• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF US Mid-term Elections 2006 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be a week before we know the outcome of some of these senate races. The post-election finger pointing is going to be brutal.

Democrats still won't take it though, in all likelihood. =/

APF

jamesinclair said:
No wine for supermarkets in Massapuritansettes.

:(
That blows. MA is so conservative in weird ways. But AFAIK they only just approved liquor sales on sunday, so baby steps...

Is Virginia going to get Florida'd? Recounts, lawyers, etc.?

And I have to say.... I'm glad to see Steele lose. He ran a truly obnoxious campaign - all style, no substance. His last campaign ad consisted of him sitting on his front steps with his kids talking about what kind of music he listens to. That's the ad - and he's running for senate. What a crock. (And, yes, he went with the ultra-banal, focus group friendly 'Sinatra, Motown, a little hip hop' answer.)

Tamanon

Banned
I do like Stewart's description of the Democrat's

"And their plan is to.....slowly back out of the room while people yell at their brother for burning down the garage."

West Coasters, I think it'll be on. It's live for once.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Chesapeake Silt said:
Is Virginia going to get Florida'd? Recounts, lawyers, etc.?

And I have to say.... I'm glad to see Steele lose. He ran a truly obnoxious campaign - all style, no substance. His last campaign ad consisted of him sitting on his front steps with his kids talking about what kind of music he listens to. That's the ad - and he's running for senate. What a crock. (And, yes, he went with the ultra-banal, focus group friendly 'Sinatra, Motown, a little hip hop' answer.)

Sounds like it is their turn.

Diablos

Fragamemnon said:

Feels really good to take back the House. Senate is a real nailbiter, but I still say we take five and not six. :(
Where's that Team America animated gif of the evil laughter? :D

NomarTyme

sangreal said:
dems have picked up enough for house control now according to cnn
hifivekt6.gif

threeball

Banned
i guess this is what kind of effect the liberal media has on people... too many people just voting democrat because they hate bush and listen to the liberal media too much

ToxicAdam

sangreal said:
fox news is reporting that steele refuses to concede and people are withdrawing projections :lol

Can you blame the guy? He has a 4 point lead with almost half the votes in!

senate 44% of precincts reporting

Candidate Party Vote Total Percent Winner
Steele Rep 315935 51%
Cardin Dem 293212 47%
Zeese Grn 10138 2%

threeball

Banned
liberals outnumber conservatives in this thread 20:1 it seems

i feel like an extreme minority

oh well its the internet, lots more liberals on the internet than conservatives

Dreamfixx

I don't know shit about shit
sangreal said:
fox news is reporting that steele refuses to concede and people are withdrawing projections :lol
I think Webb just did the same thing. Saw it on the local news a few mins ago...

Triumph

Banned
threeball said:
i guess this is what kind of effect the liberal media has on people... too many people just voting democrat because they hate bush and listen to the liberal media too much
Your avatar says so much.

zou

threeball said:
liberals outnumber conservatives in this thread 20:1 it seems

i feel like an extreme minority

oh well its the internet, lots more liberals on the internet than conservatives

At least we got a republican GameFAQ fan, eh?

Phoenix

William "please disregard the 90k you found in my freezer" Jefferson, is currently winning his district in Louisiana with 73% reporting.

Karakand said:
What a bunch of bass ackward folks.

And yet

Plymouth: Decriminalize marijuana use
Yes No
9,307 5,862

3rd Middlesex: Allow marijuana for medical use
Yes No
32,607 16,105

Mass also voted against fusion voting. :(

I blame whoever wrote the iniciative for making it so damn confusing

Status