• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

hgplayer1

Rorschach said:
Grats on your first win, HG!

Grats on your first lag free game, Lone! ;b

Thanks!

looks like Im playing DJ possibly tomorrow. saw him logged in on Hexic right after my game with Lone, sent him a msg but never got a reply and now hes gone.

Im having such a good night too. first league win and beat a couple random guys online.

DCX

DCX
Good Game, your passing attack is crazy with Curtis and those cross plays...it seemed like any D wasn't deep enough :lol I had to use dimes and dollars, shit if i had a ten i would have used it!

DCX

changed the schedule a little bit due to lag concerns (me and ck played in an exhibition before, it was terrible)

welcome to my nightmare rors... i think you're gonna like it!!!!!!!1

this is your chance to stop my perfect season

DMczaf

FMT...

batman3.jpg

Have you ever danced with the devil by the pale moon light?

Week 13! ITS COMING!

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
DCX thanks for subing that game for me. I couldn't find anyone online that would so thanks :) Also FMT since I see DCX has taken over the bills as well as his falcons, can I take over zona as well as with natti?

DCX

DCX
vumpler said:
DCX thanks for subing that game for me. I couldn't find anyone online that would so thanks :) Also FMT since I see DCX has taken over the bills as well as his falcons, can I take over zona as well as with natti?
I only played a game i think against Juan with the Bills, i don't know why i still have control over them :p No problem with the sub in game, would love to play you with the Falcons, i think the results would have been different :p Good luck with the rest of your season.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Son of a BITCH!

Well looks like I am screwed here in the league. I can't go off my router, I have all the ports forwarded, and my 360 is the DMZ. No one downloads when I play. I may have to be left out of the league here. I would like to try my games with Daddy Z and Matrix before coming to a decision.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I just woke up Ck,give me like 10 mins and we can try to play.

I need to fully wake up before you kick my ass if the game works.

Wellington said:
Son of a BITCH!

Well looks like I am screwed here in the league. I can't go off my router, I have all the ports forwarded, and my 360 is the DMZ. No one downloads when I play. I may have to be left out of the league here. I would like to try my games with Daddy Z and Matrix before coming to a decision.

What kind of router do you have? Like make and model.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I just had a completely lag free game against Matrix. Amazing.

I have a linksys something or other, let me check the number.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
My team is disgusting and Carr can suck a big fat one.

I kinda wish I had lag,maybe I would have had a chance to win.

My D can suck a big one too,3 forced fumbles and only one time I recover it.

vumpler

Matrix said:

Well look at it this way, no matter how bad you do FMT will still rate you over me :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:

My D is big-time overrated is the problem.

Matrix

I had 6 whole passing yards with Carr.

10 throws when I mangaed to get any off cause my O-line is the awesome and two of them were drops and 1 was an int.

I <3 Madden 360.

Overrated or not you played better than me CK.I just dont know wtf I cant throw in this version,yea the Texans were shit but they were shit in the other versions too.

CerebralPalsy is back and has taken control of the cardinals. Replay your cards-bengals game. and in the future i dont want to see 2 real life buddies filling in for any games (except me and dm! best friends forever!)

vumpler

FrenchMovieTheme said:
CerebralPalsy is back and has taken control of the cardinals. Replay your cards-bengals game. and in the future i dont want to see 2 real life buddies filling in for any games (except me and dm! best friends forever!)

#!@# I just played it with DCX@? omg

Matrix

:lol Now thats funny.

LiveWire

That was some good cheese by the Dolphins owner. Down 21-0, I drive back with 2 TDs late in the 3rd. 21-14. After a short drive by the Dolphins at the beginning of the 4th quarter, I stop him in 3 downs, leaving 4th and 1 on his 44 with over 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Expecting a punt, what do I get? A 4th down conversion attempt.

WTF. Nice cheese asshole. Hope you enjoy the win.

vumpler

LiveWire said:
That was some good cheese by the Dolphins owner. Down 21-0, I drive back with 2 TDs late in the 3rd. 21-14. After a short drive by the Dolphins at the beginning of the 4th quarter, I stop him in 3 downs, leaving 4th and 1 on his 44 with over 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Expecting a punt, what do I get? A 4th down conversion attempt.

WTF. Nice cheese asshole. Hope you enjoy the win.

Nah that's not cheese at all and mmle is the essence of the anti cheese. 4th and 1 on his 44 is not cheese in the least. If he goes for and and doesn't get it, bam you're in a great place to be in, if he gets it good he should have. It's in the 4th and he's going for a definite win as opposed to a potential loss. Very good call.

Matrix

Thats not really cheese,thats a big risk and it payed off.

Thanks for backing me up guys.

I would also like to add that after dominating him 21-0 for almost three quarters, he had scored two quick touchdowns in the last minute of the 3rd quarter. I was not about to punt and give him the ball back when I was at midfield. Also, later in the drive, I had a 4th and 2 at the 24 and I could've just as easily converted that play. I didn't milk the clock in the 4th quarter AND I kneeled the ball three straight times to end the game. You should've taken advantage of the chances you had earlier in the game but don't be calling me out for cheese because you're pissed about losing. That's Busch league. It's also Busch league to pause the game for two minutes after I converted that fourth down.

