• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF US Mid-term Elections 2006 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Johan van Benderschlotten said:
It's amazing, but Tucker Carlson is like 500 times less obnoxious without that bowtie.

So only slightly less then completely annoying then.

Tamanon

Banned
By the gods, James Carville should never be allowed on TV.

And I love that NJ is called while Keane is still ahead.:lol

Amir0x

Banned
Diablos said:
Damn, Chris Matthews was really beating up Howard Dean. Yet he explained himself; we need to get out of Iraq responsibly. He's acting like Dean is the ****ing President here.

I'm sorry, this is one area where Chris Matthews is totally right. They need to take EVERY major Democratic figurehead to task on this. It is not merely enough to say "Iraq war sucks", you need to be able to back that shit up with a substantive policy. Something that you can convey to the people in a manner that makes sense.

To this point, there has been no cohesive message and it's a problem

Triumph

Banned
whytemyke said:
nothing like watching chris matthews think he's slamming howard dean.

aaaand tucker carlson saying that clinton was anti-globalization.:lol
No, he was saying that Clinton was pro-globalization, but that some of these "new, more centrist democrats" are more anti-globalization. Or at least posture that way.

Amir0x said:
I'm sorry, this is one area where Chris Matthews is totally right. They need to take EVERY major Democratic figurehead to task on this. It is not merely enough to say "Iraq war sucks", you need to be able to back that shit up with a substantive policy. Something that you can convey to the people in a manner that makes sense.

Seriously, not this shit again. Www.democrats.org

You'll find a plan there.

Amir0x

Banned
Incognito said:
Seriously, not this shit again. Www.democrats.org

You'll find a plan there.

I'm sorry, I've followed this for a long time. Don't give me the URL, give me the Democrats single unified plan. Post it. And then, when the figureheads are asked, tell them to answer the ****ing question with that plan. That simple.

Diablos

Amir0x said:
He has been an average of 10 points down for an entire year. He is too far right, Pennsylvanians just don't want someone like that there.
It took a long time for fellow PA people to figure it out, though. Of course, in recent years, Santorum has indeed showed his true colors.

Chichikov

Amir0x said:

We have a saying back home –
100 wise men cannot get out a stone that one fool threw in a well.

So they need a strategy?
Yeah.
But you can’t really slam the dems for not having a simple solution to a ****ed up situation created by current administration.
Iraq is lose lose at this moment.

Juice

Amir0x said:

I agree, but matthews was being awfully pushy. In reality, there's probably not a huge difference between how the democrats would manage the war from the repubicans. It isn't an issue of philosophy, it's one of common sense--and that's where Dean was speaking from.

You can think this war was a mistake; you can believe Bush lied, yadda yadda. But I don't think you'll find anyone in on Capitol Hill willing to punish the Iraqi people for it by pulling out. Additionally, if we do pull out, destabilization of the Middle East is nearly completely assured, and everyone knows that isn't desireable.

sangreal

Tamanon said:
By the gods, James Carville should never be allowed on TV.

And I love that NJ is called while Keane is still ahead.:lol

We in NJ always deliver Blue :)

no need to count the votes

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Johan van Benderschlotten said:
No, he was saying that Clinton was pro-globalization, but that some of these "new, more centrist democrats" are more anti-globalization. Or at least posture that way.
ahhh, ok. i misheard him, haha. I was gonna say, tuckers gone batshit crazy.

I actually like Tucker quite a bit. He's got a PBS show (or at least had one) where he came off as incredibly intelligent and insightful. COMPLETELY different than he seems on most of these news shows like when he was on Crossfire. A lot of the time I see him piss people off, it's obvious he's just fanning the flames mostly.

1% reporting at Affirmative Action is a 2:1 lock to be banned in Michigan. Sorry black people, back to the stocks for you.

Amir0x said:
I'm sorry, I've followed this for a long time. Don't give me the URL, give me the Democrats single unified plan. Post it. And then, when the figureheads are asked, tell them to answer the ****ing question with that plan. That simple.

Well I'm sorry you want the Democrats to unite behind a single, simple, "cohesive," slogan so you'll feel better at night when figurehead Democrat gets on TV and is asked about Iraq. But if you head to the website, you'll find what nearly ALL Democrats are united behind. Read it, then you won't have to ask what the plan is. It's actually a pretty simple process.

Amir0x

Banned
Chichikov said:
We have a saying back home –
100 wise men cannot get out a stone that one fool threw in a well.

So they need a strategy?
Yeah.
But you can’t really slam the dems for not having a simple solution to a ****ed up situation created by current administration.
Iraq is lose lose at this moment.

Of course it's ****ed up! But it's not enough to recognize it's ****ed up. We elect leaders based on their ability to affect meaningful change. If we do not believe they have a better plan, or at least one they can convey with some eloquence, then that's an issue to me!

Incognito said:
Well I'm sorry you want the Democrats to unite behind a single, simple, "cohesive," slogan so you'll feel better at night when figurehead Democrat gets on TV and is asked about Iraq. But if you head to the website, you'll find what nearly ALL Democrats are united behind. Read it, then you won't have to ask what the plan is. It's actually a pretty simple process.

This is not an argument. IF you know the plan, post it here. Quote it in paragraph form, if you like. I've been to the Democratic website before and reviewed their party policies, and have found nothing that indicates any sort of cohesive plan. If as we clearly see the Democrats get on TV or wherever and have trouble even beginning to say what it is besides "Iraq war sucks" and "we need to bring our troops home" or "shit gotta change, yo" then that's a problem.

Tamanon

Banned
From Drudgery

VA SEN [61.48% IN]
ALLEN 679,127 50.33%
WEBB 653,942 48.46%

Starting to pull ahead a wee bit:p

And for the record, so I can blame the Democrats for the New York Jets? Awesome!

VALIS

Webb falling back a little

Virginia Senate
Updated: 8:50 p.m. ET

Republican Allen
(Incumbent)
674,399 50%
Democratic Webb
663,268 49%

60%

edit: beaten

Triumph

Banned
whytemyke said:
ahhh, ok. i misheard him, haha. I was gonna say, tuckers gone batshit crazy.

I actually like Tucker quite a bit. He's got a PBS show (or at least had one) where he came off as incredibly intelligent and insightful. COMPLETELY different than he seems on most of these news shows like when he was on Crossfire. A lot of the time I see him piss people off, it's obvious he's just fanning the flames mostly.

1% reporting at Affirmative Action is a 2:1 lock to be banned in Michigan. Sorry black people, back to the stocks for you.
I'm telling you, it's that ****ing bowtie. Makes him retarded.

Oh shit, Joe Scarborough just opened his mouth, time to change to CNN. Oh wait, he's trying to defend himself. This should be fun.

sangreal

VALIS said:
Webb falling back a little

Virginia Senate
Updated: 8:50 p.m. ET

Republican Allen
(Incumbent)
674,399 50%
Democratic Webb
663,268 49%

60%

edit: beaten

According to Schumer, the votes remaining are from the democrat-heavy Northern precincts

Chichikov

Amir0x said:
Of course it's ****ed up! But it's not enough to recognize it's ****ed up. We elect leaders based on their ability to affect meaningful change. If we do not believe they have a better plan, or at least one they can convey with some eloquence, then that's an issue to me!
I would argue that unfortunately it is impossible to come up for a plan for victory/success/minimal loss in Iraq.
It is **** up.
Sure, they can say: "we’re sorry, the neocons ****ed us so bad in the region we can only hope to minimize casualties to American troops and in time maybe re-build the international bridges GWB burned down".
That will not get them elected.

chase

Disappointed that Dems have to go more centrist to win. I'm not complaining --at the moment-- because we have bigger issues to fix than those I've heard they're moving toward the center on. But I still find it disheartening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom