• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF Madden Season 7 League Thread: I love's me some jump passing!

DMczaf

Hitokage said:
*sighs*

DMczaf: Sorry for calling you an asshole. Take the win. Even if had forced a FG, I made far too many mistakes throughout the game to say it was that drive alone that did me in. Even the time madden switched me to a CB covering your intended receiver instead of the other guy who was rushing your QB leaving him wide open for that TD pass could have been prevented.

I really don't like being turned into Coach Hyde by this game, and I'm seriously considering whether to quit the league for the sake of my sanity. It's just not worth it. Other games don't do this to me. :(

Madden gets to us all.

broke.jpg

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
SON OF A GOD DAMNED HORSEFUCKING SHIT ASSED BITCHFACED CUNT WIPING DICKHOLE LICKING CHRISTPUNCHING WHORE.

I hate you, fourth quarter. I hate you, bullshit kick that was wide left for no god damned reason whatsoever. I hate you, Madden.

DMczaf

Archaix said:
SON OF A GOD DAMNED HORSEFUCKING SHIT ASSED BITCHFACED CUNT WIPING DICKHOLE LICKING CHRISTPUNCHING WHORE.

I hate you, fourth quarter. I hate you, bullshit kick that was wide left for no god damned reason whatsoever. I hate you, Madden.

Yes! Some breathing room for our Week 12 game :)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Archaix said:

That sums up my season so far.

Miguel

Archaix said:

I see you've gotten Kris Brown-itis the past few games.

Call me when you miss 5 extra points and 2 chipshot FGs in a season.

Miguel

I swear Kris brown is the anti-christ. I don't think I had a FG above 40 yards with Kris brown last year, this year with the Bucs, Bryant has 2 47 yarders, and I think a 45 yarder. :O

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Miguel said:
I swear Kris brown is the anti-christ. I don't think I had a FG above 40 yards with Kris brown last year, this year with the Bucs, Bryant has 2 47 yarders, and I think a 45 yarder. :O

Akers with two 53-yarders!

Boo-Ya!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Miguel said:

:lol You must suck at fgs....I hit a 50 yarder my last game and hardly ever miss with Kris.

Miguel

Matrix said:
:lol You must suck at fgs....I hit a 50 yarder my last game and hardly ever miss with Kris.

I move the arrow up, even just barely, 100 power, too much arc, lands about 1 foot short.
I move the arrow down, even just barely, 100 power, ends up dying about 3/4 of the way and just falls straight down, Wile E. Coyote running off a ledge-style.

Matrix

Miguel said:
I move the arrow up, even just barely, 100 power, too much arc, lands about 1 foot short.
I move the arrow down, even just barely, 100 power, ends up dying about 3/4 of the way and just falls straight down, Wile E. Coyote running off a ledge-style.

Kris brown hates all the Miguel's of the world.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
That's IT. I am taking my aggressions out on my next opponent.
ranting.gif

I played out my defensive plan like I wanted to, but two passes to Portis that I did not expect went for long TDs, and that was the difference.

unbelieveable game against ck. i have a 20-0 lead in the 4th. then here comes the circus! 3rd and 17, eddie kennison makes a great catch in double (possible triple) coverage to bring up a 4th and 2. 4th and 2, here comes a floater out in the flats, NO WAY can johnson make it there... not only does he make it to the ball, but he does this weird step back to stay IN BOUNDS, get the first down and move inside the 5. ck scores. ensuing kickoff what do you think happens? fumble by moss, and not only that but someone KICKS the ball about 10 yards back so ck picks it up and runs it in for the td. 20-14. next drive i get to midfield, i snap the ball and get his immediately as i throw, INT!

luckily i stopped ck on that drive but jesus christ i felt like i was walking on egg shells there. then when i get the ball back he has 3 timeouts, 2nd and 5, i hit portis WIDE OPEN past the first down markers... dropped :(

sorry i downed the ball at the end CK but i felt like if i ran any plays i was going to fumble or something bad would happen. gg anyhow

