• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Off-season Madden Season 12 Thread: PS3 Vs. 360 (PLUS NCAA!)

What version of Madden do you prefer?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mrbob

DMczaf said:
He's a Cubs fan, that's the baseball equivalent of being a T-Mac fan!

This is funny coming from a Mariners fan.

Enjoy your 100 loss season!

You like the Mariners and TMac! This is a double dose of choking bad!

Matrix said:
I swear to god,before the 360 I had never had a system break before and these fuckers wont stop dying on me.

Aren't they sending out new 360 chipsets at the repair centers that fix RROD? Jasper or something like that? But yea the RROD on the 360 is quite ridiculous. I've gone through two myself.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
MGS4 and the new PS3 are two weeks away. Can't wait to join the winning side. :D

It's going to be pretty nice to win two concurrent GAF super bowls as well. I will make GAF history.

LiveWire

Now that the Giants won a SuperBowl he's all high on himself. :)

Sadly for him, my Redskins will be the champions this year--in real life and in Madden! History has proven it twice before, and it will be so again! THIS, I COMMAND!

serpentor.jpg

Wellington said:
MGS4 and the new PS3 are two weeks away. Can't wait to join the winning side. :D

It's going to be pretty nice to win two concurrent GAF super bowls as well. I will make GAF history.

Quit mocking me!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Now that the Giants won a SuperBowl he's all high on himself. :)

Sadly for him, my Redskins will be the champions this year--in real life and in Madden! History has proven it twice before, and it will be so again! THIS, I COMMAND!

serpentor.jpg
!

Let's face it, I may not get the credit that FMT and DM do but let's look at the numbers:

1) I will be the third GAFfer in our league's history to hit 100 wins (sitting at 95 now)

2) Second most wins in GAF league playoffs

3) Tied for the most appearances in the GAF league super bowls and have the second most wins

4) Second most division titles won all time

Remember, the Giants started out as a really bad team as well, almost on par with the Niners. I have had absolutely no LBs or DBs for a few years now and yet still have one of the best D's consistently.

shawnwhann said:
Quit mocking me!

:D

Mrbob

Too bad you are spreading your resources this year onto two systems, therefore diminishing the impact you'll have on both leagues. :D

You need to train your fingers Rocky style on one gamepad.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
Too bad you are spreading your resources this year onto two systems, therefore diminishing the impact you'll have on both leagues. :D

You need to train your fingers Rocky style on one gamepad.
How did you manage to tear yourself away from your stories to post this?

LiveWire

Wellington said:
!

Let's face it, I may not get the credit that FMT and DM do but let's look at the numbers:

I never understood why DM gets so much credit. He's the Bironas of Madden GAF. :p FMT deserves major props for getting the Niners anywhere every year. I've always said you were good, regardless of the team you used--though having Strahan has always made the Giants a good team in Madden, IMO. This year will be ridiculous. :(

This will be my breakout year with the Skins. :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
I never understood why DM gets so much credit. He's the Bironas of Madden GAF. :p FMT deserves major props for getting the Niners anywhere every year. I've always said you were good, regardless of the team you used--though having Strahan has always made the Giants a good team in Madden, IMO. This year will be ridiculous. :(

This will be my breakout year with the Skins. :D
I am just glad that Wynn is off the Skins. He always killed me in Madden whether it was against you or Sable.

Jtrizzy

I'd love to be in a Madden/NCAA/both PS3 league. I've been a very hardcore fan/player of these games (Madden more so than NCAA)since they started coming out on consoles way back when.

DCX

DCX
It's funny, i swear i have won more games than that, but maybe. Hell i won 12 alone in one season. I went 12-4 that season and missed the playoffs ( damn FMT ) And i'm 1-1 in the playoffs without a playoff percentage :/ DLC? I vow to be a better player this year, i'm going to dedicate myself to being a complete player and limit mistakes. I want to be able to say i play the best i could.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Man remember that year I was 14-0 headed into my matchup with Rors? My goal line O was either at or near 100% scoring. Everything was going to come to a head with a final matchup against FMT and then Rors fucked it up. I proceeded to lose three straight and bow out of the first round of the playoffs. :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
64 all time losses for me :eek: :lol <3 Texans

MOST MADDEN LOSSES EVER IN THE HISTORY OF GAF,id like that tag CK.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
So I could have more losses!? Awesome.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
yeah, we could all have more losses! Too bad we don't have records for games against opponents! I know I'm below .500 against DM and FMT, but I think I'm above .500 against CK! Thank you Detroit year!

Jtrizzy

Wellington said:
With the splitting off to two leagues, I am sure there will be space. What is your team?

Growing up I was a Niners fan, but when the Panthers came into the league I started pulling for them. I certainly don't mind being another team if those are taken though, I'm all about being in a competitive league. I don't really know any good Madden players in the town I just moved to, and playing randoms online sucks.

As far as NCAA I would love to be UNC...I'm sure no one wants them anyway.

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
yeah, we could all have more losses! Too bad we don't have records for games against opponents! I know I'm below .500 against DM and FMT, but I think I'm above .500 against CK! Thank you Detroit year!
There are only a few members i haven't beaten. Shawn , Ando and Vump. I have defeated everyone else at least once. My 12-4 season i shit all over DM and Wellie :p And i beat FMT in the preseason tourney ( my only win against him ). I'm still an average player who shows flashes of potential only to be defeated by his predictable tendencies.

DCX

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Don't mean to crap on your point, but those numbers aren't correct. :p I always regard you as top tier, but those numbers aren't exactly 100%. Props to FMT for even keeping a record, though.

Wellington said:
Man remember that year I was 14-0 headed into my matchup with Rors? My goal line O was either at or near 100% scoring. Everything was going to come to a head with a final matchup against FMT and then Rors fucked it up. I proceeded to lose three straight and bow out of the first round of the playoffs.
I've fucked up more than 1 "undefeated" season. :D I love being the wildcard!

DMczaf

(better than DM because there's no asterisk on your bowls!)

Funny that its an asterisk when you failed to win that season :p SOUR GRAPES.

Would there be an asterisk for Season 9 if you could have man'd up?!

Mrbob

My record is proof positive I've played in the toughest divisions.

80-59 record and only 2 division titles.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
My record is proof positive I've played in the toughest divisions.

80-59 record and only 2 division titles.

Bears have been overrated in Madden for years,you should have more wins.

Mr.Bob is overrated.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Bears have been overrated in Madden for years,you should have more wins.

Mr.Bob is overrated.

I'm sure Mr Bob is still proud of his Madden 06 awards

III. Kijana Carter Award - Worst Running Game

A. MrBob - how can you not run with the best running team in the game? What a sham.

V. Gwagh, gwagh, gwagh! Choker of the Year!

A. MrBob - defends his Superbowl crown by choking not once, but TWICE in a row despite having the "easiest" road to the playoffs. What a joke!

VI. "But all my receivers were covered!" Most use of TE

A. MrBob - time and again Bob converted long 3rd downs to Heathcliff Miller. Andokuky deserves honorable mention as well!

I. Brett Favre "Maybe I'll Play, Maybe I won't..." Award

A. MrBob - time and again when seasons start and as they go along, MrBob threatens to quit, to never play again, and to destroy his disc. Ok Favre!

II. "What are you doing David? I can't allow that." First Annual "Computer Screwed me out of a Win!" Award

A. Tie: MrBob/Andokuky - Tough to decide between these two, so it is a tie. Both never gave credit to their opponents and always claimed some greater artificial intelligence held back their greatness.

V. "I'll play later! I gots to see my shows!" Biggest Procrastinator

A. MrBob - time and again Bobby had to see his shows. Get your games over with first!

IX. Jeff Garcia Karma Police Award

A. MrBob - you wanted it you got it! Your mortgaged your madden future on your one title, now you are forever cursed! You shall never see the playoffs again.... ever!... for 3 months :(

:lol

Matrix

I'm loving my sweet winning percentage! 74% winning percentage after 61 games is damn impressive! I'm looking forward to moving the needle again and maintaining my status.

Will the real Wellie please stand up? Is it Eyore or Shawnwhann Ver 2.0? I can't tell... ;)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shawnwhann said:
I'm loving my sweet winning percentage! 74% winning percentage after 61 games is damn impressive! I'm looking forward to moving the needle again and maintaining my status.

Will the real Wellie please stand up? Is it Eyore or Shawnwhann Ver 2.0? I can't tell... ;)

I am ready for battle buddy, let's not forget who won the NFC East last season.

And yes I am fully aware that those numbers are incorrect: They include my Detroit season but some of my wins aren't in and the playoff numbers are off IIRC! I wish I could go back through all of our seasons on league daddy!

Matrix

DMczaf said:

I hate you and your overrated Bucs D.

I think that was my first time using the Texans and a dual shock,god damn that was brutal.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
VI. 2nd Annual Leonard Little Hit 'N Run Award - Best Defense Award

A. DMczaf - Consistently the best defense in the league, regardless of team.

B. Runners Up: Wellington, FMT

I think DM is a fraud with this one. It has been proven time and again that Tiburon slobbers TB cock.

DMczaf

Wellington said:
I think DM is a fraud with this one. It has been proven time and again that Tiburon slobbers TB cock.

TIKI TO THE OUTSIDE! TO THE 10! TO THE 5! TO THE 1! TOUCHD....OH WAIT! DERRICK BROOKS BLIND SIDES HIM!

Matrix

II. Peyton Manning Fraud of the Year

worstpassing.jpg
A. DMczaf - two playoff appearances, two untimely exists. Peyton would be proud!

DMczaf

And just like Peyton, we both broke through last year

2_131473_1_248.jpg

X. Joey Harrington "Nice Throw!" Award - Most Interceptions

A. Miguel - 30+ int's with the Texans, almost as many with the Bucs... wow!

joey.gif

:lol

Wellington said:
I am ready for battle buddy, let's not forget who won the NFC East last season.

And yes I am fully aware that those numbers are incorrect: They include my Detroit season but some of my wins aren't in and the playoff numbers are off IIRC! I wish I could go back through all of our seasons on league daddy!

Yeah you won the division by a hair but I'll cite to my rookie season Super Bowl win over you which was arguably the biggest upset in GAF Madden history. I'll forever be the Rafael Nadal to your Roger Federer, in other words, the upstart changing the landscape as everyone knows it....

Top Bottom