• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF Madden Season 7 League Thread: I love's me some jump passing!

Andokuky

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
everytime i got a sack on you, you lost 10+ yards. you are dropping back too far

I lost 10+ yards if it was PA, because I could see your players getting right through my line so I'd hold down to try and by another second or two. I stood in the pocket plenty of times and still got hit, 2 or 3 of your picks were off of passes Boller threw while under pressure. I know how to throw the ball, I'm not going to try and Vick around with Kyle Boller. Aside from Boller just overthrowing passes left and right my passing game is fine. This is just the first time I played a team who dipped their gloves in glue before kickoff.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Archaix,I'm around now if you want to play.

Just post when ready.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Archiax,if we cant play by 11 tonight,we will have to play Sunday.

I got to get up early tomorrow,sorry I wont be around.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Matrix said:
Archiax,if we cant play by 11 tonight,we will have to play Sunday.

I got to get up early tomorrow,sorry I wont be around.

You ever go out for dinner and end up not coming back until 1AM?

Oops.

Sorry about that. Sunday will definately work.

BirdBomb

Banned
Wow, that wasn't 1 of my better games.

Oh well, bc next game i'll do what was done to me.....DE OUTSIDE GLITCH BLITZING!!!!!!!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BirdBomb said:
Wow, that wasn't 1 of my better games.

Oh well, bc next game i'll do what was done to me.....DE OUTSIDE GLITCH BLITZING!!!!!!!

Uh... let's not get into the same argument from Madden 2005. (Matrix should remember :lol)

I really began to shut you down when I went with three linemen and dropped everyone into coverage, had nothing to do with my defensive line play. Also consider that the man I control, Hicks, did not even record a tackle let alone a sack in that game.

Far better than your shift to the left to get freaking FREENEY a clear shot at the backfield. If anyone you're the one controlling an outside blitz with a DE. It's the fastest and stronget lineman in the game, meanwhile I kept getting pancaked. :lol

Here I was coming into this topic to compliment you for shutting down my running game.

BirdBomb

Banned
i never said you sacked me, or got a tackle. 3/4 of hte time i dropped back, i'd look at Harrison, and in the bottom of the screen, i'd see Hicks over there, running 5 yards off the line, then shooting in untouched to nail the hell out of Manning as he releases. The INT in the 3rd qtr was off of a hit on Manning bc u got straight in with hicks.

I controlled Freeney twice i think. 1 time i got u in hte backfield, then other i was swapping through my players and u hiked the ball, i went back in coverage. Nice try though. and yes, i am proud i had some decent defense for 1 game...you pass coverage was good, i admit, but the rushing just rubs me the wrong way.

Wtf is up with surtain? everytime i threw deep, the looked like superman jumping over Harrison to deflect the ball

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Surtain is a 94 rated CB. I don't know how you burned him like that last game, but he showed up today with 9 deflections.

I ran outside to cover the flats at the snap, when I saw no one going out there I would abandon and go after you. Now... if you hold the ball that long then you can't really blame me. The int in the third by Mitchell was not off a hit, you got rid of the ball just before the hit. It was at chest level of your receiver who Mitchell jumped in front of.

The reason I kept taking my guy into the flats is that it was the assignment he had in the zone blitz that worked best against you.

Let me put it this way, Hicks is worse than Strahan, no one should have any trouble against him, I am playing with him exactly how I played with Stra.

BirdBomb

Banned
moving him to the flats the rushing has the exact same effect as running to the outside, then jetting to the inside, as if u were glitching blitzing...just pointing it out.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BirdBomb said:
moving him to the flats the rushing has the exact same effect as running to the outside, then jetting to the inside, as if u were glitching blitzing...just pointing it out.

Except for the fact that it takes me much longer to get to the QB.

:lol

birdbomb, learn the art of double teaming the human controlled DE (use the TE). if you are going to be stubborn and leave it 1 on 1 blocking, you will suffer the consequences.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:

birdbomb, learn the art of double teaming the human controlled DE (use the TE). if you are going to be stubborn and leave it 1 on 1 blocking, you will suffer the consequences.

Well, he is right, I shouldn't have been doing what I did. I do like to drop my DE into coverage, so I will keep him in coverage unless he comes near my zone!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ill switch over to the Freak every once in a while, usually in 3rd down situations. It works very well in 1 on 1 coverage, but not very effective if there is a TE or FB in my way.

