• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

Blablurn

is there some kind of coop-(online/offline) multiplayer or is it just for one person only? I mean, it would be fun if I can play it with some of my friends.

Chorazin

Blablurn said:
is there some kind of coop-(online/offline) multiplayer or is it just for one person only? I mean, it would be fun if I can play it with some of my friends.

Wouldn't that be Team Deathmatch?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Tom Penny said:
You can determine how fast a game is by screenshots? First time i've ever heard such a claim.

I was about to say the same thing :lol

but I'm glad its slower than the PC version, that shyt is crazy fast.

bee

Tom Penny said:
You can determine how fast a game is by screenshots? First time i've ever heard such a claim.

you can tell roughly what the fov is in a screenshot easy, fov affects how fast a game feels go play any pc shooter on fov 70 then change it to fov 100 and it will look noticeably faster, same for racing games etc.

theBishop

Banned
FFObsessed said:
I think i asked this in the other UT3 thread, but does the PS3 version have a "Party" System a la Resistance and CoD4?

Epic expects Home to function as the party system when it becomes available. Rein has confirmed in at least 2 sources that UT3 will support the game launching feature demoed at this year's E3 with Motorstorm.

g35twinturbo said:
I was about to say the same thing :lol

but I'm glad its slower than the PC version, that shyt is crazy fast.

Huh, maybe I'll pick this up for PS3 then. I never liked how goofyfast everything is in shooters like this. I have a hard time resisting a game that looks like this, and I like supporting the PStriple.

"Still, that bad? I was tempted to pick it up as a side track from WoW or TF2...but with those sales I don't know if its even worth it."

"Looks like I might pick up UT3 when it hits the bargain bin."

I really don't know why people keep harping on this. There are plenty of people who play where you can find a match and play with no problems. I've been playing at all kinds of cooky hours and still having no problem finding a match. Also, if people weren't holding until it hits bargain bins due to some lackluster logic that the game needs to sell x amount of copies to be enjoyable the community would get bigger not smaller.

Madman

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"Still, that bad? I was tempted to pick it up as a side track from WoW or TF2...but with those sales I don't know if its even worth it."

"Looks like I might pick up UT3 when it hits the bargain bin."

I really don't know why people keep harping on this. There are plenty of people who play where you can find a match and play with no problems. I've been playing at all kinds of cooky hours and still having no problem finding a match. Also, if people weren't holding until it hits bargain bins due to some lackluster logic that the game needs to sell x amount of copies to be enjoyable the community would get bigger not smaller.
It's a terrible mindset. If a game has a lacking community, not buying it just contributes to the problem. Every person counts.

"It's a terrible mindset. If a game has a lacking community, not buying it just contributes to the problem. Every person counts."

Pretty much my annoyance. If half the people who never played it and complain about the community bought it the community would be pretty substantial.

inner-G

Banned
Hunter D said:
So with the speed decrease does this mean the PS3 version will be around the speed of Wolf:ET?
I just picked it up this morning, I'd say its a little faster than Resistance.
The instant spawning makes multiplayer pacing very fast though.

(I'm not a PC gamer though, so I can't compare it to PC UT's)

f@luS

More than a member.
inner-G said:

give more impressions ! photos ! anything !

Hunter D

inner-G said:

Wolf:ET is a free game. Just DL it and compare the two.:D

theBishop

Banned
inner-G said:

Please confirm Splitscreen (or lack of) features asap.

Is this game's mods so flexible that you could create a 3rd person shooter mod? With your own guns, characters, levels and vehicles?

Also would it be possible to make a mod with online play like the ones for HL2?

I messed with mods on HL2, but playing a mod on my console will be fucking amazing!

InterMoniker said:
Is this game's mods so flexible that you could create a 3rd person shooter mod? With your own guns, characters, levels and vehicles?

Also would it be possible to make a mod with online play like the ones for HL2?

I messed with mods on HL2, but playing a mod on my console will be fucking amazing!

With enough time and effort the game could be turned into an RTS. I doubt anyone will do that, but it's certainly possible.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
So before picking the game up on PS3, I thought I'd give the PC demo a whirl.

ut3ugh2.jpg
ut3ugh1.jpg

My poor computer. :(

so just to get this straight....split screen campaign and only with 360 but no split screen for ps3?

WTF?

when is the 360 version coming out? Split screen is a huge bonus for me.

madmook

I want confirmation from people who have the game regarding splitscreen. Just read a thread on GameFAQs where some are saying no splitscreen AT ALL. If so, massive fail.

Madman

Kabuki Waq said:
so just to get this straight....split screen campaign and only with 360 but no split screen for ps3?

WTF?

when is the 360 version coming out? Split screen is a huge bonus for me.
None of that is confirmed.

360 version should come out 6 months after the PS3 version.

GAF is slippin today, I expected a whole slew of impressions about this game by now. I guess it's up to me to find a copy and be the guinea pig myself today. Sigh...

plagiarize said:
ut3ugh1.jpg

even at this horrible low detail, i can see that the new goo gun is a beautiful beautiful thing.

I suicided a few times because I was enchanted by the evil little creatures that swim around in the goo. That's my kind of weapon design.

chubigans said:
So before picking the game up on PS3, I thought I'd give the PC demo a whirl.

ut3ugh2.jpg
ut3ugh1.jpg

My poor computer. :(

Well that's one way to lower your standards :p I'm sure you'll be even more impressed now when you get the PS3 version.

oneHeero

theBishop said:
Epic expects Home to function as the party system when it becomes available. Rein has confirmed in at least 2 sources that UT3 will support the game launching feature demoed at this year's E3 with Motorstorm.
Can you be more specific what that means? Didnt follow it in E3 or Motorstorm. How is it working online? I apologize that I didnt follow it, party system or not? Open mics? Lobby system?

Synless

Question, while playing the ps3 version and looking at all the maps I thought there were supposed to be like more then 30 maps in this game??? I'm only counting 14 or 15. BTW the space station map is fucking gorgeous.

"Question, while playing the ps3 version and looking at all the maps I thought there were supposed to be like more then 30 maps in this game??? I'm only counting 14 or 15. BTW the space station map is fucking gorgeous."

The maps are gametype specific. Switch gametype, you'll see different maps.

Dante

Synless said:
Question, while playing the ps3 version and looking at all the maps I thought there were supposed to be like more then 30 maps in this game??? I'm only counting 14 or 15. BTW the space station map is fucking gorgeous.

What are the numbers like so far, are many people online yet?

theBishop

Banned
oneHeero said:
Can you be more specific what that means? Didnt follow it in E3 or Motorstorm. How is it working online? I apologize that I didnt follow it, party system or not? Open mics? Lobby system?

I'm not sure on details because the implementation in the Home beta is looking a little different from the E3 demo. But the gist of it is you create a "Game Session" in Home, invite people to the session, and then launch the game. Everyone in your session will be on the same server in UT3. When you exit UT3, everyone will be dropped back into Home in the same place they were before launching.

Synless

Teknopathetic said:
"Question, while playing the ps3 version and looking at all the maps I thought there were supposed to be like more then 30 maps in this game??? I'm only counting 14 or 15. BTW the space station map is fucking gorgeous."

The maps are gametype specific. Switch gametype, you'll see different maps.
Are they just larger or smaller versions of different maps or new maps entirely?

oneHeero

theBishop said:
I'm not sure on details because the implementation in the Home beta is looking a little different from the E3 demo. But the gist of it is you create a "Game Session" in Home, invite people to the session, and then launch the game. Everyone in your session will be on the same server in UT3. When you exit UT3, everyone will be dropped back into Home in the same place they were before launching.
Thank you, I am wondering how this is gonna work since Home aint here yet :\

@Synless-Can you tell us the setup online? Lobbies, mics, friends list and so on?

Madman

oneHeero said:
I don't feel like looking up the video, but if you look up Sony's E3 presentation, you will see it in action. Basically it is meeting up in Home and launching into a game as a group.

Edit: Shit, beaten.

Lefty42o

Banned
ok bout to fire her up. will play lil campaign befor my daughter gets off the bus. will give impressions once i do that.

Synless

oneHeero said:
Thank you, I am wondering how this is gonna work since Home aint here yet :\

@Synless-Can you tell us the setup online? Lobbies, mics, friends list and so on?
Yes, you have your Quick Game, Host Game, or Join Game. Join Game has Internet or Lan options, all your game modes. It also has a Pure server option you can toggle on and off. You can select which server you want to choose from (arean't that many right now). The mics work good from what I can tell and the Friends list is in the game but not XMB, you can accept friends from within the game as well as add people. You can send messages but I'm assuming you can only check them outside of a match. Oh and the graphics are beautiful and I have not seen a single drop in fps no matter what's going on.

Top Bottom