• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neogaf XBL 3v3/PSN 2v2 fall tournaments thread

XenoRaven

hitsugi said:
I'm pretty much only free between 5:30 pm and.. maybe 11 pm PST and that's only certain days. We need to simply set a date / time and let that be it because it's impossible to just randomly hop on and play at a whim
Same for me except make that 10pm PST and not at all on Mon and Wed. Weekends are free though.

Sorry to everybody once again.

neos

Degen said:
Looks like XenoRaven and I are both wide open on Saturdays. How's the 30th sound to the rest of you?
For me saturday is a good day too.

I have to ask a kindness to my mate\challengers: can we discuss timing in GMT format?
I'm not that good in time conversion, and being the GMT timing always present at the end of this page i found it to be more pragmatic.

gibration

_dementia said:
KiNeSiS, you ready to body these PSN scrubs with me?
Get hype!

this weekend is good for me
I'm free all weekend too so just pm me whenever you guys are ready.

Gyrian, you good to play this weekend? I need you to carry this team to victory! Stop watching whatever it is you're watching on dat Netflix. lol

Axis

no offense to anyone outside of the US...but it really should've been US/US territories only cuz of latency/lag and time zone differences

Degen

Axis said:
no offense to anyone outside of the US...but it really should've been US/US territories only cuz of latency/lag and time zone differences
It's not hard to coordinate around time zone differences. Start with neutral GMT, figure out how your zone relates, ???, profit.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
READ WELL

Ok guys I am considering doing a format change seeing as things aren't flowing as smooth as they should. Many people have conflicting timezones and making a team tourney in the Fall makes it even harder because of tests and work. So seeing that problem I am giving GAF the option to vote for two options:

1) Format Change: Round Robin Style. Seeing as people CANNOT get together, have one team mate fight the whole other team to a Best of 3. Example:

Relix vs Eissan (2-0)
Relix vs. Gutabo (2-0)
Relix vs. Axel (2-0)

Since Relix is awesome he gets 6-0 and is added to his team's overall sore.

Then Sloth fights Eissan, Gutabo and Axel and loses to them all. So that team gets 6-0. Now we have 6-6. OMG TIE! Then comes Saboth and fights. He manages to clutch the win all six times and we win 12-6. So my Team wins in the ladder.

Each match would count one point. Fights that were already held STILL STAND. No replay. If teams can manage to get together and do it the normal way then much better.

2) Keep the same format and extend the time limit one more week.

Vote guys! Option 1 or 2!

Axis

Relix said:
READ WELL

Ok guys I am considering doing a format change seeing as things aren't flowing as smooth as they should. Many people have conflicting timezones and making a team tourney in the Fall makes it even harder because of tests and work. So seeing that problem I am giving GAF the option to vote for two options:

1) Format Change: Round Robin Style. Seeing as people CANNOT get together, have one team mate fight the whole other team to a Best of 3. Example:

Relix vs Eissan (2-0)
Relix vs. Gutabo (2-0)
Relix vs. Axel (2-0)

Since Relix is awesome he gets 6-0 and is added to his team's overall sore.

Then Sloth fights Eissan, Gutabo and Axel and loses to them all. So that team gets 6-0. Now we have 6-6. OMG TIE! Then comes Saboth and fights. He manages to clutch the win all six times and we win 12-6. So my Team wins in the ladder.

Each match would count one point. Fights that were already held STILL STAND. No replay. If teams can manage to get together and do it the normal way then much better.

2) Keep the same format and extend the time limit one more week.

Vote guys! Option 1 or 2!

you guys have the options here...this was only thought of because of the procrastinators and dumbfucks who sign up WHEN THEY'RE NOT AVAILABLE TO ACTUALLY PLAY...so i'm leaving it up to you guys to decide...i don't understand what's so hard about getting online at a set time and having a 3v3 team battle...i'm sure everyone can spare 45 minutes out of their lives for it...

edit: this was not a vote for either option...i'm not voting...i'll leave it up to people who aren't stressed out about trying to get people organized to play to vote.

you guys are awesome for signing up but next time, before you sign up, PLEASE make sure that you'll be available to play in due time, PLEASE

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Apart from Threi I haven't heard anything about the XBL side of the match I'm in. Still waiting on a response from SpiffyG on the PSN side.

So I vote for 1, although it kind of kills the whole team vibe of the tourney. :/

gibration said:
I'm free all weekend too so just pm me whenever you guys are ready.

Gyrian, you good to play this weekend? I need you to carry this team to victory! Stop watching whatever it is you're watching on dat Netflix. lol
Awesome.

I have not yet heard from my teammate, but with the round robin format, I'll be able to get my matches in.

Degen

If you've gotta go at 5pm GMT (in 15 mins), this is looking pretty unlikely.

We'll have to go with Relix's new "round-robin" format, if we can even get the other team together at the same time.

El Sloth

Banned
Relix said:
Eissan
Gutabo
Axel

Tell me when you guys are available =D
FYI I'm available all weekend Relix, Halloween plans got cancelled due to too much shit to do. Just PM me when it's gonna go down.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
El Sloth said:
FYI I'm available all weekend Relix, Halloween plans got cancelled due to too much shit to do. Just PM me when it's gonna go down.

Try and get the matches done individually, like the round robin style I posted above. Gives us all better chance to finish the matches. I have a problem with my TV plus work so I'll be busy this weekend. Gonna try and get them done tonight at least.

KiNeSiS

Banned
Let me know what times work best for you. My GF set up some double date to see saw 3d tonight around 7:00 pm est.
Free all day sunday. Sunday seems to work the best for me since I have zero plans.
Let me know what's good.

XenoRaven

Alright Hitsu, we went ahead and did the round robin thing.

Degen vs XenoRaven: 2-0
Neos vs XenoRaven: 0-2

So we're currently tied 2-2. Whenever you get a chance, hit them up and blow them up!

El Sloth

Banned
Axel vs. El Sloth: 2-0

Sorry Relix. :(

Anyone else on Gutabo's team send me a PM or hop onto IRC when you guys are available.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Eissan and co... shoot me a PM. I am on IRC and will be all day tomorrow. Sorry, work got the best of me!

hitsugi

XenoRaven said:
Alright Hitsu, we went ahead and did the round robin thing.

Degen vs XenoRaven: 2-0
Neos vs XenoRaven: 0-2

So we're currently tied 2-2. Whenever you get a chance, hit them up and blow them up!

sounds good. I added degen to my friends list, i'll add neos later and hopefully we can work it out soon

KiNeSiS

Banned
I went to bed depressed in the A.M. hours my PS3 took a shit....

I regretfully must withdraw as my system is down.
Nothing is worse I bought a ton of new games that I cannot play.....
At least my 360 & Wii are still alive & kicking....

Hope everything gets sorted out dude.

Alas, I am without a teammate. I'm down for my matches still though.

edit: sent FR to Gyrian and gibration

Edgeward said:
Waited from 1:30 to just now. No one up. =(

Though EC is still unable to I think.

yeah, still unable to connect to PSN.

i called my ISP and even they couldn't fix it, no clue what is going on with it.

i restored the system still nothing, i'm thinking maybe the wireless thingy in the PS3 went down on me, though i haven't heard of this happening before.

gutabo

Noez said:
Just a heads up that I'm back. Down to play whenever.
Same here. Post here if I'm not online and I'll turn on my xbox ASAP. An issue with my brother was keeping me away

Top Bottom