Andokuky

Banned
So if i bumrush the QB, sadamize him, then take his football, i won't get introuble? sweetness, FREENEY, HERE I COME!

-colts

Mrbob

Andokuky said:
So if i bumrush the QB, sadamize him, then take his football, i won't get introuble? sweetness, FREENEY, HERE I COME!

-colts

You may need to stick a fork in me, as the season is becoming dangerously over! Can't afford to lose many more games. I don't think I'm ever taking a team besides the Bears again. Whenever I do I run into trouble! :lol

I always seem to have one problem or another happen during the game. Last game I had 3 wide open td passes on 3 different drives dropped and I got no points out of those drives. Overall I had *10* drops for the game. Ugh.... I spread the ball around, put up decent running numbers, and constantly get drives stopped due to those dropped passes. Only one solution I think from now on. ALL HEATH ALL THE TIME WOOOOOO! :D Oh and for some reason my WR were running like they were wading through water. Someone put a hex on me for this year, who did this?!?! :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:

You may need to stick a fork in me, as the season is becoming dangerously over! Can't afford to lose many more games. I don't think I'm ever taking a team besides the Bears again. Whenever I do I run into trouble! :lol

I always seem to have one problem or another happen during the game. Last game I had 3 wide open td passes on 3 different drives dropped and I got no points out of those drives. Overall I had *10* drops for the game. Ugh.... I spread the ball around, put up decent running numbers, and constantly get drives stopped due to those dropped passes. Only one solution I think from now on. ALL HEATH ALL THE TIME WOOOOOO! :D Oh and for some reason my WR were running like they were wading through water. Someone put a hex on me for this year, who did this?!?! :lol

This is what you get for picking over powered teams.

Also, you should never pass 51 times with the Steelers. ;)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Archaix.

Also, Bears defense used to get you out of all the trouble you got yourself into. ;b

Maybe he should have used the Ravens for similar results. ;) Not even the Pittsburgh D, who is a pretty good D in itself can save him. :lol

Mrbob

Rorschach said:
Archaix.

Also, Bears defense used to get you out of all the trouble you got yourself into. ;b

True. I'm so used to playing defense with them it is taking me time to get adjusted to the steelers personal. I think that is the biggest problem. I know every starters stats in my head on both the bears offense and defense. I know who tackles better on defense, who can catch the ball better for ints, etc. With Xbox 360 taking out most of my time I don't feel like doing the same for the steelers. But this season is still one big comedy tour as I've endured enough crap to last about 3 seasons now. I'm not mad about it anymore, though, as I'm starting to think it is somewhat comical. The steelers carnival tour, stumbling into a city near you soon!

Archaix warned me against using this team before the season started, as he told me they are cursed. I should have listened to him! :lol Can I switch to the Bears midseason? ;) I guarantee if I could I would finish the season on a 9 game winning streak. :D

CB3

Wasabi, when do you wanna play our game?

Aww fuck just noticed your undefeated so far. Im really gonna have to gameplan on this one

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
FrenchMovieTheme said:
league is likely to advance sometime this afternoon.

hito: name your time friend... you name your time!
Given that the next five weeks will be one long run of pain for me... I request waiting until the latter part of the week if possible. I've gotta get my Hasselbeck out of his slump before we play!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
FrenchMovieTheme said:
no amount of preparation will save you from lavar "yes, i am rated in the mid-90's, why??" arrington
No, but I'll feel better about it and I'll have a better shot at winning in the next 5 weeks.

the new week is up with new awards and rankings ladies! enjoy

p.s. if you gave a half time speech, ala herm edwards, to your guys you would've won dm

sure you can't play today hito? :D

this week is going to be a bitch for me b/c it is the week before spring break, and it seems like all my professors want to get our midterms over with BEFORE spring break. fucking assholes. i guess it does kind of prevent me from procrastinating... but still!!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DMczaf said:
0 pass deflections
0 INTs

My defense didnt even know there was a ball on the field. -_-

There was one third down where Gonzo ran down the right sideline and I was getting pressure so I chucked it at him knowing full well it would be deflected but everyone else was covered. There were three Jets in the area that watched the ball as it went straight into Gonzo's arms for the first.* :lol

*No, not a jump pass friends!

Matrix

Archiax,I can play now.

*farts on Bob*

CB3

030805-mcnabb3.jpg

"And They Say That a Hero Can Save Us..."

Top Bottom