• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neogaf XBL 3v3/PSN 2v2 fall tournaments thread

Axis

ok, guys...we're really aiming to get through the first round of games by tuesday at least, i know people have lives and shit tho. you can use the IRC chat in the first post and in relix latest post to set up tourney matches or just set up matches in general...a lot of us hang out in there.

SpiffyG

SephirothRK said:
I think hitsugi and SpiffyG you be a team. Me and Cloudius is pretty much eliminated.
Pretty much eliminated? Why?

I have a question... Who is Lyte Edge? In the graphic, he is listed as my partner, but in the write up, I'm paired up with Sephiroth.

Axis

SpiffyG said:

I have a question... Who is Lyte Edge? In the graphic, he is listed as my partner, but in the write up, I'm paired up with Sephiroth.

sorry for the confusion. cloudius/sephiroth's ps3 YLOD'd so they had to be replaced...i'll update the info ASAP. sorry about that sir :)

kiryogi

Banned
EraldoCoil said:
i'm like CroCop, my fighting/competitive spirit has gone out the window and i'm a shell of my former self, but i still show up to fight for some reason......Kiry, you're carrying this team...
WE are so fucked XD So for folks in the first round with me and coil. When we gonna throw down!

neos

Xenoraven and Hitsugi, if you are out there say hello!!:D:D

Me and Degen are ready for party on tuesday or wednesday from 4:00pm to 8:00pm GMT.
So the challenge is on tuesday at 6.00 pm GMT, if there are problems for you let us know!

hitsugi

neos said:
Xenoraven and Hitsugi, if you are out there say hello!!:D:D

Me and Degen are ready for party on tuesday or wednesday from 4:00pm to 8:00pm GMT.
So the challenge is on tuesday at 6.00 pm GMT, if there are problems for you let us know!

I should be good although I don't get home until 5:30 pm PST on those days.

also i fractured 2 of my fingers so sorry my play won't be up to standard D:

Joekage

To anyone on my team/people I have to play. Sorry, was sure to be available this past weekend but unfortunately, work called me in on my off days and I had to do that. I should be available starting tomorrow during the afternoons and late night, and starting Wednesday I'll be off work and class so will have all day to play so yeah just hit me up.

Also sorry Vex...:(. Haven't been able to get on IRC lately to let you know that I got called into work. I haven't forgot about our ft20 though, will definitely happen very soon I promise.

Also, in regards to the tournament, hoping Eva doesn't blow me up. Last time we played we went pretty even, but I'm sure he has autocombo tricks waiting for me..

neos

hitsugi said:
I should be good although I don't get home until 5:30 pm PST on those days.

also i fractured 2 of my fingers so sorry my play won't be up to standard D:

I'm sorry for your fingers, but i'm glad you haven't quit the tornamet.

BTW, only xenoraven is now missing, let's hope he comes out.

In the evenience he isn't answering at all, how will the tournament proceed?

Axis

come on, guys...don't sign up then go MIA...if everyone who signed up would come into the IRC it would be so much easier to get things done. thanks to everyone who's actually been around actively seeking their games but some people are disappointing :-/

Degen

neos said:
I'm sorry for your fingers, but i'm glad you haven't quit the tornamet.

BTW, only xenoraven is now missing, let's hope he comes out.

In the evenience he isn't answering at all, how will the tournament proceed?
2-on-1 beatdown. Get the tables.

Nah, I really do want to play XenoRaven if possible. Hope he posts in here if he doesn't reply to anybody's PM soon.

Just give me the go-ahead and I'll spam his PSN inbox with messages about some random topic just to get his attention. srsly. I do it all the time.

Axis said:
come on, guys...don't sign up then go MIA...if everyone who signed up would come into the IRC it would be so much easier to get things done. thanks to everyone who's actually been around actively seeking their games but some people are disappointing :-/

I'm, like, permanently in IRC chat. I've actually been waiting for my partner and our opponents to all talk about when we should have our matches. :lol

Axis

hikarutilmitt said:
I'm, like, permanently in IRC chat. I've actually been waiting for my partner and our opponents to all talk about when we should have our matches. :lol

lol i know you're always there :p

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Axis, I messed up on my PSN name...I use "lyteedge2" for SSF4, not "lyteedge".

