• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF Madden Season 7 League Thread: I love's me some jump passing!

Rorschach

Matrix said:
lol @ Mig

Rors im using matrixadw,i looked and you're home,so you have to challenge me.

I'll be on in 30 mins...I cant wait to be 1-5!
Ok I'm going on...sigh I'm gonna be last in the division AND the league :(

Rorschach

GG Matrix. You still have a nice touch on passes despite the dual shock.
Sorry for the pauses, but there kept on being interruptions...those things kept throwing me out of my groove, too. :(

I dunno who to play on KR anymore...Carr fumbles, Whitted fumbles, Woodson fumbles, Gabriel fumbles....I don't even use juke moves on KRs.

Oh, and btw, I was no where NEAR Carr when I dove tackled...he's such a friggin' pussy! WAAAH REFF HE'S ROUGHING ME UP!!

Also, my guys on Defense and Offense have no hands :( (Except Schweigert. YTMND!)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
No I'm last cause my 3-4 D is fucking sad against the run and one min I can figure out how to throw with the dual shock and the next min I'm a spaz and I throw the ball into double coverages over the middle of the field cause I cant switch to the player i want.

We both had some bad breaks that game,you with the fumble and me with a 3rd down and 7 with a wideopen TE who just drops the ball....so I have to punt.

Ugh if i had made that stupid 52 yard fg I would have won....maybe.

God damn,its like one min I feel like i'm in the zone playing withe the xbox controller and then the next Its like one mistake and i lose it.

GG,you just destroyed me with the run and it was smart to double AJ all game.

edit- yea Carr is a pussy >_<

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I want Mr.Bob to be the whiney biatch this season...all by himself.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i just want to make the following known:

after all this, i let bob call a mulligan and i wont count the game. the bottom line is his defensive play calling is high risk, high reward. you want to know why you are 2-4? you blitz too much, you move your players out of position, and you don't have enough meaningful runs. so the next time you blame someone for "bad luck", you should probably examine your playcalling before anything else :D

p.s. yes i am going to beat you just as bad in the rematch. you couldn't do anything once i started covering heath miller myself :D

I'm not going to say anything about Bob's TE passing since I kinda have to this season (KC has the worst receivers in the league bar-none). But FMT is right on your movement of the guy you control. 268 yards on the ground speaks for itself!

PS: I would like to toot my own horn for having racked up 5 sacks with the DE I control. I've gotten way better now that I am not using the highly rated Strahan. When i go back to him I will be unstoppable. :-o

PPS: This season is all about the MOOCHBALL.

SickBoy

GG Rors. If you have scoring by quarter details, that would be appreciated. It's one thing I routinely forget to take down and for some reason, EA hasn't been emailing me summaries lately :(

My D is frustrating me... what bothers me more than any problems is that I caused a lot of problems using manual control (granted, I did a few very good things manually, too)

I think this must have been a frustrating game on both ends... too many big plays.

Rorschach

Can no one on my team make a catch? Offense? Defense? The only stats Curry had going for him were his 2 endzone drops. My CBs and LBs have butterfingers. It doesn't help that I suck ass, either. Fucking eh. Sucks that my MLB went out for the game too...I'm gonna go join MrBob in the waaaahmbulance. Fuck this game. >:|

Scores are in.

SickBoy

Rorschach said:
Can no one on my team make a catch? Offense? Defense? The only stats Curry had going for him were his 2 endzone drops. My CBs and LBs have butterfingers. It doesn't help that I suck ass, either. Fucking eh. Sucks that my MLB went out for the game too...I'm gonna go join MrBob in the waaaahmbulance. Fuck this game. >:|

Scores are in.

Thanks for that, I coulda fudged them, but it's nice to have correct numbers...

SickBoy

Ando: I'm available today after around 2:15 Mountain Time. If you want to play between then and 3, that's cool, otherwise around 7 would be good for me.

SickBoy

Andokuky said:
GG, Boller stinks it up again but not enough to lose the game. About time I got some luck this season :lol

GG. Can't believe that fumble :( I guess I should have taken a knee, but there was still a bit of surplus time. LT's second fumble playing you.

Andokuky

Banned
About damn time he fumbled, I hit stick'd him about 10 times during the game. I would have kicked a FG but it would have been like a 56 yarder and I was lucky enough to hit a 45 yarder earlier in the game. I don't know why I called that TO, would have screwed me over if LT didn't fumble.

SickBoy

Andokuky said:
About damn time he fumbled, I hit stick'd him about 10 times during the game. I would have kicked a FG but it would have been like a 56 yarder and I was lucky enough to hit a 45 yarder earlier in the game. I don't know why I called that TO, would have screwed me over if LT didn't fumble.

I'd much rather have fumbled on another one of your hit sticks :) Of course, you should just feel fortunate you can do it, even if you're not forcing fumbles... I have such a delay on mine it usually just ends up with a guy tackling air :)

Matrix

Archaix,I'm free to play tomorrow night anytime past 8 pm eastern or Sunday anytime past 7 pm eastern.

Let me know whats good for you....Saturday I wont be home all day or night.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ugh, another game lost by 3 points or less. Those are the worst. Redzone mistakes really kill me.

GG Sick. You contained Westbrook quite well. Trust me when i say this will not happen next time we meet :)

SickBoy

GG, CB...

Sorry about that late INT return, but when a defender sees the end zone, his eyes turn into dinnerplates. I suppose it gave you the chance at the comeback, though.

I came into this game with a plan, and elements of it stuck, while others went right out the window. Good thing my D played well on occasion, but there's been no sign all season of the award-winning Chargers defense of just one season ago :(

guys, please do me this favor:

* CHECK YOUR SCHEDULES AS I HAVE ENTERED THEM!

the base schedules SHOULD be: you play everyone in your division 3 times (this is 100% definite), and you SHOULD play 3 teams from the other division in your conference (not ALWAYS 100% definite, i had to adjust some things here and there). that equals 12 games. then you play 4 out of conference games. please double check, my eyesight is bad and sometimes i dont line the weeks up that i wrote out correctly!

Andokuky

Banned
Sorry you thought it was lame but it was either that or just break the disc and be done with it. That was fucking horrible. Any time I dropped back to pass I was met with a blitz that my line didn't block and I was lucky to get a pass off, 25% of which were intercepted :lol Game was over in 3 minutes. First play of the game you get hit when you throw, ball comes right to McCalister who drops the easy pick. Two plays later you have a 70+ yard TD pass. My first passing play I get hit and it goes right to your player but of course he catches it. I shade Moss and you throw it right at Ray Lewis, drop. You shade Heap and for once I don't touch the analog stick thinking maybe the CPU will put it in a better position than I would and of course Boller zips it right to Arrington a good 4 yards under Heap and of course he will hang on to it. Then I am frozen with Lewis like he is stuck in a pile of mud or something and Taylor comes and lays him out, fumble for TD! Did you read in the E3 Madden 07 thread where I said Boller can be sitting perfectly still unpressured and still not be able to get off a 10 yard out route? Well he proved that on the last straw when Heap was wide open on a pussy little 5 yard out route and he underthrows him for his 5th pick and another defensive TD. I guess one game where I didn't get raped by bad luck was all Madden had for me this season.

Sorry you thought it was lame but it was either that or just break the disc and be done with it. That was fucking horrible. Any time I dropped back to pass I was met with a blitz that my line didn't block and I was lucky to get a pass off, 25% of which were intercepted Game was over in 3 minutes. First play of the game you get hit when you throw, ball comes right to McCalister who drops the easy pick. Two plays later you have a 70+ yard TD pass. My first passing play I get hit and it goes right to your player but of course he catches it. I shade Moss and you throw it right at Ray Lewis, drop. You shade Heap and for once I don't touch the analog stick thinking maybe the CPU will put it in a better position than I would and of course Boller zips it right to Arrington a good 4 yards under Heap and of course he will hang on to it. Then I am frozen with Lewis like he is stuck in a pile of mud or something and Taylor comes and lays him out, fumble for TD! Did you read in the E3 Madden 07 thread where I said Boller can be sitting perfectly still unpressured and still not be able to get off a 10 yard out route? Well he proved that on the last straw when Heap was wide open on a pussy little 5 yard out route and he underthrows him for his 5th pick and another defensive TD. I guess one game where I didn't get raped by bad luck was all Madden had for me this season.

nah its cool, i probably wouldn't have wanted to finish it out either. i was pretty pissed i blew that 97 yard TD coverage. that was my fault, i completely forgot i called cover 2 meaning to be the LB. well i played as the safety and it didn't even occur to me until i looked at my CB dropping into the flats. then i said to myself please dont be going deep... but at that point it was too late.

you probably shouldn't be passing that much w/ the baltimore ravens but... its your offense chum :D

Andokuky

Banned
I don't care what offense I have, a QB should be able to complete a 5 yard out route without underthrowing the ball every single time. Plus it's kind of hard to stick with the run when I am suddenly down by multiple scores. I have a feeling that if I ran the ball Lewis just would have fumbled 5 more times for 3 defensive TD's.

trust me i know what it's like to have a shitty QB (not that brunell is shitty). but the patterns you were running weren't helping your cause. 3 WR and 15-20 yard posts aren't exactly easy to complete with coverage everywhere. i didn't see you throw any 5 yard outs to any of your wr's. i saw about a 10 yard curl that was completed, everything else seemed like it went deep to heap or mason over the middle/near the sidelines. just my opinion on the matter

Matrix

Boller was the man for me that 2nd season in the xbox league,I recall Fifty being pissed at me cause I could throw deep with him :lol

I'm sure they downgraded his scrub ass more in the ps2 version via roster updates just like they did Carr.

Andokuky

Banned
Didn't exactly have time in the pocket to let much of anything develop. The only patterns that work with Boller are posts or comebacks and sometimes in routes. I tried a comeback one time but Boller threw it like a girl and by the time it got there your CB, safety and LB werw already on Mason and it probably should have been 6 interceptions. Anything else is almost a garaunteed interception. But I saw Heap with no one around him but suprise Boller zipped the ball almost straight to your CB. This is the 4th playbook I have used with this team but nothing counters a shit QB.

to be honest if i were the ravens i would treat the offense exactly like the 49ers: do not throw anything over 20 yards, lots and lots and lots of running (whether you are successful early or not), and never ever get in long yardage situations, dont even RISK getting into them. 2nd and 10? run the ball. but again thats just me....

the superbowl champ! suck it down DM there's nothing you can do about it now! half the gaf championships belong to me!

ando, try some practice passing and right after you snap the ball drop back just a little, and let go of the left stick, then pick out your receiver. problem is EA tried to get rid of drop back cheese, so once you get a certain distance back, the pressure is almost instant.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
to be honest if i were the ravens i would treat the offense exactly like the 49ers: do not throw anything over 20 yards, lots and lots and lots of running (whether you are successful early or not), and never ever get in long yardage situations, dont even RISK getting into them. 2nd and 10? run the ball. but again thats just me....

the superbowl champ! suck it down DM there's nothing you can do about it now! half the gaf championships belong to me!

Your reign of evil ends this season.

curtis_martin.jpg

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
FrenchMovieTheme said:
ando, try some practice passing and right after you snap the ball drop back just a little, and let go of the left stick, then pick out your receiver. problem is EA tried to get rid of drop back cheese, so once you get a certain distance back, the pressure is almost instant.
Yeah, trying to throw offbalance or midstep turns your accuracy to shit.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
BEST WIN EVER! Warrick just won Special Teams Player of the Week, hands down.

...and I was so close to posting how Mig gamesharks. ;)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Last 40-50 seconds of that game:

Score is 10-17, Seahawks leading
Mig drives it up to the red zone(thanks to me fiddling around in Dime D).
Mig makes a TD.
Mig goes for 2 pt to win. Simms gets sacked, no good.
16-17
Mig attempts a onside kick, makes it.
Mig throws a long bomb, makes it.
Mig kicks a FG, makes it.

19-17, with 11 seconds left......

Mig kicks off, Warrick returns from the 9 yard line to make a TD.
SEAHAWKS WIN 19-24

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Matrix said:
Archaix,I'm free to play tomorrow night anytime past 8 pm eastern or Sunday anytime past 7 pm eastern.

Let me know whats good for you....Saturday I wont be home all day or night.

Tonight should be good for me. I'm going out to eat with a few friends, and am not altogether sure how long we'll be staying out. But I would say sometime around 9/10EST might work, as I don't have any plans for later tonight.

Matrix

Ok cool,I'll be here at GA around 9 pm eastern time.I'll just hang around the forum,just post when you're ready to beat me.

Top Bottom