• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Off-season Madden Season 12 Thread: PS3 Vs. 360 (PLUS NCAA!)

What version of Madden do you prefer?

Results are only viewable after voting.

DCX

DCX
So we need NCAA 2009 360 and PS3 threads, and Madden NFL 2009 360 and PS3 threads. I assume team sign ups will be done the week of release? Who knows how this year is going to work seeing as for the first time there will be full big time leagues on both systems. Truly Epic.

DCX

Striker

vumpler said:
You and CB3 should do it :)

Someone needs to start a topic though for the NCAA league and 360 league. I can't believe its been this hard for someone to step up
CB3 already did it. :lol

Where is he anyway? <_<

CB is currently "undecided"

To give you a clue of his preference, CB talks shit about kicking my ass in Madden this year regularly and I've already made it abundantly clear that PS3 is my system of choice for this game. If I were a betting man, I'd say you guys are going have to find another commish for the 360 league.

DCX said:
So we need NCAA 2009 360 and PS3 threads, and Madden NFL 2009 360 and PS3 threads. I assume team sign ups will be done the week of release? Who knows how this year is going to work seeing as for the first time there will be full big time leagues on both systems. Truly Epic.

DCX

This is like RAW vs Smackdown and I don't like it.... On the flip side, we can have an uber Super Bowl to declare an undisputed champion!

LiveWire

I blame all this dual-league nonsense on Slo for being unwilling to take one for the team and invest in Blu-Ray, the look and sound of perf---wait, what's the Blu-Ray slogan again?

DCX

DCX
Super bowl winner 360 vs Super Bowl Winner PS3 in a three game faceoff.

360 gm1
PS3 gm 2
Game three system of choice decided on which Super bowl winner has the better record.

DCX

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
I blame all this dual-league nonsense on Slo for being unwilling to take one for the team and invest in Blu-Ray, the look and sound of perf---wait, what's the Blu-Ray slogan again?
" Without BluRay your HDTV is just a TV "

DCX

DCX said:
Super bowl winner 360 vs Super Bowl Winner PS3 in a three game faceoff.

360 gm1
PS3 gm 2
Game three system of choice decided on which Super bowl winner has the better record.

DCX

Nah... Super Bowls are won on ONE game. I propose the game happens a week after the 360 and PS3 champions are crowned. The platform of the game will be decided by the guy that has a better regular season record....think of it as home field advantage!

Needless to say it would be quite the honor to be GAFs First Undisputed Dual Platform Madden Champion. My tag needs an update anyway, what ya think Wellie?!? ;)

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
Nah... Super Bowls are won on ONE game. I propose the game happens a week after the 360 and PS3 champions are crowned. The platform of the game will be decided by the guy that has a better regular season record....think of it as home field advantage!

Needless to say it would be quite the honor to be GAFs First Undisputed Dual Platform Madden Champion. My tag needs an update anyway, what ya think Wellie?!? ;)
Why before the championships are decided? Then how do we know who plays?

DCX

Striker

If CB3 doesn't want to run the NCAA league or anything, that's fine. Gaf isn't the only place that will be having these sort of leagues. I am not sure if I am able to run it since I'm unfamiliar with the settings and everything involved. But surely since it's 12 players it can't be too much of a hassle...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I don't see having an "uber" Madden Champion a good idea. We going to force someone to try and rent a copy of the other systems game? Or better yet, what if both league winners didn't have the other console?

AirBrian

Striker said:
<3

You going to buy NCAA, too?
If I cave in to Wal-Mart and pick up a PS3 this week, probably not. :lol Otherwise, I'm really thinking about because I don't have any next-gen college games and this year's version looks nice.

Lonestar said:
I don't see having an "uber" Madden Champion a good idea. We going to force someone to try and rent a copy of the other systems game? Or better yet, what if both league winners didn't have the other console?

It's an idea to try and unify our fractured crew here....

If circumstances allow the scenario to happen, why not?!? Gamefly has a convenient free trial scenario that could be helpful for allowing a free rental for purposes of the game.

DMczaf

The Madden crew wouldnt be fractured if you guys just buy a damn PS3!

MrBob says he will pay half for everyone.

Striker

AirBrian said:
If I cave in to Wal-Mart and pick up a PS3 this week, probably not. :lol Otherwise, I'm really thinking about because I don't have any next-gen college games and this year's version looks nice.
Even if we don't have nicely set-up league full of Gaffers here for NCAA, I'm still buying it. Last year's game sold me and this year is expected to be improved over that sexfest.

AirBrian said:
I'll volunteer to run the 360 Madden league and I'll make a new thread up tonight.

I'd gladly run the 360 league as well, but I don't think we need a thread about it for a long time. I mean doesn't it usually happen like a week before release?

Mrbob

DMczaf said:
The Madden crew wouldnt be fractured if you guys just buy a damn PS3!

MrBob says he will pay half for everyone.

What! :lol

No way.

Also Air Brian you can have the Bears in the 360 league. :D I'm only buying one copy as I'll be in a NCAA league as well.

madden season 12 is on ps3. if a new continuous league is setup on 360 thats cool!

but that's not to say i wouldn't help or maybe participate in a 360 league. but i would consider the "official" season 12 on ps3 ;)

FrenchMovieTheme said:
madden season 12 is on ps3. if a new continuous league is setup on 360 thats cool!

but that's not to say i wouldn't help or maybe participate in a 360 league. but i would consider the "official" season 12 on ps3 ;)

Well....I tried playing Barack Obama to unite us, but the fearless leader of our party isn't having it!

Looks like we have competing leagues gentlemen, which begs for come real life comparisions for shits and giggles!!

PS3 League=WWE, NFL, Hank Aaron, Michael Jordan, L.A. Lakers, Barack Obama, Michael Jackson
360 League= TNA, XFL, Barry Bonds, Sam Bowie, L.A. Clipppers, Hillary Clinton, Tito Jackson

:lol

All in good fun my friends, the comparisons just came like lightning!

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
Well....I tried playing Barack Obama to unite us, but the fearless leader of our party isn't having it!

Looks like we have competing leagues gentlemen, which begs for come real life comparisions for shits and giggles!!

PS3 League=WWE, NFL, Hank Aaron, Michael Jordan, L.A. Lakers, Barack Obama, Michael Jackson
360 League= TNA, XFL, Barry Bonds, Sam Bowie, L.A. Clipppers, Hillary Clinton, Tito Jackson

All in good fun my friends, the comparisons just came like lightning!
....we used to be in that 360 camp :/ Oh screw it, i like being on the winning team, and the winning team is the person who owns all the systems! Except for the Wii.

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DCX said:
You know you love me!

falcons.600.jpg

" After several disappointing season under the helm or
f Truelize, i have decided to make a change and head in a new direction with DCX. As the record shows, his win/loss record is far better and has taken this team to the playoffs and won. This move is effective immediately. Truelize has been assigned to the practice squad. "

DCX

:lol You bitch!!

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Wow so how are we going to do this when I win both the PS3 and 360 league?
We should make a GAF League Champion T-Shirt. One for Each champ. And an actual trophy for a potential dual league champ :)

DCX

Fifty

Shawnwhann said:
Why dont you go get a fucking sense of humor....

I agree with Vumpler. That picture was deeply offensive to me. You're an asshat through and through! An asshat!!

Fifty said:
I agree with Vumpler. That picture was deeply offensive to me. You're an asshat through and through! An asshat!!

Whatever dude, you can interpret the 5 minute mock anyway you want to. I didn't make it maliciously to "diss" anybody but to make some fun out of old rivalries.

I haven't won shit in years, I probably won't win again this year...but let me hype me, my team and my prospects!! I know that shirt is probably going to make me eat massive crow and I'll be first in line to laugh at me too.

Geez.....

Fifty

Shawnwhann said:
Whatever dude, you can interpret the 5 minute mock anyway you want to. I didn't make it maliciously to "diss" anybody but to make some fun out of old rivalries.

I haven't won shit in years, I probably won't win again this year...but let me hype me, my team and my prospects!! I know that shirt is probably going to make me eat massive crow and I'll be first in line to laugh at me too.

Geez.....

:lol :lol I was being sarcastic. Sorry for making you write that.

Rorschach

Don't worry, Fifty, I could tell! How could anyone not tell? I mean, the post starts with "I agree with Vumpler." If that didn't set off your detector, then get it checked. :p

...not to mention the absurdity of the rest of the post, excessive use of exclamation points, etc.

Though, Shawnhann is an asshat!!!!! Douche didn't even bother putting the best players on that shirt. *fans flames*

Fifty said:
:lol :lol I was being sarcastic. Sorry for making you write that.

:lol Got me! I would have caught it, but no one has the ability to irritate me like Vumpler does...

Speaking of Vumpler, leave me the fuck alone. Don't direct posts to me, quote me, IM me, reference me...nada! I don't want shit to do with you and many others behind the scenes feel the same way... The fact you'd come and shoehorn yourself into this year's league discussion following your epic dismissal (or "I'm too busy to finish the league") shows a lack of self dignity given we all openly celebrated when you left. You can parade around like you're in the crew, but we're all laughing behind the scenes about how pathetic you are.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Shawnwhann said:
You can parade around like you're in the crew, but we're all laughing behind the scenes about how pathetic you are.
Oh noz, I offended ms shawn again :lol Oh and I'm directing this post to you

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shawnwhann said:
Speaking of Vumpler, leave me the fuck alone. Don't direct posts to me, quote me, IM me, reference me...nada! I don't want shit to do with you and many others behind the scenes feel the same way... The fact you'd come and shoehorn yourself into this year's league discussion following your epic dismissal (or "I'm too busy to finish the league") shows a lack of self dignity given we all openly celebrated when you left. You can parade around like you're in the crew, but we're all laughing behind the scenes about how pathetic you are.

Top Bottom