• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF US Mid-term Elections 2006 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefit

Phoenix said:
William "please disregard the 90k you found in my freezer" Jefferson, is currently winning his district in Louisiana with 73% reporting.
:lol omg he's gonna get kicked out you know.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Phoenix said:
William "please disregard the 90k you found in my freezer" Jefferson, is currently winning his district in Louisiana with 73% reporting.

Should I be shocked?

ToxicAdam

Phoenix said:

Only in Louisiana ..... its almost comical now.

threeball

Banned
i remember watching the 2004 election on CNN and it was like i was watching a funeral, they are so biased towards the left its not even funny

i withstood to watch it 30 seconds and beared down(i hate CNN) and their bias is so obvious, im sure they are throwing a party off camera

meanwhile fox news you can tell brit hume is about to break out into tears... he seems frustrated, oh well

Tamanon

Banned
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

"And like most threeways, ended up with one man sitting in the corner watching awkwardly" about the Connecticut election.

Cheebs

Democrats: 234
Republicans: 201

Phoenix

ToxicAdam said:
Only in Louisiana ..... its almost comical now.

Its even more hilarious that is a 13 WAY race! So many people wanted to take him down that they split the vote so badly that it looks like no one will take him down :lol

threeball

Banned
Cheebs said:

quit trolling

there is only one non-liberal in this thread and thats me

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Phoenix said:
Its even more hilarious that is a 13 WAY race! So many people wanted to take him down that they split the vote so badly that it looks like no one will take him down :lol

Irony can be so ironic sometimes.

Earlier this year, I predicted a +22 gain in the House and I was laughed at! It's true, dig up the quote! Then yesterday(or was it today) I revised the prediction to +31. And now, MSNBC is projecting a +32 pickup for Dems. Awesome! Senate is still iffy, though.

Phoenix said:

Why would 9 people from the same party run against each other?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
i remember watching the 2004 election on CNN and it was like i was watching a funeral, they are so biased towards the left its not even funny

Yeah, I agree with you there. I'm pretty anti-Republican, but as a journalist, that shit bothers me immensely.

But then again, Fox News isn't any better.

thefit

I've stayed quietly optimistic all along I just couldn't take another 2000/2004 election year again I was so depressed after 2000 I stopped watching the news.

Ripclawe

Banned
Liberals may be in the house dem leadership positions, but some blue-dog dems got elected to night and the Dems overall moved to the center like someone said early in the thread. They can't go to the left now.

The only thing I see the White House being pleased with is they can push that Immigration amnesty bill thru.

Dreamfixx

I don't know shit about shit
threeball said:
quit trolling

Why does Democrat=liberal? Some of us just wanna stick it to the Republicans this year.

Diablos

The 2004 elections were pretty hard on anyone in this country who is a Democrat.

Anyway, I just want Webb to win Virginia now. I know they won't take back the Senate, but, Allen doesn't deserve it. And a win for Allen strokes his ego for '08, no doubt.

threeball

Banned
Wow. Look at that CNN anchor's blatant enthusiasm and attempt at trying to break a smile talking about the democrats taking the house and discussing the senate.

Diablos said:
Hastert concedes. Such a beautiful thing.
WOT2.gif

Did he just take a look at the projections and say "**** this, I'm not going to be Pelosi's bitch"?

sangreal

threeball said:
quit trolling

I am not really liberal. I want the democrats to win because I think a divided government is better for the people. Specifically, I look forward to more congressional oversight of the Bush Admin

Cheebs said:
Who am I trolling? I am celebrating Americans kicking out the dirty republicans.

He's just looking for attention.

I'm suprised the election is turning out so well for the Dems, I was afraid that when it actually came time to vote, things weren't going to go nearly as well as some were expecting. But there's still the Senate.

Things are looking up.

ronito

Freaking VA, how can you guys keep that slimeball Allen around? You really think that every black man would like a deer head in his mailbox or something? VA= the new florida.

threeball

Banned
Dreamfixx said:
Why does Democrat=liberal? Some of us just wanna stick it to the Republicans this year.

I basically mean non-republicans and/or non-conservatives. you know, the bush haters, the iraq war haters, the gay marrige wanters, the illegal immigration embracers

Ripclawe said:
Liberals may be in the house dem leadership positions, but some blue-dog dems got elected to night and the Dems overall moved to the center like someone said early in the thread. They can't go to the left now.

The only thing I see the White House being pleased with is they can push that Immigration amnesty bill thru.

The blue dog strategy is going to come back to haunt Pelosi and company. Republicans have dominated elections for so long, we had to clear out some of the dead weight and get a new crop of visionaries in.

I'm looking forward to 2008 and beyond.

zou

threeball said:
Wow. Look at that CNN anchor's blatant enthusiasm and attempt at trying to break a smile talking about the democrats taking the house and discussing the senate.

There's always FOX, you know?

threeball said:
quit trolling

Real conservatives know that single-party Rethug rule is ruining this country and that checks and balances are needed if we aren't going to trash our economy and global status. You sir, are just a Republican and not a true conservative. Rooting for politics like some kind of goddamn football game instead of looking at the big picture is part of the problem. Time for people like you to start thinking outside of the box.

Triumph

Banned
Incognito said:
Earlier this year, I predicted a +22 gain in the House and I was laughed at! It's true, dig up the quote! Then yesterday(or was it today) I revised the prediction to +31. And now, MSNBC is projecting a +32 pickup for Dems. Awesome! Senate is still iffy, though.
Honestly, it's probably for the best. This way they can't be solely blamed for the shitstorm of gridlock that's about to come down over the next two years. Although, if I was going to pick one house to win, it would be the Senate and not the House. Oh well.

threeball

Banned
ronito said:
Freaking VA, how can you guys keep that slimeball Allen around? You really think that every black man would like a deer head in his mailbox or something? VA= the new florida.

wait until he runs for president

Johan van Benderschlotten said:
Honestly, it's probably for the best. This way they can't be solely blamed for the shitstorm of gridlock that's about to come down over the next two years. Although, if I was going to pick one house to win, it would be the Senate and not the House. Oh well.

At least we finally won one. I don't drink, but I think I'm going to get hammered tonight!

Tamanon

Banned
Missouri got a lot closer, but Tennessee is done.

Not that it makes a difference though, I almost feel bad for people who get their hopes up that government will somehow suddenly change now that the other party has started to take over:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom