• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF US Mid-term Elections 2006 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheebs

DarienA said:
I don't think it's official yet but since the win is going to be by 1% or less it's pretty much a given.
The difference is at OVER 8,000 now. The highest amount that switched in a recount is 800 votes.

Why do a recount? There is 0% chance he can win unless over 8,000 votes magically appear.

Cheebs

I am watching the press conference with Schumar on tv. It is so weird hearing a democrat call for the end of a recount and concede the election to the democrat.

jgkspsx

A Dem majority in the Senate would be so nice to see. Well, so long as a Republican is elected in 2008 or the Dems lose a chamber or two in 2008, anyway.

A government divided against itself is the only kind that really works these days.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
crazednancypelosi.jpg

AHHH BITCHES AHHH

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Cheebs said:
The difference is at OVER 8,000 now. The highest amount that switched in a recount is 800 votes.

Why do a recount? There is 0% chance he can win unless over 8,000 votes magically appear.

Believe me I agree with you, I'm just restating the law in VA and what the current feelings are. God I HOPE there isn't a friggin recount.

Cheebs

jgkspsx said:
A Dem majority in the Senate would be so nice to see. Well, so long as a Republican is elected in 2008 or the Dems lose a chamber or two in 2008, anyway.

A government divided against itself is the only kind that really works these days.
A divided government is great if they are willing to work with eachother.

Also democrats wont lose congress in 08 regardless who wins. They will lose some of those extremely lucky seats they won like Foley and Delay of course. But the house only switches in a wave election which only happens every decade or so. Plus the Dem's have a bigger lead than Republican's had going into this election.

Bildocube

MAY THE SECULAR PROGRESSIVE MOVEMENT BEGIN!!! WE GOTTA MARRY THEM GAYS AND KILL THEM BABIES PRONTO!!! IN YO FACE O'REILLY!! :lol

SAN FRANCISCO VALUES!!!

medium_oreillymad.2.jpg

Cheebs

Bildocube said:
MAY THE SECULAR PROGRESSIVE MOVEMENT BEGIN!!! WE GOTTA MARRY THEM GAYS AND KILL THEM BABIES PRONTO!!! IN YO FACE O'REILLY!! :lol

SAN FRANCISCO VALUES!!!

medium_oreillymad.2.jpg
I might watch O'Reilly tonight just to see him cry. :lol :lol :lol

DarienA

teiresias said:
Apparently Bush has invited democrats to lunch, apparently it's BYOC though.

Bush has invited them to lunch? OMG this is so obvious! How do the dems not see this coming!

trap.jpg

GhaleonEB

DSCC release on the two close Senate seats:

Both Jon Tester and Jim Webb have won their races in Montana and Virginia but want to make sure that every vote is counted. We expect to have official results soon but can happily declare today that Democrats have taken the majority in the U.S. Senate.

Montana Vote Situation: Jon Tester leads Conrad Burns by approximately 1,700 votes (as of 11am EDT) and counting. In Silver Bow County (Butte), a Democratic stronghold, votes are still being counted but Tester is winning there with 66% of the vote. We expect to gain the majority of these uncounted votes and to add to Tester's margin.

Montana Process: When the counting phase is completed, a canvass will verify the vote tallies. That process could take as long as 48 hours, and must begin within three days and end within seven. Unless the canvass shows the margin to be within ¼ of 1%, there is no recount. As the loser, Burns would have to request the recount. When the votes are all counted, we expect to be outside that recount margin.

Virginia Vote Situation: Jim Webb is up by approximately 8,000 votes and once the provisional ballots are counted, we expect Webb's margin to increase. (Please note that VA absentees were included in the tallies from last night.)

Virginia Process: A canvass is underway to verify the results and we expect that process to finish within a day or so. To be in recount, the margin needs to be less than 1% and Allen (as the loser) would have to request it. Because of Virginia voting laws, the margin would have to be much tighter than it currently is to see any change in the outcome. Given the current margins, that is highly, highly unlikely.
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/11/8/11169/6462

They're confident that there won't be a recount in Montana, I was expecting one.

WedgeX

Banned
What a fine thing to wake up and eat lunch to this morning.

But damn, proposal 2 in MI won by the same margin that Granholm did. It doesn't make sense!