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
unbelieveable game against ck. i have a 20-0 lead in the 4th. then here comes the circus! 3rd and 17, eddie kennison makes a great catch in double (possible triple) coverage to bring up a 4th and 2. 4th and 2, here comes a floater out in the flats, NO WAY can johnson make it there... not only does he make it to the ball, but he does this weird step back to stay IN BOUNDS, get the first down and move inside the 5. ck scores. ensuing kickoff what do you think happens? fumble by moss, and not only that but someone KICKS the ball about 10 yards back so ck picks it up and runs it in for the td. 20-14. next drive i get to midfield, i snap the ball and get his immediately as i throw, INT!

luckily i stopped ck on that drive but jesus christ i felt like i was walking on egg shells there. then when i get the ball back he has 3 timeouts, 2nd and 5, i hit portis WIDE OPEN past the first down markers... dropped :(

sorry i downed the ball at the end CK but i felt like if i ran any plays i was going to fumble or something bad would happen. gg anyhow

:lol

I would have downed the ball myself after all that.

This is the first time I have been completely stopped on offense. As the niners you could stop the run, but even the pass here was useless. :( My fault I guess, i didn't get to plan much offensively, and I had to throw it out the window in the fourth leading to all those sacks. :/

What I should have done on my last drive was kick the FG and the try the onside kick. At the very least I tie it up.

PS: Kennison ran an in pattern and your guys were behind him! ftw!

nah i wasn't complaining about the kennison catch, it was a zone, just made me made that no one would make a play or even try on that throw.

losing control of the game is a testament to WHY you should always play moochball! why was i throwing in that situation anyways? stupid stupid

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
nah i wasn't complaining about the kennison catch, it was a zone, just made me made that no one would make a play or even try on that throw.

losing control of the game is a testament to WHY you should always play moochball! why was i throwing in that situation anyways? stupid stupid

:lol ive done that tooooooo many times :lol :lol :lol

And i swear to god fmt, im gonna own you the next time around. No Punt Return fumble for TD and Ryan Moats Phantom Fumble this time buddy!

Miguel

Coldblooded: Me and you tonight! (maybe!)

Assuming you're home and i remember. :p

Message me if you see me on AIM around midnight (molina118)

CB3

Miguel said:
Coldblooded: Me and you tonight! (maybe!)

Assuming you're home and i remember. :p

Message me if you see me on AIM around midnight (molina118)

Ok, hopefully im able to go tonight

Absolute beating. I read his coverages for like, half the time, and the bad half resulted in picks. That's ok, this will just motivate me to beat some people down. Fist of Karma to return next game!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
FrenchMovieTheme said:
DMczaf would likely have never had the time to get his comeuppance if I hadn't gone to the air on 3rd down only to get picked(my ONE int the whole game!). If I had ran it, taken the 3 and out, then punted it inside the 20... I would have likely won. :(

The worst part for me was that I truly NEEDED this win, and it was first real shootout I've had... and I let a 14 point lead simply slip away. Of course, going conservative after getting that early 14 point lead, something I've never done before, was a huge mistake.

Ah well... if we have another season, I swear, none of you will be safe. ;)

DMczaf

Your last drive was pretty funny, you ran the ball, fumbled but got the ball back. 2nd down you passed, almost threw an INT. 3rd down, you passed and finally threw the INT. It was like you were trying to give me a shot at coming back :lol

Im HORRIBLE at holding leads late in games, I'm much more comfortable being the one thats down in the 4th quarter. I really need to learn how to play with a lead better in Madden 07.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
DMczaf said:
Your last drive was pretty funny, you ran the ball, fumbled but got the ball back. 2nd down you passed, almost threw an INT. 3rd down, you passed and finally threw the INT. It was like you were trying to give me a shot at coming back :lol
Ohhh yeah, that's why I went to the air. Still should have taken the 3 and out and forced you to use timeouts in the process. :/

You'd think that after I've gotten used to catching CK eating the clock that I could do it myself.

Miguel

Hitokage said:
DMczaf would likely have never had the time to get his comeuppance if I hadn't gone to the air on 3rd down only to get picked(my ONE int the whole game!). If I had ran it, taken the 3 and out, then punted it inside the 20... I would have likely won. :(

The worst part for me was that I truly NEEDED this win, and it was first real shootout I've had... and I let a 14 point lead simply slip away. Of course, going conservative after getting that early 14 point lead, something I've never done before, was a huge mistake.

Ah well... if we have another season, I swear, none of you will be safe. ;)

We all know what they say about Prevent...

If it wasn't for Warrick channelling the Mathis within, this would have been your 2nd loss like this. :p

Matrix

Wellington[b said:
That's IT. I am taking my aggressions out on my next opponent.
ranting.gif

Oh fucking lovely :lol

Matrix

Wellington said:
Want to paly tomorrow night compadre?

Yea :( I'll be free 8 pm eastern on.

Miguel

Matrix: Gonna be around tonight after 2 your time?

I haven't played MLB in a few weeks, I've got a fevah, and the only prescription, is more Trevor Hoffman nailin you in the head.

Matrix

Miguel said:
Matrix: Gonna be around tonight after 2 your time?

I haven't played MLB in a few weeks, I've got a fevah, and the only prescription, is more Trevor Hoffman nailin you in the head.

Yea :lol I'll log onto aim around then.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Damn, looking over the 2006 NFL schedule... Seattle looks to have a somewhat easy schedule not even counting their divisional games, while Carolina is up against the entire NFC East. :(

At least they are only scheduled to play in the same timeblock for Weeks 1(CAR), 6(SEA), and 17(SEA)... now if only my bastard local affiliates would carry them all...

Miguel

Willie Parker (Pittsburgh Steelers) - 20 Rushes, 145 Yards, 1 TD

WHAT THE FUCK?! WHO PLAYED FOR BOB?!

WAIT....FMT TRIES TO SCREW ME YET AGAIN!

Laying down to MrBob...FOR SHAME, FMT. FOR SHAME!

Rorschach

2 weeks in a row Raiders robbed for POTW!

Schweigert! 7 tackles 2 ints 1PD 1TD

Jordan, LaMont (RB) 148y 3td 27RA 2BTK 57L

Collins 122.7rat 163y 2td 13/16completions 0.81% 28L

:(

I wanted to be the one to break Wasabiking's streak...now I have no reason to even try to win.

When do you want to go, wasabiking?

CB3

Wow, two awsome games in a row in the league for me. Both very close. Mig you run the ball great. reminds me when i pulled out all the different kinds of runs with LT back in the day.

Matrix

Mig,I'm on mlb show online..we still playing? and if we are come and get some!

CB3

Oh yeah, Roderick Hood joins the Kick Return Td club! Took back one for 97 yards, tied for longest

5.aspx

You Go BOI!

Matrix

Miguel said:
Matrix: Be on in 10 minutes after I finish my stats.

Ok hurry,I'm getting tired and want to get atleast one game with you finished.I dont want all this waiting around to be for nothing....SO LET ME WIN! :p

Matrix

Online is down or something,I'm going to bed Mig >_<

Tomorrow night after Ck whoops me in Madden,maybe we can get a game in.

SickBoy

Hitokage said:
Damn, looking over the 2006 NFL schedule... Seattle looks to have a somewhat easy schedule not even counting their divisional games, while Carolina is up against the entire NFC East. :(

At least they are only scheduled to play in the same timeblock for Weeks 1(CAR), 6(SEA), and 17(SEA)... now if only my bastard local affiliates would carry them all...

Heh, we have opposite problems. I get every bloody Seahawks game every year, which is a part of the reason behind the fact that I hate them with a passion.

"Sure there are several very important matchups with playoff implications happening elsewhere in the NFL, but today we bring you the Seattle Seahawks, live, with our eighth-string broadcast crew."

I miss getting multiple feeds via satellite. I might spring for Sunday Ticket again now that I'm back living in a real city...

Top Bottom