• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF US Mid-term Elections 2006 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zilch

Banned
Well this turned out better (but with much less unintentional hilarity) than the 04 presidential election thread.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
read the faces of these guys on CNN.. Carvill is happy. Republican guy is pretty stonefaced.

CNN doesnt want to show anyone calling a race until they do. Thats why they cut away.

Chichikov

JayDubya said:
Yeah, McCain called their shit tonight on NBC. Fiscal conservatives ftw, social conservatives ftl.
It’s not even fiscal conservatism, it’s fiscal responsibility.
You can run a small government, you can run a big government, just make sure you can ****ing fund it.

Holy ****ing shit, with all the races completed, MSNBC is reporting that the Dem's gains in the house were a whopping 39 seats!
HSMP's avatar is pretty good for how I'm feeling...
th37221silent_bob.gif

Gruco

Banned
Gah, I got up early to vote this morning and should definitely be in bed by now, but watching Republicans get smacked around is way too entertaining and exciting.

Every day should be watch-the-Republicans-get-their-asses-kicked day.

+39?! Wow, I predicted +31 and thought that even that number was a bit optimistic. This gain is even more impressive considering the extent of gerrymandering and incumbent strength that has taken place over the last 10 years. Amazing, just an amazing night.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
39 seats flipped in the House, Senate picked up by the Dems.

YES!

This is a much better night than I thought.

12K vote lead in Virginia now.

Im calling it. Its done.. good guys win.

sangreal

Incognito said:
He conceded. I'm calling it now, Dems win Montana and Virgina and capture the Senate. :D

Looks that way, but we won't find out for weeks :(

I hope Allen takes the high road and doesn't go for a recount. I don't think he really has a chance now even with a recount. Webb is really pulling away

Diablos

Incognito said:
+39?! Wow, I predicted +31 and thought that even that number was a bit optimistic. This gain is even more impressive considering the extent of gerrymandering and incumbent strength that has taken place over the last 10 years. Amazing, just an amazing night.
Historic, really.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
aside from the disgusting trend of states banning same-sex unions in addition to same-sex marriage (gee, can't they even be separate but equal?), it's very nice to see that voters have repealed South Dakota's draconian abortion ban.

It looks almost certain that Democrats have completed the trifecta - a solid lead in the House, Senate and in State Governors.

Matt

Johan van Benderschlotten said:
Telling you guys, still too close to call those two House races in GA. The incumbent Dems are up, but barely.

Georgia 08
Updated: 2:02 a.m. ET
Full GA

Democratic Marshall
(Incumbent)
76,717 50% 95% of precincts reporting votes by county not available

Republican Collins
76,009 50%

KEY RACE
Georgia 12
Updated: 2:02 a.m. ET
Full GA

Democratic Barrow
(Incumbent)
69,991 51% 95% of precincts reporting votes by county not available

Republican Burns
66,604 49%
I just spent some time working it out. Don't worry, the Dems will keep both those seats (but only by about 250 votes in the 8th).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom