• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF Madden Season 7 League Thread: I love's me some jump passing!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Okay, this is going to be the only time I do this, but here goes.

Wasabi, my brother wants to get in contact with you about your game and, well, he can't. So, send him an instant message or something. Don't you drag me into this!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
The Texans are fucking tackle dummies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I just noticed my full schedule...I have 6 home games,10 road :lol

Sorry Fmt,I didnt pick up on this sooner,but NO FAIR! :p

Miguel

Matrix said:
I just noticed my full schedule...I have 6 home games,10 road :lol

Sorry Fmt,I didnt pick up on this sooner,but NO FAIR! :p

:lol

Strength of schedule doesn't work to your advantage in the NFL Matrix ;). May work in the NCAA, but not NFL.

Matrix

Miguel said:

Strength of schedule doesn't work to your advantage in the NFL Matrix ;). May work in the NCAA, but not NFL.

Have you looked at my schedule? :lol I think I have 5 or 6 straight road games...I MISS RELIANT STADIUM!

Matrix

1-7...lost my 2nd straight game by a td.

I'M ON A ROLL!

Rorschach

Hitokage said:
And my month of pain begins. :(
Welcome to my season 3 :(

PS: Anyone seen that one guy, Miguel?

Squeaking by against Collins?? Old man Martin will have to get his ben-*** out for the interconference matchups. (I hope the system doesn’t edit out g-a-y, it’s an actual product you assholes! Hope the system doesn’t edit out a-s-s.)
:lol :lol

gg hito. a lot closer than the final score. a couple points:

1. why didn't you kick the FG when you were down 14-3? could have cut it to a 1 score game.

2. i thought you were TOO cautious at times. you did get me with that 3rd and 6 run for the first down on your first drive, but i thought you ran just a little too much. also, didn't get joe J involved except for that one grab

3. :lol i felt bad for you after you took control of the safety and COMPLETELY moved him out of my way. that could've been a pick or at the very least a knockdown. instead its an easy td

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg hito. a lot closer than the final score. a couple points:

1. why didn't you kick the FG when you were down 14-3? could have cut it to a 1 score game.
Either I'd gamble then or gamble for 2 later, really.

2. i thought you were TOO cautious at times. you did get me with that 3rd and 6 run for the first down on your first drive, but i thought you ran just a little too much. also, didn't get joe J involved except for that one grab
Actually, I did run it a few times simply to see if I could catch you off guard. Of course, such things work better when you actually attempt to pass, but hey... you know what happened when I did. :/

3. :lol i felt bad for you after you took control of the safety and COMPLETELY moved him out of my way. that could've been a pick or at the very least a knockdown. instead its an easy td
That was a complete and total accident, if not a mrbobian fix. I do not recall hitting circle, and I certainly do not recall telling that safety to move anywhere in paticular. :mad:

Miguel

Allen Rorverson

That last non-td was BS. :( Terrible way to win.

BUT I'LL TAKE IT!

*madden was out to get you that game

EDIT - Dammit MiG, stealing bandwidth without previewing sucks!

Rorschach

It's ok. Every week I get more and more bullshit pilled on top. :lol

Madden hates me this season. As usual, whitted fumbles, moss fumbles, collins overthrows every open pass, and my secondary can't catch squat.

This time, I wasn't really paying attention though. I ended up being on the phone after the 3rd quarter.

GG, though. You knew to cover my cone and got some good coverage on that side of the field. Nice pick. :p

Damn, everyone is just gunning today. Well, if you haven't heard, I've been busy with GAF...

Arch - me and your bro is on tonight. It would be a bit earlier, but 24 is on, and you'll kick his ass if you miss it.

Coldblooded - if I'm still undefeated after tonight, we're running tomorrow, preferred, anytime after 9PM EST.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
WasabiKing said:
Damn, everyone is just gunning today. Well, if you haven't heard, I've been busy with GAF...

Arch - me and your bro is on tonight. It would be a bit earlier, but 24 is on, and you'll kick his ass if you miss it.

Damned skippy. I suppose it's my own damned fault for hoarding the PS2 and the HDTV in my room. Just because I paid for them, I act like I own them or something.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
WasabiKing said:

Coldblooded - if I'm still undefeated after tonight, we're running tomorrow, preferred, anytime after 9PM EST.

If you can roll tonight at anytime i can go also. Tomorrow may be a little harder because its my birthday, and i dont how my schedule is gonna work out

ColdBlooded33 said:
If you can roll tonight at anytime i can go also. Tomorrow may be a little harder because its my birthday, and i dont how my schedule is gonna work out
yeah, we can roll tonight, what's the best time?

because CK, this is "interconference" week, so it makes no difference. you can use the browns next week if you like.

p.s. it has already been established that the browns CANT make the playoffs

Andokuky

Banned
I thought the rule was anyone can use the Browns, only a division opponent can't ue them to face another division opponent.

So for example, Birdcrap can use them because he isn't playing a division rival. I can use them as long as I'm not playing anyone in my division.

I request a motion to be allowed to change to the Denver Broncos midseason ~kthxbye

ando you want the broncos, bob wants the bears back.... you guys knew what you were getting into! you dont change teams and expect to win!

p.s. except me, dm, and CK

Matrix

I'll trade the Texans for the Browns ;)

Andokuky

Banned
Bob if you're around and want to get the game in tonight I'm free in about an hour or so. I'll be out during the night for the next few days most likely. Thurs-Fri for sure. I think we play next week...

I predict 29 INTs to be thrown this game.

CB3

*highly frustrated but trying to stay calm*

I dont like the panthers Flash-Like Defense, as well as my "punt returner"

*still trying to stay calm fuck..."

GG Wasabi...

Edit: if we do have another season (hopefully!) I swear to god im not picking any team rated 90 or above. So much BS happens to those teams. I had half of this malarkey happen to me when i used the Chargers Season 1. But whenever i use the eagles i get dropped int's, special team fumbles, and make horrible decisions passing (but that is more on me than anything else

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
ando you want the broncos, bob wants the bears back.... you guys knew what you were getting into! you dont change teams and expect to win!

p.s. except me, dm, and CK
And me! Redskins, Pats, and Lions!

ColdBlooded33 said:
*highly frustrated but trying to stay calm*

I dont like the panthers Flash-Like Defense, as well as my "punt returner"
I found out how overrated Carolina's defense is last year when Lone used them. Good lawd!

CB3

Rorschach said:
And me! Redskins, Pats, and Lions!

I found out how overrated Carolina's defense is last year when Lone used them. Good lawd!

Seriously. Its like they just copied the stats from the ravens D and pasted onto the panthers.

DeShawn is overrated up the ass also, but today i was able to contain him. Though ill tell you one thing. 1 on 1 Foster vs Brian Dawkins. and somehow foster runs through dawkins. That would never happen in real life. Ever

lol, that one fumble was bad bad bad. I even told you that shit was luck. I stopped using DeShaun after that fumble, but your front line was killing me. Delhomme was seriously overthrowing today, I had to avoid your rushes and toss away, lol. I started to figure you out by the fourth quarter, but that game was way too close. BTW, your 3 picks didn't help you, either. I knew that 3rd and 25 shit was going to bite me in the ass, lol...

But your o-line kept both my DTs STATLESS. They are nowhere to be found. And Westbrook, who I've always felt was crazy overrated in speed, ran all over my guys. Best running performance to date. I couldn't pass, and I wasn't so much afraid of your safeties, but I've given away far too many games last season.

CB3

WasabiKing said:
lol, that one fumble was bad bad bad. I even told you that shit was luck. I stopped using DeShaun after that fumble, but your front line was killing me. Delhomme was seriously overthrowing today, I had to avoid your rushes and toss away, lol. I started to figure you out by the fourth quarter, but that game was way too close. BTW, your 3 picks didn't help you, either. I knew that 3rd and 25 shit was going to bite me in the ass, lol...

But your o-line kept both my DTs STATLESS. They are nowhere to be found. And Westbrook, who I've always felt was crazy overrated in speed, ran all over my guys. Best running performance to date. I couldn't pass, and I wasn't so much afraid of your safeties, but I've given away far too many games last season.

Yeah your D really won this game. I really gotta start using that throw away button :lol i swear i get cornered and think, THROW IT AWAY, yet i still pass it when i know it will be int'd. and its wierd cause i only do that with McNabb, never when i used the chargers and Brees.

BirdBomb

Banned
Ando's playing now. depending on how tired i am, i might play after him, if ur still available.

There needs to be some limit or something on the amount of blitzing you can do. It get's kindof repatative when i drop back on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down, and of which LB's from the field, sidelines, hell, my own team, are running at me. Im sure i know the responce "use more protection, run the ball, blah blah blah"...im not really complaining, it just got kindof...blah...after awhile. Oh well, gg. that game was handed to you on a silver platter. 1st the KR fumbled...returend for TD, then the blitzing, my players dropping balls...Edge finally got running..good lord he ran..18 for 206 or something like that. Seeya in playoffs...prolly not....

yeah it was a gg. few things:

1. you were AVERAGING over 50 yards a carry... and then you go to 3 wide and start throwing every down? :lol

2. my team had more drops than your team did.

3. on one occassion i had safety help deep on harrisson AND my cb playing off. you do a PA, my safety DOES NOT MOVE one way or another. easy TD. another time i had about a 5 yard head start on running towards a spot harrisson was headed to, but i couldn't get there before the human flash.

4. there isn't going to be a reduction in blitzing. that is the POINT. what do you expect to happen when i send more guys than you have to block? you think because you are the colts you should have all the time in the world even when i blitz? :lol you missed a lot of open receivers (mostly wayne and james) because you have tunnell vision towards harrison. the open receivers were there when i blitzed, you just didn't see them and stood in the pocket too long. not a blitz issue.

i suppose you could claim the game was handed to me, but considering that 4 out of your 6 TD drives were basically 1 play i wouldn't be so quick to jump to the "you got lucky!" card

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
ColdBlooded33 said:
DeShawn is overrated up the ass also, but today i was able to contain him. Though ill tell you one thing. 1 on 1 Foster vs Brian Dawkins. and somehow foster runs through dawkins. That would never happen in real life. Ever
In madden he can't stay injured. ;)

BTW, been going through a passing clinic for the past couple days... Hasselbeck is finally beginning to see the field! I only hope he doesn't suddenly go blind again when I actually play.

BirdBomb: If you absolutely know you opponent is going to blitz 2 LBs or more, throw out a lot of very short and quick pass routes or some other method of burning him for being so aggressive.

CB3

Hito! Week 9 is gonna be open, i might be able to roll tomorrow or wednesday

BirdBomb: If you absolutely know you opponent is going to blitz 2 LBs or more, throw out a lot of very short and quick pass routes or some other method of burning him for being so aggressive.

my point proven ladies! edge was literally wide open anytime i blitzed arrington, and since i didn't play zone more than a handful of times, he was WIIIIIIIIDE open. look with your eyes friend :D

BirdBomb

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah it was a gg. few things:

1. you were AVERAGING over 50 yards a carry... and then you go to 3 wide and start throwing every down? :lol

2. my team had more drops than your team did.

3. on one occassion i had safety help deep on harrisson AND my cb playing off. you do a PA, my safety DOES NOT MOVE one way or another. easy TD. another time i had about a 5 yard head start on running towards a spot harrisson was headed to, but i couldn't get there before the human flash.

4. there isn't going to be a reduction in blitzing. that is the POINT. what do you expect to happen when i send more guys than you have to block? you think because you are the colts you should have all the time in the world even when i blitz? :lol you missed a lot of open receivers (mostly wayne and james) because you have tunnell vision towards harrison. the open receivers were there when i blitzed, you just didn't see them and stood in the pocket too long. not a blitz issue.

i suppose you could claim the game was handed to me, but considering that 4 out of your 6 TD drives were basically 1 play i wouldn't be so quick to jump to the "you got lucky!" card

#4 = :lol

How can i go through my rotations when i have .56267632775472547 second to throw the ball.

Not the point. Like i said, i wasn't complaining. I've learned all too well against Ando that mean team doesnt block worth a crap. All i'm saying is that having blitzes thrown left and right all game makes hte game slow and kinda boring. After awhile, i stopped backpeddling to give u an easy sack, but by that time...too late.

BirdBomb

Banned
Hitokage said:
In madden he can't stay injured. ;)

BTW, been going through a passing clinic for the past couple days... Hasselbeck is finally beginning to see the field! I only hope he doesn't suddenly go blind again when I actually play.

Yeah, that's what 3/4 of James's catches were, i'd see 40 people running at me, LOB TO JAMES ON HTE SIDELINE! I hit Clark on an out while being blitzed....drop. I tried Harrison like 3 times on an out while being blitzed...each time Shawn spring TELEPORTED next to Harrison...defelcted.

Oh well, gg. It was alot closer than I had thought it'd be. Hopefully Ando beats bob (currently 14-3 ando)

there weren't blitzes left and right on any individual play. i blitz one guy at most. i know you say you weren't complaining, but i'm just saying read the defense and make the throw. you say you had no time to throw, but that isn't true. you can't drift back 10 yards in "no time". you just missed some quick passes is all. if you had passed to james more and actually made me PAY for blitzing (what you should always do) then i would have had to stop.

BirdBomb

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
there weren't blitzes left and right on any individual play. i blitz one guy at most. i know you say you weren't complaining, but i'm just saying read the defense and make the throw. you say you had no time to throw, but that isn't true. you can't drift back 10 yards in "no time". you just missed some quick passes is all. if you had passed to james more and actually made me PAY for blitzing (what you should always do) then i would have had to stop.

Yeah. I usually throw to Wayne more, but he's been a drop machine lately, and stokely wasn't open alot this game. Harrison...was god though.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah, for a really quick pass you drop only 5 yards at most, provided you have the appropriate route for that rapid a release(and be sure beforehand that regardless of coverage you'll be able to make it).

(In case you're wondering why a bottom-rated QB in rehab is giving tips... quick passes were the only kind I really knew how to do. :( )

Andokuky

Banned
Seems like the game is back to taunting me. I post in the Madden E3 thread that QB's should fumble more and that I have never seen a QB fumble just by getting hit on a sack and Boller obliges after a pussy hit on a blitz and it's returned for a TD. Last drive of the game need to get into FG range, Boller overthrows two out routes by about 100 yards and then with 6 seconds left just to rub it in Boller throws a beautiful pass on a streak that Mason catches in FG range as time expires :D

Miguel

Miguel said:

I only ask that you annihilate bob week 10 in return!

Player of the Century:
Mike Alstott
Offense:
70 yards receiving, 1 receiving touchdown, 1 rushing touchdown

Special Teams:
37 yard fumble return, TD

Matrix

WasabiKing said:
Matrix: Thursday sound good? 9PM EST is when I get home.

Yea thats cool,I can play anytime starting at 9 pm eastern too.

1-8 here I come!

Top Bottom