• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF US Mid-term Elections 2006 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

threeball said:
Wow. Look at that CNN anchor's blatant enthusiasm and attempt at trying to break a smile talking about the democrats taking the house and discussing the senate.
You can always watch that other network since CNN seems to be upsetting you so much.
The remote is an awesome device.

Tamanon said:
Missouri got a lot closer, but Tennessee is done.

Not that it makes a difference though, I almost feel bad for people who get their hopes up that government will somehow suddenly change now that the other party has started to take over:p
It's not Republican dominance anymore, and that's the most important thing. I'm sure most folks understand that this isn't going to get rid of Bush.

VALIS

Incognito said:
Senate is still iffy, though.

Senate is dead. Even if Webb beats Allen in a last second comeback, Tennessee isn't very close and neither is Missouri. Dems need 3 of the last 4.

jamesinclair said:
Only 2% left!

and 7,000 vote difference!
ishackimageql7.gif

Tamanon

Banned
Diablos said:
You can always watch that other network since CNN seems to be upsetting you so much.
The remote is an awesome device.

It's not Republican dominance anymore, and that's the most important thing. I'm sure most folks understand that this isn't going to get rid of Bush.

Actually I wasn't saying that, I was pointing out that it really doesn't matter what party is in power in the Government these days:p

ToxicAdam

Time for Steele to throw in the towel ... Cardin is pulling away ..

senate 56% of precincts reporting

Candidate Party Vote Total Percent Winner
Cardin Dem 385490 50%
Steele Rep 365893 48%
Zeese Grn 12516 2%

About a 6 point swing in the past 12 percent of precincts reporting.

Tamanon said:
Actually I wasn't saying that, I was pointing out that it really doesn't matter what party is in power in the Government these days:p

On fundamental issues such as Iraq, Terrorism, Health Care, College Tutition, Minimum wage, etc..., there are vast differences between the two parties. And for anyone paying attention during the last five years of unfettered Republican rule, it truly does matter which party has a lever of power in Government these days.

Wes

venison crêpe
For some reason I'm excited about this just from watching BBC News 24 and this has less than nothing to do with me.

Oh and watching ABC reporters try to "speak in terms that the Brits would understand" on the BBC News is rather funny viewing.

House under Dem control
Harris and Blackwell are toast
Santorum bye bye
We be havin' some abortions in SD

Today is a great day and trolls am crying inside.

Thanks, Phoenix.

In young voter news...

Young voter turnout in a set of targeted precincts increased by an average of 50 percent over the 2002 election, and by as much as 111 percent in some precincts, according to an Election Night analysis by the Center for Information and Research on Civic Learning and Engagement (CIRCLE), continuing a national trend of growing young voter participation that began in the 2004 election.

"Based on numbers provided to us by the New Voters Project, it appears that in selected Ohio precincts with high concentrations of college students, the turnout increase was very substantial compared to 2002. Overall, the number of votes cast in those precincts increased by about 50 percent, ranging from 6% to 111% in specific precincts," said Peter Levine, Director of CIRCLE.

ronito said:
Allen: 1,114,969 49.47%
Webb: 1,111,806 49.33%
Third wheel:24,907 1.11%

3,000 vote difference

Seriously looks like these last few districts are heavily Webb...looks like if this trend continues he'll have this by a few thousand.

ToxicAdam

senate 99% of precincts reporting
Webb Dem 1141052 50%
Allen Rep* 1138676 49%
Parker IG 25512 1%

source: ABC news

teiresias

The more annoying thing about the Green candidate in VA was that she announced like a week or two weeks ago that she was going to withdraw and that she was "in negotiations" with both the Webb and Allen campaigns to decide which to endorse. She kept up this charade and I saw her discussing it on the news not one day ago, and I don't think she ever actually officially withdrew or endorsed either one.

teiresias

ToxicAdam said:
senate 99% of precincts reporting
Webb Dem 1141052 50%
Allen Rep* 1138676 49%
Parker IG 25512 1%

source: ABC news

What, what, what? Either way, there will be a recount, and I think the margin is small enough that the state is going to be paying for it too.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
happyfunball said:
Seriously looks like these last few districts are heavily Webb...looks like if this trend continues he'll have this by a few thousand.

oh god oh god oh god

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom