• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

Lefty42o

Banned
do i have to press a button to talk? trying to figure out the mic support.
played 2 games so far dead silent. so frustrating.

PSN Lefty420

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am picking this up after work. Several of you are on my Friends list from Resistance. I will look for you guys after 9EST tonight!

oneHeero

dralla said:
yay Epic. pre-game lobby, friends list, game invites, voice chat...all the features I want are in.
I assume you have it and relaying that info to us right? that would be great since its more confirmation this online will rock.

CAVE343

How does the dodging work? I mean you move with the left analog I guess, how can you dodge? Double tap or something?

I hope my copy arrives soon, can't wait to try this version out :)

dralla

just tested KB/M. works great so far. now i just need to get a small table so I can use it.

press in the left joystick to dodge.

Gaf Name/ PSN Name
Lefty42o Lefty420
Broadbandito Broadbandit
Dralla DirtyWorm
dark10x dark1x
bad-joey badjoey
DenogginizerOS Denogginizer
theBishop theBishop
Nightz N1ghtz
Aeon712 Aeon712
Costanza ????
cameltoe cameltow
BeeDog BeeDog
Dante Jenovah
nickslicl HellsHalfHalo
Wollan Wollan
Bebpo Bebpo or Bebpojp
Firewire Spartan666
.hacked morphixPS
Shawnwhann ProfessaSkillz
Satori Sattori
Tonx Tonx
mr stroke mr stroke
jacket320 jacket320
AlxRymnd914 Alias2k9

Everyone post psn names so i can add

DeadGzuz

Banned
Lefty42o said:
don;t matter to me i just want it to be the native res as my tv :D

Your TV hass a scaler and in most cases it will be better than the PS3 solution. So you have no need to worry unless you have one of those old 1080i only "HD"TVs.

Lefty42o

Banned
oneHeero said:
I assume you have it and relaying that info to us right? that would be great since its more confirmation this online will rock.

i see no lobby. maybe he means home but since thats not out yet and no gurantee it will use ut3 idk.

it has a custom ingame friends list which is nice but does not use the xmb friends list from what i can see.

Lefty42o

Banned
DeadGzuz said:
Your TV hass a scaler and in most cases it will be better than the PS3 solution. So you have no need to worry unless you have one of those old 1080i only "HD"TVs.

i would rather feed my tv a 1080p signal than to have it scale as you say. always looks better. more crisp if i feed it a 1080p signal. with that said we found a way to force 1080p and the game looks sweet

oneHeero

I have a keyboard that came with my PC, it doesnt have the USB end, it has the round part that plugs in not like a USB. Is there a lil part that I can buy that will plug into my keyboard converting it to USB? Or need a new keyboard?

Lefty42o

Banned
oneHeero said:
I have a keyboard that came with my PC, it doesnt have the USB end, it has the round part that plugs in not like a USB. Is there a lil part that I can buy that will plug into my keyboard converting it to USB? Or need a new keyboard?

ps/2 -usb adapter. you can find one cheap at any eletronics store

dralla

Lefty42o said:
i see no lobby. maybe he means home but since thats not out yet and no gurantee it will use ut3 idk.

it has a custom ingame friends list which is nice but does not use the xmb friends list from what i can see.

go to Host game. you'll be put into a pre-game lobby and have access to your friends [press R1 to scroll to it]and have the option to invite them.

Lefty42o

Banned
dralla said:
go to Host game. you'll be put into a pre-game lobby and have access to your friends [press R1 to scroll to it]and have the option to invite them.

i c now. thanks. doesn't help if i do not want to host. i was feeling more like a shadowrun lobby where i make a lobby than can search thru dedicated servers or other matches and take my friends with me.

thats a true lobby system.

Lefty42o

Banned
first negative experience. was trying to join a server, never joined. sat there for 5-10 mins no time out. had to hit the home button and quit game which made my ps3 crash and turn off.

on the mic support i think you have to hit right on the d-pad to talk. not sure yet casue no one has actually said they heard me or spoken back yet

kbear

re: PS3 version

I don't know if I should get this or not.. I'm wavering

I have my doubts about the mod community. I just don't think it'll sell enough for it to really take off. There's been like no marketing or hype for this game. Even if good mods are created, will the online community be populated enough for it to matter? These are my main concerns. The gameplay looks fun, gfx look great, etc.

Lefty42o

Banned
ok ps3 just froze up trying to join another server. similar to what i experienced playing the ut3 pc demo. frustrating.

dralla

Lefty42o said:
i c now. thanks. doesn't help if i do not want to host. i was feeling more like a shadowrun lobby where i make a lobby than can search thru dedicated servers or other matches and take my friends with me.

Press Start in a game and you can use your friends list as well, R1 to scroll to it

and what you describe is a party system, which is not in UT3

Lefty42o

Banned
dralla said:
Press Start in a game and you can use your friends list as well, R1 to scroll to it

can i make a lobby with out hosting a match? than can i take said lobby and join any other hosted match?

answer to both is no. so therfore there is no lobby system

Gattsu25

Banned
Lefty42o said:

No, that's a party system

breaten with the quickness

Lefty42o

Banned
Gattsu25 said:
No, that's a party system

breaten with the quickness

well same diff :D . not complaining bout it but would have been nice to have that feature.

any game with hosting and servers has a lobby.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Lefty42o said:
i would rather feed my tv a 1080p signal than to have it scale as you say. always looks better. more crisp if i feed it a 1080p signal. with that said we found a way to force 1080p and the game looks sweet

Whether or not the PS3 or the TV does the scaling the native resolution is not 1080P so what you are descibring is a plecobo effect. Only true 1080P games, which are rare, will give you a 1:1 pixel mapping and no scaling. Some games have very bad 1080 scaling, so you can only force them when you uncheck 720P (the devs do this on purpose). It's best to leave 720P on and let the TV use it's internal scaler than to use some funky software solution like the 960x1080 fix that some games use.

If you want to compare some SS just check the 720P vs 1080P screenshots for games like RBS:V and NGS.

From Eurogamer:

Indeed, the only major issue I have with the visuals in the PS3 conversion concerns the 1080i/1080p support. Whatever scaling method Ubisoft is using here must surely be the worst example of image resizing I've ever seen.

Lefty42o

Banned
DeadGzuz said:
Whether or not the PS3 or the TV does the scaling the native resolution is not 1080P so what you are descibring is a plecobo effect. Only true 1080P games, which are rare, will give you a 1:1 pixel mapping and no scaling. Some games have very bad 1080 scaling, so you can only force them when you uncheck 720P (the devs do this on purpose). It's best to leave 720P on and let the TV use it's internal scaler than to use some funky software solution like the 960x1080 fix that some games use.

If you want to compare some SS just check the 720P vs 1080P screenshots for games like RBS:V and NGS.

what?

one more time if i send a 1080i signal to my tv is does not look as sharp as a 1080p signal. this is from my own personal; experience. maybe the scaler in my tv sucks? you arguing a mute point. i will take a 1080p signal to my tv any day of the week over a 1080i or 720p signal.

thats all i am saying. take it to another forum casue we already forced 1080p and i am very happy how it looks.

Lefty42o

Banned
DeadGzuz said:
Exactly, you don't get it. I give up.

you don;t get it. your debating upscaled vs native. i already explained that even if its upscaled if the signal to my tv is 1080i its not as sharp as 1080p.

you don't think as a owner of a 1080p tv i have not tested this out? your trying to tell me about my tv. :lol

i would rather have my tv accept a 1080p signal. why is that so hard for you to understand.
now if i have no choice and have to go 720p or 1080i yes i will go 1080i and let my tv de-interlace the image. but its not as sharp as a 720p image but 72op also has artifacts from the upscaling.

so to end the damn argument i could care less what the source is natively in, i would like my tv to accept a 1080p signal when i have the ability to send it one.

dralla

Lefty42o said:
well same diff :D . not complaining bout it but would have been nice to have that feature.

any game with hosting and servers has a lobby.

apparently you haven't played Warhawk. no lobby, randomized teams, auto-balance = no team swtichin...impossible to play with a group of friends

Lefty42o

Banned
dralla said:
apparently you haven't played Warhawk. no lobby, randomized teams, auto-balance = no team swtichin...impossible to play with a group of friends

yes i have and yes those are some of my compliants. not game killing just saying what i wish the game had. maybe its my halo 3and halo 2 days.

even cod4 has a party system.

once again not game breaking by no means. i love what epic has done with ut3 so far. just explaining what i would have liked

belvedere

Junior Butler
dralla said:

Actually, it appears you've never played Warhawk.

There is a lobby, randomized teams are only random if you set it up that way, auto balance is optional in the server setup and you CAN switch teams if the server is setup to do so.

Lefty42o

Banned
belvedere said:
Actually, it appears you've never played Warhawk.

There is a lobby, randomized teams are only random if you set it up that way, auto balance is optional in the server setup and you CAN switch teams if the server is setup to do so.

i think its a word play thing, i was referring to a party.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Lefty42o said:
bla bla bla, stuff that proves I don't get it.....

How to be more clear? Most games are rendered at 720P or even lower (600P CoD4, 640P Halo 3, etc.). The console scales the frame buffer image to 1080P (lets say). You are claiming you don't want your TV to scale it because 1080P signal looks better, that's BS - it depends on the scaling algorithm used, whether the console or TV is doing it.

Letting the PS3 take a 960x1080 buffer and horizontally scaling it to 1920x1080 will not look as good as the native 1280x720 hardware scaled in the horizontal and vertical by the TV. This is what NGS does and it has been discussed her and on B3D.

I do own a Westinghouse 1080P and have compared the real screens and screenshots.

Lefty42o

Banned
DeadGzuz said:
How to be more clear? Most games are rendered at 720P or even lower (600P CoD4, 640P Halo 3, etc.). The console scales the frame buffer image to 1080P (lets say). You are claiming you don't want your TV to scale it because 1080P signal looks better, that's BS - it depends on the scaling algorithm used, whether the console or TV is doing it.

Letting the PS3 take a 960x1080 buffer and horizontally scaling it to 1920x1080 will not look as good as the native 1280x720 hardware scaled in the horizontal and vertical by the TV. This is what NGS does and it has been discussed her and on B3D.

I do own a Westinghouse 1080P and have compared the real screens and screenshots.

do you have a samsung lnt-4061

i do and i would not tell you how to use your westinghouse.

let me try to explain one more time. i do not like how a 720p or 1080i image sent to my tv looks. i like it better when i am sending a 1080p signal to my tv. it looks shaprer TO ME.

this whole argument is over my hardware and my experience. get the fuck off your horse trying to tell me what i perfer.

k thnx

Jag22

Banned
Could someone please tell me if the PS3 version of UT3 supports 1080i? I'm trying to decide if I want UT3 or Uncharted, and whether or not it supports 1080i will probably be the deciding factor.

Top Bottom