• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

.hacked

some quick pics off of my TV (sorry hard to play and take pics):

ut3001.jpg

ut3002.jpg

ut3003.jpg

ut3004.jpg

ut3005.jpg

Lefty42o

Banned
Jag22 said:
Could someone please tell me if the PS3 version of UT3 supports 1080i? I'm trying to decide if I want UT3 or Uncharted, and whether or not it supports 1080i will probably be the deciding factor.
if you have 480p and 1080i selected it will do 1080i. same for 1080p.

just checked for you

Broadbandito said:
man stop saying that.. I hate WI, too much ice and snow today. Ill be on tomorrow for sure

i feel your pain (actually i donlt just trying to be supportive :D )

besada

Banned
If it was in the store, I'll have it when I get home. The wife swung by to check. Feel free to add me to your friends list. PSN name same as this one.

Bebpo

Banned
Ok, first impressions:

-Game plays AMAZINGLY well with the controller. Taken by surprise at this.

-RUMBLE IS SO GOOD. This is the best rumble game on the PS3 right now. This combined with what I just said above makes it a hell of a lot of fun to play with a controller surprisingly (was planning on using my USB KB/M).

-Game runs very smooth. Locked 30fps feels nice though motion blur seems a bit overdone at times when you are panning fast. MB worked better in Gears when you reacted slower.

-Gameplay is ACE. I loved UT2k4 and put way more time than I should have into it and this feels just as tight. The speed reduction thing doesn't bother me as it still feels pretty fast and fun.

-Graphics don't look as good as Gears by a long shot. There I said it, go ahead and flame. The PC version might look on par, but the PS3 version's textures don't seem as good as Gears and the two arenas I've tried so far are just not on the same level.

-BUT, the graphics look awesome and locked at 30fps with tons of action going on, I'm really satisfied with the game visually. Audio 5.1 sounds good too with lots of use of all 6 channels.

Aeon712

Just played some games with Tonx and some against the 6fuswat guys from Resistance. Game is fun and I love not having to wait to respawn. There were only like 8 no kb/m dm servers though :(.

McLovin

Umm.. I just got this game for me and my cousin. Bought two copies. I opened one of the games to check it out. Thank goodness I didn't open them both. This game looks like ass. The graphics are bad.. the story mode (if you can call it that) sucks big time. Frame rate, pop-in(on the damn player model), horrible.. horrible textures. gameplay is bland and boring. I haven't even played the game an hour and I know the rest is crap. I should have realized something was up with the limited release.. its no wonder sony wasn't advertising this game. I honestly had more fun with Lair.. thats right LAIR :(
edit- you you guys like this crap?! Did I accidentally buy a beta-disc or something?

knicks

McLovin said:
Umm.. I just got this game for me and my cousin. Bought two copies. I opened one of the games to check it out. Thank goodness I didn't open them both. This game looks like ass. The graphics are bad.. the story mode (if you can call it that) sucks big time. Frame rate, pop-in(on the damn player model), horrible.. horrible textures. gameplay is bland and boring. I haven't even played the game an hour and I know the rest is crap. I should have realized something was up with the limited release.. its no wonder sony wasn't advertising this game. I honestly had more fun with Lair.. thats right LAIR :(

.....you kinda ruined the fakeboyness when you had to say the fps and the graphics sucked. Also with the lair...

Dante

McLovin said:
edit- you you guys like this crap?! Did I accidentally buy a beta-disc or something?

Your saying the frame rate is bad? kinda makes me wonder about your impressions considering everybody is saying it's locked down.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Unreal veterans, answer me this...have there been a lot of single player mods for Unreal before? Or just all multi?

McLovin

knicks said:
.....you kinda ruined the fakeboyness when you had to say the fps and the graphics sucked. Also with the lair...
dude I can take pics... and if look at my history I am a PS3 fanboy. I'm being totally sincere here.

Edit. you know what.. never mind... Go out and buy it but don't say I didn't warn you. Then post your impressions. I had some high hopes for this game :(

Jag22

Banned
Lefty42o said:
if you have 480p and 1080i selected it will do 1080i. same for 1080p.

just checked for you

i feel your pain (actually i donlt just trying to be supportive :D )

Thanks man, much appreciated.

Firewire

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Just played some games with Tonx and some against the 6fuswat guys from Resistance. Game is fun and I love not having to wait to respawn. There were only like 8 no kb/m dm servers though :(.

Bastards! I'll be on in 10-15 minutes! C'mon Aeon you know I'm good for a kill! :lol

satori

Just got back from store. I knew I should not but I had to pick up this game. I have to be sure this does not go in the piles of games I have not even opened yet...

PSN name is Sattori. Add me and make me play! :)

Spin

I'd really like to play co-op in splitscreen with my buddy. Is it possible with UT3? Some say it is and some sayt it's not? can someone post a pic of splitscreen?

Lefty42o

Banned
McLovin said:
dude I can take pics... and if look at my history I am a PS3 fanboy. I'm being totally sincere here.

Edit. you know what.. never mind... Go out and buy it but don't say I didn't warn you. Then post your impressions. I had some high hopes for this game :(

dude non of what you posted make any sense. i played lair and oh no this game is butter smooth.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
McLovin said:

I can't comment on the PS3 version, but the PC version is awesome. Have you played Unreal games before? Did you know what you were getting into? I realize Unreal games aren't for everyone, but UT3 is pretty much the same as UTK4 with some improvements and different graphics. These games are all about the multiplayer mode. Its amazing that they included anything more than a tutorial for the single-player side of this game in my opinion.

Have you tried mutliplayer yet? I find it ridiculous that anyone would call Unreal's gameplay "bland and boring". Maybe you should try playing the game for more than an hour before "knowing" that the rest is crap. At least play a few games online before passing your final judgment. Then again, its hard to acknowledge the judgment of someone who claims to have experienced anything but frustration with Lair.

Lefty42o

Banned
Zefah said:
I can't comment on the PS3 version, but the PC version is awesome. Have you played Unreal games before? Did you know what you were getting into? I realize Unreal games aren't for everyone, but UT3 is pretty much the same as UTK4 with some improvements and different graphics. These games are all about the multiplayer mode. Its amazing that they included anything more than a tutorial for the single-player side of this game in my opinion.

Have you tried mutliplayer yet? I find it ridiculous that anyone would call Unreal's gameplay "bland and boring". Maybe you should try playing the game for more than an hour before "knowing" that the rest is crap. At least play a few games online before passing your final judgment. Then again, its hard to acknowledge the judgment of someone who claims to have experienced anything but frustration with Lair.

i played the pc demo and its very similar to the ps3 version. and the ps3 version is smooth.

i think he just did not know what unreal was about. and the comments about framerate :lol she is locked at 30 no tearing nothing. very nice game

jacket320

Hunter D said:
Why are the feet falling through the floor?

That kinda stuff has always happened on my computer while playing UT so it sounds like business as usual to me. Believe me though, it's not like that all the time or anything.

Hunter D

jacket320 said:
That kinda stuff has always happened on my computer while playing UT so it sounds like business as usual to me. Believe me though, it's not like that all the time or anything.
I haven't seen that in any of the pc screens in this thread. Does it happen in the pc version?

BeeDog

Hunter D said:
I haven't seen that in any of the pc screens in this thread. Does it happen in the pc version?

Yes it does. It's simply because the collision detection isn't optimal on that raised stone block. You are not supposed to elevate as soon as you step on it, to preserve a good flow.

jacket320

Hunter D said:

Sorry, was referring to past UT games. If I could load UT3 on my computer then I'd be glad to tell you! (And my computer sobs quietly)

Yes it does. It's simply because the collision detection isn't optimal on that raised stone block. You are not supposed to elevate as soon as you step on it, to preserve a good flow.
It's a complete non issue though because there is absolutely no way you could possibly notice it while playing.

BeeDog

WHOAguitarninja said:
It's a complete non issue though because there is absolutely no way you could possibly notice it while playing.

Exactly my point. It's just unlucky to take a picture when at an end-match 3rd person spin to notice that.

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah, it's a lot of fun, but the games I've played have been a bit laggy especially when compared to offline games with bots.

Also about the 30% speed reduction. I'm realizing that I think it's perfect for deathmatch and team deathmatch in small arenas, but in the Warfare mode it does feel slower than UT2k4.

And yeah, if you are playing this with a PS3 controller, you have to get a dual shock. The rumble implementation is so good here.

McLovin

Zefah said:

Well when I went online there was this big ass map and like 3 people in it. Then I found another room with more people but I kept running into one guy. This would be my first Unreal game since my pc sucks ass. Maybe I didn't know where I was going I dunno.. either way I think the graphics suck. Some of the vehicles where ok but others didn't really respond well. The characters look floaty as hell.. no shadows(at least online) I didn't like color scheme at all.. the voices are annoying as hell too. They say all these stupid one liners.. arg. And what the hell is up with that campaign mode.. its just death matches with bots.. and cut scenes in between. Also when you die the rag doll physics are horrible.

edit never mind about the shadow thing.. I just noticed it. Its not very visible though.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Played it on PS3 with the Sixaxis and KB/M. Gotta say, i did way better with the Sixaxis. I was wrecking people on the KB/M servers with it. Good games Aeon :D

GAF/PSN : TONX

Lefty42o

Banned
Bebpo said:
Yeah, it's a lot of fun, but the games I've played have been a bit laggy especially when compared to offline games with bots.

Also about the 30% speed reduction. I'm realizing that I think it's perfect for deathmatch and team deathmatch in small arenas, but in the Warfare mode it does feel slower than UT2k4.

And yeah, if you are playing this with a PS3 controller, you have to get a dual shock. The rumble implementation is so good here.

something is wrong with your internet. i have yet to have a laggy game. most agmes i join have a ping if 100 or less.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Graphics don't look as good as Gears by a long shot. There I said it, go ahead and flame. The PC version might look on par, but the PS3 version's textures don't seem as good as Gears and the two arenas I've tried so far are just not on the same level.
They are the same (maybe even slightly nicer thanks to motion blur, which is not available on PC it seems) than the PC version on the highest settings. This is simply how the game was designed to look.

I do think the textures are higher resolution than Gears, however (but not as artistically pleasing).

f@luS

More than a member.
Is the framerate really locked to 30 no matter what? i couldnt bear Halo 3 framerate who was very often a *bit* below 30. I need to be sure here (and i somewhat doubt it can looks this good, with so much on screen with a steady framerate...)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
f@luS said:
Is the framerate really locked to 30 no matter what? i couldnt bear Halo 3 framerate who was very often a *bit* below 30. I need to be sure here (and i somewhat doubt it can looks this good, with so much on screen with a steady framerate...)
Yep.

f@luS said:

yes, most of the preview versions were at 60. so im pretty sure the game should never dip under

f@luS

More than a member.
dark10x said:
whats about the overall IQ? (aliasing ? feel like real 720p? (not a bit blurry like COD or Halo?)

Im really tempted , it looks really good, and my Pc couldnt hold a steady framerate with good gfx

BeeDog

chubigans said:
Anyone? Anyone?

Almost all have been multiplayer. There has been a couple of mods (there was this zombie mod, but it was only one level). And then there has been a couple of special scripted maps with objectives. This at least is what I know about UT2004, haven't followed the earlier games.

mr stroke

GAF Name / PSN
mr stroke/mr stroke

lets get some GAF games going with mics PLEASE!!!...damn you Sony for not putting a mic in your 600$ console :(

pack one in=90% of people use voice chat
no pack in=25% of people use voice chat

Dibbz

Game looks awesome. I'm defintely going to pick this up.

Does anyone know the date for PAL regions?? I asked before but no one answered.

Top Bottom