• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

jacket320

chubigans said:
Anyone? Anyone?

AFIK, you've always been able have access to the mods that you download in online games for use during offline matches with bots. Is that what you're asking?

GAF/PSN
jacket320/jacket320

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
BeeDog said:
Almost all have been multiplayer. There has been a couple of mods (there was this zombie mod, but it was only one level). And then there has been a couple of special scripted maps with objectives. This at least is what I know about UT2004, haven't followed the earlier games.

Ah, I see. Thanks!

jacket320 said:
AFIK, you've always been able have access to the mods that you download in online games for use during offline matches with bots. Is that what you're asking?

That's pretty awesome to know too. I guess I'll be picking this up tomorrow!

cameltoe

I only recall MP mods...(Infiltration, Strike Force....oh, what was that one...it was like a CS rip off..shit!!

Tactical OPs...thats it!!)

A quick search found Operation Na Pali. A single player mod for UT.

Zefah said:
I can't comment on the PS3 version, but the PC version is awesome. Have you played Unreal games before? Did you know what you were getting into? I realize Unreal games aren't for everyone, but UT3 is pretty much the same as UTK4 with some improvements and different graphics. These games are all about the multiplayer mode. Its amazing that they included anything more than a tutorial for the single-player side of this game in my opinion.

Absolutely no improvement over 2004.

I even prefer the art style of 2004.

UTK4 is alot slower as well. Has more options, more game types and just more of everything really.

UT3 is still a good game mind you, it just feels half-arsed....abit like how UT2003 was.

Aeon712

Firewire said:
Bastards! I'll be on in 10-15 minutes! C'mon Aeon you know I'm good for a kill! :lol
I sent you a friend request ingame, not sure if it alerts you like in Resistance when you get one but check it.

test_account

XP-39C²
It might have already been answered, but how does the keyboard/mouse setup work when you start or join a server? Can you set options to not allow keyboard/mouse support?

dralla

Aeon712 said:
I sent you a friend request ingame, not sure if it alerts you like in Resistance when you get one but check it.

you don't need to do that. once someone on your PSN friends list logs on to UT3, he'll appear on the UT list. you just can't see them when they're not in UT3

btw I saw you in an instagib match before

Lefty42o

Banned
test_account said:
It might have already been answered, but how does the keyboard/mouse setup work when you start or join a server? Can you set options to not allow keyboard/mouse support?

yes and it shows you in the list if it is a kb/m room or both

Synless

Bebpo said:
Ok, first impressions:

-Game plays AMAZINGLY well with the controller. Taken by surprise at this.

-RUMBLE IS SO GOOD. This is the best rumble game on the PS3 right now. This combined with what I just said above makes it a hell of a lot of fun to play with a controller surprisingly (was planning on using my USB KB/M).

-Game runs very smooth. Locked 30fps feels nice though motion blur seems a bit overdone at times when you are panning fast. MB worked better in Gears when you reacted slower.

-Gameplay is ACE. I loved UT2k4 and put way more time than I should have into it and this feels just as tight. The speed reduction thing doesn't bother me as it still feels pretty fast and fun.

-Graphics don't look as good as Gears by a long shot. There I said it, go ahead and flame. The PC version might look on par, but the PS3 version's textures don't seem as good as Gears and the two arenas I've tried so far are just not on the same level.

-BUT, the graphics look awesome and locked at 30fps with tons of action going on, I'm really satisfied with the game visually. Audio 5.1 sounds good too with lots of use of all 6 channels.
I agree with everything you said except the part about gears looking better. The textures are better in Unreal 3 for sure, play the space station level then com back and tell us what you think.

oneHeero

So the Friends List is basically anyone who has UT on your PSN? There arent 2 different list like on RFOM? I wish it was ingame FL instead :(

Synless

oneHeero said:
So the Friends List is basically anyone who has UT on your PSN? There arent 2 different list like on RFOM? I wish it was ingame FL instead :(
No in-game like resistance, just whoever has the game that's on, very similar to Cod4.

dralla

I also think Gears looks better. The textures and lighting are better in it, but UT3 is such a bigger game it's understandable.

love the black hole effect of the shock combo :]

8afi88m.gif

ah yes, before the game came out on PS3 I heard there was a map that was referred to as the Quake 3 map, I'm guessing it's Sentinel? probably why it's one of my favorite maps. GREAT duel map

Firewire

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Just about to get back online! Aeon I can actually kill people in this! I'll check for the invite!

h3ro

2real4tv said:
okay now that some of u have played UT3 or warhawk for xmas

Pickup UTIII with a coupon on CAG and download Wowhawk! Its a win win!! You should be able to pick up both for $100 including shipping/tax on UT III if you spot the right deals!

dralla said:
I also think Gears looks better. The textures and lighting are better in it, but UT3 is such a bigger game it's understandable.

love the black hole effect of the shock combo :]

8afi88m.gif

ah yes, before the game came out on PS3 I heard there was a map that was referred to as the Quake 3 map, I'm guessing it's Sentinel? probably why it's one of my favorite maps. GREAT duel map

Sentinel is very Quake in appearance, it doesn't strike me as Quake like in design as Biohazard does though (even though it looks not so quakeish). The layout of Biohazard to me feels like it's straight out of quake 3 with the way the health is arranged and weapons are layed out.

Loudninja

December 11, 2007 - After a few hours tinkering around with Epic's PS3 version of Unreal Tournament 3, we have to say we're very impressed. Epic has, at least upon initial examination, done a great job making sure PS3 users get the full Unreal Tournament experience. Not only does it control well with the SIXAXIS, but the game features fully customizable mouse and keyboard support, along with the ability to load in mods. Perhaps most impressive, especially considering the number of PS3 versions of games that run poorly when compared to their counterparts on other platforms, this version's visuals are brilliantly detailed and run, at least as far as we've seen, as a very smooth clip. We have experienced a bit of slowdown on larger Warfare maps with the maximum number of bots loaded in, but it wasn't anything to get worked up about

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/840/840828p1.html

Its good to see the PS3 get a great port

Duke Togo

I picked this up on my way home, and just played my first multiplayer match. TONS OF FUN! This game will definitely eat up a lot of my time. :lol

Sanjuro

Ploid 3.0 said:
You took mute off? Someone else had this problem when trying to figure out if this featured voice chat.
Yeah mute is off. Haven't heard one person. Cannot talk with friends either.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
dralla said:
there's a surpsing number of games up considering it's only the first day with zero promotion. I saw like 30 servers for co-op campaign wtf lol. anyway, Midway needs to put up more dedicated servers. The P2P can get pretty laggy

:( So how many dedicated servers are they hosting as of now and room for how many players? I can't mess with laggy P2P.

Have you tried any (if there are any) user hosted dedicated servers?

Posting it again so it doesnt get lost. Wonder if this can be posted in the title (what page its on) by OP or the first post

Gaf Name/ PSN Name
Lefty42o Lefty420
Broadbandito Broadbandit
Dralla DirtyWorm
dark10x dark1x
bad-joey badjoey
DenogginizerOS Denogginizer
theBishop theBishop
Nightz N1ghtz
Aeon712 Aeon712
Costanza CostanzaGAF
cameltoe cameltow
BeeDog BeeDog
Dante Jenovah
nickslicl HellsHalfHalo
Wollan Wollan
Bebpo Bebpo or Bebpojp
Firewire Spartan666
.hacked morphixPS
Shawnwhann ProfessaSkillz
Satori Sattori
Tonx Tonx
mr stroke mr stroke
jacket320 jacket320
AlxRymnd914 Alias2k9
darkressurection monkyofdoom
DoctorWho Proteus4
number1jagsfan number1jagsfan
inner-G KiLLBeAsT
NameGenerated Name_Generated
TwIsTeD dizzyd
linkzg linkzg64
g35twinturbo g35twinturbo
AltogetherAndrews PoisonMarket

Everyone post psn names so i can add

Costanza

Banned
Has anyone on gaf actually been able to successfully talk to someone else using voice chat? I'm pretty sure it's totally broken. Epic better fix this shit quick.

dralla

Beatbox said:
:( So how many dedicated servers are they hosting as of now and room for how many players? I can't mess with laggy P2P.

Have you tried any (if there are any) user hosted dedicated servers?

I think Garnett said 50 DS on 1up Yours. Not ALL p2p is laggy though, I played with someone who lives about an hour away from me and it ran smooth. Just find a good host I guess. and yes, you can run a DS if you'd like.

just found out you can message/friend invite random people. Press Triangle on their names on the leaderboards or in the lobby. Epic has a mini-XBL running here :]

McLovin

Oh I just realized my psn comment was "UT3 12/11 Believe" I better go change that :lol
Now that I had more time with it.. some stages are fun. Like the outer space one. I still think the graphics could have been better. Don't know why they used square to pick up items.. go on the hoverboard.. go on vehicles but they have triangle as a back up start button. So.. gameplay isn't too bad.. but I still stand by most of the other stuff I said. As far as frame rate goes.. that was lag.. my bad Its kinda hard to tell the difference of when your online or in campaign mode. Vehicle controls also need tweaking. They should have held the game up for 2008.

Costanza

Banned
Broadbandito said:
Posting it again so it doesnt get lost. Wonder if this can be posted in the title (what page its on) by OP or the first post

Gaf Name/ PSN Name
Lefty42o Lefty420
Broadbandito Broadbandit
Dralla DirtyWorm
dark10x dark1x
bad-joey badjoey
DenogginizerOS Denogginizer
theBishop theBishop
Nightz N1ghtz
Aeon712 Aeon712
Costanza ????
cameltoe cameltow
BeeDog BeeDog
Dante Jenovah
nickslicl HellsHalfHalo
Wollan Wollan
Bebpo Bebpo or Bebpojp
Firewire Spartan666
.hacked morphixPS
Shawnwhann ProfessaSkillz
Satori Sattori
Tonx Tonx
mr stroke mr stroke
jacket320 jacket320
AlxRymnd914 Alias2k9

Everyone post psn names so i can add
my PSN name is CostanzaGAF

I'm really considering getting this one on the PS3. I need something competitive on it and the good feedback here is helping.

How's the server selection right now? I'm guessing worst then the PC :p
And is the online play region blocked? If not I might import it.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
So I just finish playing a long session (3 hours-ish) and I must say I am very impressed. I brought down my keyboard and mouse yet was surprised to find I do much better with the SIXAXIS, the game controls phenomenally with it.

I was also glad to see Midway hosting dedicated servers and there are quite a bit of people online for day 1 with little advertising.

Awesome.

Gaf Name/PSN Name
NameGenerated/Name_Generated

Please send me friend requests, I have maybe 5 total PSN friends whom I never even play with!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Lets keep the X360 stuff out of the thread until at least a ship date is even discussed.

As for the success of UT3 on PS3, now is the time to send a message to publishers that the PS3 is a system that can sustain a game like UT3. If you like the series and have a PS3 and want more games on the level of UT3's DNA to be on the PS3, then speak with your wallet and support the gang from Epic by buying UT3.

Top Bottom