• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

excited to pick up the ps3 version tomorrow. If anyone else is doing the same my psn is Broadbandit so we should definantly get some games in

Crateman

If someone picks up the PS3 version today, please, try to play the game with a mouse and keyboard and post your impression here. I need to know how the game changes and if it plays like the PC version.

Do the community a favor!

suikodan

I have some questions about the PS3 version:

1- Does it support voice chat?
2- Is an option to play with PC users planned?

theBishop

Banned
suikodan said:
I have some questions about the PS3 version:

1- Does it support voice chat?
2- Is an option to play with PC users planned?

1- yes
2- Definitely not at launch. Possibly later once the frequency of patches slows significantly. Don't count on it.

"Momentum, Momentum, Momentum."

Depends on the map. On Sentinel, yeah, it can easily turn into a landslide.

And also my previous statement was only in regards to DM/TDM. It's even sillier when you factor in CTF.

dralla

yea so someone got the PSTripple version today

"So far, so good. I've spent tons of time in Resistance (far too much, really) and do agree it is fantastic online. Right now, everything looks great. There's an in-game buddy list, which is ace. There is voice chat! Stability will come with time, and I'm sure we'll find out in a few days when thousands go online."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8891887&postcount=62

unfortunately, no splitscreen

mr stroke

dralla said:
yea so someone got the PSTripple version today

"So far, so good. I've spent tons of time in Resistance (far too much, really) and do agree it is fantastic online. Right now, everything looks great. There's an in-game buddy list, which is ace. There is voice chat! Stability will come with time, and I'm sure we'll find out in a few days when thousands go online."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8891887&postcount=62

any chance at trying a M+K yet?

Jenga

Banned
It's almost stunning how no one is playing UT3. Well, people I personally know (IRL and the interwebs) anyways. All busy playing Orange Box, CoD4, etc. Looks like I might pick up UT3 when it hits the bargain bin.

mr stroke

anyone know when we will hear numbers for the PC version? it almost sounds unreal but is it possible this game only sold 2000-3000 copies so far? considering there are 500-1000 people online at peak times and if half of the people that buy the game don't go online then that=2000 copies sold total :(
?

tanod

when is my burrito
Jenga said:
It's almost stunning how no one is playing UT3. Well, people I personally know (IRL and the interwebs) anyways. All busy playing Orange Box, CoD4, etc. Looks like I might pick up UT3 when it hits the bargain bin.

It ships today and is in stores tomorrow. How are people supposed to play a game that's not really out yet?

Barnolde

Banned
dralla said:
WTF... Isn't the 360 one supposed to have 4 player splitscreen? Then again, this game seems like one that will be updated a lot in the coming months.

anyone know if those WASD centered half keyboard things work on the PS3? im talking about the things that are like a small circle of square with WASD in the middle and ment for "hardcore" pc gamers.

I would never buy one of those for PC, but for my console set up, they would work really well.

h3ro

Where is Cliffy B? Was he involved in the development of UT III or was he on the team working on the Gears of Windows port?

We saw lots of him when Gears came out, I'm surprised there haven't been tons of more interviews with Cliffy B. Mark Rein has done a few though...

"anyone know when we will hear numbers for the PC version? it almost sounds unreal but is it possible this game only sold 2000-3000 copies so far? considering there are 500-1000 people online at peak times and if half of the people that buy the game don't go online then that=2000 copies sold total :( "

Judging by the leaderboards, there's been at least 55k copies sold. And that's just because I see one of my friend's position.

dralla

it's Garnett. says review will be up soon. sounds like it'll be 8.5'd

he talks about the single player for the majority. *yawn*

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Teknopathetic said:
"anyone know when we will hear numbers for the PC version? it almost sounds unreal but is it possible this game only sold 2000-3000 copies so far? considering there are 500-1000 people online at peak times and if half of the people that buy the game don't go online then that=2000 copies sold total :( "

Judging by the leaderboards, there's been at least 55k copies sold. And that's just because I see one of my friend's position.

Damn really?

Nah that can't be true, its madness! UT has a good fanbase (well Epic) so that alone should sell. Same team who did gears should sell. Console isn't even out yet (in socal its not) and i dont recall seeing the PC version anywhere except for a couple of few places that sold early.

Zzoram

theBishop said:
1- yes
2- Definitely not at launch. Possibly later once the frequency of patches slows significantly. Don't count on it.

Never happening, the PS3 version is 30% slower than the PC version in movement speed.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Zzoram said:
Never happening, the PS3 version is 30% slower than the PC version in movement speed.

After playing the demo on my PC, I didnt like how fast it was...it was almost too fast. So I'm opting for the ps3 version

Barnolde

Banned
dralla said:
No, it takes a lot of horsepower to run a game splitscreen when it looks as good as UT3.

Ah, I misunderstood, it's 4 player co-op, but they're going the Halo 3 route, with only 2 players per screen.

They had said this in OXM a few months ago:

The Xbox 360 version of the game will support four-player co-op and two-player split-screen in the single-player campaign, which will let you take different paths depending on the decisions you take.
http://www.techpowerup.com/index.php?32084

Regardless, I'm still getting it for PS3, I suppose there's always Haze for my splitscreen fix.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Aeon712 said:
Just called the store I work at and we have it, Now to shower and go pick it up :D
Status report on server populations ASAP. I am picking this up today as well but I am concerned about the fractured userbase splitting between kb.m and sixaxis and the lack of PR. 4 on 4 in UT3 would not be fun.

DenogginizerOS said:
Status report on server populations ASAP. I am picking this up today as well but I am concerned about the fractured userbase splitting between kb.m and sixaxis and the lack of PR. 4 on 4 in UT3 would not be fun.
1 on 1 was always fun in the UT series. obviously not every map is suitable for every number of players, but 4 on 4 is absolutely fun at least in the last three games in the series.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
plagiarize said:
1 on 1 was always fun in the UT series. obviously not every map is suitable for every number of players, but 4 on 4 is absolutely fun at least in the last three games in the series.
It can be fun. That is true. But ideally, I think UT3 is designed with full rooms in mind.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Aeon712 said:
Just called the store I work at and we have it, Now to shower and go pick it up :D

Aeon, im picking it up now. Message me on PSN when you get it and lets duke it out!

Edit:

I'm really excited to get mods on this, so heres a couple of questions for the PC folks.

Are there significant mods up yet? and how do you download them/transfer them to PS3? I don't have it on PC, but my friend does and i'm probably going to his house today to check it out.

pxleyes

Banned
Teknopathetic said:

Still, that bad? I was tempted to pick it up as a side track from WoW or TF2...but with those sales I don't know if its even worth it.

How long will it take before they even get decent mod support at this point?

"How long will it take before they even get decent mod support at this point?"

Depends on how fast Epic starts a Make Something Unreal contest. That really spurred mod creation.

Tom Penny

It's crazy that the PS3 version will likely sell more than the PC version. Never thought I'd see that day. Thirty percent slower gameplay is probably a good thing. The PC version seemed almost TOO fast IMO. It sucks that when the X360 verison comes out it will outsell the PS3 version like 3-1 at minimal.

methane47

Tom Penny said:
It's crazy that the PS3 version will likely sell more than the PC version. Never thought I'd see that day. Thirty percent slower gameplay is probably a good thing. The PC version seemed almost TOO fast IMO. It sucks that when the X360 verison comes out it will outsell the PS3 version like 3-1 at minimal.

probablty cuz when that version comes out they will actually advertise it... unlike PC and PS3 versions apparantly..

bee

judging by the screenshots in the ps3 review thread it will feel a lot slower not only was the game slowed down by 20 or 30% but the fov looks super low also, maybe its just the same default as the pc version dunno ive only ever played it with 100 fov.

Fady K

Ok guys, so um, December isnt exactly full of big releases on any console or handheld, so er, WHY THE HELL AINT EPIC MARKETING THIS MORE???! Do they not want to sell their next big game since GeOW??? Ah.

Top Bottom