SpiffyG said:

Hi!

Axis

cHaotix8 said:
This is pokemon style right? Winner stay up?

yessir, i'd have explained it better in the OP i just figured everyone knew the tournament standard, my bad dude.

damn, i'm having a ton of problems with PSN.....it's pissing me off!

My internet connection is fine, the web browser on the ps3 works, but every times i run the Connection test the test to connect to PSN always fails. Anyone have any advice on what to do?? it gives me Error 80710D23.

hopefully I can make the match.

Axis

Rocwell said:
I sent you guys messages on the psn... do I really need to get an irc thing for this? =__=;

no, you don't...the irc chat is web-based with the mibbit chat tho...we mostly just bullshit and talk shit to each other :p

Edgeward

EraldoCoil said:
damn, i'm having a ton of problems with PSN.....it's pissing me off!

My internet connection is fine, the web browser on the ps3 works, but every times i run the Connection test the test to connect to PSN always fails. Anyone have any advice on what to do?? it gives me Error 80710D23.

hopefully I can make the match.

Well hope that all works out fine.
I blame the FIFA tbh
. I only got those messages early on when I was on wireless connection, said fuck this and just wired it. What's your isp by chance?

You know what times works for us. When it does work, hop on and let's fight.

neos

XenoRaven and Hitsugi!
me and degen are online waiting for ya!

raaaage1.jpg

Edit: we waited enough, see you, i must go!
Thx again degen, i really enjoyed!

Degen

Same, ggs. I think we're ready to go when our opponents finally wake up.

Also... I noticed that his Dualshock 3 has a better D-pad than the other one I have. 360s are cake. Exactly why I don't use sticks :lol

kiryogi

Banned
Edgeward said:
Well hope that all works out fine.
I blame the FIFA tbh
. I only got those messages early on when I was on wireless connection, said fuck this and just wired it. What's your isp by chance?

You know what times works for us. When it does work, hop on and let's fight.

Edge, when's the best time to catch ya? Well to get all 4 of us in on this anyway? I work nights so I'm usually available midnight PST.

Edgeward

kiryogi said:
Edge, when's the best time to catch ya? Well to get all 4 of us in on this anyway? I work nights so I'm usually available midnight PST.

Well damn, I play at nights and log off after 10 since I got to wake up for work at 4.

Maybe we can just splice these out and you can just play floyd since he'll more likely be up and if you beat him then we can work something out. I'm just the token teammate anyway. :lol

I can stay up and meet up if we can for sure agree on a time and be there. No tardiness allowed, I already work on as little sleep already.

Morris

Disco Devil
Is 9pm PST good?

I have to wake up at 6 tomorrow so, not sure if I'd stay awake until 10 (that's 12 am for me)...

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Alright time to get this to move.

Deadline: Sunday October 31th 2010 11:59PM EST
Immediately contact your team through PMs and arrange good times to get matches done. Failure to do so:

1) If one team was actively seeking for matches that team gets the win
2) If both teams were lazy I will just flip a coin and decide who gets the win.

We are not kids here, there is no need for me or Vex or anyone to be personally PMing users to get their matches done. You do it. If not well... sorry.

Get on it guys.

jlai

Noez, motionpicturesoundtrack, and sonicspear:

Will you guys be available to play our match tonight (anytime after 7PM pst)? BTW sonicspear we were all there last night, too bad you weren't :(

kiryogi

Banned
Haha so what will order be? My team: me. Coil. Your team: floyd, edge? Let's aim for fri or Sunday. I got a wedding on sat.

hitsugi

neos said:
XenoRaven and Hitsugi!
me and degen are online waiting for ya!

raaaage1.jpg

Edit: we waited enough, see you, i must go!
Thx again degen, i really enjoyed!

