• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF US Mid-term Elections 2006 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This perfectly explains the Republicans now... :lol
faceplant.gif

bear2.gif

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
welcome to humility, mr. president.

anyone think there was a deal struck-- no investigations into war if Bush accepts new SecDef?

Pimpwerx

Looks like the Dems actually managed to win as they claimed. They fed us this line of crap in 2004, and Kerry failed miserably. It looks like they got it together this time. It's not like they're gonna do anything though. Congress is so ill-equipped to legislate that it's gonna be more of the same. I just hope they can undo shit like the Patriot Act and the other security bills Bush and his cronies rubber-stamped. PEACE.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
YakiSOBA said:
in a nutshell, what does rumsfeld stepping down mean?
The Democrats get to confirm who becomes the Secretary of Defense, so nobody is going to fill that office and lead the military without firm Democrat approval.

YakiSOBA

whytemyke said:
The Democrats get to confirm who becomes the Secretary of Defense, so nobody is going to fill that office and lead the military without firm Democrat approval.

ooooh, icic! thanks

wave dial

Completely unable to understand satire
whytemyke said:
this senate is in session till january. the new dude may get in first

JayDubya

Banned
Bob Gates, eh? Good call. I went to A&M - I met the guy, liked him, liked his policies on campus.

He's not really much of a political figure, but he is extremely adroit.

Amir0x

Banned
Wow, it is so telling how different Bush's tone is right now. It's not particularly subtle, either. This is sooo satisfying.

teiresias

Hearing Bush try and attempt to talk about "cooperation" and "bipartisanship" is laughable since he just can't do it and sound credible. His behavior up to now is testament to that.

I generally can't stand listening to Bush speak, but this was like sweet nectar spilling down my ear canal, no longer as cocky as before, though his statement to the terrorists about "don't mistake this for weakness" as if the American people had made some mistake in this election.

Amir0x

Banned
echoshifting said:
I dunno, the message on Iraq seems like more of the same to me.

That's not what I meant. It's the difference in tone. He's defeated, and you can tell in his emotions and mannerisms. It's not particularly subtle, as I said.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Amir0x said:
Wow, it is so telling how different Bush's tone is right now. It's not particularly subtle, either. This is sooo satisfying.
:lol i'm giddy here. this is the first time i've heard him actually consider bipartisanship in years.

ugh. they're getting rid of rumsfeld now so the dems don't have a real say in who gets to replace rummy. smart move by Rove.

Tamanon said:
The message is "bring 'em home, after the country is able to stand on its own". What's wrong with it?

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it - I do think there is a lot wrong with the President's stance on Iraq, but I don't want to get into it. I was simply disagreeing with Ami that his tone is different, at least in regards to Iraq.

That's not what I meant. It's the difference in tone. He's defeated, and you can tell in his emotions and mannerisms. It's not particularly subtle, as I said.

That I'll agree with. He's clearly frustrated. What's really tragic about this President is that he truly believes he is making the right choices for America and any indication that Americans disagree is just devastating to him.

So Bush just admits he lied to the press, and that he had no clue this loss was coming hahaha.

edit: "I thought we were going to do fine in the election. Shows what I know"
hahaha

JayDubya

Banned
whytemyke said:
:lol i'm giddy here. this is the first time i've heard him actually consider bipartisanship in years.

ugh. they're getting rid of rumsfeld now so the dems don't have a real say in who gets to replace rummy. smart move by Rove.

They'd really have no reason to oppose Gates. Unless they just wanted to oppose anyone put forth on general principle of it being Bush's nominee, Gates is solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom