• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

dralla

I think it's the host.

i just found my first shitty map, Arsenal :[

oh shit, CarbonFire is awesome. it has this giant door you can open with a button.itll open up a pit and kill everyone standing on it. and the damage amp is down there too if you're brave enough to get it. and it's got these moving platforms around the outside of the level.

Bebpo

Banned
Deathmatch really feels like the succesor to Q3A. Something about slowing it down makes it feel a lot better.

My problem with the graphics is that a lot of the dark or purple levels seem really washed out. The day levels look a lot nicer.

Also, what did they do to the green blob gun. Seems real shitty compared to UT2k4.

dralla said:
I think it's the host.

i just found my first shitty map, Arsenal :[

Well sometimes like 6 people have U before their name ^^;

Loudninja said:
Yes,some say its really good in the game

Not just good...amazing. Best rumble in a FPS ever!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
f@luS said:
whats about the overall IQ? (aliasing ? feel like real 720p? (not a bit blurry like COD or Halo?)

Im really tempted , it looks really good, and my Pc couldnt hold a steady framerate with good gfx
The image quality is really good. It doesn't use AA, but like Gears, it still feels really clean (it's a full 1280x720). The AF then allows its textures to appear very crisp at a distance.

Again, it looked better than the PC version maxed out at 1280x720 on the same display (though I'm sure a powerful PC running the game at higher resolutions at 60 fps would look best).

Loudninja

Bebpo said:
Deathmatch really feels like the succesor to Q3A. Something about slowing it down makes it feel a lot better.

My problem with the graphics is that a lot of the dark or purple levels seem really washed out. The day levels look a lot nicer.

Also, what did they do to the green blob gun. Seems real shitty compared to UT2k4.

Well sometimes like 6 people have U before their name ^^;

Not just good...amazing. Best rumble in a FPS ever!

Well there you have it! :D

theBishop

Banned
i just picked it up, but i haven't played it yet.

Add theBishop to the multiplayer list.

Anecdotally (and I live in Philadelphia, a Playstation stronghold), the Gamestop at the Gallery mall was sold out, and after I left the EBgames, there was only one copy left. Seems like a pretty nice start. That is, unless that "limited quantities" thing was serious.

I never played an Unreal game on the PC but I loved Unreal Tournament for Dreamcast. Played that game nonstop for a few months straight and it ate up many of my nights into the early morning. I also played quite a bit of Unreal Championship and while that wasn't as good I still enjoyed it.

This game reminds me of playing that first Unreal Tournament on the DC and is washing out the horrible taste of Unreal Championship 2.

Dante

DenogginizerOS said:
Lets keep the X360 stuff out of the thread until at least a ship date is even discussed.

As for the success of UT3 on PS3, now is the time to send a message to publishers that the PS3 is a system that can sustain a game like UT3. If you like the series and have a PS3 and want more games on the level of UT3's DNA to be on the PS3, then speak with your wallet and support the gang from Epic by buying UT3.

!

I'll be on a bit tonight, but I may have to stop early because I picked up Lost season 3 on Blu Ray today :)

dralla

sucks that I have to get up early tomorrow. this is my last week of the fall semester. I have to write a paper and have an appointment with an advisor in the morning. Not much UT3 for me tonight :[

a. Resistance Shotgun whores will feel right at home with the Flak Cannon
b. Link gun is my fav. weapon
c. I love how the BioRifle's barrel turns sideways when you charge it

that's all my UT3 for the night

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
damn you bastards I promise myself not to buy anymore games as I havent finished a single one this holiday season yet.

Amazon order - two day shipping
noo!!!!!!!!!!!!

SanjuroTsubaki said:
I'm on the other side of the fence on this one. The lack of voice chat is inexcusable.

That's a complaint I see made all the time in reference to PS3 online games, yet I almost never experience a lack of voice chat in the games I play. Granted that not everyone always has a mic, but then I can say from experience that I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Seems like most of those who have something to say own a mic. Or maybe I've just been lucky.

SanjuroTsubaki said:
I'm on the other side of the fence on this one. The lack of voice chat is inexcusable.

its not a lack of voice chat, more of lack of a working voice chat

at least from what ive heard from impressions and 1up and such. It supports voice but doesnt seem like its working too well

Dante

PistolGrip said:
damn you bastards I promise myself not to buy anymore games as I havent finished a single one this holiday season yet.

Amazon order - two day shipping
noo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just get it, it's the last big game of 07 :)

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
SanjuroTsubaki said:
what? This is the first time hearing this. They said in 1up voice chat was there (could have been for the PC version though :( )

Bookey

Professional Monk
Ill be on this Thurs if the stores have it, how was it looking at places you all purchased yours from?

Sanjuro

darkressurection said:
Nobody uses it on PC either so it isn't a big deal (for this at least)
But yeah, this game is great on PS3!
But you have a keyboard to communicate with other people. You can't speak with anyone in this game. I'm not using the PS3 online as a crutch, there are other games that work and function perfectly fine. This is more along the lines of Wii online.

Everything else seems decent although I have noticed a few glitches and weird things besides this flaw already.

steve

Banned
Voice chat is Muted by default, you need to go into the settings and unMute it.

It's then a push-to-talk affair, utilizing the right button on the D-pad to speak.

steve said:

It's then a push-to-talk affair, utilizing the right button on the D-pad to speak.

Thanks

This game really isn't a push to talk game. That is silly.

Captain N

I just picked it up on the PS3..I'll post impressions later..I got my girlfriend French Coach so she'll be busy with that while I play some Unreal Tournament III.

Gaf Name / PSN Name
Captain N / Captain_N

Holy shit! Strident is an instant classic CTF map!!

One thing that I love about UT is that you never feel robbed. You pretty much getting most kills that you deserve.

Leo the 3rd

Lord of the Manberries
Fun game. For folks with issues or complaints about the color, look at the manual about post-processing. You can tweak (choice of different color settings) it. It's set to default.

Leo the 3rd said:
Fun game. For folks with issues or complaints about the color, look at the manual about post-processing. You can tweak (choice of different color settings) it. It's set to default.

Have to check that out. Default feels a bit muted to me.

So how does the whole MOD scene work? Do I have to download them off the net and then save them to my HDD?

http://udn.epicgames.com/PS3Mods/WebHome.html -- There is no information here... :(

Nightz

Having not played Unreal in years, I was taken back at first by the speed of the game. I did not remember how fast and twitchy UT was. After a few games, I'm getting the hang of it again. I don't have a mouse and keyboard to try the game with, but I think the controls are just fine on my DS3. Love the rumble as well.:D

Aeon712

The Aeon Effect is strong in this one as much as in Resistance :lol

Used my camera phone :(

IMAG0023.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

IMAG0026.jpg

Synless

Leo the 3rd said:
Just like gears of war, I always set it to vibrant. BTW how do you or where do you get the mods at, I read that they had some classic levels already made where can I get them?

Costanza

Banned
steve said:

still nothing..

Once again, has anyone actually sucessfully communicated with someone in game using the voice chat?

Synless

Costanza said:
still nothing..

Once again, has anyone actually sucessfully communicated with someone in game using the voice chat?
I'll confirm it I used it earlier today to talk to a friend on my list, we both got it today. (well I had it anyways it was taken away until christmas, but I got 2 hours into it). Although I will admit (didn't really think of it at the time) I can't recall anyone else talking when playing any of the deathmatch games other then me and my buddy, maybe everyone else just can't figure it out it says right in the controller setup menu.

mr stroke

Synless said:
I'll confirm it I used it earlier today to talk to a friend on my list, we both got it today. (well I had it anyways it was taken away until christmas, but I got 2 hours into it). Although I will admit (didn't really think of it at the time) I can't recall anyone else talking when playing any of the deathmatch games other then me and my buddy, maybe everyone else just can't figure it out it says right in the controller setup menu.

Ok so it sounds like it works then? just maybe no one out there knows how to work it yet??
we need an all GAF game with everyone on mics

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Right now the tools to make PS3 mods aren't out. When they are out, modders will just have to export to PS3 with a few button presses.

Synless

chubigans said:
Right now the tools to make PS3 mods aren't out. When they are out, modders will just have to export to PS3 with a few button presses.
I see, well I hope they get this up by the time christmas comes so I when I get back on I can have some classic maps as well.

EktorPR

I don't know if my Jabra bluetooth headset sucks, or the UT III communication feature sucks, but it's pretty difficult to set up a decent conversation with someone, much less with your team on CTF. Shit.

calder

EktorPR said:
I don't know if my Jabra bluetooth headset sucks, or the UT III communication feature sucks, but it's pretty difficult to set up a decent conversation with someone, much less with your team on CTF. Shit.

I'm thinking about getting a cheap usb headset. Playing COD4 on the weekend there was 2 guys talking and it was crystal clear, just perfect sound and volume coming from them like they were sitting next to me. I didn't get a chance to ask them what headset they were using, but later on another guy with a pretty good and clear tx said he was using his old socom usb headset. I don't know if that means it came with SOCOM or if he got it for that game from somewhere else, but I'm dying to find one good solution.

As far as using mics goes though... I admit I almost never bother turning mine on unless my brother or friends are in the same game. There's not much that you need to say playing COD4, and I hate feeling like other people are being annoyed by random noises in my place (my wife's insane and infuriating habit of whistling or humming while on the laptop in the same room especially... seriously I'm saving you all by not subjecting you people to it). Even when I do have it on I almost never talk, I just never feel that it's that important and I would just hate calling out advice or a warning and having it be wrong.

Top Bottom