• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF US Mid-term Elections 2006 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
CNN projects Vermont independent Bernie Sanders -- who says he will caucus with Democrats -- will win Senate seat

:D

Zeed

Banned
Hitokage said:
...by his constituents in the democratic party. Why is that so hard to grasp?
It's a conspiracy. The party is out to get Leiberman.

Leiberman is like Jesus, and the Democrats are like Judases. All of them!

Zeed

Banned
Amir0x said:
CNN projects Vermont independent Bernie Sanders -- who says he will caucus with Democrats -- will win Senate seat

I've not heard about this particular race before. Will this be taking a seat away from the Republicans? Is this one of the "Big Nine"?

wave dial

Completely unable to understand satire
when bernie sanders was burlington's mayor:
critics called the place the people's republic of burlington
his supporters called themselves sanderistas

Amir0x

Banned
Zyid said:
I've not heard about this particular race before. Will this be taking a seat away from the Republicans? Is this one of the "Big Nine"?

no, not one of the big nine. Basically it just means that Democrats can count it toward their 51 needed seats to take control of the *Senate. It is, however, not surprising this result at all.

The Northrup-Yarmouth race is neck and neck in KY-03. This is the first "battleground" seat out there and if Dems win it's probably a 30+ seat night.

Diablos

whytemyke said:
:lol it just goes to show that the democratic party got rid of him but a shitload of his constituency in the state still wants him around. why should he be loyal to a party that was so ready to push him aside instead of working with him? **** that noize.
The voters chose to kick out Joe...

Anyway.

BYRD WINS!

ALSO, HUMANS BREATHE AIR AND DRINK WATER.

Phoenix

Ah so fun now that the polls are closed on the east coast. So much at stake - so many votes left to be counted.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Incognito said:
I don't know what the hell whytemyke is talking about anymore. His largest constituency right now are Republicans, not Democrats. Registered Democratic voters of Connecticut voted him out in their primary in August, not the DNC.

Are you joking? Is this serious? The voters of Connecticut booted his ass out, not the DNC. What is hard to understand? The DNC didn't just decide to throw up Lamont in the primary againt Lieberman -- in fact, they were against Lamont running in the first place and only came behind him with minimal support after he won the primary. Maybe you want the party to select your candidates and the losing candidates to brush off the official results, but that's not how a democracy works.
Haha, I never said the DNC booted his ass, you silly man. Why is that so hard to understand? :lol

Amir0x

Banned
Phoenix said:
Ah so fun now that the polls are closed on the east coast. So much at stake - so many votes left to be counted.

30 minutes left for most of the rest of us East Coasters to close

I kind of like this massive "**** YOU" that Lieberman is giving to everyone in the DNC. Gets kicked off the ticket...

I think most people would infer from your post that you think the DNC was a major factor in Lieberman losing the primary.

Amir0x

Banned
Diablos said:
VA-SEN Webb: 41% Allen: 59% n/a n/a 2% 07:27 pm EST

Oh noes :\

Gotta wait for Northern VA I suppose.

Yeah, it's like it was said... it's gonna break heavily Allen in the early count, so don't get disheartened

sangreal

:lol I'm watching CNN and when they projected Byrd as the winner in W. Virginia they were talking about how he is the longest serving member in the senate since Strom Thurmond retired "after approximately two centuries"

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Hitokage said:
...by his constituents in the democratic party. Why is that so hard to grasp?
Because a senator represents the citizens of the STATE, not just the Democrats in the state. Why is that so hard to understand?

The craziest thing about you and Incognito here is that you think the votes rightfully belong to a Democrat. He's not just beating a democrat there, he's beating a republican, and as a representative of that state who is in a 3 candidate race and was polling with more than a plurality for most of the election, he doesn't owe anything to anyone but the citizens of Massachusetts... and not just the ones who wear a big blue donkey sticker.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Incognito said:
I think most people would infer from your post that you think the DNC was a major factor in Lieberman losing the primary.
Is that why everyone else is bitching to me about what I said? Hm. I'm not trying to make history here-- you read more into what I said than I actually did. Just get off my ass and leave it be, haha.

oh, and lets all hope that webb kicks the shit out of that asshat allen.

sangreal

whytemyke said:
Because a senator represents the citizens of the STATE, not just the Democrats in the state. Why is that so hard to understand?

The craziest thing about you and Incognito here is that you think the votes rightfully belong to a Democrat. He's not just beating a democrat there, he's beating a republican, and as a representative of that state who is in a 3 candidate race and was polling with more than a plurality for most of the election, he doesn't owe anything to anyone but the citizens of Massachusetts... and not just the ones who wear a big blue donkey sticker.

Aren't we talking about Lieberman here? I agree with you, but he is from Connecticut :)

whytemyke said:

So wait are we talking about Lieberman here?

Don't you mean Connecticut.

Diablos

btw did anyone see the interview on MSNBC with Rick Santorum's brother? It's like he was holding back admitting that he's probably gonna lose. His tone was kinda somber.

:lol

I'll just stop with the Webb/Allen updates. Otherwise we'll add about 500 posts to this thread at every incremental jump in precients reporting.

Diablos

VA-SEN Webb: 51% Allen: 48% n/a n/a 14.45% 07:49 pm EST

edit: Yeah, I guess we should stop posting every Webb and Allen update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom