacement. i won't be mad at you chum, but it would help me to know

Matrix

I hate Madden now too :)

Or do I hate the Texans? I cant make up my mind.

Matrix

*tear drop*

I feel like this after every game now

David%20Carr%20grimacing.jpg

Top Bottom