• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF US Mid-term Elections 2006 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There goes Bush with No Child Left Behind....

What a ****ing mess of education law.

White Man said:
This thread is a bit too fast, so I don't know if it's been said: Montana has been called for the Democrats.

What was the final tally? Enough for a recount?

he just said he's anxious after totally stuttering up after trying to remember bipartisan pieces of legislation...
"No child left behind... some tax cuts... no child left behind... "

Mercury Fred said:
Wow. Bush is stammering, incoherent, desperate, this is so damned satisfying.

It would be a lot more satisfying if these reporters were being more professional. The neocons/Fox are going to have a field day with this conference.

Mifune

Mehmber
distantmantra said:
What was the final tally? Enough for a recount?

They said last night that the difference would need to be less that a thousand votes for there to be a recount in Montana.

With 99% reporting, it's at 4K right now.

:D

"I want to ask you about that thumpin at yesterday's rodeo"
Bush: I see what you did there lol
"And that was thumpin without a G!"

edit: at least type what they are saying

oops, withOUT a G

Matt

White Man said:
This thread is a bit too fast, so I don't know if it's been said: Montana has been called for the Democrats.
Yeah, and they just called Road Island for Carcieri (incumbent Republican).

Tamanon

Banned
WTF is with that reporter just making up stuff, and saying "oh you gave me that impression" after saying it was a quote.

datruth29 said:
Some of these reporters are freakin cocks. Can anyone of them ask a question without being a smartass?
Why the hell shouldn't they take this guy to task. He himself has been a smartass since day one.

SUCK IT DOWN.

Tamanon

Banned
Mercury Fred said:
Why the hell shouldn't they take this guy to task. He himself has been a smartass since day one.

SUCK IT DOWN.

Because, they're reporters. They report. Now all they're doing is fulfilling the image Republicans had created of the media's liberal bias.

Zenith

Banned
datruth29 said:
Some of these reporters are freakin cocks. Can anyone of them ask a question without being a smartass?

they're positively mild by British standards. there's so much to tear into him on they wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't (like they haven't for the past 6 years).

edit:
Because, they're reporters. They report.

lol, that's right. they should just reproduce all the info handed to them word for word no matter how many issues with it. hell, why not just have whitehouse press releases in place of newspaper articles? oh wait....

WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON?

At least throw those of us at work a bone and tell us some of these asshole questions in between the "LOL BURNNZ" posts.

kojacker

Zenith said:
they're positively mild by British standards. there's so much to tear into him on they wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't (like they haven't for the past 6 years).
QFT

He wasn't really asked a proper difficult question and didn't answer properly a difficult question. Seemed pretty mild

White Man

Matt said:
Yeah, and they just called Road Island for Carcieri (incumbent Republican).

That's Governor, not house or Senate, though. Doesn't really matter a whole ton in the national scheme of things.

Mifune

Mehmber
Tamanon said:
Because, they're reporters. They report. Now all they're doing is fulfilling the image Republicans had created of the media's liberal bias.

An image that is complete horseshit, by the way. Where has this liberal bias been for the past six years of this administration? The media let the administration get away with EVERYTHING.

The media is about as liberal as the global conglomerates that own and operate it...not very.

Tamanon

Banned
Zenith said:

edit:

lol, that's right. they should just reproduce all the info handed to them word for word no matter how many issues with it. hell, why not just have whitehouse press releases in place of newspaper articles? oh wait....

You're right.

"Does Nancy Pelosi look like Bill Bullock?"

"Mrs Pelosi called you incompetent and a moron, how can you work with her?"

Yup, that's drawing out the info:p

Matt

White Man said:
That's Governor, not house or Senate, though. Doesn't really matter a whole ton in the national scheme of things.
Oh I know it was Governor, but thought it was worth mentioning.

White Man said:

Yeah, after panicking, I looked up Rhode Island's races to see if he was referring to the senate race or not. Phew!

Tamanon said:
Oh spare me. The Republican hegemony has been snide and nasty from day one. When Bush opens his ****ing press conference with a sexist joke about Pelosi and an interior decorator, he's pretty much setting the tone right there and deserves to be ripped into.

Zaptruder

Banned
datruth29 said:
You could take him to task without acting like your 14 years old.

The fact that he has so much open to attack is more damning on Bush then it is on librul media hurhur.

A good president wouldn't be open to half the criticsms and would be able to articulate clearly on the questions he does get.

Instead, you guys are trying to insinuate that the stammering nervousness of Bush is somehow a fault of the media?

Lo-Volt

The Democrats on the cusp of bicameral power and now Rumsfeld's idiotic ass is leaving the administration over Cheney's apparent objections? This dish of schadenfreude is delicious.

Tamanon

Banned
Mercury Fred said:
Oh spare me. The Republican hegemony has been snide and nasty from day one. When Bush opens his ****ing press conference with a sexist joke about Pelosi and an interior decorator, he's pretty much setting the tone right there and deserves to be ripped into.