Zep

Banned
:lol

Anyway this day was so-so.

Rams Win - YES!

Eagles Win - Piece of shit Bledsoe

Wellington ducks me - sigh

hgplayer1

Ive had a few people go for 4th down conversion against me in the first quarter of league games so this isnt so bad considering the circumstances.

the only real problem I have with some of these fourth and 1 or inches is that it seems some people have plays that are unstoppable for a yard so I think the risk is less than the reward for some people. depends on the team and whether there is a money play available to that team.

doing it in the 4th qtr isnt so bad and you really should be on the look out for it any time during the game. never pick your defensive play before you know for sure what formation the offense is picking.

anyway DJ when can you play?

mmlemay said:
Thanks for backing me up guys.

I would also like to add that after dominating him 21-0 for almost three quarters, he had scored two quick touchdowns in the last minute of the 3rd quarter. I was not about to punt and give him the ball back when I was at midfield. Also, later in the drive, I had a 4th and 2 at the 24 and I could've just as easily converted that play. I didn't milk the clock in the 4th quarter AND I kneeled the ball three straight times to end the game. You should've taken advantage of the chances you had earlier in the game but don't be calling me out for cheese because you're pissed about losing. That's Busch league. It's also Busch league to pause the game for two minutes after I converted that fourth down.

Not saying I agree but I know how he feels, I remember when you went for it on 4th and 1 from your side of the field in the first quarter against me. It pissed me off so bad and threw me off for the rest of the game. I mean I see where he is coming from being pissed, but I don't think I'd call this occassion cheese. Its just tough stopping someone 3 times and then having them get it on a easy qb sneak or some crap. Like in real life I don't know of any teams that would go for it on 4th and 1 in their own territory in the first. Sure you can get it easy in the game, but thats not really the point. However in the 4th there are some that would risk it in real life.

bluemax

Banned
Can I get moved to another division? I want to go to the playoffs haha. Man that early season close loss to Konex stings every week.

LT 5 TDs in his last two games, could've been 6 if the computer hadn't been wack substituting him out the entire first half of the Lions game.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
changed the schedule a little bit due to lag concerns (me and ck played in an exhibition before, it was terrible)

welcome to my nightmare rors... i think you're gonna like it!!!!!!!1

this is your chance to stop my perfect season
What the balls!? My game wasn't against an east coaster. :'(

You know what, old man? You just made a big mistake! Consider your undefeated season lost. Payback FARGAS STYLE!!

the dream is dead! niners lose 10-9 :(

good gameplan by rors. i felt like i had the game won in the 1st half with a 9-0 lead but it wasn't to be. pressure free the rest of the season!

on a related note, not to be a bitch but come on dude. i didn't run the clock out on you in the 1st half when i easily could have, sending the game into halftime 9-0. its probably just frustation speaking, and you did what you had to do to win the game, but i just felt like you should've taken the td if i'm giving it to you. then again there's no rule against it, it secured the win, and i should've scored more points so it wouldn't come down to that. oh well.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:

good gameplan by rors. i felt like i had the game won in the 1st half with a 9-0 lead but it wasn't to be. pressure free the rest of the season!

on a related note, not to be a bitch but come on dude. i didn't run the clock out on you in the 1st half when i easily could have, sending the game into halftime 9-0. its probably just frustation speaking, and you did what you had to do to win the game, but i just felt like you should've taken the td if i'm giving it to you. then again there's no rule against it, it secured the win, and i should've scored more points so it wouldn't come down to that. oh well.
...oh shit, I thought you were playing a retarded D because you thought I was being an ass going for it...I didn't realize it was so you could have time to get it. >< That's why I just stood out there in the open when I was initially going to go for it (I was wide open and almost there, then stopped). My bad. :( I thought it would be bad to run it up...jordan could have used the td. :(

Sigh...my D still can't catch jack nothing. My D was tired most of the game because of the way you play, but my strategy was bend/don't break because I knew you would do the same haha

i was too conservative. 2 4th and 1 plays from inside the 10 and i kick the FG? should have gone for at least one of them.... but the real life situations today made me gunshy :D

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i was too conservative. 2 4th and 1 plays from inside the 10 and i kick the FG? should have gone for at least one of them.... but the real life situations today made me gunshy :D
:lol :lol That's exactly what I was thinking during the game. When you didn't go for it, I said "Damn, he's not as dumb as Nolan!" It happened two times just like in the real game. At least I did stop you on those other 4th down conversions.

On a side note: it would be awesome to have more (mostly) lag free games like those. I wish EA would wake the **** up. My last three games are going to be lagfests. :\

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:

Oh I know all about Rors breaking streaks... all about it.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
vumpler said:
He was the first to beat me as well D:

Rors is pretty underrated, I've always said that! He's the best rusher in the league, and he has a ridiculous vertical threat with Moss-man.

Now I have to get to 14-0 all over again. :/

Top Bottom