• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neogaf XBL 3v3/PSN 2v2 fall tournaments thread

Axis

sorry i can't make a pretty op, but it will do the job!

Format for XBL and PSN: 2/3. winers/losers/grand finals: 3/5(team coming from losers must win once to reset and another set to win).

XBL bracket:

gafxbl.png

PSN bracket:

psnGAFteams.png

XBL: gaf usernames, xbl tag and chracters...so you can get in touch with your team:

1. joekage: thetostitosalsa(cody)
2. dragonballjoseph: dbjoseph(bipson)
3. axis: vexco(cammy)
4. xenoraven: xenoraven(chun li)
5. relix: lord relix(chun li)
6. eissan: eissan(ryu)
7. eva01: eva01(ken)
8. gutabo: gutabo2(honda)
9. chaotix8: cha0tix8(dudley)
10. captainmintman: IHS parris(makoto)
11. noez: noez ftw(ibuki)
12. axelhortsemchi: axelhortsemchi(zangief)
13. culinary: TheCulinary(seth)
14. El sloth: sloth112(makoto)
15. jlai: jlai(rose)
16. lyte edge: lyte edge(chun li)
17. threi: threi(dee jay)
18. motion picture soundtrack: owario(rufus)
19. god's beard: gods beard(dudley)
20. sonicspear64: sonicspear64(ken)
21. turtlesnatcher: minipez(fuerte)
22. rawkus: rawkusx(cammy)
23. gaf pending: myapologies(fei long)
24. k.sabot: stuffed tiger(abel)

and also, full xbl team list:

dbjoseph/xenoraven/culinary
relix/el sloth/k. sabot
eva01/chaotix/captainmintman
jlai/noez/motionpicturesoundtrack
joekage/gods beard/minipez
threi/rawkus/lyte edge
vexco/myapologies/sonicspear64
gutabo/eissan/axelhortsemchi

PSN side info, same as xbl:

PSN side info for OP:

1. Lyte edge: lyteedge2 (chun li)
2. SpiffyG: hnrfp (Rose)
3. Morro!: FloydM7 (Dudley)
4. Edgeward: Edgeward34 (Cammy)
5. EraldoCoil: Eraldo_Coil (Balrog)
6. Kiryogi: Kiryogi (Ibuki)
7. Rocwell: Rocwell9 (Makoto)
8. Hikarutilmitt: Hikarutimitt (Ibuki)
9. gibration: gibration (Ryu)
10. Gyrian: Gyrian (Makoto)
11. xenoraven: xenoraven (chun li)
12. hitsugi: MashingKeys (Cammy)
13. KiNeSiS: MikeCisThaILLest (Cody)
14. _dementia: sixteen-bit (Adon)
15. Degen: Dragon17013 (T.Hawk)
16. neos: blindzoom (E.Honda)

Full PSN teams

SpiffyG / lyte edge
Edgeward / Morro!
Kiryogi / EraldoCoil
Hikarutilmitt / Rocwell
Gyrian / gibration
hitsugi / xenoraven
KiNeSiS / _dementia
neos / Degen

good luck to everyone and you're welcome to start playing the games whenever you get the chance, just post the results in here.

GAF SSF4 IRC CHAT(literally, there's a ton of us in here every night so if you need to find teammates or just wnat to find some games, you can find a lot of us in here): http://wbe01.mibbit.com/?server=irc.globalgamers.net&channel=#gafranbats

prizes: pride? not sure...i'm a broke motherfucker but will see what i can wing for you guys! :D

Axis

SephirothRK said:
so no room for xbl anymore? I signed up for both. I would imagine there wasn't enough players for another team.

we had 24 players for the xbl one exactly and tried not to overlap between the two just so everyone could get in and play. sorry seph, you know i love you :p but that's the only way we could stick with an even amount for 8 teams

Axis said:
we had 24 players for the xbl one exactly and tried not to overlap between the two just so everyone could get in and play. sorry seph, you know i love you :p but that's the only way we could stick with an even amount for 8 teams
fair enough.
My Viper lag is l33t.
Good luck to xbl side, also to PSN side.

Also Me and Cloudius is one PS3, if we were to challenge we would have to take it offline i guess? Need to clarify this.

Edgeward

Oh yea! Me and Floyd, gonna clean this up!
As he OCVs this and I pray to the Gods I don't have to play a round >_>

Rocwell

SephirothRK said:
fair enough.
My Viper lag is l33t.
Good luck to xbl side, also to PSN side.

Also Me and Cloudius is one PS3, if we were to challenge we would have to take it offline i guess? Need to clarify this.
Well that explains quite a bit :lol lot of gdlk SF players in that house.

I wouldn't be so rude as to ask to change my character but can we delay the tourney 6 months or until whenever the Arcade Edition patch comes out so I can beat Seph with Makoto's newfound character armor?

Axis

Rocwell said:

I wouldn't be so rude as to ask to change my character but can we delay the tourney 6 months or until whenever the Arcade Edition patch comes out so I can beat Seph with Makoto's newfound character armor?

rofl i'll consider it :p

kiryogi

Banned
Haha what the hell. Wow. I'm with Coil :D But FUCK. Floyd is our first match? :lol LETS DO THIS. Edge. YOU'RE MINE.

Rocwell said:

You and me got some sparring to do. ;)

neos

Ollalà, les jeux sons faits...