DarienA

echoshifting said:
What the hell, look at the picture of Hillary on the Fox front page.... :lol

110806_clinton_hillary.jpg

Hillary's race wasn't even close. Spencer had no chance.

NWO

mamacint said:
Why are so many conservatives obsessed with sniffing Bill's crotch? It's ****ing weird.

Because "sex" is the worst thing ever to most conservatives.

Look at how they overracted to the Super Bowl incident where you had to pause the TV, zoom in, and maybe make out a nipple. They freaked out like it was the end of the world.

Killing people = okay
Nudity, sex, or anything related to sex = unforgiveable

DarienA said:
Hillary's race wasn't even close. Spencer had no chance.

Oh, I know, I just think it's a weird picture. And weirder still to feature Hillary instead of Pelosi or something to do with one of the two undecided races.

ToxicAdam

Don't think O'Reilly is crying about this result. This is the best thing that could ever happen to him as far as his show and ratings (which have dipped a bit lately) are concerned. Infinite amount of material for the next few years.

chase

So: What does this mean for issues like stem cell research and all the pissing on the Constitution that's gone on in the past few years?

JayDubya

Banned
ToxicAdam said:
Don't think O'Reilly is crying about this result. This is the best thing that could ever happen to him as far as his show and ratings (which have dipped a bit lately) are concerned. Infinite amount of material for the next few years.

Exactly. O'Reilly only stands to profit from this, because his fans will consider him more relevant than ever and he'll have a lot more to actively disagree with.

If anything, expect the Daily Show to suffer.

Tamanon

Banned
JayDubya said:
Exactly. O'Reilly only stands to profit from this, because his fans will consider him more relevant than ever and he'll have a lot more to actively disagree with.

Although ironically, if he plays it right, Colbert will be skyrocketing I think:p

Diablos said:
Ahh, it's gonna take forever for the Webb and Allen votes to be recounted.

Allen cannot ask for a recount until the vote is certified on November 27th.

The 2004 Gubernatorial recount in Washington state took FOREVER... this should be fun.

Cheebs

JayDubya said:
And Colbert Report will rise. Colbert's post-election show last night was one of his best.

He said the Democrats 2 min after winning got us stuck in Iraq.
Had a cake saying "CONGRATULATIONS TERRORISTS"
He compared Democrats sweeping congress to Nazi's taking over Europe

:lol :lol :lol

Colbert will make up for how Daily Show suffers.

How does it take so long to count these votes

In Canada it takes like 5 minutes for the 2 people working at one poll to count all the ballots...

We just use a paper ballot where you mark an X for your choice, its that simple

Why do you Yanks have to make it so complicated, no sense of urgency :p

Cheebs said:
And Colbert Report will rise. Colbert's post-election show last night was one of his best.

He said the Democrats 2 min after winning got us stuck in Iraq.
Had a cake saying "CONGRATULATIONS TERRORISTS"
He compared Democrats sweeping congress to Nazi's taking over Europe

:lol :lol :lol

Colbert will make up for how Daily Show suffers.

Nah

The Repubs will be hilarious as the minority, and the Democrats should be comical still

GhaleonEB

chase said:
So: What does this mean for issues like stem cell research and all the pissing on the Constitution that's gone on in the past few years?
Good things. And possibly some vetos.

I'm thrilled that net neutrality didn't get jammed through yet.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
WedgeX said:
What a fine thing to wake up and eat lunch to this morning.

But damn, proposal 2 in MI won by the same margin that Granholm did. It doesn't make sense!
I'm still pissed about it, but my friend made a good point. At least Granholm got elected, so even though there's no affirmative action, there's at least someone in office who can work with everyone who just got shitcanned by Prop 2. having a democrat in office after prop 2 passes is far better than having DeVos in office when it passed.

I believe the Democrat side of the New World Order elite will gain control of the Senate. but it matters not.

neither congress nor the president has the true power. they're pupets or bought off. anyone who disbelieves this is a fool, and this not a conspiracy theory, its pretty well accepted worldwide.

the new speaker of the House, Nancy, will NOT go after Bush on anything. no impeachment proceedings, no investigation. that speaks VOLUMES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom