• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF US Mid-term Elections 2006 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ToxicAdam said:
fifty.jpg

Oh what could have been ....
Yeah, I coulda had enough money to buy a PS3
in the spring, when Virtua Fighter 5 comes out and supply is more plentiful.
:D

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
McCaskill is calling her win too. Looking good for the dems.

Now its Montana which is holding steady right now. I have no clue how to read that state.. usually elections break democratic towards the end.. but there is no major city, so I have no idea whats gonna happen.

What Im seeing from some dem blogs are all but calling Montana also.

This is a great night.

jjasper

Good night for me A UT football legend won his race, and Harold began his Memphis mayor 07 run today (even though he doesn't know it)

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
PantherLotus said:
McCaskill Dem 867,683 49%
Talent Rep* 842,251 48%

85% reporting.
Is that really true? Seems kind of silly to declare victory already if so.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Webb seems a lock in VA, and McCaskill is giving her money shot speech. we unofficially have a tie in the Senate with one last seat left.

oh, the fun.

Mandark said:
Personally, I want to cop to being way off on Lieberman/Lamont/Whatshisname.

The Democratic Party couldn't throw everything it had at him, even officially supporting Lamont, because of the possibility of him winning and defecting. Which was totally predictable right from the primaries, and I didn't figure out because I was stupid.

Thanks everybody for not taking the bet!

Ditto. Was right in the primary, dead wrong on the General Election. I thought for sure Lieberman's support would have bottomed out and he would dropped out by the end of September. Oh, how wrong I was... :lol

JayDubya

Banned
Yaaaay congressional gridlock + veto, veto, veto, veto!!!

No government, no government, tra, la, la, la, la! :D

Seriously though, either party controlling the legislature and the executive is terrible as long as both parties generally suck as much as ours do right now.

The Republicans needed to be punched in the face as hard as possible so they can change their tune and go back to their fiscally conservative roots. Or the Democrats return to being classical liberals. Until either happens, I want government to be as divided and unproductive as possible.

The real problem is that both parties agree on the notion of wasting money and giving themselves raises. :(

thefit

Diablos said:
Polls are gonna be "open" for another four hours so they can recount the machines that ****ed up I assume.

Thats worrisome busted machines = evil doing as far as I'm concerned and without a paper trail( stupid republicans) if it got wiped who knows what will happen.

castle007

Banned
scorcho said:
Webb seems a lock in VA, and McCaskill is giving her money shot speech. we unofficially have a tie in the Senate with one last seat left.

oh, the fun.

wouldn't that make it:

50 D

49 R

1 left

???

Chichikov

JayDubya said:
Yaaaay congressional gridlock + veto, veto, veto, veto!!!

No government, no government, tra, la, la, la, la! :D

Seriously though, either party controlling the legislature and the executive is terrible as long as both parties generally suck as much as ours do right now.

The Republicans needed to be punched in the face as hard as possible so they can change their tune and go back to their roots.
Gridlock maybe the only thing that would curb that ****ing deficit that the so called conservative administration bestowed upon the American people.
Crude?
Sure.
Ugly?
**** yeah.
But the fiscal reality is fairly ****ing grim.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
PantherLotus said:
Obviously. The assumption is that she's already received a call of concession.

yepp. THey are also looking at alot more data than CNN is giving us. Exit polls, etc.

Holy shit there's an actual chance that they just might take it officially, and even if they don't they still have Independents Bernie Sanders and Joe (boo!) Lieberman who will still typically vote with them (Bernie because he votes his conscience, and Lieberman because he won't want to lose seats).

JayDubya

Banned
Chichikov said:
Gridlock maybe the only thing that would curb that ****ing deficit that the so called conservative administration bestowed upon the American people.
Crude?
Sure.
Ugly?
**** yeah.
But the fiscal reality is fairly ****ing grim.

Yeah, McCain called their shit tonight on NBC. Fiscal conservatives ftw, social conservatives ftl.

Triumph

Banned
Telling you guys, still too close to call those two House races in GA. The incumbent Dems are up, but barely.

Georgia 08
Updated: 2:02 a.m. ET
Full GA

Democratic Marshall
(Incumbent)
76,717 50% 95% of precincts reporting votes by county not available

Republican Collins
76,009 50%

KEY RACE
Georgia 12
Updated: 2:02 a.m. ET
Full GA