Axis i personally want Megan Fox's butt as a prize, can you work it out somehow?

I just noticed something. so that we don't have to scour the previous thread for them, could we also get a list of the PSN participants and their characters like what's up there for XBL? I'd really like to prepare, whether I know my predestined fate or not.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
SephirothRK said:

Really!? What the hell...I don't remember having lag playing against you, but with Cloudius it was pretty noticeable. :lol

Edgeward

Lyte Edge said:
Wait...where am I on PSN?

vissione said:
And incase you haven't noticed I'm not in the brackets cause there weren't enough players and anyone that had both XBL and PSN I removed to give the PSN only guys something to do and fill it out.

And I have the exact opposite situation with Cloudius and Seph, I can't connect for crap with Seph but Cloudius comes up fine to wipe the floor with me. :lol This is mindblowing stuff, like FedEx arrow shit.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Axis.. what the fuck dude?

1. This was meant to begin Saturday.
2. I was working on the brackets to open the thread late Friday night
3. I am not even in the XBL brackets when I was the first guy to add my name in the other thread.

What the heck dude?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Ok before I am out gotta make some points clear:

1) I was originally meant to fly to Canada for 3 days over the weekend. This was canceled yesterday, so I was busy.
2) I didn't "bail the fuck out", I was gonna open the thread tonight with the brackets. When I start stuff I finish it and do it correctly, I wasn't gonna leave 36+ players hanging and waiting.
3) Was gonna play my matches over the course of the week with my team.
4) I already was making the brackets and teams following the seeding from Ranbats and previous tournaments I have records of.

Now that that is made clear (I am not even in the brackets) I will be logging off before I get pissed again. Thank you.

// Relix pissed mode off.

suoodS

Relix, I'm sure it was a miscommunication between you and him. There's no report of people already starting matches so lets go back to the OT thread and continue the tournament like you planned (your brackets, etc.)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
:lol :lol :lol

Gonna wait for him to get in the IRC so we can discuss what to do. His ladders seem fine so it should work, but I am not in there so we'll need to work a way around that. After all... I was the first one to sign up. =P

I just didn't like the way it was handled at first so I am pretty vocal about stuff like that.

Satyamdas

Banned
No, his avatar is not fucking awesome. It is not classy, or gentlemanly either. Clearly not befitting a man with panache such as Mr. Dudley.

Axis

Relix said:
Axis.. what the fuck dude?

1. This was meant to begin Saturday.
2. I was working on the brackets to open the thread late Friday night
3. I am not even in the XBL brackets when I was the first guy to add my name in the other thread.

What the heck dude?

1. 24 signed up, 8 teams....what would i need to wait til saturday for if the cap was reached early? if there were 24 more people who WOULD sign up i'd actually be inclined to agree with you on this point.
2. did you or did you not come into the irc chat and say "i'm going to canada i need someone to run this for me"?
3. you never said when you'd be back, period...how was i supposed to know this, relix? i even sat on this shit for 2 days to wait to see if you got back at me or came back in the irc chat and you didn't...

YOU, of all people, know exactly what you came in the IRC and said...you didn't say anything else, you literally said that...hung around for 5 minutes then bounced...and no one saw/heard from you since then(until i saw you on live last night...even then, you didn't say anything)...so what do you want me to do? i stepped up and did what you asked...and you actually get upset about it? miss me with that shit

am i wrong

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Peace and love.

Greg is gonna be dropping. I sub in. We use this thread and these brackets. Vex runs it out so all faults to him

:lol

Axis

Relix said:
Peace and love.

Greg is gonna be dropping. I sub in. We use this thread and these brackets. Vex runs it out so all faults to him

:lol

bracket updated, next time be more specific before you disappear and ask someone to do it :p

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Axis said:
bracket updated, next time be more specific before you disappear and ask someone to do it :p

Well at least I can take out the entire first team on my own....

*whistles*

Looking at ya Gutabo!

To Team Coconut, add my GT, Lord Relix.

Axis

hikarutilmitt said:
I just noticed something. so that we don't have to scour the previous thread for them, could we also get a list of the PSN participants and their characters like what's up there for XBL? I'd really like to prepare, whether I know my predestined fate or not.

updated the OP with that info for you, sir :)

eissan

Relix said:
Well at least I can take out the entire first team on my own....

*whistles*

Looking at ya Gutabo!

To Team Coconut, add my GT, Lord Relix.

I am gonna ocv your entire team...:D

gutabo

I just saw this, nice! It's a shame that Team Cobra Kai couldn't be together again, well we can welcome axel as a new cobra kai member and about axis... we'll just say you're on a leave ok? Once a cobra kai, always a cobra kai! ;)

A correction: my xbl gt is gutabo2, not gutabo. Also, what happened to Greg? Oh, and it will be better for me if we can play late at night on a weekday(no one leeching interwebs access at my place).

Good luck everyone!

i'm like CroCop, my fighting/competitive spirit has gone out the window and i'm a shell of my former self, but i still show up to fight for some reason......Kiry, you're carrying this team...

Satyamdas said:
No, his avatar is not fucking awesome. It is not classy, or gentlemanly either. Clearly not befitting a man with panache such as Mr. Dudley.

Dudley talks more trash than any other street fighter character yo.

Top Bottom