• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official October 2008 NPD Results

Pachael

schuelma said:
I realize its difficult to get hard European numbers, but in my own little "estimates", PS360 is now less than 1 million ahead of Wii worldwide. :lol :lol :lol

Looks like Wii>PS360 might happen next month.

YES WII CAN

Yes Boss!

PepsimanVsJoe said:
I think I prefer Hoffman in threads where we don't actually talk about games.

I like Hoffman more than Snah or that othe guy with the avatar with white stuff on his face. At least The Hoff can make a good argument and lays the proper groundwork...

LM4sure

Banned
wii is so awesome. glad to see it continuing to do well. with the huge levels nintendo is supplying, this November and December will be HUGE for the wii!!! can't wait!!

JudgeN

Hcoregamer00 said:
Man it sure sucks to be a PS3 owner, I looked forward to Valkyria's piss poor sales that wont even be in the top 50 games.

Na it doesn't suck, far from it. PS3 gets alot of great games, just don't enter sales age :lol

spwolf

Yes Boss! said:
I think the big sales number is from the sexy Headset included. I know I (almost) bought it because of that.

PS: Nice that the NPD thread is back to form...it was really boring there for awhile.

Server issues were fixed within 3 days of game release, and first patch that fixed most of the issues was 2 weeks after release... It is one of the best, if not the best, shooter this generation...

There are more than 20,000 people playing it online at peak hours, last time I checked. And this is only USA, as it has not been released in Europe yet.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
JudgeN said:
Na it doesn't suck, far from it. PS3 gets alot of great games, just don't enter sales age :lol

We're all happy in Blu Ray age. Except for the weekly Blu Ray is Doomed for Some Reason threads.

Yes Boss!

Hcoregamer00 said:
Man it sure sucks to be a PS3 owner, I looked forward to Valkyria's piss poor sales that wont even be in the top 50 games.

LBP, Valkyria, Motorstorm 2 in the last two weeks...definitely does not suck to be a PS3 owner.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Stumpokapow said:
I made this list around the middle of September. Basically anything starting with Shikigami onwards is take it or leave it, and there's a few there (Wii Fit, Mega Man 9, Fire Emblem) that I'd only recommend if you are the target audience. That's 47 including WiiWare but not VC, and missing anything that came out since then (I think Sam & Max is probably the only retail title, but there are a few WiiWare).

Godfather and Scarface are missing, you don't like Mafia?

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Yes Boss! said:
LBP, Valkyria, Motorstorm 2 in the last two weeks...definitely does not suck to be a PS3 owner.

It sucks if you want games like Valkyria Chronicles to succeed, so that they can expand the gameplay and the storyline.

onipex

Gaborn said:
I think the problem for the PS3 is it NEVER got over the initial price point. Oh sure it's come down a fair bit since $599, but the problem is that consumer's PERCEPTIONS that it's simply too expensive haven't changed. I mean, devoted Sony fans at this point often will speak in terms of the "value" of the PS3, and how even when it launched at $599 that was a good "value" considering the price of Blu-Ray players at the time (of course since then Blu Ray players have dropped sharply in price).

The thing is though, value isn't ever really the issue, it's consumers perceptions of value, and right now the PS3 has relatively little mind share compared to the other consoles. I'm not sure how, or if they can get that mind share back in the near term, but short of dropping the price significantly I don't see a single game right now that can really turn it around the way it would need to.

Perception is reality.

Hcoregamer00

Yes Boss! said:
We all did our part...

I guess so, I will still be bitter after this holiday season posting "Buy Valkyria Chronicles!!!" Whenever someone buys a PS3 and starts a new damn thread.

holy shit, holy shit at Wii

scenes of ordinary life at Nintendo headquarters

43141628.gif

in the meanwhile, at Sony..

72677722.gif

viciouskillersquirrel said:
How on Earth do you find the time to play all of these?

you don't have to play em all at once, you know. I have 170ish 360 games, some i haven't played in a year. Its good to have, like if the feeling strikes "hey, i want to play kameo" or something like that, you can just go and grab it, put it in and play.

It helps that rentals are like, 10 bucks a piece now, and most games can be found for 20 within a couple months. There is no reason not to buy.

Hcoregamer00

SIP YEK NOD said:
you don't have to play em all at once, you know. I have 170ish 360 games, some i haven't played in a year. Its good to have, like if the feeling strikes "hey, i want to play kameo" or something like that, you can just go and grab it, put it in and play.

Oh my, you have more 360 games than my entire PSP, DS, and PS3 collection.

Granted my PSP collection is absolutely pitiful, but my point still stands.

Yes Boss!

WrikaWrek said:
It was Travolta that said it. The whole metric system thing.

Anyway. Yeah. Strong sales almost across the board.

:lol

Been a few good years since I've seen the movie.

And, I've lived in Paris!

WrikaWrek

Banned
SIP YEK NOD said:

It helps that rentals are like, 10 bucks a piece now, and most games can be found for 20 within a couple months. There is no reason not to buy.

You must buy every piece of crap that comes out. 170 titles, goddamn.

Hcoregamer00 said:
Oh my, you have more 360 games than my entire PSP, DS, and PS3 collection.

Granted my PSP collection is absolutely pitiful, but my point still stands.

if it makes you feel any better, i have 3 psp games, and had 5 DS games.

Gaborn

onipex said:
Perception is reality.

Exactly. To a collector (like me) a rare coin is worth more than it's face value, but to someone that doesn't follow it it's just the value they see. If you don't think an item is worth a certain price then it ISN'T, and a company can't force you to think otherwise, it can either adjust it's price or not.

golden quotes from ps3forums said:
Yeah... American sales... American console. Its not hard to see why the numbers are like that.

oh christ, they adapted the usual "japanese love their consoles, not foreign ones" to the American people. Jesus :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Linkhero1

Yes Boss! said:
Love the Wii. Got about 90 VC games and 25 WiiWare games. Awesome little system.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg114/gregbuczek/IMG_0902.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
How is Castle of Shikigami III? I'm really interested in getting it.

Haunted

Dragona Akehi said:
People call all sorts of things non-games. Like Professor Layton, or The Sims, or Space Giraffe.

In reference to contents of my Wii library:

<Amir0x> I mean i am a little surprised but, maybe Wii isn't devoid as I always argue
<Amir0x> i am having trouble criticizing that list

SH-SH-SH-SHOCKER!!
Amir0x concedes, it's all over! Turn in your jackets!

Someone shop Dragona's head on that Dewey defeats Truman picture.

Yes Boss!

Linkhero1 said:
How is Castle of Shikigami III? I'm really interested in getting it.

It is good but the voices have been localized (translated). Cheap and worth it (got it for $20 new). I'm still gonna buy it for my japanese 360 so I can play it with my better arcade stick and on my big HD screeen... my Wii is connected to my little Samsung HDTV.

By all means: buy!

Linkhero1

Count Dookkake said:
Awesome. Great gameplay and hilarious dialogue.

Yes Boss! said:
It is good but the voices have been localized (translated). Cheap and worth it (got it for $20 new). I'm still gonna buy it for my japanese 360 so I can play it with my better arcade stick and on my big HD screeen.

By all mean: buy!

Hehe It's only $30, consider it bought :D

Edit: Where did you get it $20 new? I can't find it for that much, but I'm still willing to spend $30 on it :p

Edit 2: zomg my gamestop has it for $20 new :D:D:D

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
SIP YEK NOD said:

=|

=O

=|

Dunlop

legend166 said:
Just for this?

On the next page LBP is called a non game, what is the difference?

Both post their opinions, but one gets to post again....

Both games are milestones of this generation.

Anasui Kishibe said:
oh christ, they adapted the usual "japanese love their consoles, not foreign ones" to the American people. Jesus :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Do these people ever use their brain? Americans love crazy Japanese shit, look at the Wii.

Top Bottom