I'm pretty much only free between 5:30 pm and.. maybe 11 pm PST and that's only certain days. We need to simply set a date / time and let that be it because it's impossible to just randomly hop on and play at a whim

suoodS

jlai said:

Will you guys be available to play our match tonight (anytime after 7PM pst)? BTW sonicspear we were all there last night, too bad you weren't :(

Yeah I'll be on all night. Damn math homework..

jlai said:

yeah I'll be on for 2 or 3 more hours.

Edgeward

80710D23 - Off the PS3 for a while (30 min) with the AC switch (not standby mode).

Try that. I don't know maybe it helps. If you're isp is roadrunner, i might have something that could fix it as well.

We can do things sunday after 1pm or whenever the niner game finsihes so let's say 1:30 to be sure.

Axis

Relix said:
Alright time to get this to move.

Deadline: Sunday October 31th 2010 11:59PM EST
Immediately contact your team through PMs and arrange good times to get matches done. Failure to do so:

1) If one team was actively seeking for matches that team gets the win
2) If both teams were lazy I will just flip a coin and decide who gets the win.

We are not kids here, there is no need for me or Vex or anyone to be personally PMing users to get their matches done. You do it. If not well... sorry.

Get on it guys.

thanks for this...i was out most of the day yesterday so i couldn't post it myself...but i'm really tired of people not being available to play at some point in time...i've been here every other day :-/

Disclaimer: If it says I'm playing Madden, Halo: Reach, or anything other than SSF4 AND I don't respond in a couple minutes, it's one of my roommates playing on my profile.

Sorry for last night. I was on irc for a while, but I went to bed like 20 mins before you messaged me on XBL (just checked them). I can do them tonight around the same time, but not any earlier. I'm going to the Columbus meetup tonight to do some dollar tourneys/money matches.

Rest of the week works for me too.

Something that occurred to me last night:

maybe it would be best to PM people here unless PSN/XBL is the only form of communication you have for them (like people not activated here)? It's pretty damned easy for me to miss a message on PSN since I'm not on my PS3 all the time and there's no reliable way to check my messages.

Degen

hitsugi said:
I'm pretty much only free between 5:30 pm and.. maybe 11 pm PST and that's only certain days. We need to simply set a date / time and let that be it because it's impossible to just randomly hop on and play at a whim
hm, I don't think your availability and neos's's's really overlap at all. what to do

Axis

sonicspear64 said:
Disclaimer: If it says I'm playing Madden, Halo: Reach, or anything other than SSF4 AND I don't respond in a couple minutes, it's one of my roommates playing on my profile.

Sorry for last night. I was on irc for a while, but I went to bed like 20 mins before you messaged me on XBL (just checked them). I can do them tonight around the same time, but not any earlier. I'm going to the Columbus meetup tonight to do some dollar tourneys/money matches.

Rest of the week works for me too.

me and apologies will be on tonight...jlai and his team said they can do it tonight as well so lets definitely try to get it in tonight :)

sorry for the tone of that post i was just pissed off cuz you were in the IRC when i first started trying to get ahold of you lol...it's all good tho<3

Edgeward said:
80710D23 - Off the PS3 for a while (30 min) with the AC switch (not standby mode).

Try that. I don't know maybe it helps. If you're isp is roadrunner, i might have something that could fix it as well.

We can do things sunday after 1pm or whenever the niner game finsihes so let's say 1:30 to be sure.

na that didnt work.....am pissed, it was fine, then out of the fucking blue it decides it doesnt want to connect anymore. My Xbox, computer, Ipod touch, even my fucking kindle connect online fine but nope, not the ps3.....piece of fucking shit ps3......

hitsugi

Degen said:
hm, I don't think your availability and neos's's's really overlap at all. what to do
I think our availability matches at some point right? I can just play you first and neo second at a time we set up if he agrees

Top Bottom