• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF Madden Season 7 League Thread: I love's me some jump passing!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
:lol :lol :lol i feel like the browns play at half speed. I swear to god the LB's on that team straight up blow, along with most other positions

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ColdBlooded33 said:
:lol :lol :lol i feel like the browns play at half speed. I swear to god the LB's on that team straight up blow, along with most other positions

I play with a team like that every week :D

DMczaf

Archaix said:
DM, LOOK OUT! What's that right behind you!?!

Oh, wait. That's just me.

Scared.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BG Sick. Bad drops from your receivers (Gates wtf) cost you big. That last pass deflection was mega BS. I was going to drop back with my DE but before I could react the ball hit him in the helmet. What a way to go. :(

At least I didn't let LT tear me up this time.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
God dammit Sickboy, when you're up by 22 in the final 2 minutes just take the fucking 3 and out and kick the FG. Nevermind I gave you the 6 points anyway shortly afterward, I just wanted to not get shut out. :(

Anyway, good game, considering I was only able to get things going on Defense. They only allowed a single touchdown(maybe two if you hadn't been so ahead already). My offense scored against me on the rest. :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I cant win :( I cant throw,but I can
cb2.jpg

SickBoy

Wellington said:
BG Sick. Bad drops from your receivers (Gates wtf) cost you big. That last pass deflection was mega BS. I was going to drop back with my DE but before I could react the ball hit him in the helmet. What a way to go. :(

At least I didn't let LT tear me up this time.

I thought it was odd the Chiefs played better D than the Giants did last season.

Frustrating game, but you played well and deserved the W. I was pleased enough with my D overall, but I think there were a couple of big plays that they could have made to change the game (on one pass, you threw it right at my guy and he watched as your guy ran in front of him and caught it :(

And Gates WTF indeed. He might have had more drops this year than in all of last season.

But those are the breaks.

Hito: Thanks for the game, and I wasn't intending to go for 6, but my philosophy is I'd rather not give you field position to earn garbage points. I'd intended to run the clock, but you started calling time. So I took the knee rather than kicking the field goal, because pinning you deep means more to me than adding 3 (or 7) points to the tally.

As for the interception return, as much as I didn't care for the extra points, I will never deny my defensive players a free path to the goal line.

Matrix

Hitokage said:
Matrix: Up for a game after I put in these stats? We've never played.

Sure why not,I could use the practice.

SickBoy

Mrbob said:
Sickboy can you play? I'm waiting online in madden. You scurred off without a response. ;)

Yeah, I can't be in two places at once. I live in Internet stone age with just one plug. :) (I do have a router, but it's a POS so I never use it).

I'll be on in just a couple of minutes. Went straight from one game to another and need a drink..

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
SickBoy said:
Hito: Thanks for the game, and I wasn't intending to go for 6, but my philosophy is I'd rather not give you field position to earn garbage points.
You completely owned me there. Most of my drives started and died in my own 20. :(

Matrix

Miguel said:
NOOOOO!!!

You made Reggie cry. :(

God I hope the 360 version is good,I want to use the 360's sweet controller for Reggie!

Miguel

Yeah, as far as defensive TDs when the game is out of hand...

I'm not going to deny my defensive player a DTD. :p

Sure, I'll pull my offense back if I'm up by 3 TDs, but if Brooks or Phillips gets an INT...He's definately Cedrick Wilson-ing that shit.

THINKING ENDZONE BABY!

Matrix

GG Hito,the start of that game was such bs.

The first quarter your guys kept getting hurt and my players were fumble machines.

I also should have chosen a 4-3 D,cause the 3-4 is f-ing useless against the run.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Damn, Matrix, I didn't expect you to full-on blitz so much. I litterally said "geez, again?" after a few times. Sure, you nailed my attempt to PA a few times, but then when I decided you weren't going to stop, I kept calling/audibling for quick passes and burned you on each one. You've got to mix it up for it to be effective.

Matrix

Hitokage said:
Damn, Matrix. I didn't expect you to full-on blitz so much. I litterally said "geez, again?" after a few times. Sure, you nailed my attempt to PA a few times, but then when I decided you weren't going to stop, I kept calling/audibling for quick passes and burned you on each one. You've got to mix it up for it to be effective.

I dont blitz like that in league games :lol My bad,I was just testing to see how good the Texans are at getting to the QB.

I have hardly blitzed this season,I usually sit in a zone all game.I dont lose my league games cause I'm burned on blitzing...I wish that were the case :(

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Miguel said:
Yeah, as far as defensive TDs when the game is out of hand...

I'm not going to deny my defensive player a DTD. :p

Sure, I'll pull my offense back if I'm up by 3 TDs, but if Brooks or Phillips gets an INT...He's definately Cedrick Wilson-ing that shit.

THINKING ENDZONE BABY!
Yeah, I don't consider a DTD running up the score, as painful as they are. :(

Matrix said:
I dont blitz like that in league games :lol My bad,I was just testing to see how good the Texans are at getting to the QB.

I have hardly blitzed this season,I usually sit in a zone all game.
That's bad too, because you let the other guy know he has lots of time.

PowerRankings said:
Dear Seahawks,

It’s me, Wild Card Spot um... I had good times while we were together but... well I... I met someone else. I’m... sorry... It’s not you, it’s me... maybe someday we can get back together but for now it just doesn’t feel right... I’m sorry... don’t call me, it’s just too painful.

Love Always,

Wild Card Spot
*Hasselbeck sobs into Alexander's shoulder*

Matrix

Hitokage said:
Yeah, I don't consider a DTD running up the score, as painful as they are. :(

That's bad too, because you let the other guy know he has lots of time.

Well yea it is,but I do throw in some zone blitzes.

It also depends on who I'm playing and what team,I'm not getting blown out in league games despite having no idea how to play with this shitty version of my team.Like I said before,I was using the Texans shitty 3-4 D which you can run up the middle on all day blitz or not.

Ive been using any random game I play to test out different styles.

You would have loved playing Gunstar using the Eagles in the xbox league :lol

My strength was always outscoring people with passing,but I cant do that in this version,its depressing as hell.

Matrix

POWER RANKING comment Texans:"How did this happen? You are better than this"

:lol

I could write a book on why I suck with this team.

"How Cousin David lost his arm juice and why that led to the Downfall of the Texans"
PICTURE_slant57.gif

Rorschach

Hard getting a hold of the NYG. Also, he has a HUGE away message. I'll be around a lot tomorrow, so hopefully the game will be in.

Matrix: you up for giving week 10 a go? It's like money in the bank!

Mrbob

MMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm back to .500 how sweet it tastes.

FMT you will not push me back under .500! I refuse to go back below again!

Matrix

Rorschach said:
Hard getting a hold of the NYG. Also, he has a HUGE away message. I'll be around a lot tomorrow, so hopefully the game will be in.

Matrix: you up for giving week 10 a go? It's like money in the bank!

You are the Browns week 10?

CB3

Mrbob said:
MMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm back to .500 how sweet it tastes.

FMT you will not push me back under .500! I refuse to go back below again!

I am also enjoying this taste :)

fine with me! whoever wants the browns can use them

p.s. bob and coldblooded: you will both soon be under .500 again if i have anything to say about it (and i do!)

Matrix

Rorschach said:
I can be! I need some football, damnit. Should be fine with fmt...I think.

Ok thats cool,if you want to play now and beat me,Im down with that.Id rather get week 10 over with as quick as possible so I can start my 24 hour a day practice sessions for my game against CK thats coming up....I'm hoping to atleast give him a game.

I'm going online.

BTW can we enter the stats for week 10?

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Ok thats cool,if you want to play now and beat me,Im down with that.Id rather get week 10 over with as quick as possible so I can start my 24 hour a day practice sessions for my game against CK thats coming up....I'm hoping to atleast give him a game.

I'm going online.

BTW can we enter the stats for week 10?
Yeah, we can enter the stats. I'm going on as I type this.

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
fine with me! whoever wants the browns can use them

p.s. bob and coldblooded: you will both soon be under .500 again if i have anything to say about it (and i do!)

i only gotta play you once more! its out of your hands!

Matrix

Ughh Rors :\ damn Ea servers.

Rorschach

:lol GG Matrix...dunno what was up with that lag. First game had no lag, but it disconnected, second game had lag, but no disconnections....damn EA. And every time I tried a passing play, it would lag immensly. Tackling was hard. ><

If that first game didn't end, I think the results would have been bad for Carr ;b

Matrix

:lol gg

That was so annoying,even though I won,damn lag shit ea ps2 bleh!

"THANK YOU LAG GODS!"
david_carr1.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:

:(

I had a teacher that once taught me that if someone is better than me at something, I would just have to put more time in than they did until I could beat them. 25 hour a day training here I come!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Wellington said:

:(

I had a teacher that once taught me that if someone is better than me at something, I would just have to put more time in than they did until I could beat them. 25 hour a day training here I come!

If you're going for 25, you may as well go all out and grab another playstation, tv, and madden game and play two games at once for the full day. That's just as good as 48 hours!

ck slight change of plans. i WILL be home tomorrow (saturday) at around 3:15 pst. i'll be home until about 5 pm pst, so if you can play that would be cool

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
ck slight change of plans. i WILL be home tomorrow (saturday) at around 3:15 pst. i'll be home until about 5 pm pst, so if you can play that would be cool

Sure, how about 3:45 your time?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Because I don't feel like retyping it... nonrelevant messages omitted.

[04:07:24] --> DMczaf (irc@dork-7F1C4D02.lv.lv.cox.net) has joined #ga
[04:07:46] * MiG pops popcorn
[04:07:57] <Hitokage> DMczaf: that was fucking cheap and you know it
[04:08:06] --- MiG is now known as Drama
[04:08:32] <DMczaf> what? I had to get the play off
[04:08:47] <Drama> ORDER ORDER, THE COURT OF MADDEN IS NOW IN SESSION
[04:08:49] <Hitokage> YOU ACCEPTED THE PENALTY YOU FORCED ON ME
[04:08:56] <Drama> THE HONORABLE JUDGE MICHAELS PRESIDING
[04:09:07] <Drama> *I think I just threw words together*
[04:09:11] <Hitokage> you blocked by d lineman and all of a sudden you deserve 5 yards?
[04:09:15] <Hitokage> bullshit
[04:09:19] <Hitokage> if this game is to stand
[04:09:20] <DMczaf> wtf, I didnt do that on purpose
[04:09:25] <Hitokage> I demand that final TD be taken back
[04:09:32] <Drama> DRAMA
[04:09:33] <DMczaf> im the last to do something cheap on purpose
[04:09:45] <Hitokage> you [snapped] the ball
[04:09:47] <Hitokage> not the computer
[04:09:56] <DMczaf> i was hurrying up because the clock continued to run, I thought I got out of bounds
[04:09:59] <Hitokage> you saw my guy not having gotten back yet
[04:10:02] <DMczaf> so I wanted to get a play off as fast as I could
[04:10:06] <Hitokage> you saw my guy not having gotten back yet
[04:10:07] <Hitokage> you saw my guy not having gotten back yet
[04:10:36] <Rorschach> it let you hike the ball without all the ai getting back in place?
[04:10:44] <Hitokage> Rorschach: yes
[04:10:48] <Rorschach> wtf
[04:10:51] <Hitokage> and then he accepted the offsides penalty
[04:10:56] <Hitokage> so he got the 1st and 5
[04:10:58] <DMczaf> my guys were in place, he had a guy that didnt get back
[04:10:58] <Rorschach> never supposed to let you do that
[04:11:12] <Hitokage> instead of 2nd and 10
[04:11:20] <Hitokage> on a game deciding score :mad:
[04:11:27] <Rorschach> oh shit
[04:11:29] <Hitokage> and I'm calling foul
[04:11:33] <Hitokage> because it was bullshit
[04:11:37] <Hitokage> at the very least
[04:11:40] <Hitokage> decline the penalty
[04:11:41] <Hitokage> :p

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
*sighs*

DMczaf: Sorry for calling you an asshole. Take the win. Even if had forced a FG, I made far too many mistakes throughout the game to say it was that drive alone that did me in. Even the time madden switched me to a CB covering your intended receiver instead of the other guy who was rushing your QB leaving him wide open for that TD pass could have been prevented.

I really don't like being turned into Coach Hyde by this game, and I'm seriously considering whether to quit the league for the sake of my sanity. It's just not worth it. Other games don't do this to me. :(

Matrix

Did someone say Drama!?

"Dm and Hito making me proud"
kevindillonjohnnydrama.jpg

Top Bottom