Now you're just reaching. A sexist joke? Dude, it's alright, you won, you don't have to be bitter:p

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
distantmantra said:
Well, hot damn, the radio station I was listening to for Bush's conference is running Rush Limbaugh... do I stick around and listen to it?

Yeah you've gotta let us know what Rush says.

Guys, saying "Bush and the Republicans are all assholes so it's okay for the media to treat Bush like shit!" is not okay. That was the perfect opportunity to shake off the image of a liberal media which is already settling over this election and the press blew it, big time.

echoshifting said:
Guys, saying "Bush and the Republicans are all assholes so it's okay for the media to treat Bush like shit!" is not okay. That was the perfect opportunity to shake off the image of a liberal media which is already settling over this election and the press blew it, big time.

gimme a ****ing break

Tamanon said:
Now you're just reaching. A sexist joke? Dude, it's alright, you won, you don't have to be bitter:p
Would Bush have made a crack about the drapes and an interior decorator if the new speaker had been male?

And, I'm not bitter, just delighting in seeing how little the Republicans can take what they've been dishing out for years.

DarienA

echoshifting said:

That gets a big so what, because in the big scheme of things that's going to be something that doesn't matter nearly as much.

Yamauchi

Banned
Fresh off victory, Lieberman looks to the future

Published November 8 2006

HARTFORD, Conn. -- Sen. Joe Lieberman, who defied Democrats and ran as an independent to hang onto his seat, said Wednesday there is nothing Republicans could do to convince him to switch to the GOP.

"See, there's a little playfulness in me that wants to make a joke about that, but it's too serious," Lieberman said one day after winning election to a fourth term.

With Democrats and Republicans jockeying for control of the closely divided Senate, both parties will need Lieberman's vote.

Things were still up in the air Wednesday, but Democrats were assured of 50 votes with the defeat of GOP Sen. Conrad Burns in Montana. They led in Virginia over GOP Sen. George Allen, setting the stage for a possible 51-49 majority that would include two Democrat-voting independents, Lieberman and Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont.

Lieberman reiterated his pledge to remain with the Democrats.

"When I give my word, I stick to it, and I'm definitely going to organize with the Senate Democratic caucus," Lieberman said.

Lieberman won decisively Tuesday with roughly 50 percent of the vote to anti-war Democrat Ned Lamont's 40 percent. Republican Alan Schlesinger trailed far behind with 10 percent.

Lieberman, who just six years ago was the Democratic vice presidential nominee, said he was "tested like never before" in the acrimonious campaign where both sides spent heavily on TV attack ads.

Lamont, a wealthy businessman and political unknown who put $16 million of his own money into the race, including a $2 million loan, upset Lieberman in August's primary in a contest widely seen as a referendum on Iraq and a sharp rebuke of Lieberman's pro-war views.

DarienA said:
That gets a big so what, because in the big scheme of things that's going to be something that doesn't matter nearly as much.

I'm sure you're right. All I know is when my very conservative parents come over for dinner tonight and the conversation turns to politics, all they are going to want to talk about is how noble the president was in the face of those rabid reporters. :p

I know it's not a big deal in the long run, but I was genuinely embarrassed by some of those questions.

datruth29

Zaptruder said:
The fact that he has so much open to attack is more damning on Bush then it is on librul media hurhur.

A good president wouldn't be open to half the criticsms and would be able to articulate clearly on the questions he does get.

Instead, you guys are trying to insinuate that the stammering nervousness of Bush is somehow a fault of the media?
When the hell did I blame the media for making Bush inept at speaking?

Mercury Fred said:
Would Bush have made a crack about the drapes and an interior decorator if the new speaker had been male?

And, I'm not bitter, just delighting in seeing how little the Republicans can take what they've been dishing out for years.
The drapes joke is actually pretty old. Even the simpsons have referenced it.

Tamanon

Banned
Mercury Fred said:

He wouldn't have made that crack if Pelosi hadn't had that conversation with Russert about "You're pretty close to changing the drapes in the office" :p

Mercury Fred said:
Yeah, he would have. It was about getting drapes for the new office, it had nothing to do with her gender.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
echoshifting said:
That was the perfect opportunity to shake off the image of a liberal media which is already settling over this election and the press blew it, big time.

Shaking off the image of a liberal media is not something the people who actually believe such a thing exists care to have right about now. The defeated need their dependable boogeymen.

DarienA

echoshifting said:
I'm sure you're right. All I know is when my very conservative parents come over for dinner tonight and the conversation turns to politics, all they are going to want to talk about is how noble the president was in the face of those rabid reporters. :p

I know it's not a big deal in the long run, but I was genuinely embarrassed by some of those questions.

Dood I'm truly embarrassed by our President and his actions/direction during this term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom